PDA

View Full Version : Warblade help

cbaidchris
2013-08-03, 10:20 AM
Need some help/ideas for my warblade build. Currently thinking about going Warblade 15 / Psychic Warrior 5 only because I think it would be really fun to go Monkey's Grip/Strongarm Bracers/Expansionx2 (when needed) and wield such a large weapon (a greatsword in my case). Aside from the obvious tripper and charge builds are there any other suggestions for just a bruiser with a strong 2h weapon? Current rolls are 18, 16, 16, 14, 11, 8. Preferred to play a human but i'm open to anything. A lot of sourcebooks are available including ToB, ToM, UA, all complete books and a couple more i cant remember. Thanks in advance.

SciChronic
2013-08-03, 10:59 AM
i toyed with the thought of Factotum 8/ Warblade X. the ability to do 2 maneuvers per round or full attack to recharge then surge into a maneuver is very enticing. downsides being that you never get access to the strongest maneuvers/stances. the levels you gain stances is also awkward, gaining another stance the level before you gain access to the next tier. you may want to talk to your DM about the ability to retrain stances.

Keld Denar
2013-08-03, 11:39 AM
Monkey Grip and Strongarm don't stack. Strongarm are better because feats are valuable and Monkey Grip still doesn't get rid of the -2 penalty. I'd actually skip both and go with Goliath. It's a fun race from Races of Stone, counts as large all the time (or huge/gargantuan when Expanded). Otherwise the psionic Half Giant from the XPH (or SRD) has Powerful Build as well.

I'm a fan of Power Atttack + Imp Bull Rush + Knockback (Races of Stone, requres large or Powerful Build) on a Warblade. You can initiate Emerald Razor and safely Power Attack for numbers that are generally larger than normal and still have a good chance to hit which results in a very powerful golf swing to send your puny foes flying.

Gigas Breaker
2013-08-03, 12:18 PM
I built a warblade for deep impact once. Full power attack on double or quadruple damage maneuvers versus touch lololol. Also expending psionic focus for concentration checks can be very handy for your other diamond mind maneuvers.

Petrocorus
2013-08-03, 05:25 PM
Otherwise the psionic Half Giant from the XPH (or SRD) has Powerful Build as well.

And you can add the Primordial Giant from Secret of Xen'Drik without LA. It will improve you mental stats and hit a little you physical ones.

Need some help/ideas for my warblade build. Currently thinking about going Warblade 15 / Psychic Warrior 5

Look at the War Mind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/warMind.htm) PrC. It's basically a Psychic Warrior with faster progression.

DMVerdandi
2013-08-03, 06:17 PM
meh... This is why prefer gestalt. Why not both? But obviously you aren't playing it so...

I think it would be cool to somehow get the sizing enchantment on a soulknife. Just taking one level of it to actually get the knife and somehow enchanting it would be cool. I don't know if it could happen, but it would result in a colossal soulknife being wielded :smallbiggrin: But forget about that. Sizing is what matters. It doesn't have to be a soulknife at all, just your weapon of choice.

Well, warblades have access to iron heart, diamond mind, tiger claw, and white raven.

Diamond mind is about concentration, and iron heart is about mastery of striking, disarming, and sundering, and stuff like that. I think Iron Heart works the best, honestly. Diamond mind requires a sort of finesse that hefting around a giant weapon doesn't lend itself to, UNLESS, you are the kind of guy who delicately wields that behemoth of a cleaver with the deftness of a doctor's scalpel.

Those are my two recommendations. As far as feat styles, I mean if you don't want to be a charger you could go the
-cleave
-combat expertise
-combat evasion
-combat focus

Routes. (Lots of c-words there. it's because combat is CRAZY!!!:smallyuk:)
Those are all feats that move on into trees. Of course you could use the increased feats, but I thought that was too obvious to even mention. meh.

And that is if you don't want to be the boring gattling chain gun tripper, bullrusher type.