PDA

View Full Version : Magic ammunition for enhancments

ramrod
2013-08-02, 04:52 AM
It is extremely cheesy, but can you generally get away with using an enhanced arrow for bonuses, example being a smoking arrow held as an improvised dagger?

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-02, 04:56 AM
Well, it's definitely legal by the rules. Do you get away with it? Probably not. :smalltongue:
At least no DM i know would let a player do that.

Curmudgeon
2013-08-02, 05:36 AM
What does a smoking weapon do in 3.5 rules, anyway? In 3.0 smoking produced "one-half concealment". Lords of Darkness has no 3.5 revision, and I haven't found anything which updates smoking to 3.5 D&D. "One-half concealment" doesn't exist in 3.5 rules; the lowest level of concealment is simply "concealment", and half of that is (using the standard rule to round down) nothing at all.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-02, 05:56 AM
It does.

SRD
Varying Degrees of Concealment

Certain situations may provide more or less than typical concealment, and modify the miss chance accordingly.

So, since normal concealment gives a 20% miss chance smoking would be 10% imo.

Vaz
2013-08-02, 06:55 AM
It is extremely cheesy, but can you generally get away with using an enhanced arrow for bonuses, example being a smoking arrow held as an improvised dagger?

I think this (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=h2tdqnvmdfmt3d3v0hco9dnpi1&topic=10419.0) is the thread you need to look for.

The issue with enchanted ammunition is that it breaks as soon as you hit something with it.

Studoku
2013-08-02, 07:31 AM
The issue with enchanted ammunition is that it breaks as soon as you hit something with it.
And since it's not intended for use as a melee weapon you'd get the -4 improvised weapon penalty.