PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Champion of Corellon Larethian. Worth it?

Fenryr
2013-08-03, 12:32 AM
Yo, hi! All sources allowed. If 3rd party DM must read and accept.

I'm playing an Elven Paladin focused on a Two Handed Sword (with Finesse). The goal is to be a party face, a competent bruiser and somehow the party healer. The character is focused in Dex and Cha. So far she is a level 3 Paladin with Wedded to History (Dragon Magazine, 3.5), Fey Foundling (PF) and Nymph Kiss (3.5). Weapon Finesse with Race Points. All those feats are for character concept.

Now, I love the fluff of the Champion of Corellon but the requirement feats are not very cool (and the bonus feats are not best either since Combat Expertise nerf). Plus, Elegant Strike (Dex to damage) now is possible with a weapon enchantment in PF. Maybe the only advantage would be Lay of Hands. But sticking to full Paladin will get me better Lay of Hands (because of Mercy). I'm not worried about the caster levels because the original idea is to get the Paladin Variant from Complete Champion that loses spells and gets feats.

Is the Prestige Class worth it? Or should I stay with full Paladin and get stuff like Sword of the Arcane Order and Battle Blessing? Any other Prestige Class to help me reach my goals?

IronFist
2013-08-03, 01:13 AM
Stick to Paladin.

ArqArturo
2013-08-03, 03:03 AM
CoCL is best aproached with the Swashbuckler/Fighter combo, then a few levels of the class just to get Dex to damage, and them take all the levels of Dervish.

Other than that, it is best you stick to paladin. Is it the straight Lawful Good paladin, or are you taking a variant version?.

Fenryr
2013-08-03, 11:51 AM
LG Paladin. Maybe Hospitaler Archetype from Pathfinder to use Devotion Feats and keep Lay of Hands to heal. Maybe a level or two in Crusader and/or Warblade, not sure yet.

But yeah, full Paladin looks like the best option unless someone comes with an obscure Prestige Class.

ArqArturo
2013-08-03, 12:17 PM
Well, the best PrC for paladin is, as far as I know, the Fist of Raziel, since not only it gives you full BAB, more smite evil uses than you can shake your sword at (and you will, considering how awesome the PF smite evil is), and gives smite evil some interesting abilities, but also gives you semi-full spellcasting. The only downside is that it does not progress lay on hands, nor channel energy.