PDA

View Full Version : New to Fire Emblem:Awakened, tips appreciated

ChaosArchon
2013-08-03, 05:18 PM
Basically what the title says :P So i just got the game on the 3ds and am loving it, I'm at chapter 4 or 5 right now but I thought while I was at dinner I'd ask if anyone could give me some tips on it right now or heads up on any Guide Dangits or hidden uberitems the game most likely has.

I already move my units in a way as to protect my healer (who is adorable btw) and so that they do duo attacks (thats the name for it right?). Also I heard awhile ago that Frederick is an xp hog so I don't use him.

A Rainy Knight
2013-08-03, 09:18 PM
We have a Fire Emblem thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269887) that might be a good place to ask this.

You're not that far into the game, so I don't want to mention anything that'll spoil anything for you. It's really not that demanding of a game since there's always the option to fight some random battles, so I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's worth just enjoying your first playthrough of Awakening and using the characters that you like the most, since everyone in this game is viable with enough experience.

Mando Knight
2013-08-03, 10:40 PM
This (http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=061013) is the only thing you need to know about hero husbandry. Galeforce is one of, if not the, best skills in the game, ergo those who can class change into Pegasus Knight are extremely valuable (the Dark Flier promotion is where Galeforce comes from). Any mother without Pegasus Knight as an available class is recommended to pair up with a guy who passes that class onto any daughters he might have.

This site (http://serenesforest.net/fe13/) has lots of raw data for you to look at.

A Rainy Knight
2013-08-03, 10:49 PM
This (http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=061013) is the only thing you need to know about hero husbandry. Galeforce is one of, if not the, best skills in the game, ergo those who can class change into Pegasus Knight are extremely valuable (the Dark Flier promotion is where Galeforce comes from). Any mother without Pegasus Knight as an available class is recommended to pair up with a guy who passes that class onto any daughters he might have.

I'd like to add that this is only really relevant if you're interested in building a "perfect team." You'll do just fine without Galeforce, and I find that nothing sucks the fun out of this game like endlessly grinding levels, making everyone into Dark Fliers, and going with the pairings that everyone tells you to all for the sake of slapping Galeforce on a few extra characters. But that's just my two cents based on my own playstyle.

Airk
2013-08-05, 11:36 AM
I'd like to add that this is only really relevant if you're interested in building a "perfect team." You'll do just fine without Galeforce, and I find that nothing sucks the fun out of this game like endlessly grinding levels, making everyone into Dark Fliers, and going with the pairings that everyone tells you to all for the sake of slapping Galeforce on a few extra characters. But that's just my two cents based on my own playstyle.

Yeah, I agree. This is a basically garbage bad advice for actually ENJOYING the game. That link is also super spoiler filled.

There isn't REALLY anything you need to know about the game to play it a high degree of satisfaction - it's well designed, so you mostly don't have to worry about that stuff. But here are a few things (no spoilers) that are good to know:

If there are two Risen at a location, that fight will be hard since there will be twice as many enemies on the map, but you'll get an item as a reward if you win.
If there is a Risen and a Merchant at the same map location, the merchant will appear in the fight, and if you keep them alive, you'll get a reward item.
If you class change to a class that can't use a weapon type that you have experience in, you keep that proficiency if you subsequently change to a class that CAN use that weapon.

And very, VERY minor spoilers:
Chrom gets married sooner than you might expect, so if you have strong feelings on WHO he should marry, it's not a bad idea to develop that relationship sooner rather than later. (Build relationships by setting up support attacks, ideally by pairing the units up.)