PDA

View Full Version : Prank Ideas

hawkboy772042
2013-08-03, 05:43 PM
A few months ago, my bank account had a lien put on it by an unscrupulous law firm over a minor dispute I had with a cell phone company. I didn't know about the lawsuit against me until the bank called me to inform me about the lien and it turned that they deliberately sent my notice to appear in court to address that I haven't lived in for over 3 years so they could get a default judgment by me not showing up.
Naturally, I got the judgment vacated, but I first tried to talk to the lawyer of the law firm, but he made sure that his secretaries would never forward me on to him and would constantly give me the run around.
In the short run, it caused me to lose my job and I had to drop out of school since I had to deal with this problem immediately and because of the court system being rather slow.

Apparently, I am unable to sue the law firm for damages so I'm trying to think up other ways to prank them now or get some sort of revenge on them without actually committing a felony...

Thanks in advance.

Gavran
2013-08-03, 05:56 PM
I know this isn't what you want to hear, and that phrases like "Living well is the best revenge" are completely unsatisfying but the reality is that no good can come from any act of revenge. You have my sincere sympathies for your situation but I cannot in good faith give you any advice other than to work on getting your life back on track instead.

Traab
2013-08-03, 06:00 PM
Yeah, you got hosed, but this is a law firm, they will ruin your life for the next 30 years if you annoy them and they will do it all legally too.

Dienekes
2013-08-03, 06:03 PM
As someone who has gotten personal revenge before I must respectfully disagree with everything Gavran said. Revenge can be very, very sweet. However prioritization is key to a good revenge plan, and any vengeance done by a jobless, drop out will probably not be particularly satisfying. No funds or sway to commit, you see.

Foundation first, then the plot begins.

Grinner
2013-08-03, 06:09 PM
Yeah...There's a little problem. I'm not sure what Israeli law is like, but most of the things I can think of are either felonious (to discourage that sort of "uncivilized" behavior) or are so petty that you may as well not even bother.

The fact is that he's a lawyer. He knows the game's rules far better than you do, and he's been playing a lot longer than you have.

hawkboy772042
2013-08-03, 06:11 PM
As someone who has gotten personal revenge before I must respectfully disagree with everything Gavran said. Revenge can be very, very sweet. However prioritization is key to a good revenge plan, and any vengeance done by a jobless, drop out will probably not be particularly satisfying. No funds or sway to commit, you see.

Foundation first, then the plot begins.

I have a new (and better) job now and I'm going back to school in the fall. I just don't like letting those people getting away with such a thing nor doing it to other people ever again.

Talanic
2013-08-03, 08:18 PM
Honestly? Forget the idea of making it a prank.

Publicize it. And think big. Take your time, make a humorous youtube video - the kind of thing that will get people forwarding it on. Make him look like someone people would love to hate (because honestly, that's what he sounds like). But don't try to incite any action against him - that could be considered harassment. Tell the unvarnished truth - you can't be sued for telling the truth. Make it clear how horrible a person this lawyer is.

Then get it to go viral (which is, of course, the hard part). Ideally, you get it to the point that anyone searching for the law firm or the lawyer's name on google finds 10+ pages of search results about what happened to you before finding anything the lawyer would LIKE them to see. And as described, this is 100% legal.

Yes, there's something that inspired this suggestion. (http://www.bigbreaksolutions.com/events/?utm_source=UnitedBreaksGuitarscom)

factotum
2013-08-04, 02:18 AM
Tell the unvarnished truth - you can't be sued for telling the truth.

You can and will be sued for telling the truth, especially by a lawyer, and if you can't prove what you're saying is true beyond a reasonable doubt, you could well lose. Just ask Ian Hislop of Private Eye--they were sued for printing an article saying Robert Maxwell was defrauding his company's own pension fund and lost the case; after Maxwell disappeared off his yacht the allegations were proved to be true, of course, but it was too late by then!

Aedilred
2013-08-04, 03:53 AM
Even if it's true that's not necessarily enough: there'd have to be public interest or similar involved too, iirc. Defamation law here is pretty serious, although I don't know much about other jurisdictions.

To the OP, why can't you sue them? Have you taken alternative legal advice?

scurv
2013-08-04, 06:55 AM
First point is a two parter, and you seem to be on the way for it

1> Get your life in Order
2> Collect documentation

Second point is this: With copys of phone bills, all documents and the unvarnished truth do you have enough to annoy them with lawsuits to collect damages? A small win is still a win.

3rd point is this: Collect all intel you can on the firm and the people in the firm as you do this. Due to the public nature of this forum I have to advise you not to break any laws. But you would be surprised what is legal.