PDA

View Full Version : Savant (Base Class from Dragon Compendium)

Yogibear41
2013-08-02, 02:12 AM
How would you optimize this thing? Reminds me of a bard in away. Would you say its tier 4?

SolioFebalas
2013-08-02, 05:17 AM
More similar to Factotum which one in Tier 3. Swiss-Army knife class. I played it only once and not so long, but may be useful:
Changelig rogue variant at 1st level or Human with Able Learner and Jack of all Trades feats.

Low combat capabilities without PrC, but since it has a sneack attack, build it around archer (ranged) style + Craven. And obtaining familiar/improved familiar maybe useful.

The Viscount
2013-08-02, 12:43 PM
While Savant is sort of a prototype factotum, it's definitely not as much of a jack of all trades, as it can do less, but all the time. Savant's true strength lies in it having every skill in the game and being able to qualify for a huge amount of things.

Psyren
2013-08-02, 01:01 PM
It is indeed a prototype Factotum (or perhaps Archivist), and pretty weak. I love the art though - I always used him for my Archivists instead of that pleb from HoH.

Urpriest
2013-08-02, 01:15 PM
They're one of the weird classes that can qualify for Mystic Theurge without multiclassing, which is worth something on the cheese spectrum.