PDA

View Full Version : How to add a splash of personality and color into PC NPCs.

Nettlekid
2013-08-04, 12:04 AM
Okay, long story short, in a low-Epic campaign I'll be playing in, I'm a War Weaver who has Leadership and owns an airship. To add a little flavor to the ship, I made a crew of 20, 19 lower level characters and my higher level cohort, plus me. I'm able to buff them all with War Weaver (while still leaving room for my party of course) and I don't expect any but the cohort to actually play a part in the events of the game. Or if they do, then a very minor part. After all, they could all be squashed in a single shot by anything we're facing. But still, I want to give them personality and flavor, and I was wondering what the best way to do that would be.

The maximum level of follower I can have is 11, but only one. I decided to go with making the whole crew 5th level, although I could have everyone be 6th if I wanted. I statted them all out, gave them all a class and race, and tried to put a little personality into each. I don't really know what question I'm asking here, but has anyone had experience with this kind of thing before and can offer advice? Remember, I'm a player, not the DM.

ericp65
2013-08-04, 12:14 AM
Ask your DM to let you look at page 128 of the DMG, where there's a list of 100 personality traits for NPCs :)

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-08-04, 04:54 AM
Ask your DM to let you look at page 128 of the DMG, where there's a list of 100 personality traits for NPCs :)

I like combining this with random traits from Unearth Arcana.