PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn VIII: So Two Guys Walked Into a Bar . . .

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mee
2013-08-01, 11:46 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/KCK_015/DancingFoxInnSign1.jpg

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty and torn pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time its homey.

Current Staff:
Naku - Barkeep and Manager
Mist - Barboys
Empty - Barmaid
Empty - Waiter
Strahd - Cook
Empty - Bard

HIRING: Could use a Bard, and maybe another waiter/waitress.

THE MENU:

Under Complete Overhaul. Until it's done, just ask Naku for something.

Wines*:
Bar Drinks*:
Beers, Ales & Such*:
Food:
Dessert:

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png

Older threads;

DFI IV
DFI VI (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228869)
DFI VII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278044)

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.

And, as such,
On Violence:
The DFI is a peaceful place. There has been some IC, as well as OoC, talk about it, and the end result is 'please, for the sake of everyone else, don't do it'. If you want to fight, go elsewhere.
If you insist on fighting here, you will probably find your weapons turning into nerf versions of what they used to be, until you leave. After you leave they'll be returned to what they should be.
If you try to teleport someone out so you can kill them, it will fizzle and not work. Teleporting out in order to go do plot or RP stuff is fine. Just not to work around the rules and kill someone.
Lastly, if you choose to ignore these and keep trying to fight, you will either be ignored, or the entire inn and everyone else in it will be teleported off somewhere else, leaving you where it had been completely alone.

Though please just don't.

Chas the mage
2013-08-01, 11:48 PM
"After that intro? Absolutely." Naku says, finally having something to do, and gets him his drink. "Anything else for you?"

"I'll have--" He pauses, moving his stringy hair from his face, and squints at the menu with his deep set blue eyes for a long moment "some chips, I suppose." He strokes his thick stubble on his chin between his thumb and fore finger and peers around the establishment.

Mee
2013-08-01, 11:53 PM
"I'll have--" He pauses, moving his stringy hair from his face, and squints at the menu with his deep set blue eyes for a long moment "some chips, I suppose." He strokes his thick stubble on his chin between his thumb and fore finger and peers around the establishment.

"Absolutely." Naku says, reaching under the bar, and handing him a bag of chips. "If you want actual higher quality ones, you'll have to wait on the chef. Those can tide you over until then, though.

So where do you come from? What brings you here?"

Chas the mage
2013-08-02, 12:03 AM
"That's all right, I just need something in my stomach," he replies, speaking rather slowly. After adding red and black peppers, he eats a couple of them and finishes his drink before returning to the next query, "I'm a traveling musician, barterer, vagabond, swordsman, and explorer amongst many things; I used to be a denizen here for some time though," he sighs, and then eyes the beer on tap - without moving his bloodshot gaze he continues, "I might have a pad here depending on what my room mates did to it."

McBish
2013-08-02, 09:26 AM
Angie manages to regain some of her composure as Mist goes to get her food. So when he comes back she is no longer any shade of red in the face. She smells the curry and lets out a happy sigh. "Thanks Mist this smells delicious."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-02, 09:33 AM
No problem. Just call if you need anything. I'll try not to bring up any embarrassing mental images for you next time. he says as he turns.

McBish
2013-08-02, 09:45 AM
Angie's feelings waver between amusment and embersement. "Thanks for that, I can handle emberssing images all by myself thank you very much." And with that she is going to settle down and eat her lunch.

The Bushranger
2013-08-02, 06:43 PM
((From the old thread:))

"Yeah Jamie, what other Cerise?" Irene asks, leaning forward a little in curiosity.

"You don't remember Miss Cerise? Who was Mr. Anshu's wife?" Jamie asks, looking surprised Irene doesn't remember this.

Devixer
2013-08-02, 06:45 PM
After watching Hugin put down the harpsichord, Aiden makes sure it looks good, then approaches the bar. Whenever Naku looks at him, he says, "Hey Naku, when you have some time, could we talk for a bit?"

Mee
2013-08-02, 09:44 PM
After watching Hugin put down the harpsichord, Aiden makes sure it looks good, then approaches the bar. Whenever Naku looks at him, he says, "Hey Naku, when you have some time, could we talk for a bit?"

"Absolutely. But I haven't worked much lately, and Mist's been the great employee, so I should proooobably do some work." IF you want, we could PM the RP, and say it happened upstairs after hours.

"That's all right, I just need something in my stomach," he replies, speaking rather slowly. After adding red and black peppers, he eats a couple of them and finishes his drink before returning to the next query, "I'm a traveling musician, barterer, vagabond, swordsman, and explorer amongst many things; I used to be a denizen here for some time though," he sighs, and then eyes the beer on tap - without moving his bloodshot gaze he continues, "I might have a pad here depending on what my room mates did to it."

"Huh. Sounds like you fell on hard times?" Naku asks, moving over to the previously mentioned tap of beer. "Drink? And if you need a place to stay, you're welcome to a room upstairs."

Devixer
2013-08-02, 09:45 PM
"That wouldn't be a problem, I have to go back to work soon anyway. Maybe after I come back?" Aiden says, conveniently providing a reason to go with PMs.

Mee
2013-08-02, 09:59 PM
"That wouldn't be a problem, I have to go back to work soon anyway. Maybe after I come back?" Aiden says, conveniently providing a reason to go with PMs.

"Yeah, sounds great. I'll see you later, then!"
So then, to PMs? Should I send the first, or would you like to?

Devixer
2013-08-02, 10:00 PM
Aiden grins and heads out of the inn, unless stopped.

Would you mind sending the first PM? I'm never good with starting PM scenes.

GrandDM
2013-08-03, 02:42 AM
The door opens, and, with considerable difficulty, a huge man squeezes in, clad in a suit of silver power armour. He stands almost twice the height of an ordinary human, and carries a sword with a strange, electric-blue, shining blade and a massive silver shield. He walks over to the bar.

"Could you direct me to the strongest magic-user you know of?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 12:46 PM
Mist provides his input.
"Most of our customers don't really advertise their jobs, so I don't know too many. The guy in blue with the pocket dragon said he worked at Arcanus, so if no one here volunteers you can try there or one of the Acros."
Jace and Callie were probably the only obvious magic-users to be here since Mist started working. There have been a few magical girls and healers in here since, but they've been more subtle. And Mist hasn't a clue where Callie is, or how strong she is besides that one (pretty awesome) lightning bolt display.

Mee
2013-08-03, 03:33 PM
Mist provides his input.
"Most of our customers don't really advertise their jobs, so I don't know too many. The guy in blue with the pocket dragon said he worked at Arcanus, so if no one here volunteers you can try there or one of the Acros."
Jace and Callie were probably the only obvious magic-users to be here since Mist started working. There have been a few magical girls and healers in here since, but they've been more subtle. And Mist hasn't a clue where Callie is, or how strong she is besides that one (pretty awesome) lightning bolt display.

The door opens, and, with considerable difficulty, a huge man squeezes in, clad in a suit of silver power armour. He stands almost twice the height of an ordinary human, and carries a sword with a strange, electric-blue, shining blade and a massive silver shield. He walks over to the bar.

"Could you direct me to the strongest magic-user you know of?"

"As Mist said," Naku adds, her hands soapy and cleaning a mug, "Most of the people here don't exactly go around saying 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!'. That being said though, what type of magic do you need? Because that would narrow down who to look for a lot."

FireFox
2013-08-03, 04:24 PM
Somebody comes bursting in! The person is wearing navy blue wizard robes embroidered with gold runes and has blond hair, blue eyes, and a cute face. As if the robes weren't proof enough that this person is a mage, they are gasping for breath after a little bit of running. Am I... too late...?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 04:28 PM
"Not that I know of. Um, late for what?" says Mist to the mage of ambiguous gender.

FireFox
2013-08-03, 06:23 PM
The wizard points to the man in power armor. He was going to ask for a powerful magic-user. (S?)He points at Mist. Then you were going to direct him to Arcanus. And now a point to Naku. And then you were going to say 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!' Which is when I wanted to enter, stage left, and proclaim 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of divination the world's ever seen!' but the walk took longer than I thought it would. Have you all already said all that?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-03, 06:26 PM
Yeah, we did, sorry. Nice prediction, though.

Chas the mage
2013-08-03, 08:24 PM
"Huh. Sounds like you fell on hard times?" Naku asks, moving over to the previously mentioned tap of beer. "Drink? And if you need a place to stay, you're welcome to a room upstairs."

"It's not that, necessarily, I've just been on the road all day." He turns and looks over his shoulder, out the window at his worn out vehicle - most likely with several hundred thousand miles or more on it. "A cold lager would be very satisfying."

Mee
2013-08-03, 08:30 PM
The wizard points to the man in power armor. He was going to ask for a powerful magic-user. (S?)He points at Mist. Then you were going to direct him to Arcanus. And now a point to Naku. And then you were going to say 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!' Which is when I wanted to enter, stage left, and proclaim 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of divination the world's ever seen!' but the walk took longer than I thought it would. Have you all already said all that?

"We have. May I get you anything?"

"It's not that, necessarily, I've just been on the road all day." He turns and looks over his shoulder, out the window at his worn out vehicle - most likely with several hundred thousand miles or more on it. "A cold lager would be very satisfying."

"All right. That works for me." Naku says. It wasn't a story of hard times, but it was the answer, and she had promised a beer.
The beer is delivered to directly in front of him very quickly.

Chas the mage
2013-08-03, 08:49 PM
He takes a sip of the beer, to taste, and gives a nod of approval after he swishes it about his mouth - and then he has a rather large swig. "I'll take a room here as well, I'd rather not sleep in my car again if I'll be here for some time." He removes a leather wallet from his pocket, and places it on the bar before he returns to enjoying his beverage. "So, have you worked here long?"

Mee
2013-08-03, 10:27 PM
He takes a sip of the beer, to taste, and gives a nod of approval after he swishes it about his mouth - and then he has a rather large swig. "I'll take a room here as well, I'd rather not sleep in my car again if I'll be here for some time." He removes a leather wallet from his pocket, and places it on the bar before he returns to enjoying his beverage. "So, have you worked here long?"

"Yeah, just pick an empty room and it's yours.

About . . . Maybe sixish months, now, from when I took over the place." Naku says, shrugging slightly. She doesn't remember exactly when she took over.

GrandDM
2013-08-04, 03:49 AM
"As Mist said," Naku adds, her hands soapy and cleaning a mug, "Most of the people here don't exactly go around saying 'Hey guys! Look at me! I'm the most powerful mage of X type the world's ever seen!'. That being said though, what type of magic do you need? Because that would narrow down who to look for a lot."

"Divination? I may have need of you. I need you to find someone who can cast a spell of teleportation capable of bridging dimensions."

Zefir
2013-08-04, 05:09 AM
Vutha nods.

"I will think about it. My cave ins t that clean since the storm a few days ago. If you can bring me a limo it would be nice."
((Think that wasn't answered, since it was the last post in the last thread.))

Vutha will then go and seek for free table, waiting for her drink.

Mee
2013-08-04, 07:48 PM
"Divination? I may have need of you. I need you to find someone who can cast a spell of teleportation capable of bridging dimensions."

"Are you going home, or bringing something over?" Naku asks, apparently not terribly trusting on this subject. She normally is very trusting. Just not for dimension hopping teleportation.

((Think that wasn't answered, since it was the last post in the last thread.))

Vutha will then go and seek for free table, waiting for her drink.

((Yeah, sorry.))

"Yeah, of course. You're welcome to stay here. But we don't serve limos. But if you can tell me what that is, I can try to make one."

Morcleon
2013-08-04, 10:15 PM
"Huh?" Cerise gives Jamie a curious look. "I don't know her. Who is she?"

Reinholdt
2013-08-04, 10:22 PM
"I can't say I've met her." Irene states. Because she hadn't. Imagine that. :smalltongue:

It was after her time I'm afraid.

FireFox
2013-08-04, 11:09 PM
Yeah, we did, sorry. Nice prediction, though.

"We have. May I get you anything?"

The wizard deflates, a comic expression of dejection on its androgynous face. But then it perks back up to its full height of five feet and a quarter of an inch, posing theatrically. Thank you miss, I'll have a glass of wine, please. As for your needs, good sir, I require not a single spell to find what you seek. Yes, such is my skill at discerning the truth of all worlds that I can easily tell you without any hesitation that I, yes I myself, am capable of teleporting through, between, from and to, around, inside and outside, and among dimensions!

The Bushranger
2013-08-05, 01:11 AM
"Oh. I thought you had. Um, Miss Cerise was a Lunar Exalt who used to live at GLoG," Jamie explains with a smile. "She was nice."

GrandDM
2013-08-05, 12:49 PM
The wizard deflates, a comic expression of dejection on its androgynous face. But then it perks back up to its full height of five feet and a quarter of an inch, posing theatrically. Thank you miss, I'll have a glass of wine, please. As for your needs, good sir, I require not a single spell to find what you seek. Yes, such is my skill at discerning the truth of all worlds that I can easily tell you without any hesitation that I, yes I myself, am capable of teleporting through, between, from and to, around, inside and outside, and among dimensions!

The Grey Knight nods. "Very well. I need you to cast a dimensional bridge spell, leaving the destination open, and pass it through me instead of directly casting it so that I can direct it. How much is it going to cost me?"

FireFox
2013-08-05, 01:41 PM
Just a few more details, sir. Are you trying to get teleported to a specific point in another dimension? Or are you asking me to open a portal to a specific point in another dimension, so that things there can come here and vice versa?

Zefir
2013-08-05, 02:33 PM
"Are you going home, or bringing something over?" Naku asks, apparently not terribly trusting on this subject. She normally is very trusting. Just not for dimension hopping teleportation.

((Yeah, sorry.))

"Yeah, of course. You're welcome to stay here. But we don't serve limos. But if you can tell me what that is, I can try to make one."

((Don't worry, happens to last posts.))

Well, my bad. Thought Limo is know, but that seems to be a local term for lemonade.

"I mean a lemon-flavored drink. Or alike. I think A coke falls under this terms as well."

GrandDM
2013-08-06, 02:11 AM
Just a few more details, sir. Are you trying to get teleported to a specific point in another dimension? Or are you asking me to open a portal to a specific point in another dimension, so that things there can come here and vice versa?

((Plus Naku asking what he's actually doing with it; I couldn't find the post))

"That will depend on what he wants in payment. If it's something available to me now, I will only need instantaneous transport. If it's something I can only give him on Titan, I'll need a continuing portal. And I need a specific point, but I need to be the one setting it, because you don't know it.

Mee
2013-08-07, 12:24 PM
((Don't worry, happens to last posts.))

Well, my bad. Thought Limo is know, but that seems to be a local term for lemonade.

"I mean a lemon-flavored drink. Or alike. I think A coke falls under this terms as well."

"Oh, that I can get for you, yeah. One moment." With that, Naku goes about getting the drink mixed and out to the table. "Enjoy."

FireFox
2013-08-07, 02:16 PM
I'd prefer a oneshot teleporting, if it's all the same to you. Anything else would be... difficult, even dangerous. The wizard smiles charmingly. So what do you have right now that you'd be willing to exchange?

GrandDM
2013-08-07, 02:47 PM
I'd prefer a oneshot teleporting, if it's all the same to you. Anything else would be... difficult, even dangerous. The wizard smiles charmingly. So what do you have right now that you'd be willing to exchange?

He draws his sword. "Although this would be a greatsword for you, I judge it to be wieldable. This is a Nemesis Force Sword. You can channel magic through it, and if you do it correctly, it will destroy whatever it cuts. Even normally, it will cut through any armour."

He throws it into the air, lets it turn 180 degrees, catches it by the blade and offers the handle.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-08, 12:49 PM
Been a while since a Magtok was in here. Last time was tied to some Marciano business that almost got violent, if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if the management was a bit wary of his presence, even if he technically never raised an arm in anger against that filthy little parasite of a man.

He mumbles something about portals and parasites upon entry, and spares only the briefest of glances towards Irene and the Space Marine, before going out of his way to ignore the both of them. He doesn't want any trouble, and those two have 'shenanigans' written all over them from head to toe. The Grey Knight especially, given Magtok's past affiliation with demons and daemons alike. He's not sure if those things leave any sort of residue, but the doesn't plan on standing just below the Space Marine's nose to find out.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-08, 01:10 PM
Whatever you guys work out, do it outside, please. Dimensional portals can be killer on wooden floors.
He'll then go over to the newly entered Mag.
[Insert Time of day Here], sir. Can I help you? he asks politely.

Felandria
2013-08-08, 01:48 PM
Felandria enters the inn and takes a seat at an appropriately sized table.

She's wearing a white t-shirt under a open black dress shirt, blue jeans and sneakers, she has her Handy Haversack and her sword with her.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-08, 02:52 PM
"Yes, I'll have a-"

Magtok glances towards the door when a certain half-giant comes in, before turning back towards the server.

"Belay that. A drink for the lady who just came in. Whatever on the menu's considered appropriate for apologizing for killing a person's father, if you guys have anything like that."

Felandria
2013-08-08, 03:36 PM
"Yes, I'll have a-"

Magtok glances towards the door when a certain half-giant comes in, before turning back towards the server.

"Belay that. A drink for the lady who just came in. Whatever on the menu's considered appropriate for apologizing for killing a person's father, if you guys have anything like that."

Felandria spots Magtok at the bar and nods to indicate she's ready to talk.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-08, 08:24 PM
"Got any ideas, boss?"
Mist asks Naku. He doesn't do mixing drinks. He should ask about that sometime.

Mee
2013-08-08, 08:26 PM
"Got any ideas, boss?"
Mist asks Naku. He doesn't do mixing drinks. He should ask about that sometime.

"Depends. How close was this person to their father?" Naku asks, frowning in thought at what might be best.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-08, 08:44 PM
Well while the staff is figuring out the drink order, Magtok relocates to Felandria's table, a polite smile on his face. An innocent enough visage, concealing hundreds of varied plots, schemes, and plans, ranging from the beneficent to the outright malicious. He's going into this talk more or less blind though, without any expectations for where this will go, or ideas as to what he intends to accomplish this. The evil genius hasn't had time to figure out Felandria at all, and while part of that really scares him, another part of him is thrilled senseless by it all. The danger of meeting with a daughter of the gods, the wild potential for this meeting to produce a powerful new adversary capable of crushing his spine between two fingers, or a tentative ally with that same unearthly power...it's absolutely breathtaking.

"So...Dancing Fox Inn, then. The one watering hole in town where neither of us could hope to inflict harm upon one another. That says quite a bit, you know, intended or otherwise."

Magtok clears his throat, reaches into a pocket, and produces a small brown leather bag, which is placed upon the table between the two of them.

"Felandria, I want you to know how sorry I am to have been this much of a thorn in your side thus far. I don't know if you've been watching the news a lot lately, but this is really not the time for me to be making enemies."

FireFox
2013-08-08, 10:55 PM
He draws his sword. "Although this would be a greatsword for you, I judge it to be wieldable. This is a Nemesis Force Sword. You can channel magic through it, and if you do it correctly, it will destroy whatever it cuts. Even normally, it will cut through any armour."

He throws it into the air, lets it turn 180 degrees, catches it by the blade and offers the handle.

The androgynous spellcaster gives the space marine a skeptical look, but takes the sword, staggering under its weight before managing to to hammerspace it. Very well then, let us step outside and commence. Unless you were planning on a long scene, we may as well stay in this thread. But the wizard steps out of the DFI and prepares the teleportation ritual.

Zefir
2013-08-09, 06:08 AM
"Oh, that I can get for you, yeah. One moment." With that, Naku goes about getting the drink mixed and out to the table. "Enjoy."

"Thank you" Vutha says to Naku. She nips on the drink. Her attention is suddendly drawn to Magtok as he calls for a drink for the half giant woman. Her master told her about the cyborg and so she tries to listen to their talking.

GrandDM
2013-08-09, 11:35 AM
The androgynous spellcaster gives the space marine a skeptical look, but takes the sword, staggering under its weight before managing to to hammerspace it. Very well then, let us step outside and commence. Unless you were planning on a long scene, we may as well stay in this thread. But the wizard steps out of the DFI and prepares the teleportation ritual.

As he passes it into the Grey Knight, he'll catch a (not sure what to call it... mind-glimpse? feel? thought-glimpse?) of a strange type of magic, alien and unfamiliar. The energy pulses up his arms, collecting at his upraised hands. He brings them together, but stops as his palms are about an inch apart. Some sort of force seems to be pushing back. He tries harder, but can't bring his hands together. The magic grows stronger and stronger, threatening to break free.

"Resistance... something's blocking me! I can't hold it... if I let it go, I'll be ripped apart and scattered across miles. Wizard! Help me diffuse the energy now, and I'll serve as your bodyguard, soldier, whatever, for the duration of my stay. Just save me now!"

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 12:30 PM
Reinholdt returns here. Or removes himself from the sticky deadtime of Aurea and K. One of the two.

Either way he's here now.

Felandria
2013-08-09, 01:49 PM
Well while the staff is figuring out the drink order, Magtok relocates to Felandria's table, a polite smile on his face. An innocent enough visage, concealing hundreds of varied plots, schemes, and plans, ranging from the beneficent to the outright malicious. He's going into this talk more or less blind though, without any expectations for where this will go, or ideas as to what he intends to accomplish this. The evil genius hasn't had time to figure out Felandria at all, and while part of that really scares him, another part of him is thrilled senseless by it all. The danger of meeting with a daughter of the gods, the wild potential for this meeting to produce a powerful new adversary capable of crushing his spine between two fingers, or a tentative ally with that same unearthly power...it's absolutely breathtaking.

"So...Dancing Fox Inn, then. The one watering hole in town where neither of us could hope to inflict harm upon one another. That says quite a bit, you know, intended or otherwise."

Magtok clears his throat, reaches into a pocket, and produces a small brown leather bag, which is placed upon the table between the two of them.

"Felandria, I want you to know how sorry I am to have been this much of a thorn in your side thus far. I don't know if you've been watching the news a lot lately, but this is really not the time for me to be making enemies."

I'll be honest with you, Magtok, I've calmed down just a little bit, I mean we both know Gods don't always stay dead, especially in the Nexus, frankly, I just figured I'd kill one of your clones and call it a day.

But I do want to hear you out.

So, what's in the bag?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-09, 01:58 PM
Seems not all too much, just enough to inspire some loyalty. says Mist to Naku in regards to Fel's father.

Mee
2013-08-09, 03:11 PM
Seems not all too much, just enough to inspire some loyalty. says Mist to Naku in regards to Fel's father.

"So probably just straight up, fairly strong wine." With that, Naku pulls out a bottle of fairly old, pretty potent, and very, very good wine, pours a glass of the stuff, and passes it off to Mist.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-09, 03:45 PM
Mist presents the glass to Felandria. One glass of some of our especially good stuff. I had a few jokes but thought with the subject matter it'd be inappropriate. Enjoy. he says.

Felandria
2013-08-09, 04:30 PM
Mist presents the glass to Felandria. One glass of some of our especially good stuff. I had a few jokes but thought with the subject matter it'd be inappropriate. Enjoy. he says.

Felandria takes the wine and smiles at Mist.

Thank you.

FireFox
2013-08-09, 04:41 PM
Just outdoors

Well, that is... less than ideal. Still, this still-unnamed wizard is quite skilled at manipulating magic energy. He or she quickly cries out a sibilant word in some arcane language, attempting to diffuse the energy in question.

Meanwhile, at the bar...

Callie Pyrsol, that attractive foxgirl with black ears and tail, walks in and takes a seat at the bar. She looks tired, yet pleased.

Mee
2013-08-09, 04:42 PM
Meanwhile, at the bar...

Callie Pyrsol, that attractive foxgirl with black ears and tail, walks in and takes a seat at the bar. She looks tired, yet pleased.

"Can I get you anything?" Naku asks, before commenting that "You look happy." with a grin of her own.

Upstairs

Well, I suppose K's behind his door now.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-09, 05:20 PM
Mag/Fel Table

The cyborg scoots the bag closer to Felandria.

"Nothing? Everything? A monetary bribe, a lovely bouquet of roses, pair of tickets to some thing you like, an unlicensed mercenary contract, a shiny metal glove that lets you punch things really hard? Some other thing, maybe? I'm not sure yet. It's made using the same tech I use to pull things from home out of my pockets. Only works if I reach my hand in, though. S'more symbolic than anything, really."

Magtok shrugs, raising his palms in the air, before setting them back down. He leans forward in his seat, excitement dancing across the corners of his mouth as an idea already begins to take hold.

"You're a beautiful engine of destruction, Felandria, whether you realize it or not. You've more potential than a great many hundred others I've met before, yet near as I can tell, almost all of it is just sitting there, going wasted. I'm not just talking about your powers, either. The quiet dignity that comes with hailing from such a low-tech world, the ties with Olympus, even the way you move, owning your body's unique proportions, instead of shying away in shame of them.

Right now, despite it all, the world barely knows you exist, when it could be gibbering in awe, adoration, or terror with your every step! You could be stomping apart slave rings, slapping heavily-armed airships right out of the sky, influencing the Nexus on a grand political scale beyond your wildest imaginations! But you're not. And I don't fault you for that. Knowing what to do, where to do it, and how? Very difficult stuff. Even the Nexus's most important person has trouble with that sort of thing, as evidenced by my current crisis.

I'd be willing to guide you, though. For a price, I could help you to become anything you can imagine. Representative of some fantastic new faction on the Council of Inside. Actress of incomparable renown. The new head of Olympus. The Nexus's first Superheroine For Hire. All of these things, none of them, whatever you so choose. The world needs to be woken, Felandria; it needs to be freed of its dreadful stupor, and you're just the woman qualified to shake it up. Your father's name is hurting right now, the respect it once commanded stripped to a mere shadow of its former self. Help me help you bring it back."

FireFox
2013-08-09, 05:26 PM
Business is booming. I'll take whatever you want to give me, no matter the price. She winks at the vampire. How have you been?

Upstairs

Aurea is knocking!

Mee
2013-08-09, 05:30 PM
Business is booming. I'll take whatever you want to give me, no matter the price. She winks at the vampire. How have you been?

Upstairs

Aurea is knocking!

"Business is . . . not so booming. But that's all right. I personally have been fine." As Naku talks, she kneels and begins shifting around under the counter for a really good, really expensive wine. Eventually she finds a good one, and pours Callie a glass full.

Up
"You might want to go around." Comes the muffled reply through the door.

FireFox
2013-08-09, 05:55 PM
Pour yourself one too. After what you did for me, I certainly owe you a drink. Callie smiles charmingly.

Morty
2013-08-09, 05:59 PM
Dipsnig rides into the DFI on Viima. He's not here often - it's not his kind of place. Still, he's heard rumors of people hiring unlicensed mercenaries here. So it looks like he's going to have to negotiate some discounts with the place like he did with Trog's and the Den after all, to encourage NO-licensed mercs to frequent it and hopefully clear out the amateurs. Who will get their due in time, once he's gathered enough of a grip on the business to start tightening the screws.

For now, he dismounts from the wolf and looks around for someone who looks like they might be in charge.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-09, 06:07 PM
Mist can direct Dipsnig to Naku in case the bartender wasn't his first choice somehow.
He'll also wave hello to Rein and Callie, as he does to anyone who he remembers when they come in.
He's just around though unless someone strikes up a conversation.

Mee
2013-08-09, 06:34 PM
Pour yourself one too. After what you did for me, I certainly owe you a drink. Callie smiles charmingly.

"I would, but apparently I've got work to do." Naku says, facing Dipsnig.

Dipsnig rides into the DFI on Viima. He's not here often - it's not his kind of place. Still, he's heard rumors of people hiring unlicensed mercenaries here. So it looks like he's going to have to negotiate some discounts with the place like he did with Trog's and the Den after all, to encourage NO-licensed mercs to frequent it and hopefully clear out the amateurs. Who will get their due in time, once he's gathered enough of a grip on the business to start tightening the screws.

For now, he dismounts from the wolf and looks around for someone who looks like they might be in charge.

"This is my inn. What can I do for you?"

FireFox
2013-08-09, 06:39 PM
Come talk to me when you're done, the black foxgirl calls after Naku. I've got something of a business proposition for you.

Morty
2013-08-09, 06:43 PM
"I'm here on business," Dipsnig says. "Name's Dipsnig Razortooth, the boss of NO. You might have heard about my campaign to introduce order into the adventuring and mercenary business. I'm here to negotiate a discount for NO license holders in your inn."

As he speaks, his wolf stretches on the floor.

Mee
2013-08-09, 06:45 PM
"I'm here on business," Dipsnig says. "Name's Dipsnig Razortooth, the boss of NO. You might have heard about my campaign to introduce order into the adventuring and mercenary business. I'm here to negotiate a discount for NO license holders in your inn."

"I can't say that I have, actually. We're pretty isolated out here. Though I have heard of NO in passing.

What sort of discounts are you wanting?" Naku asks, raising an inquisitive eyebrow and washing out a mug.

Morty
2013-08-09, 06:54 PM
"That depends. What sort of discounts can you give us? I have a deal with Trog's to provide our license holders with cheaper rooms and with the Black Dragon's Den to provide cheaper drinks. I'll take whatever benefit you can offer to our people and compensate you for it," Dipsnig says.

Mee
2013-08-09, 06:59 PM
"That depends. What sort of discounts can you give us? I have a deal with Trog's to provide our license holders with cheaper rooms and with the Black Dragon's Den to provide cheaper drinks. I'll take whatever benefit you can offer to our people and compensate you for it," Dipsnig says.

"I would be more than happy to offer both. On top of that, the DFI is a peaceful building, so I can offer that they'll be protected for as long as they're here.

As self-centered and greedy as it sounds, I am trying to run an inn, and can't afford to be giving out that amount of space and drink for free. Much as I hate to ask, I need to: What's it worth to you?"

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 08:18 PM
Reinholdt watches and listens in on Naku and Dipsnig for a bit, wondering what he's going to end up doing in regards to NO's campaign, if anything will even be necessary. Admittedly he hasn't heard of many people picking up the licenses but a bunch of half-rates looking to step up in what he considers the wrong ways. But even he hasn't met everyone, so that could easily be misleading. Amelia seemed to hate the idea for some reason, but her opinion hardly matters in regards to his choices. And Reinholdt's actually maintained professional respect between him and NO as far as he's concerned, surprisingly. Might need to swing by and talk to Kirk and Dena again.

He supposes he'll have to work out something eventually if NO keeps it up, but for the moment, he approaches Callie instead. "Been a while, huh?"

FireFox
2013-08-09, 08:21 PM
Callie's attention was on the conversation between the goblin and the vampire, so she gives a tiny start when Rein speaks up. Hey. Yeah, it has. How's life?

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 08:23 PM
"Hmmm... reuniting lost loves. Enough to make me long again. You? What have you been up to?" Reinholdt asks Callie.

FireFox
2013-08-09, 08:37 PM
Oh, you know... The usual... Her vulpine eyes twinkle mischievously. Abduction. Espionage. Brainwashing. Shipbuilding. And a whole lot of downtime, actually. My magics have improved, but my chess game needs more work.

Upstairs

Aurea is knocking!

Up
"You might want to go around." Comes the muffled reply through the door.

If a Reinholdt is still with Aurea, she'll look to him for guidance. Otherwise, she'll just try to open the door with half a dozen Knock spells. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 08:41 PM
To be fair, she'd need 18 different knock spells and some of them she'd have to do in the correct order.
Rein's already thought of that.

"Right. Window then. He really doesn't know how to open the door anymore." Reinholdt will lead Aurea to the next room to where she can go out the window to come in the next window where K is. He can fly her if need be.

"Oh? Improved how? Magical brainwashing?" Reinholdt asks, curious.

FireFox
2013-08-09, 08:54 PM
This all seems highly suspect, Reinholdt. But the golden-haired woman follows him anyways. An FF character that isn't wildly paranoid and sees traps everywhere? Is such a thing possible?

My druidic magic improves with study and my arcane magic improves with training. After I took care of those other things, I had plenty of time to do both. She shrugs. I'm afraid I can't give you any further details... Unless you're still with us, of course.

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 08:57 PM
"Well... I can think of one reason worth staying for." Reinholdt says, giving Callie an appreciative look. "Not that I recall ever leaving in the first place."

"Of course it is."
Reinholdt doesn't bring up the part about the selling your soul away.

FireFox
2013-08-09, 09:05 PM
After casting a spell to levitate over to K's window she enters the room, looking remarkably self-possessed and dignified. Hello?

Callie smirks. Fair enough. Got any juicy intelligence you'd like to share? We're not quite clear on the current state of things, so I don't know what he'll ask you to do next.

Mee
2013-08-09, 09:07 PM
After casting a spell to levitate over to K's window she enters the room, looking remarkably self-possessed and dignified. Hello?

K peeeeeeeeeeers at Aurea for a few moments, then 'huh's to himself quietly, and says "Wrong one, Rein. This isn't her."

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 09:13 PM
"NO started an adventurer's guild, trying to strangle the market. But now you're changing the subject. You said you wanted to share details about yourself." Reinholdt insists.

Reinholdt goes to take the picture from the desk. Look at it. Show it to Aurea. Hold it up next to Aurea so K can see it.

Sure looks like her...

FireFox
2013-08-09, 09:23 PM
Holding the picture next to her makes one thing clear. This isn't Aurea. This isn't even an Aurea from an alternate universe. The golden-haired woman standing in the room looks like somebody tried to create or impersonate an Aurea, but didn't spend enough time studying the original. Don't get me wrong, she can easily pass for Aurea on her own, it's just that comparing her to the picture reveals slight differences in shape and dimensions. K, being more familiar with the real Aurea than Reinholdt, apparently picked up on the subtle details quickly.
Why... this is my picture! "Aurea" looks at it in surprise. How did you come across it, sir?

I meant details about my work. Why would you be interested in details about myself? She assumed this was a business discussion.

Mee
2013-08-09, 09:34 PM
Holding the picture next to her makes one thing clear. This isn't Aurea. This isn't even an Aurea from an alternate universe. The golden-haired woman standing in the room looks like somebody tried to create or impersonate an Aurea, but didn't spend enough time studying the original. Don't get me wrong, she can easily pass for Aurea on her own, it's just that comparing her to the picture reveals slight differences in shape and dimensions. K, being more familiar with the real Aurea than Reinholdt, apparently picked up on the subtle details quickly.
Why... this is my picture! "Aurea" looks at it in surprise. How did you come across it, sir?

"Oh, you know. Just kinda took the picture, you know. You two can go ahead and take off." K says, turning his chair back around.

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 09:39 PM
"Aren't we the work that we do? Apparently not if your question is any admission in regards to that. I'm interested in both, but I'll admit, mostly the latter." He just figured talking about her work was close enough to the same thing.

"You positively sure? I mean, she looks exactly the same." Reinholdt says, looking at the differences. Maybe different... but the picture was several years old at the least and things did happen.
Still... hmmm....

FireFox
2013-08-09, 09:43 PM
Callie drinks from her wine, reassessing and gathering her thoughts. ...We should find somewhere more private to talk.

Let's just go, Reinholdt... She frowns at the elf.

Mee
2013-08-09, 10:05 PM
"You positively sure? I mean, she looks exactly the same." Reinholdt says, looking at the differences. Maybe different... but the picture was several years old at the least and things did happen.
Still... hmmm....

Let's just go, Reinholdt... She frowns at the elf.

K makes no answer, nor does he move to stop them.

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 10:13 PM
"If you'd be more comfortable." It's not hard to imagine she's not the type to share much in a public setting. So Reinholdt stands, drops money for drinks and a room and will head upstairs for privacy.

Reinholdt's lips form a thin line as he puts the picture back down with a bit more force than necessary if the surface rattling is any indication. "You know what, I don't think you want her back. You'd rather play up being the victim than get off your ass and do something for your love. If you can even call it that."

He turns to 'Aurea'. "Yes. Let's." He'll head for the window exit.

FireFox
2013-08-09, 10:16 PM
The foxgirl drains her glass, then follows the treasure hunter upstairs.

The woman follows Rein out the window and presumably back down to the main room.

Reinholdt
2013-08-09, 10:25 PM
SWITCHING LEVELS

Reinholdt sits down in a private room with Callie. "This good enough?"

Reinholdt returns downstairs with Aurea then. "So what's the true story?" He asks her as if he already knows the truth and it's just time to fess up.

GrandDM
2013-08-10, 02:24 AM

Finally, something to do with Teddy!

An overweight, spotty man with a ponytail and something about him that screams "NERD!" stands up.

"Where do I go to get a license, and how much is it going to cost me? I'm kind of low on money, so mercenary work would be good, but I'm not sure I could afford the license in the first place."

Felandria
2013-08-10, 02:26 AM
Mag/Fel Table

The cyborg scoots the bag closer to Felandria.

"Nothing? Everything? A monetary bribe, a lovely bouquet of roses, pair of tickets to some thing you like, an unlicensed mercenary contract, a shiny metal glove that lets you punch things really hard? Some other thing, maybe? I'm not sure yet. It's made using the same tech I use to pull things from home out of my pockets. Only works if I reach my hand in, though. S'more symbolic than anything, really."

Magtok shrugs, raising his palms in the air, before setting them back down. He leans forward in his seat, excitement dancing across the corners of his mouth as an idea already begins to take hold.

"You're a beautiful engine of destruction, Felandria, whether you realize it or not. You've more potential than a great many hundred others I've met before, yet near as I can tell, almost all of it is just sitting there, going wasted. I'm not just talking about your powers, either. The quiet dignity that comes with hailing from such a low-tech world, the ties with Olympus, even the way you move, owning your body's unique proportions, instead of shying away in shame of them.

Right now, despite it all, the world barely knows you exist, when it could be gibbering in awe, adoration, or terror with your every step! You could be stomping apart slave rings, slapping heavily-armed airships right out of the sky, influencing the Nexus on a grand political scale beyond your wildest imaginations! But you're not. And I don't fault you for that. Knowing what to do, where to do it, and how? Very difficult stuff. Even the Nexus's most important person has trouble with that sort of thing, as evidenced by my current crisis.

I'd be willing to guide you, though. For a price, I could help you to become anything you can imagine. Representative of some fantastic new faction on the Council of Inside. Actress of incomparable renown. The new head of Olympus. The Nexus's first Superheroine For Hire. All of these things, none of them, whatever you so choose. The world needs to be woken, Felandria; it needs to be freed of its dreadful stupor, and you're just the woman qualified to shake it up. Your father's name is hurting right now, the respect it once commanded stripped to a mere shadow of its former self. Help me help you bring it back."

Felandria lets out a trembling sigh.

Damn you.

I see how you've gotten where you are.

I told myself I wouldn't let you sweet talk me, but damned if you don't know the exact thing to say.

I have no intention of being any sort of conqueror, but the idea of power, being worshipped, beloved, adored.

That I like.

The notion of living up to my fathers name, being like him, living up to the legacy of the Olympians, I think about it constantly.

But why would you want to help me, you should know I have no intention of being corrupted.

Morty
2013-08-10, 08:58 AM
"I would be more than happy to offer both. On top of that, the DFI is a peaceful building, so I can offer that they'll be protected for as long as they're here.

As self-centered and greedy as it sounds, I am trying to run an inn, and can't afford to be giving out that amount of space and drink for free. Much as I hate to ask, I need to: What's it worth to you?"

Finally, something to do with Teddy!

An overweight, spotty man with a ponytail and something about him that screams "NERD!" stands up.

"Where do I go to get a license, and how much is it going to cost me? I'm kind of low on money, so mercenary work would be good, but I'm not sure I could afford the license in the first place."

Dipsnig smiles slightly. Excusing oneself for being self-centered and greedy when talking to him of all people is somewhat strange.

"Obviously, I'm not going to demand you give out those discounts for free. I'm willing to compensate you for your loss of profits. And maybe toss in something extra if you're willing to advertise for us a little bit," he says.

And then someone else speaks up. Much as he hates being interrupted like that, Dipsnig can't pass up an opportunity to advertise his campaign some more.

"You can get a license in our base or our offices in Inside and Riverside. There's no initial payment, but you do need to agree to give us a cut of your profits and abide by our rules."

Lord Magtok
2013-08-10, 11:44 AM
Mag/Fel Table

Magtok shakes his head. "Felandria, despite appearances, I'm not just another Duke Evilface McBadGuy. I don't prattle on about eating puppies and converting the collective misery of the world into a giant magical laser beam. You don't need to go dark side to work with me, nor do I score any sort of bonus points for converting you. I don't-"

The cyborg stops, glances around the room, and frowns. Dipsnig, Reinholdt, Felandria, Marciano...all of them come here for drinks, apparently. The Inn is where all of his enemies just coincidentally meet up all of the time. Ick.

"I don't think this meeting is quite so private anymore."

A change in venue might be appropriate, but then they'd lose out on the nonviolence properties provided by the DFI, wouldn't they?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-10, 11:58 AM
Mist says quietly to Mag,
Doesn't look like it, sir. You can use the rooms upstairs if you'd like. They're much less public.

Mist is fully aware that him speaking up proves Mag's point.

GrandDM
2013-08-10, 12:29 PM
And then someone else speaks up. Much as he hates being interrupted like that, Dipsnig can't pass up an opportunity to advertise his campaign some more.

"You can get a license in our base or our offices in Inside and Riverside. There's no initial payment, but you do need to agree to give us a cut of your profits and abide by our rules."

"Thank you."

He leaves.

Just outdoors

Well, that is... less than ideal. Still, this still-unnamed wizard is quite skilled at manipulating magic energy. He or she quickly cries out a sibilant word in some arcane language, attempting to diffuse the energy in question.

The attempt is successful. The Grey Knight collapses to his knees, a bit drained by the magic. After a few seconds, he stands again and moves over to the wizard.

"Thank you."

He kneels.

"As promised, I pledge my service for the duration of my stay in the Nexus. However, I would appreciate it if I could have my sword back - I can probably wield it more effectively than you, and it is my only melee weapon."

Mee
2013-08-10, 02:53 PM
Dipsnig smiles slightly. Excusing oneself for being self-centered and greedy when talking to him of all people is somewhat strange.

"Obviously, I'm not going to demand you give out those discounts for free. I'm willing to compensate you for your loss of profits. And maybe toss in something extra if you're willing to advertise for us a little bit," he says.

"I can offer to send anyone asking me for work your way, should you want." Naku offers for the advertisement bit.

Morty
2013-08-10, 03:05 PM
"That would be appreciated," Dipsnig says. "Do we have a deal, then?"

FireFox
2013-08-10, 06:53 PM
SWITCHING LEVELS

Reinholdt sits down in a private room with Callie. "This good enough?"

Reinholdt returns downstairs with Aurea then. "So what's the true story?" He asks her as if he already knows the truth and it's just time to fess up.

Callie remains standing. Yeah. So what was your question again?

Aurea hesitates. It... It must be a matter of different realities. Surely he was married to an alternate me. Such a thing is not unheard of here is it?

The attempt is successful. The Grey Knight collapses to his knees, a bit drained by the magic. After a few seconds, he stands again and moves over to the wizard.

"Thank you."

He kneels.

"As promised, I pledge my service for the duration of my stay in the Nexus. However, I would appreciate it if I could have my sword back - I can probably wield it more effectively than you, and it is my only melee weapon."

The spellcaster looks rather disconcerted at this turn of events. I am but a simple diviner. I really have no need for a bodyguard...

Mee
2013-08-10, 06:54 PM
"That would be appreciated," Dipsnig says. "Do we have a deal, then?"

"I suppose that we do. However, I am going to take your . . . employees? Mercs? On a case by case basis. If one of them is continually causing problems, I will ask them to leave."

Felandria
2013-08-10, 07:51 PM
Mag/Fel Table

Magtok shakes his head. "Felandria, despite appearances, I'm not just another Duke Evilface McBadGuy. I don't prattle on about eating puppies and converting the collective misery of the world into a giant magical laser beam. You don't need to go dark side to work with me, nor do I score any sort of bonus points for converting you. I don't-"

The cyborg stops, glances around the room, and frowns. Dipsnig, Reinholdt, Felandria, Marciano...all of them come here for drinks, apparently. The Inn is where all of his enemies just coincidentally meet up all of the time. Ick.

"I don't think this meeting is quite so private anymore."

A change in venue might be appropriate, but then they'd lose out on the nonviolence properties provided by the DFI, wouldn't they?

Well, it depends on how much Magtok trusts Felandria.

We could continue the discussion in my home, as long as you don't mind me taking certain precautions.

Reinholdt
2013-08-10, 08:00 PM
"Oh. I thought you had. Um, Miss Cerise was a Lunar Exalt who used to live at GLoG," Jamie explains with a smile. "She was nice."

"Another Exalt. Huh."

Callie remains standing. Yeah. So what was your question again?

Aurea hesitates. It... It must be a matter of different realities. Surely he was married to an alternate me. Such a thing is not unheard of here is it?

"You were talking about your magic training, what brainwashing was going on, and what you like to do on Friday nights."

"I think he wouldn't have dismissed you out of hand like that if that were true." Reinholdt says with an internal shrug.

Morcleon
2013-08-10, 09:48 PM
"Another Exalt. Huh."

Cerise blinks. "Hm? What's an Exalt?"

The Bushranger
2013-08-10, 10:13 PM
"Um, they're people from another plane who have, like, bits of divine essence fused to their souls that give them special powers," Jamie explains. "Also boosted appearance scores. Miss Cerise was nice. You're nice too!"

And she still wishes she was as pretty as Irene.

GrandDM
2013-08-11, 03:39 AM
turn of events. I am but a simple diviner. I really have no need for a bodyguard...

"And yet you have the power to cast a teleportation spell, outside of your main discipline, that can propel a being across dimensions. You have far more power than you realise. You even have the makings of a powerful psyker - that is, the mages of my universe - if you will consent to me teaching you. As far as I can tell, if one has psychic power, one can be a mage, and vice versa. So: in exchange for you tutoring me in magic, I will guard you and, as far as I am able, make you a psyker."

Lord Magtok
2013-08-11, 09:19 AM
Felandriatok Table

Mist says quietly to Mag,
Doesn't look like it, sir. You can use the rooms upstairs if you'd like. They're much less public.

Mist is fully aware that him speaking up proves Mag's point.

Well, it depends on how much Magtok trusts Felandria.

We could continue the discussion in my home, as long as you don't mind me taking certain precautions.

"Mister Waiter Guy Person! A room upstairs, on the first date?! Just what kind of girl do you take me for?!" Magtok gasps, feigning shock and outrage, exaggerated to the point that he couldn't possibly be anything but facetious right now. He's got a whole bunch of people around who are almost certainly listening in on his every word, he might as well have a little fun at their expense.

"A room upstairs on the first date. In the first hour of the first date! Don't think I'm unaware as to what goes on in those inn, tavern, and pub rooms, either! You presume entirely too much, humble provider of wine and spirits! Good day!"

Joking or not, looks like Magtok's getting up and leaving for real, and attempts to take Felandria by the hand as he makes his needlessly dramatic exit. That's it for these two, then. Oh well, at least Magtok's left a pretty huge tip on the table. A suspiciously large tip that sort of secret apology for making a scene, before accepting the invitation to Felandria's house.

Y'know, thinking about it, going straight to her place has all the same implications a room upstairs would, doesn't it? The only real reason why Magtok wouldn't accept an offer like that is if he was being incredibly petty towards Mist, had some reason to believe privacy would still be impossible, or else was afraid of going up those stairs. What sort of horrible secret could possibly justify a phobia like that, though?

Zefir
2013-08-11, 09:43 AM
Well, a nice show Magtok gives there. But one listener doesn't seem impressed by it or bluffed. Vutha waits a moment, talking to her master in mind, then she stands up and starts following the pair. She is quiet not good at that so magtok will soon be able to notice her. She will leave some coins which should do the bill.

LOTRfan
2013-08-11, 09:43 AM
Through the front door, two people are making their way through the front door. The first seems similar to a human male with black, standing about 6'3. He is wearing very heavy clothing, wearing a large coat and ill-fitting pants, though he isn't wearing any shoes. As he moves by a window, he skin sparkles a bit with an odd pale light.

A 5'7 woman walks in very quickly behind him. She is quite elf-like in appearance, though her lips have a (very subtle) green tinge to them. She's wearing a long, light blue jacket, and unlike the man she is indeed wearing boots. There is an odd looking insignia attached to her coat, as well.

The pair walk in, their faces more or less expressionless with the exception of their eyes, which seem to be studying the room and the people within. Both take their seats, though shortly thereafter the woman gets up and goes to order two apple ciders, fresh bread, and roasted quail. In the meantime, the man looks around the inn.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-11, 10:08 AM
Actually, Mist thought that was pretty funny. To actually annoy him you'd have to break the No Violence rule, make fun of his name ("Mist is totally masculine!"), or...be one of Hatter's characters. As it is, all he does is shrug and say,
Whatever you identify as. Have a nice night, girls.
then pockets the tip as he goes to deliver the order to the new pair.

LOTRfan
2013-08-11, 10:24 AM
As the food is being delivered, the man remarks that the food came rather quickly. The woman thanks Mist as she puts on thin grey gloves before picking up the bread.

Before Mist can leave, however, the man looks up and asks "Excuse me, sir, but would this establishment happen to serve any gespar fruit? Normally I wouldn't ask, but we are celebrating very important maters tonight."

You know, for people who are out celebrating, they don't seem very... excited.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-11, 10:43 AM
Mist's ears flick for a moment.
Uh, sorry sir. I don't know what that is, so it's unlikely that we carry it. It might be in the fridge if it's common somewhere. Is it?

LOTRfan
2013-08-11, 10:51 AM
"It's very common on my homeworld, Vulcan." The woman adds, after finishing a small bite of the bread. "It looks similar to a pineapple, and has a very tangy flavor, if that helps."

"If you do not have any, do not fret. This food is more than sufficient."

Reinholdt
2013-08-11, 11:02 AM
Cerise blinks. "Hm? What's an Exalt?"

"Um, they're people from another plane who have, like, bits of divine essence fused to their souls that give them special powers," Jamie explains. "Also boosted appearance scores. Miss Cerise was nice. You're nice too!"

"Basically chosen by more powerful beings to fight amongst each other and live much shortened lives filled with hate and bloodshed as a result. The people chosen have no say in the matter, of course, forced to live out lives someone else picked for them." Irene is not fond of the Exalt concept, even if individual Exalted people are fine.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-11, 11:23 AM
"It's very common on my homeworld, Vulcan." The woman adds, after finishing a small bite of the bread. "It looks similar to a pineapple, and has a very tangy flavor, if that helps."

"If you do not have any, do not fret. This food is more than sufficient."

"Yeah, I'm afraid I don't remember seeing anything like that recently. Please ask if I can get you anything else," says Mist with a vulpine smile.

LOTRfan
2013-08-11, 11:31 AM
"That will not be necessary," the woman replies, the smile not being returned. "Thank you for the meal."

They tip Mist considerably, however, and then go back to eating in silence.

Morty
2013-08-11, 01:38 PM
"I suppose that we do. However, I am going to take your . . . employees? Mercs? On a case by case basis. If one of them is continually causing problems, I will ask them to leave."

"Yes, of course. If any of our license holders misbehaves here, report them to us, and they'll be reprimanded. We do hold them to certain standards, you know," Dipsnig says with a nod, then extends his hand to shake.

Morcleon
2013-08-11, 01:54 PM

"Basically chosen by more powerful beings to fight amongst each other and live much shortened lives filled with hate and bloodshed as a result. The people chosen have no say in the matter, of course, forced to live out lives someone else picked for them." Irene is not fond of the Exalt concept, even if individual Exalted people are fine.

Cerise giggles at Jamie. "Thanks..."

"So basically they're just pawns of other creatures?" She sighs. "That's stupid. If those other beings are so powerful, why don't they do the fighting themselves?"

Mee
2013-08-11, 11:25 PM
"Yes, of course. If any of our license holders misbehaves here, report them to us, and they'll be reprimanded. We do hold them to certain standards, you know," Dipsnig says with a nod, then extends his hand to shake.

"Then I suppose we have an agreement." Naku says, somewhat hesitantly shaking his hand.

The Bushranger
2013-08-11, 11:43 PM

"So basically they're just pawns of other creatures?" She sighs. "That's stupid. If those other beings are so powerful, why don't they do the fighting themselves?"

"Um, they actually get much longer lives," Jamie corrects irene! "And Exalts are actually more powerful than the gods in their world. But not the Incarnae who made the Exaltations. And the reason they needed the Exalts was because the Primoridals they were fighting against had a loyalty switch, they could have just ordered the Incarnae to surrender. So, Exalts."

Jamie must have practiced this at some point.

Felandria
2013-08-12, 06:15 AM
Felandriatok Table

"Mister Waiter Guy Person! A room upstairs, on the first date?! Just what kind of girl do you take me for?!" Magtok gasps, feigning shock and outrage, exaggerated to the point that he couldn't possibly be anything but facetious right now. He's got a whole bunch of people around who are almost certainly listening in on his every word, he might as well have a little fun at their expense.

"A room upstairs on the first date. In the first hour of the first date! Don't think I'm unaware as to what goes on in those inn, tavern, and pub rooms, either! You presume entirely too much, humble provider of wine and spirits! Good day!"

Joking or not, looks like Magtok's getting up and leaving for real, and attempts to take Felandria by the hand as he makes his needlessly dramatic exit. That's it for these two, then. Oh well, at least Magtok's left a pretty huge tip on the table. A suspiciously large tip that sort of secret apology for making a scene, before accepting the invitation to Felandria's house.

Y'know, thinking about it, going straight to her place has all the same implications a room upstairs would, doesn't it? The only real reason why Magtok wouldn't accept an offer like that is if he was being incredibly petty towards Mist, had some reason to believe privacy would still be impossible, or else was afraid of going up those stairs. What sort of horrible secret could possibly justify a phobia like that, though?

Felandria allows Mgtok to take her hand as they exit, not particularly caring about appearances, especially since it makes Magtok look not unlike a toddler walking with his mother.

And they head to her house in Home.

Morty
2013-08-12, 12:28 PM
"Then I suppose we have an agreement." Naku says, somewhat hesitantly shaking his hand.

"Very well then, pleasure doing business with you. I think I'll stick around for a few drinks while I'm here," Dipsnig says and, unless stopped, he'll head for the bar. His wolf yawns and follows him.

Reinholdt
2013-08-12, 12:40 PM

"Um, they actually get much longer lives," Jamie corrects irene! "And Exalts are actually more powerful than the gods in their world. But not the Incarnae who made the Exaltations. And the reason they needed the Exalts was because the Primoridals they were fighting against had a loyalty switch, they could have just ordered the Incarnae to surrender. So, Exalts."

"Yeah, lives spent hunting each other down and killing each other, dancing to the whims of greater beings. That's no life at all." Irene insists. "Of course, after they beat the Primordials, their purpose complete, the quote Incarnae kept them around because they're too much cowards to actually risk their own power in a fight. Make no mistake Cerise, Exalt exist purely to keep the 'Incarnae' in power."

Lord Magtok
2013-08-12, 12:47 PM
Felandria allows Mgtok to take her hand as they exit, not particularly caring about appearances, especially since it makes Magtok look not unlike a toddler walking with his mother.

And they head to her house in Home.

Magtok glances back, spots Vultha tailing them, and then decides to teleport out with Felandria instead. Dear lord, these spies are terrible at their job.

Zefir
2013-08-12, 12:49 PM
Vutha will still go outside and search for them. At least it shouldn't be that hard to find a giant in the streets right?

Morcleon
2013-08-13, 01:15 PM

"Yeah, lives spent hunting each other down and killing each other, dancing to the whims of greater beings. That's no life at all." Irene insists. "Of course, after they beat the Primordials, their purpose complete, the quote Incarnae kept them around because they're too much cowards to actually risk their own power in a fight. Make no mistake Cerise, Exalt exist purely to keep the 'Incarnae' in power."

"...so how would a loyalty switch for the Incarnate work?" Cerise looks at Jamie curiously. "I mean, if they can create Exalts to fight the Primordials, why can't they just reprogram themselves to not be affected by the loyalty switch?"

FireFox
2013-08-15, 06:38 PM
"You were talking about your magic training, what brainwashing was going on, and what you like to do on Friday nights."

"I think he wouldn't have dismissed you out of hand like that if that were true." Reinholdt says with an internal shrug.

Right, right... I train until I get better at both of my magics. That's all there is to it. We've got someone tucked away that the Boss is brainwashing to do something for us. And I don't have anything in particular I like to do on Friday nights. Callie crosses her arms and stares at him.

I believe I told you that anyone who waits in one room for two years is likely to be insane. You cannot attempt to apply logic to his actions. Are we quite finished with this fool's errand of yours, Reinholdt? Aurea blusters.

"And yet you have the power to cast a teleportation spell, outside of your main discipline, that can propel a being across dimensions. You have far more power than you realise. You even have the makings of a powerful psyker - that is, the mages of my universe - if you will consent to me teaching you. As far as I can tell, if one has psychic power, one can be a mage, and vice versa. So: in exchange for you tutoring me in magic, I will guard you and, as far as I am able, make you a psyker."

A most generous offer, sir, but I go my own way. The wizard bows extravagantly yet sincerely. How about you owe me a favor, to be called on when I am in need?

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 06:45 PM
Well that was highly evasive. And now she even looks a bit mad. Yeesh. "Well then, do you want to go out on a date Friday?"

"... Yes. We're done. Sorry for wasting your time." Reinholdt doesn't know why Aurea's blustering. And disagrees that you can't apply logic to such a man! If Reinholdt can understand his own logic for doing things, he can understand anyone's! Hmph!

FireFox
2013-08-15, 06:58 PM
It's hard to tell how much information to give away when you're sitting on a few secrets that the person you're talking to either will have no problem with or want to kill you over. Believe it or not, but some people actually feel intimidated by Reinholdt. :smalltongue:
... Yeah, sure, why not? The foxgirl rubs her temples, but smiles.

The golden-haired woman turns around and starts heading back to HALO.

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 07:04 PM
You're right. I don't believe it. :smalltongue:

"I considered suggesting having one now if you wanted, but didn't want to push it. Headache?"

FireFox
2013-08-15, 07:21 PM
Yeah. And I thought dealing with Reynard was nerve-wracking. She gives him a teasing look, then walks over to sit on the bed.

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 07:30 PM
"Hah! Really? I didn't know I was that scary. Is it the eyes? It's the eyes, right?" Those pupil-less things are so alien.

FireFox
2013-08-15, 07:34 PM
No, it's not the eyes. Callie rolls hers. Any other questions?

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 07:35 PM
"Oh. Ok. No, not really." Reinholdt has no further questions for her as he glances down in thought.

FireFox
2013-08-15, 07:41 PM
Now that's a surprise, you curious cat. The foxgirl giggles and stretches out, starting to relax.

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 07:44 PM
"Hey, it's not easy to be the one asking all the questions you know." I've had so many IC conversations become very tiring because of it.

He looks her over closely as she stretches. "So what would you be interested in doing?" I'm sure he means on Friday.

FireFox
2013-08-15, 08:02 PM
Callie starts thinking it over. What did you have in mind when you asked?

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 08:05 PM
That's not the type of counter questions Reinholdt meant. =x

Rein sighs and lies back in bed, facing the ceiling. "I honestly have no idea. Dinner and a movie maybe? That seems just... a little dull for Extraordinaires like us."

FireFox
2013-08-15, 08:15 PM
Only a little? Hmm... I'd be up for hunting some treasure. Or messing with an enemy. Anything with a thrill, really.

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 08:18 PM
"Gotta have a thrill, huh?"

There's no treasure to hunt at the moment that Rein knows of!
"What constitutes our enemies?"

FireFox
2013-08-15, 08:27 PM
I guess you must have been too busy ogling me to hear when I said I've been bored the past few weeks. Technically she just said she had a lot of downtime, but she's probably joking anyways. Well... Jeez, Rein, you'd have an easier time making a list of people who aren't enemies of one of us. Say, why don't we mess with HALO somehow?

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 08:30 PM
"I don't know what you're talking about." >>
Reinholdt says, blushing.

"HALO? I guess we could..." He sounds a little uncertain. "Nothing too serious." He doesn't want to get thrown out of that place just yet.

FireFox
2013-08-15, 08:39 PM
Callie shrugs and lies down next to him. I could always disguise you with my magic. And I didn't have anything serious in mind. Just some theft and vandalism. Maybe a fun little scuffle with some of the people I know. Unless you had any better ideas?

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 08:42 PM
"I can definitely get behind theft. I was admittedly thinking of infecting their pool water supply. Maybe with some sort of hair growth potion or something ridiculous like that."

FireFox
2013-08-15, 08:48 PM
Ooh, that's a good idea... I'll figure out what we can steal if you handle the pranking part. Where should we meet on Friday?

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 08:53 PM
"Black Dragon's Den is practically empty nowadays. It'd make a good enough meeting place." Reinholdt suggests.

FireFox
2013-08-15, 08:57 PM
All right. It's a date. The foxgirl turns her head to smile at him.

Reinholdt
2013-08-15, 08:59 PM
Reinholdt smiles back at her warmly. "I'm glad." Before he leans in to try and steal a kiss.

Bloody thieves. Can't trust them.

LOTRfan
2013-08-15, 11:42 PM
The couple at the table finish their meals. The woman wipes her mouth with a napkin and removes the gloves she put on to handle the food. The man puts his jacket back on, using it to cover as much of their body as possible. As they head out the door, the sparkling man nods in Mist's general direction, though both he and his Vulcan companion have expressionless faces as they move towards the exit.

The Bushranger
2013-08-16, 12:24 AM

"...so how would a loyalty switch for the Incarnate work?" Cerise looks at Jamie curiously. "I mean, if they can create Exalts to fight the Primordials, why can't they just reprogram themselves to not be affected by the loyalty switch?"

"Um, from what I've heard the Incarnae don't do anything but play games all day long, they don't do anything at all pro or con to the Exalts." They also have hookers and blow to go with their blackjack, but Jamie wasn't told that! "And, um, I'm not really up on all the metaphysics. Just that they couldn't alter themselves so they wouldn't say 'how high' when the Primorials said 'jump', so they had a friendly Primoridial design the Exalations for them."

Zefir
2013-08-16, 09:54 AM
Vutha returns soon after she went out. she didn't succed in her task and so she appears a it sad.

Mee
2013-08-16, 12:09 PM
"Hey, Mist," Naku says to him, kneeling down to pull something out from under the bar.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 12:11 PM
What is it, boss? Mist asks, doing his best to avoid the horrifying predator wolf mount.

Mee
2013-08-16, 12:14 PM
What is it, boss? Mist asks, doing his best to avoid the horrifying predator wolf mount.

"I have to take off for a few weeks." Naku admits, standing back up after pulling out a few weapon sized boxes from under the bar.
"So you're in charge. Is that all right with you?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 12:19 PM
Oh, uh, sure. What are you going out for?

Mee
2013-08-16, 12:23 PM
Oh, uh, sure. What are you going out for?

"I suppose I have some time," Naku admits, placing the weapon boxes onto the bar. "I'm going home. I've got some hunting to do."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 12:28 PM
Mist decides not to question if it's hunting or "hunting."
"Well, just come back in one piece. I'll do my best to keep the place from burning down. Do people know or should I expect to be telling folks?"

Mee
2013-08-16, 12:33 PM
Mist decides not to question if it's hunting or "hunting."
"Well, just come back in one piece. I'll do my best to keep the place from burning down. Do people know or should I expect to be telling folks?"

Which is probably very, very wise.
"That's the plan. I would appreciate you doing that." Though at the last bit, Naku frowns slightly, thinking. "I don't thiiiink so? But I trust you - which is why I''m leaving you in charge - so if something does crop up, use your own judgement. You know the rules, and I'll support you completely when I get back."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 12:45 PM
Admittedly, the question was really just to see if he'd have to be giving bad news to her totally-not-boyfriend.
You got it, boss. Stay safe.

Mee
2013-08-16, 12:53 PM
Admittedly, the question was really just to see if he'd have to be giving bad news to her totally-not-boyfriend.
You got it, boss. Stay safe.

Well, if Naku had more time, she'd tell everyone, but she has to leave soon. And by she needs to, it means her player is going on vacation for a few weeks starting tomorrow and forgot to let people know beforehand.
Whoops. >_>; (http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2013/225/d/3/silly_me_by_mikadolegaste-d6i0zcc.jpg)
"I worry more about you. You're going to have to deal with the hordes of people demanding drinks and causing chaos on your own." Naku jokes lightly, trying to mentally prepare herself for going home.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 12:56 PM
Well, it's a good thing Mist had Naku teach him how to mix drinks while he was giving her those lock picking lessons. Yeah. That happened :smallredface:
Oh, please, Naku. It's not as if you just made a massive business decision which will catapult business past its normal slow self.

Mee
2013-08-16, 12:59 PM
Well, it's a good thing Mist had Naku teach him how to mix drinks while he was giving her those lock picking lessons. Yeah. That happened :smallredface:
Oh, please, Naku. It's not as if you just made a massive business decision which will catapult business past its normal slow self.

Absolutely it happened. Totally. Plus, there's a convenient sheet under the bar saying what drinks get mixed to make what. She totally doesn't still reference that.
"See, that's actually my entire plan. All along. Yup. Let you be in charge, let people see that it's all new and shiny, and more business."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 01:06 PM
Truly your evil knows no bounds. I shall never recover from this betrayal in which I get to hoard the whole place's tip money without actually doing much more than I already do anyway! he says, covering his eyes with a hand in horror.

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:08 PM
Truly your evil knows no bounds. I shall never recover from this betrayal in which I get to hoard the whole place's tip money without actually doing much more than I already do anyway! he says, covering his eyes with a hand in horror.

Naku blinks, obviously taken aback by something.
". . . you get tip money?" She asks, incredulous.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 01:17 PM
Mist quirks an eyebrow.
You don't?

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:18 PM
Mist quirks an eyebrow.
You don't?

"Nope. Sometimes before people see either that I'm the one getting the drinks, or the fangs, people try to get me drinks, but that's the extent of it."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 01:21 PM
Oh, maybe it's just more of a custom for waiters? I don't really know, it doesn't happen all the time.

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:24 PM
Oh, maybe it's just more of a custom for waiters? I don't really know, it doesn't happen all the time.

Naku just shrugs. "Iunno. Maybe it's the fangs. Either way, when I get back, lemme know if you got any, ne?" She asks, grinning a half-grin at him.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 01:31 PM
I have fangs too, you know. with all his pointy fox teeth Mist's fuzziness is probably the only thing keeping his smile from being downright creepy.
Will do. Good luck.

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:33 PM
I have fangs too, you know. with all his pointy fox teeth Mist's fuzziness is probably the only thing keeping his smile from being downright creepy.
Will do. Good luck.

"Yeah, but yours are more adorable, whereas mine were designed to haunt people's dreams.

Thanks, and you too." With that, she picks the boxes back up, and heads upstairs somewhat reluctantly.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 01:37 PM
Reinholdt smiles back at her warmly. "I'm glad." Before he leans in to try and steal a kiss.

Bloody thieves. Can't trust them.

Callie allows him to get away with it. Or was too surprised to stop it. Either way, she smirks in approval and tries to return the kiss.

A plotclone of Callie appears upstairs to talk to Naku. Going somewhere?

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:38 PM
A plotclone of Callie appears upstairs to talk to Naku. Going somewhere?

"Home for a few weeks." Naku says, making it to the top of the stairs.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 01:40 PM
Hmm... I had hoped to talk a little business with you, but I guess that can wait. By which she means she'll just figure out whoever is running the place while Naku is gone and try to get what she wants from them. Still, I owe you something for saving me, remember?

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:43 PM
Hmm... I had hoped to talk a little business with you, but I guess that can wait. By which she means she'll just figure out whoever is running the place while Naku is gone and try to get what she wants from them. Still, I owe you something for saving me, remember?

"I," Naku started to say she didn't remember, but then she suddenly did remember. "Oh yeah. I did save you. What do you have in mind?"

FireFox
2013-08-16, 01:58 PM
I have a pretty powerful colleague who could lay down a permanent spell that would prevent anyone from fighting here. I know you can end any fights yourself, but there's always the risk of someone innocent getting hurt at the beginning of a fight.

Mee
2013-08-16, 01:59 PM
I have a pretty powerful colleague who could lay down a permanent spell that would prevent anyone from fighting here. I know you can end any fights yourself, but there's always the risk of someone innocent getting hurt at the beginning of a fight.

"That actually would be great, and I would really appreciate that. Thank you." Naku says, shifting the boxes from one side of her hips to the other.

Reinholdt
2013-08-16, 04:29 PM
Callie allows him to get away with it. Or was too surprised to stop it. Either way, she smirks in approval and tries to return the kiss.

Smirking while kissing must be hard!

But if she's going to return the favor, Reinholdt will go to wrap his arms around her and turn it into a full-on make-out session.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 08:18 PM
I'll make sure it happens then. Callie steps forward. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Callie has no issues making out with Reinholdt for awhile!

Mee
2013-08-16, 08:19 PM
I'll make sure it happens then. Callie steps forward. Is there anything else I can do for you?

"Iiiii don't think so. Thank you for the offer, though." At this point, Naku's made it to the door of her room, which is where she's planning to leave from.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 08:49 PM
The foxgirl continues to approach the vampire until she's close enough to try to kiss her.

Mee
2013-08-16, 08:51 PM
The foxgirl continues to approach the vampire until she's close enough to try to kiss her.

Naku blinks at the kiss a few times, and ends up dropping the boxes she's carrying.

Though she doesn't seem to mind, as she kisses back tentatively.

Reinholdt
2013-08-16, 08:52 PM
Man, kissing someone else and you aren't even done with Rein? Something else there Callie. :smalltongue:

Unless Callie shows interest in anything more, Reinholdt will keep things at make-outs for a while. A good long while, but still.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 08:55 PM
If you'll be gone for a few weeks, I might never see you again. And that would be a shame. Callie winks and presses against the other woman.

You can really tell she's Angela's daughter, I guess. :smalltongue:

After that good, long while, Callie sits up. Mmmm...

Mee
2013-08-16, 08:58 PM
If you'll be gone for a few weeks, I might never see you again. And that would be a shame. Callie winks and presses against the other woman.

"That . . . that would be a shame, yes." Naku agrees, blinking a few more times as completely new emotions start ripping through her brain.

Reinholdt
2013-08-16, 09:01 PM
Reinholdt lets out a long breath. "So... yeah..."

Rein's looking forward to that date now more than ever. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2013-08-16, 09:10 PM
Life is short. Let's say goodbye to each other.

It seems like it takes her awhile to get her brain back on track. So, uh... Um. I'll see you on Friday, I guess? It's already Friday, but she still needs to figure out what to heist from HALO.

Reinholdt
2013-08-16, 09:13 PM
*blink blink* "... Right. See you then."

Reinholdt's gotta figure out the pranking in better detail and handwave himself picking up the necessary materials offscreen.

Mee
2013-08-16, 09:23 PM
Life is short. Let's say goodbye to each other.

Naku nods, her brain at war with extremely potent feelings that are as strange and foreign to her as the Nexus itself.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 09:25 PM
The Callie with Rein makes her way out of the inn.

The Callie with Naku tries to push her into her room and close the door behind them, while kissing her again.

Mee
2013-08-16, 09:33 PM
The Callie with Naku tries to push her into her room and close the door behind them, while kissing her again.

They enter, and the door latches shut gently behind them, as Naku's pushed in, very unresisting.

FireFox
2013-08-16, 09:38 PM
The foxgirl firmly pushes the vampire all the way to the bed, then tries to pull the curtain.

Mee
2013-08-16, 09:40 PM
The foxgirl firmly pushes the vampire all the way to the bed, then tries to pull the curtain.

And the curtain goes down!

Devixer
2013-08-17, 06:03 PM
A few days after Naku's left, Aiden heads into the Inn. He sits at the bar and notes Naku's absence, taking it in stride.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-17, 06:38 PM
Hey Aiden what's up? must asks cheerily.

Devixer
2013-08-17, 06:44 PM
"Not much,"Aiden says. "Was gonna ask Naku some questions, but I guess that's not happening."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-17, 07:17 PM
Mist nods. "Yeah, sorry about that. Can I help you with something else?"

Devixer
2013-08-17, 10:16 PM
"Can you let me get behind the bar to make some coffee?" Aiden asks.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-17, 11:12 PM
"Is there a special way to make it or something?"

Devixer
2013-08-17, 11:16 PM
"Not really. Coffee brewing just happens to be one of my few skills that I take pride in," Aiden says with a shrug.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-17, 11:19 PM
Well, if you enjoy it, be my guest. It's not like you're someone I don't trust with basic appliances. Mist says with a shrug.

Devixer
2013-08-17, 11:39 PM
"Thanks," Aiden says before walking behind the bar. He doesn't actually use an electric coffee maker, instead getting a press pot (http://www.peacecoffee.com/_uls/resources/french_press.jpg) and heating some water on the stove. "I've actually been thinking of running a café, to tell the truth. If I can't make it back home, anyway."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-17, 11:47 PM
Ooh, that sounds like a fun idea. Aren't all that many dedicated coffee shops that aren't basic chains or anything, actually.

Devixer
2013-08-17, 11:50 PM
"Like MagBucks?" Aiden groans as he adds the hot water to the press pot, already filled with coffee grounds. "Don't get me started on how awful their coffee is."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-17, 11:56 PM
Mist's tongue lolls out in a "gag me" expression.
There's a reason I almost never drink the stuff in general, and it's not because I think the caffeine might kill me.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 12:16 AM
"Well, if you ever find out that caffeine doesn't kill you, you really should drink a cup of coffee that wasn't made by one of the chains." Aiden lets the coffee brew for a few minutes. "Seriously, none of them know how to make a good cup."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 12:23 AM
Mist shrugs.
That's what I have my human shape for. And like I said, you're preaching to the choir on that one. Yick. Haven't even had any of it here, but it was just as bad back home.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 12:33 AM
"Jeez, maybe I really should open a café," Aiden says, pouring his coffee. "Introduce these people to real coffee."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 12:38 AM
Well, you have my support if you do.
His ears flick, as if something occurred to him.
Didn't you just get your job a few weeks ago? Do you have the money for something like that?

Devixer
2013-08-18, 12:41 AM
"Nope!" Aiden cheerfully announces. "But hey, it sure is nice to dream. And I was going to ask Naku for a loan."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 12:44 AM
Well, I highly doubt she'd say no if you asked. She has a habit of throwing resources at anyone who asks. Any idea what you'd need?

Devixer
2013-08-18, 12:45 AM
"Well, money, for one. And I'd need to find a nice spot where I can build the place, and I'd obviously need a supply line of coffee beans, and it's all probably more expensive than I think it is."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 12:50 AM
Yeah, it sounds like it. I'm not sure where I'd look for any of that stuff. You could always get a few supplies and try selling it around here in your off hours. You know, see if there's any interest in the business.
Mist hasn't a clue if this is a decent business idea. He's an eighteen year old waiter, after all.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 12:52 AM
Aiden's a writer, he doesn't have much of an idea on how to run a business either. "Yeah, or something like that. If I do ever get serious about it, I'd probably have to head to a library and get some books on how businesses work. If there even is a library in the Nexus."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 12:55 AM
There are. For the love of whatever find someplace generic. Phillip Memorial is the only specific one in Inside and it's just downright creepy. Like, really creepy.
You could always find yourself someone who's knowledgeable about that stuff.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 12:57 AM
"Yeah, I'll just find a pile of books somewhere." Aiden shrugs. "I don't know who I'd ask, though."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 01:01 AM
Well, don't you have a boss you're stuck in a room with several hours a day? He seems nice enough, I don't think he'd blame you for wanting something better.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 01:03 AM
"Yeah, guess you're right. It doesn't hurt to learn the basic stuff, anyway. I can learn the specifics of owning a non-chain café at some later point," Aiden says, taking a sip of his coffee.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 01:11 AM
Yeah, they seem pretty uncommon so it's hard to say who to ask. Maybe Naku can help when you get back. he says, cleaning out another glass.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 01:12 AM
"How long will Naku be gone, anyway?" Aiden asks.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 01:19 AM
Couple of weeks, she said. Couple of weeks and left the fox in charge of all people. It's...a lot to deal with. he says, making his minimal but present stress rather obvious.

Devixer
2013-08-18, 01:20 AM
Aiden taps the counter for a few moments. "Well, I still have work, but I'll help you however I can. Just need to make a couple of calls."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 01:25 AM
Mist shakes his head.
Don't worry about me too much. Business isn't too fast or anything, I'm just not used to keeping a whole place running, you know?

Devixer
2013-08-18, 01:34 AM
"No, I get it. Just let me know if you need an extra pair of hands, I'm here whenever I've got the time anyway." Aiden takes another sip of coffee.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-18, 01:38 AM
Alright, will do. Thanks, Aiden.
Mist can't really smile without his human lips, but it's pretty clear he's doing his best.

Beans
2013-08-20, 03:04 PM
The door opens and in walks a lady showing quite a bit of leg.
Eight of them.
She's got a giant scorpion lower half. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15744713&postcount=862)
Scuttling in, she moves aside and holds the door open for someone coming behind her, because even if you have a scorpybutt you still have to be polite.

Devixer
2013-08-20, 10:39 PM
"Not a problem. I'm here often enough anyway that I can probably help a little bit."

And then a scorpion-lady. Aiden stares a little bit, but this kind of thing mostly doesn't faze him anymore.

McBish
2013-08-23, 11:34 AM
Amelia comes in early one morning after an apparently long night out. Looking completly beat and maybe a little drunk/hungover. She looks up towards the stairs and then back down at her watch. With a sigh she flops into a spot at the bar and puts her head down closing her eyes for a few seconds.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-23, 11:36 AM
"Hi Amelia. What's up?" Mist asks, presumably at a time other than when he's waiting for a pair of animal ladies to finish coming through the door.

McBish
2013-08-23, 11:58 AM
Amelia lets out a small sigh as she opens her eyes back up to look at Mist. "A night that went way too long and apparetnly doesn't want to quit. Well that and a few to many drinks. How are you doing?" She sits up rolling her head to stretch out her neck.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-23, 12:56 PM
"Ouch. I'm doing fine. Running the place while Naku's away, it's not really busy enough for it to be a problem, though."

McBish
2013-08-23, 01:36 PM
"Well you have always done a great job when helping me. So I am sure that you will do a great job at this as well." She says with a smile. "I bet the job keeps you out of trouble."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-23, 01:47 PM
Mist scratches his chin.
"Well, I guess you could say that. I do get out a bit, but I haven't exactly run into any problems since I started. I barely did before, either."

McBish
2013-08-23, 02:08 PM
Woods

"That must be nice." Amelia replies in a tone that shows she obviously gets into trouble more then her fai share. "What did you do before you came to work here?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-23, 02:23 PM
"Live quietly in my homeworld, and then scavenge after that stopped." he answers quietly.

McBish
2013-08-23, 02:44 PM
"Oh." Sensing that she is about to touch on a sensitive topic she absent-mindedly picks up a menu scanning it over. Her stomach turns at the thought of food and she sets it aside. She may be curious about Mist's past but isn't going to drag up any unpleasant memories he might have to sate her curiosity.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-23, 02:55 PM
Mist shrugs.
"It's okay. I've gotten over it. Took me longer to get used to the tail than the world. But I'm fine now. Free housing, and the place is fine, even if everyone's at least mildly insane."

FireFox
2013-08-23, 08:26 PM
That androgynous diviner is still here. He or she is just hanging around by the tables.

Ally, a young woman with shoulder length red hair, strolls in and sits at the bar.

McBish
2013-08-24, 12:09 PM
Amelia makes a slight jealous face at the mention of free housing. "Hey I'm not insane. I just live a crazy life." She grins sitting up a bit more. "I don't suppose you could get me some hash-browns. Nice and gressy would be great."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-24, 12:13 PM
Sure thing. Mist says, moving to Ally before he heads to the kitchen.
And can I get you anything, Miss?

FireFox
2013-08-24, 02:43 PM
A mug of ale. To start. She has the weary tone of someone resigned to a long night of drinking.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-24, 02:47 PM
Mist fills up a mug for her and passes it over before sending the hash-brown order to the kitchen.

FireFox
2013-08-24, 06:30 PM
Ally sips from the mug and casually looks around the room.

McBish
2013-08-24, 09:07 PM
Ally should spot a tired looking Amelia sitting at the bar. It looks like someone already had a long night/day/time of drinking ad is looking to recover now. Also if Ally is the type to go to the knife fights at the Black Dragon Inn she might recgonize Amelia as a frequent fighter there.

Amelia for her part puts her head back down on the bar as Mist heads to get other orders and what not.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-25, 03:46 PM
At this point Mist should deliver the hash browns to Amelia and take his place again at the bar.

Devixer
2013-08-25, 05:39 PM
Aiden's brewed himself another cup of coffee, and is sitting at a table, taking the occasional sip while writing in a notebook.

Lady Serpentine
2013-08-27, 02:56 PM
The door opens and in walks a lady showing quite a bit of leg.
Eight of them.
She's got a giant scorpion lower half. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15744713&postcount=862)
Scuttling in, she moves aside and holds the door open for someone coming behind her, because even if you have a scorpybutt you still have to be polite.

And, most belatedly, in follows her companion... Who seems a bit catty today. At least, if one judges by things like ears, tails, fur, or tiger-striping.

Said tiger-woman examines the place curiously, an eager grin on her face, before hugging her wife, and going to kiss her, purring.

"Nice place you picked..."

Beans
2013-08-27, 03:02 PM
Antarea pats her extremely tigery wife's ears. Why yes, I am the greatest and best at picking places to be at.
She leads her over to a table, sighing as she changes her sizeable scorpy portion to a regular boring butt wearing pants with only one pair of legs in them.
Let's try not to get too entirely smashed, at least not yet.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-27, 03:09 PM
Mist hops over the bar to the couple.
"Evening ladies. How can I help you?"

Beans
2013-08-28, 04:50 PM
Pink gin for me, and...
She glances over at her stripey spouse, half-wondering if she can trust the tigery woman with booze.

Mee
2013-09-02, 10:12 PM
Well! Naku's back!

Unlike last time, when she dropped in from a random hole appearing, she actually shows up outside. In this case, showing up outside is a good thing! Mostly because she has company!

Well. Company actually means a guy lying on his front, screaming about how he'll 'never tell her anything'.
"Well then," Naku says to him, as his bellowing sudden goes completely quiet, "you're useless to me."

What follows after that is a very odd, sickening, cracking and ripping sound. S'probably a good thing she's just out of eyeshot of the people sitting at the windows. She's more around the corner of the building than in front, really.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-02, 10:17 PM
Well, for reasons that aren't exactly important at the moment, Mist was in human shape this time of day, and therefore the sounds are muffled and not enhanced by vulpine hearing. Which lets him continue to polish silverware at the bar and pretend he doesn't hear anything.

Devixer
2013-09-02, 10:19 PM
Aiden's at the bar as well, jotting down stuff in a notebook, sipping his coffee, and completely ignoring any sort of weird noises that might be going on outside. Nothing to see there.

Reinholdt
2013-09-02, 10:22 PM
Reinholdt sips his coffee and tilts his head a little.
"Did anyone hear something that sounded like a scream?"
Anyone? Maybe?

Eh. Probably the voices in his head again. He swears he should talk to some doctors about those.

Mee
2013-09-03, 01:45 PM
Probably best that no one went outside to check, that way Naku had a few minutes to hide the body, clean up a bit before coming back in.

After the previously mentioned few minutes, she walks in through the front door all calm and humming slightly, without a care in the world. Only thing different is that she's wearing a set of lightish metal midriff protector over a set of nearly black clothes, has her sword belted on on her left side, and has her rifle slung across her back.