PDA

View Full Version : ECL 12 barbarian looking for magic item options

RealMarkP
2013-08-03, 05:23 PM
Starting a new campaign at ECL 12. A barbarian has a bunch of problems at higher levels, mainly thing that throw will-save oriented spells at him or things that fly/burrow/meld/etc. So, what kind of options do I have in terms of magical items and weapon/armor enhancements?

Thanks in advance.

Runestar
2013-08-04, 12:45 AM
Well, feat-wise, there's steadfast determination (PHB2) which lets you use your con for will save modifiers.

MIC (Magic item compendium) has this item that adds +4 insight bonus on will saves. There is also a cloak that grants temp hp when you when you rage.

As for stuff like flight, I would actually leave that to the party to support you.

O.j.s
2013-08-04, 01:24 AM
feats: I like Animal devotion for any combatant class. it gives you straight and fly capacity.
Itens:

Shadow Cloaks (DotU) are a save ass. Glyph Seals (lesser and greater) are awesome. There is a enchant weapon ability in some forgotten book that gives your weapon +2( so it could bypass DR/Epic for example) while raging.

Darrin
2013-08-04, 08:36 AM
What's your budget? Sourcebooks allowed? WBL (12th) = 88K.

Sounds like you need to start with the List of Necessary Magical Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851).