PDA

View Full Version : Character Ideas

Azreal
2013-08-03, 09:30 PM
So I have a twofold purpose for this thread.
1.) I'd love to hear some feedback on my character idea.
2.) I'd love to hear some of the awesome ideas you guys have as well.

The character I want to make is a Dayborn Dhampir who mistakenly believes himself to be a cursed God and his entire goal is to regain Godhood.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-08-03, 10:21 PM
One I've been wanting to play for a while is a thing with the power to assimilate any device into her body and have it function as a working organ or appendage. She's basically a giant metal blob covered with robot arms, weapons, toasters, cell phones, motorcycle parts, refrigerators, washing machines, and anything else you could think of. Though her natural form is a blob, she can "fold" her parts up into other vague shapes if necessary.

(If you're wondering why she's a "she", I imagined her backstory as a hot mad scientist chick who became obsessed with the idea of grafting machines onto the human body and used herself as a test subject. And went kinda overboard. She was a famous supermodel before the experiments and still does modeling work for men's magazines. She's surprisingly popular.)

Another idea I've gotten interested in recently is a guy who made a wish that he wanted to see the multiverse: The wish gave him a curse where he plane shifts to random planes against his will. Every 24 hours, he shifts to a new plane. The curse always sends him to environments where he can survive (e.g. it won't send him to vacuums, or deep underwater, or to the middle of the semielemental plane of magma), but not necessarily environments that are safe (like an abyssal demon-city). The curse tracks subjective time, so it's unaffected by planar time traits.

(The main problem with this one is how to work it with a party: Either the adventure has to last less than 24 hours or the party needs to follow him along somehow. I guess I could play him in a solo adventure.)

Azreal
2013-08-03, 10:28 PM
For the second idea you could always see if the DM uses you as a plot hook and they have to track you down to try and break your curse?

I love the first idea sounds really awesome!

Doomboy911
2013-08-04, 06:18 PM
Another idea I've gotten interested in recently is a guy who made a wish that he wanted to see the multiverse: The wish gave him a curse where he plane shifts to random planes against his will. Every 24 hours, he shifts to a new plane. The curse always sends him to environments where he can survive (e.g. it won't send him to vacuums, or deep underwater, or to the middle of the semielemental plane of magma), but not necessarily environments that are safe (like an abyssal demon-city). The curse tracks subjective time, so it's unaffected by planar time traits.

(The main problem with this one is how to work it with a party: Either the adventure has to last less than 24 hours or the party needs to follow him along somehow. I guess I could play him in a solo adventure.)

Simple well sort of. That story works more for backstory. So you're trapped on this plane and you don't know how time works there but you've been trapped for far too long and have been desperately trying to find a way out. Go to a new plane and just continue traveling. Perhaps the years have worn on you.

Arkhosia
2013-08-04, 06:42 PM
Chaotic Good Drow paladin of Lolth. She learned that Lolth went mad thanks to the abyss, and hopes to redeem Lolth and her race by restoring her sanity.
I actually started a thread where people shared characters as well.
Link, if you are interested:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290289

Craft (Cheese)
2013-08-04, 11:37 PM
Simple well sort of. That story works more for backstory. So you're trapped on this plane and you don't know how time works there but you've been trapped for far too long and have been desperately trying to find a way out. Go to a new plane and just continue traveling. Perhaps the years have worn on you.

Well the thing is what I wanted to focus on with the character is the fact that, since he travels to a new plane after just 24 hours, he's lost the ability to get attached to anything, to care about what he encounters. He got into this in the first place to learn, but he's stopped asking questions because he'll be long gone before he'll ever know the answers.

His physical aimless drifting through the multiverse is a metaphor for his figurative aimless drifting through life. My intention with the character is to play him finding a sense of purpose and learning how to live with the condition, not curing it.