PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Witch/Rogue. Help me finetune?

TheJudicator
2013-08-02, 04:32 PM
Good day, Playgrounders! I'm just probing the collective intellects for opinions on this build I'm trying. please note this for the Pathfider ruleset, no 3rd party material.

In the campaign I'm playing in (Skull & Shackles, yar), I'm currently running a Kitsune Trickster Rogue 1/White Hair Witch 2 (waves patron). As it stands, I'm finding the combo to be quite effective at making a "spell rogue", covering several skill monkey and face rolls while being combat effective. Most notably, I was able to solo a grindylow druid 4 with little damage incurred with the lockdown effect my hair gives with its grab.

As I level, my curiosity is this: just how many levels of rogue should I dip into? With the one, my casting will still be in line with the party's other primary casters, though another rogue level would aid in the skill monkey and defensive survivability help with evasion and such. As for prestige blends, I honestly don't know how valuable they would be, given the features of the witch's hair being so powerful after several levels.

So, what do you think, guys? Feel free to ask me details if more are needed or I left stuff out I shouldn't have. Thanks!

Dlkpi
2013-08-02, 07:25 PM
Hmm, you said you weren't interested in prestige classing but Witch/Rogue does set you up pretty nicely for Arcane Trickster. Going for sneak attack on touch spells delivered with your hair for massive damage at a safe range could be fun. And the prestige class itself gives you a lot of combat versatility.

If that doesn't appeal, I'd still definitely take at least one more level of rogue to get evasion and a rogue talent - trap spotter is really useful in dungeon crawling if you're going to be the party skill monkey. But if you've got other casters in the party, you can play around with a more even balance of rogue/witch levels. Going to 4 levels in rogue and getting uncanny dodge is a great target if you're going to be in close combat a lot.