PDA

View Full Version : Modern D20 (Space) Adventure Ideas

Gizmo777
2013-08-02, 11:01 AM
I'm running a D20 (space) campaign, and it has been a lot of fun so far. I am curious as to if anyone else has ran one, and if so what are some adventures or plots you have used. If you haven't ran one, your input is still wanted.

Right now I have some space pirates in the local area already attacking them while they were checking out a distress signal, not sure what else I will be doing.

Ideas and thoughts are welcome =D

brutticusforce
2013-08-02, 01:05 PM
I'm running a D20 (space) campaign, and it has been a lot of fun so far. I am curious as to if anyone else has ran one, and if so what are some adventures or plots you have used. If you haven't ran one, your input is still wanted.

Right now I have some space pirates in the local area already attacking them while they were checking out a distress signal, not sure what else I will be doing.

Ideas and thoughts are welcome =D

whats the flavor of your game? grungy firefly space western? GRIMDARK 40k? Pulpy starwars? In general, a lot of flavors have licensed RPGs with modules that i think are pretty easily adapted. if you want something more unique, you have to give us more of an idea what kind of crazy sci fi campaign your intent on running

Gizmo777
2013-08-02, 01:52 PM
Kind of running a mixture of Eve-Online and Starcraft, as well as anything else that would be fun to throw in. Space is really big after all, never know what you will run into. Anything from space battles to ground scenarios, anything is possible and accepted :)

DigoDragon
2013-08-06, 06:45 AM
My favorite adventure to run for a Space setting is finding the mysterious derelict ship. Essentially it's a mystery adventure taking place on a huge cargo ship adrift in space (maybe it's SOS beacon is still running) and the players have to find out what happened to the missing crew.

The mystery can be as mundane as a killer alien running around the ship to more interesting plots like the crew killed each other off because of something valuable in one of the cargo containers.

My best adventure I ran was where two crew members on a large cargo ship tried to smuggle some nasty hallucinogetic drugs onboard during a stop-over at a planet known for it's drug cartels (extra money on the side, right?). The drugs were hidden in the airducts, but the packages were torn open by the rivets in those ducts. Thus, the drug dispersed over most of the ship and the crew killed each other/themselves off in strange ways during their crazy hallucinations. :smallbiggrin:

The PCs didn't figure it out until they took off their suit helmets and tried towing the ship back to space port when they started seeing/hearing things...