PDA

View Full Version : Entomanothropy Mini-Handbook *Work In Progress*

CyberThread
2013-08-03, 02:13 AM
Link to Entomanothrope Template
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a

For a more in depth look at the various thropes as far as racial choices and PRC's or classes that can match them, take a look at this thread.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870770/The_Handbook_of_Lycanthropes

Basic Breakdown of the Entomanothrope Template
No Swarms
No more than one size bigger or smaller than your race
+2 natural armor in all forms and/or if animal has better armor use that while in animal form or hybrid form.
You can pass the curse you have through natural attacks
You gain any poison based attack in hybrid form as your animal form would have
Alternate Form is basically -10 even numbers -11 odd numbers, to vermin STR,DEX,CON, add these numbers to your normal abilities when in hybrid or animal form. If the vermin you chose has wings you can fly at the speed of your slowest movement speed Dwarf 20 and wasp 40 means you fly at dwarf 20.
Vermin/Hybrid form has 5/silver DR
Darkvision 60ft
Entomanothropes have immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects) in any form.
+2 wis -2 int
Skill bonus, after all this, some monsters have very high skill bonus. Which can cross over to your race form if it is not conditional.
And after all this you gain +2 Level adjustments

This is NOT a list of every single creature that fits within the vermin list, right now I have focused on those that have something to offer, or are very unique.

Formatting FAQ

Book, Page Found, Monster Name, Size of Creature, how many HIte Dice

Climb/Fly= Unique Movement Options

NA= Natural Armor

Bold= Positive , Italic = Bad

Due to saving space and not publishing to much info and running acrossed angry mods, racial stat bonus has been simplified to + or - affect to STR ,DEX, and CON.

Sandstorm 197 Worker Termite Small 1HD
Climb, +3 NA , Scent, -Str, Bite

Sandstorm 198 Solider Termite Medium 3HD
Climb,+5 NA, Bite, Constrict ,Improved Grab, poison, Scent,+8 Racial climb +STR +CON
*Deals Damage when Grapples

SRD Giant Ant Worker Medium 2HD
Climb,Bite,Improved grab, scent, track +8 racial climb

SRD Giant Solider Ant Medium 2HD
Climb, +7 NA, Bite, Improved Grab, Acid Sting, Scent, Track +10 climb +STR , +CON
*Deals 1d4acid and 1d4+1 piercing damage on a successful grapple each turn

Planar Handbook 109 Astral Kraken Gargantuan 20HD
Fly,+20 NA, Tentacles, Improved Grab, Energy Drain, Astral Cocoon, Blindsight 120, spell resistance Huge STR , +Dex , Huge CON

SRD Giant Bee Medium 3HD
Fly, Sting, Poison, +4 spot checks

Underdark 88 Giant Cockroach Medium 4HD
Climb, +6 NA, Bite, Stench, scent, tremorsense, +STR,+DEX,+CON
+10 hide +6 move silently racial bonuses

Ghostwalk 161 Ectoplasmic vermin 1HD small 2HD Medium
Climb, Bite, Evasion, Fast Healing 1, light sensitivity, poison

Lost Empires of Faerun 160 Giant Whip Scorpion Large 4HD
+8 NA, Claw, 10ft reach, improved grab, squeeze , poison spray +STR,+Dex, +Con

SRD Monstrous Scorpion 1HD Small 2HD Medium
+3 NA/_4 NA , Claw, Constrict, Improved grab, poison,tremorsense,+Con,Weapon Finesse
+4 racial climb,hide,spot

Frostburn 154 Snowspider 1HD Small 2HD Medium
Climb, Spring Attack, Bite, poison, tremor sense, weapon finesse
+4 racial hide, +20 racial jump, +8 racial spot,+8 racial climb + or -STR +DEX+ or - CON

SRD Giant Praying Mantis 4HD Large
Fly, Claw, +6 NA, Improved Grab +STR –DEX +CON

*Might not count due to template involved* MM4 93 Lloth Touched Monstrous Spider 4HD Large
Climb, tremorsense, +2NA ,Web, Bite, poison, +STR +Dex +Con Immune to fear
+10 racial jump, +8 racial climb spot and hide, +4 racial bonus on move silently .

Rough Draft 8/3 Last Edit Heavily aware of needing editing for formatting, alignment , possible table creations, whatever needing to be done with grammar.

unseenmage
2013-08-03, 02:29 AM
I suggest adding the Bonespear from Fiend Folio page 24 because of it's Special abilities:

Special Attacks: Attach, drag, horns, poison
Special Qualities: Fast healing 5, fire resistance 10,
immobile stance, sonic resistance 10, SR 23, vermin traits

CyberThread
2013-08-03, 02:31 AM
I suggest adding the Bonespear from Fiend Folio page 24 because of it's Special abilities:

Special Attacks: Attach, drag, horns, poison
Special Qualities: Fast healing 5, fire resistance 10,
immobile stance, sonic resistance 10, SR 23, vermin traits

can you toss me size , HD , if any special mode of movement and a little more info on that immobile stance?

unseenmage
2013-08-03, 02:38 AM
can you toss me size , HD , if any special mode of movement and a little more info on that immobile stance?

Large, 15 HD, extraplanar, 40'speed

Immobile Stance (Ex):
At will, a bonespear
can make itself virtually immobile
by anchoring itself to the surrounding
terrain with its six large,
strong feet. In this stance, the bonespear
receives a +20 stability bonus
on opposed Strength checks
to resist a bull rush or to otherwise
be moved, and it cannot be
overrun. (This bonus overlaps
[does not stack] with the +4
stability bonus for having more
than two legs.) This ability can
be activated or deactivated as a
free action.

ShurikVch
2013-08-03, 07:48 AM
Isn't this template supposed to use monstrous vermins?
Monstrous Scorpion is OK, but what about all other variants?
You going to apply "Monstrous Beast" template to them?

CyberThread
2013-08-03, 12:29 PM
Unless it was something fully overlooked, snowspider fell under the template, for the old lob build, and no one mentioned it. I believe monstrous is a moniker, but otherwise the creatures I have listed fall under RAW.

danzibr
2013-08-05, 03:52 PM
This is a neat template. Totally going to add it to my handbook.

Flickerdart
2013-08-05, 04:51 PM
I'm quite fond of using Giant Wasps for this. They fly, get their stinger with poison, have a decent +4 NA and are respectably strong. 5HD hurts a lot, though.

123456789blaaa
2013-08-05, 05:10 PM
Some of your links are out of date. The most recent and up-to-date lycanthrope handbook is on the minmaxboards here (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=607) (when finding handbooks on the WOTC or BG forums, I'd suggest checking the minmaxboards forum for the most up-to-date version).

I also created a thread for the best lycanthrope animals and builds here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254888) (with a twin thread on the minmaxboards). Perhaps we could merge this thread and the one I made?

CyberThread
2013-08-05, 05:22 PM
Some of your links are out of date. The most recent and up-to-date lycanthrope handbook is on the minmaxboards here (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=607) (when finding handbooks on the WOTC or BG forums, I'd suggest checking the minmaxboards forum for the most up-to-date version).

I also created a thread for the best lycanthrope animals and builds here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254888) (with a twin thread on the minmaxboards). Perhaps we could merge this thread and the one I made?

You are free to add what you like to your own handbook if you want, this is just a small little fact book more then anything, as most of the thrope guides, made mention of this, but no effort on expanding what it could do.

*will update guide later today*

CyberThread
2013-09-29, 08:48 PM
okay this is finalized as it it will be, enjoy !