PDA

View Full Version : Links to Single Posts

Humble Master
2013-08-01, 09:28 PM
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to put this question. Simply stated, how can I create a link in my signature to a single post?

Gray Mage
2013-08-01, 09:38 PM
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to put this question. Simply stated, how can I create a link in my signature to a single post?

Click on the post's number (in this thread yours is #1), that'll link to a page with only that post in it. Use that page's url.

Savannah
2013-08-01, 09:39 PM
Go to the post you want to link to. Click on the little number in the upper right corner of that post (for example, this post is "#3"). The post should then be open in its own window, with no other posts visible.

If that's what you want, use the URL of that window for your link.

If you want the posts around it visible, click on the thread name that will be visible in the upper right corner, above the single post. Then use the URL of the resulting window for the link.

Let me know if any of that didn't make sense, and I'll try to clarify :smallsmile:

Humble Master
2013-08-01, 09:41 PM
Thank you Gray Mage and Savannah for your swift and informative response.

Edit: One more quick question: Where should I put a post with links to my homebrew?

Gray Mage
2013-08-01, 10:09 PM
Edit: One more quick question: Where should I put a post with links to my homebrew?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you want a central thread for your homebrew, I suppose it'd be in the homobrew section. If you want a post because your signature doesn't have enough room, I recall seeing a long signature thread in friendly banter.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-08-02, 07:26 AM
Thank you Gray Mage and Savannah for your swift and informative response.

You mean like an extended signature where you can put links to all your stuff?

Try here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60676

Humble Master
2013-08-02, 07:52 AM
Thank you again for the answers.

Rawhide
2013-08-02, 12:40 PM
I suppose it'd be in the homobrew section.

I am now imagining a thread on how the different societies might react to same sex relationships in various campaign settings...

137beth
2013-08-03, 02:13 PM
I am now imagining a thread on how the different societies might react to same sex relationships in various campaign settings...

I seem to recall a similar thread on the Paizo forums...(although it was specifically about Golarion).

TuggyNE
2013-08-08, 05:06 AM
Click on the post's number (in this thread yours is #1), that'll link to a page with only that post in it. Use that page's url.

If you want a really short version for crowded signatures, use instead. (For example, this rather than this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15740260&postcount=2).)

This post brought to you by "I have to trim and condense my signature every time I try to change it".