PDA

View Full Version : D6 Space - dialing down metaphysics?

Maquise
2013-08-01, 05:46 PM
I've been looking over the metaphysics system of D6 Space, and while I'd like to use it in my game, I can't help but feel like it doesn't quite fit with my setting.

As it reads, it seems very flashy, which isn't particularly what I'm looking for. What I'd like is something more like the Dune universe, Firefly, or the Chronicles of Riddick, if that makes sense. Something that seems just supernatural, as opposed to chucking energy bolts around.

LibraryOgre
2013-08-01, 07:57 PM
If it works like I remember, what you do is you make Channel and Transform a lot more expensive... harder to pull off, maybe with a flat modifier to make them less likely to succeed.

Or simply only allow sense. It can still make some impressive effects... you might decide something like River's fight against the Reavers is a combination of good physical ability and enough Clairvoyance to react perfectly... but they're going to be less overt.

Maquise
2013-08-01, 08:03 PM
That gives me an idea. I might restrict channel so that it can only target the manifester's own body; I'm thinking that it would function like adepts in Shadowrun.