PDA

View Full Version : Pseudodragon Class Skills

the_archduke
2013-08-01, 09:24 PM
If I played a pseudodragon, what would my class skills be for my two dragon hitdice?

Bonus question

This is E6, what class would be good for 4 levels?

Str 6
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 8

Zach J.
2013-08-01, 09:28 PM
I would assume that the skills listed for the Pseudodragon monster entry would be considered its class skills. Is this for 3.5 or Pathfinder? Are those your final ability scores? If that's the case maybe a cleric or a druid?

Segev
2013-08-01, 09:32 PM
It looks like Diplomacy, Listen, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot are what the Pseudodragon has skill points spent in. I am not sure how some of the values come about unless they gave it skills as if it had 3 HD rather than the listed 2, but those would be the class skills. The other listed skills look to have their bonuses solely determined by bonuses other than ranks.

Humble Master
2013-08-01, 09:32 PM
In the Monster Manual it says in the Creating Monsters section that any Skills you give the monster are treated as class skills. Based on this I think the class skills for the Pseudodragon would be Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot and Survival.

Also, those abilities are kind of low, but Cleric or Druid seem like they would be the best options. Druid is probably better because Wild Shape would let you not have to worry about your low Str.

Zach J.
2013-08-01, 09:35 PM
If it's 3.5 then it's a toss up between cleric or druid. If Pathfinder I think the druid would be a little better.

avr
2013-08-01, 10:32 PM
Swordsage 4 could be interesting. You'd get up to 3rd level maneuvers, WIS to AC, and some handy attacks. You won't be a powerhouse though.