PDA

View Full Version : How to break the game

Drake2009
2013-08-01, 10:07 PM
Well my campaign is coming to an end and I want to go out with a bang! I want to find a way to just blow through everything. Ive got time and money so almost anything is viable. I dont have like 100,000 gp but I have a fair amount. Level 13 Wizard so magic is available. Impress me!

unseenmage
2013-08-01, 10:10 PM
Step 1: Do a Google search for "GitP Tippy and Wish Gate Ice Assassin".

Step 2: Read the first 3-10 posts as though they were instructions.

Step 3: Giggle maniacally.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit

Sith_Happens
2013-08-01, 10:11 PM
What sorts of encounters, situations, and/or major geopolitical bodies do you expect to need "blown through?"

Drake2009
2013-08-01, 10:15 PM
What sorts of encounters, situations, and/or major geopolitical bodies do you expect to need "blown through?"

Whoops should have said that! Unfortunately we are facing drow which is always annoying (DANG YOU SPELL RESISTANCE!!!)

Alex12
2013-08-01, 10:15 PM
How permissive is the DM?
What feats and such do you have?
What sort of endgame/final encounter are you expecting to face?
How much downtime are you expecting?

Because with some time and infinite money loops (Personally, I like Wall of Salt, then selling the salt for the price listed in the SRD) you buy all the magic items.

Also, get a blank book, cover it in nothing but Explosive Runes (including the cover- just make sure you and your friends can't trigger it) and throw it at the BBEG for piles of damage.

Drake2009
2013-08-01, 10:21 PM
How permissive is the DM?
What feats and such do you have?
What sort of endgame/final encounter are you expecting to face?
How much downtime are you expecting?

Because with some time and infinite money loops (Personally, I like Wall of Salt, then selling the salt for the price listed in the SRD) you buy all the magic items.

Also, get a blank book, cover it in nothing but Explosive Runes (including the cover- just make sure you and your friends can't trigger it) and throw it at the BBEG for piles of damage.

Not lots of time probobly a day or two. Any 3.5 or Pathfinder. Any expansion books. Were gonna face drow and lots of them. Loving that explosive runes!

Big Fau
2013-08-01, 11:18 PM
Whoops should have said that! Unfortunately we are facing drow which is always annoying (DANG YOU SPELL RESISTANCE!!!)

There are dozens of spells that don't care about SR. In fact SR just means the Drow have a chance of not being able to benefit from healing spells.

Spuddles
2013-08-01, 11:22 PM
Planar binding. Get a nightmare. Charm Monster it. Astral Project with it for as many retries at whatever you like.

There are dozens of spells that don't care about SR. In fact SR just means the Drow have a chance of not being able to benefit from healing spells.

There also hundreds of SR:yes spells. SR has the advantae of controlling what spells and actions your opponent must take.

unseenmage
2013-08-01, 11:31 PM

DMG page 298,
"A creature can voluntarily lower its spell resistance. Doing so is
a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
Once a creature lowers its resistance, it remains down until the
creature’s next turn. At the beginning of the creature’s next turn,
the creature’s spell resistance automatically returns unless the
creature intentionally keeps it down (also a standard action that
does not provoke an attack of opportunity).
A creature’s spell resistance never interferes with its own spells,
items, or abilities."

Drow have no problem accepting healing magics. At least not because of SR they don't.

Edit: Though all those standard actions would make it really annoying to get healed if you were unconcious. Remind me never to play a Drow.

erikun
2013-08-01, 11:32 PM
Good news: You are a high enough wizard to cast Planar Binding (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/planarBinding.htm). Use it to bind an Efreeti (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/genie.htm#efreeti), and have it use its three wishes to give you any three wishes you want. (Offer to make one of the wishes on the efreeti's behalf, that normally sweetens the deal.)

Cast Planar Binding as often as you'd like, continuing to get wishes until you have built up whatever you'd like. Candle of Invocation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#candleofInvocation) is a nice thing to wish for, as it can be used as Gate to call a creature and force it to perform a task for you - such as calling an Efreeti and having it use three wishes for you. :smallbiggrin:

Limitless wishes should give you the opportunity to do whatever you'd like, from just lighting dozens of candles to call forth a horde of angels, up to re-creating the Trippyverse.

Drake2009
2013-08-01, 11:52 PM
Also almost forgot Im chaotic good.

erikun
2013-08-02, 12:17 AM
An efreeti is neither a [Lawful] nor an [Evil] subtype, regardless of the creature's alignment, and so it is neither a lawful nor an evil spell. The only subtype attached to the spell is [Fire], because efreet are fire-subtype.

Wizards do not have any restriction on alignment spells anyways.

Darth Stabber
2013-08-02, 12:29 AM
DMG page 298,
"A creature can voluntarily lower its spell resistance. Doing so is
a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
Once a creature lowers its resistance, it remains down until the
creature’s next turn. At the beginning of the creature’s next turn,
the creature’s spell resistance automatically returns unless the
creature intentionally keeps it down (also a standard action that
does not provoke an attack of opportunity).
A creature’s spell resistance never interferes with its own spells,
items, or abilities."

Drow have no problem accepting healing magics. At least not because of SR they don't.

Edit: Though all those standard actions would make it really annoying to get healed if you were unconcious. Remind me never to play a Drow.

Last time I played a pixie I made sure I had my own in combat healing, and out of combat healing is not a problem.

Drake2009
2013-08-02, 10:48 AM
An efreeti is neither a [Lawful] nor an [Evil] subtype, regardless of the creature's alignment, and so it is neither a lawful nor an evil spell. The only subtype attached to the spell is [Fire], because efreet are fire-subtype.

Wizards do not have any restriction on alignment spells anyways.

Awesome! Thank you for the advice.

Downzorz
2013-08-02, 11:11 AM
1. Purchase a manifesting of Psychic Reformation, switching out feats for the ones below.
2. Take Locate City, a spell with a range of ten miles per level
3. Apply Snowcasting (Frostburn) to it, making it a [Cold] spell
4. Apply Flash Frost (PHBII) to it, making it deal 2 cold damage to everything in the area
5. Apply Energy Substitution (CArc) to it, making it an electric spell
6. Apply Born of the Three Thunders to it, allowing a reflex save to avoid the damage and changing the damage type
7. Apply Explosive Spell to it, forcing a second Reflex save to avoid being blasted to the edge of the area and 1d6(?) per ten feet traveled

This breaks the world in a very literal sense. Destroys a 130 mile area and everything in it. Leave the cities of your foes in a smoking ruin.

Lightlawbliss
2013-08-02, 12:25 PM
1. Purchase a manifesting of Psychic Reformation, switching out feats for the ones below.
2. Take Locate City, a spell with a range of ten miles per level
3. Apply Snowcasting (Frostburn) to it, making it a [Cold] spell
4. Apply Flash Frost (PHBII) to it, making it deal 2 cold damage to everything in the area
5. Apply Energy Substitution (CArc) to it, making it an electric spell
6. Apply Born of the Three Thunders to it, allowing a reflex save to avoid the damage and changing the damage type
7. Apply Explosive Spell to it, forcing a second Reflex save to avoid being blasted to the edge of the area and 1d6(?) per ten feet traveled

This breaks the world in a very literal sense. Destroys a 130 mile area and everything in it. Leave the cities of your foes in a smoking ruin.

It doesn't destroy the center of the spell (kills everyone there, yes, but not destroy) the flying people will destroy stuff as they fly however the outermost people can actually survive.