PDA

View Full Version : A little help for the soulknife 3.5

desero clades
2013-08-03, 06:27 PM
Everyone knows the soulknife is just butts, but I feel like playing one in a game coming up. No one is playing crazy builds so I'm not too scared about being useless.

(If my DM lets me) I can't decide if this ability should be just given to the soulknife or maybe made into a feat to make it not as powerful. Anyway here's the ability.

Absorbtion: A soulknife can take the enchanments from other weapons and absorb them into their mind blade. They may have up to 1 per 5 levels saved in their minds. Swapping between them is a full-round action. Absorbing the enchantment from a weapon takes 5 minute of meditation. If the soulknife tries to absorb an enchantment when he has no extra spaces for them, he can replace one of his previous ones absorbed. The soulknife can't take the enhancement bonus, only the actual abilities such as flame burst, or keen for example. Once absorbed, the original weapon loses its magical qualities (except for the enhancement bonuses).
Esonie finds a +2 Keen, flameburst great axe. She decides that she wants to take this enchanment add it to her repertoire having one space available. Since the weapon has both the flameburst and keen abilities on it, this will only take up one spot in Esonie's repertoire.
This ability will replace the usual known abilities that a soulknife can apply.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-03, 07:05 PM
Seems fine to me either way. Heck, I wouldn't even make you give up one of the normal enhancements, since there are already enough limits-- both to the number of enchantments you can learn, and to the number you can apply.

Also, if you're asking, you might want to see if you can use the Pathfinder version (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife). It solves pretty much all the problems with the 3.5 version.

desero clades
2013-08-03, 08:24 PM
I always forget that pathfinder exists :smalltongue:
Thanks! I'll run it by him and see if he lets me play that version instead!