PDA

View Full Version : The Madien's Dance calls all

Christine Daae
2013-08-04, 02:14 AM
It had only been a month now on the surface and as the full moon came out, with the information that had flooded into her mind the first night she had danced under the skies with Eilistraee she began to undress until she was standing under the full moon full exposed for all to see. This did not bother Irraly though as when she lived in the underdark she had worn little clothing there as well. Instead using materials to accentuate her body, and make every detail stand out tenfold. So the warm air of the forest felt good on her as she went to the small glade she prayed at every night to dance.

It was not long before her voice began to pick up a very song that she had heard from the wandering minstrel and begin to dance under the moonlight singing in her own tongue the whole time, lifting both body and voice towards the skies. As she danced her hair, so long and flowing seemed to move of its own accord, twisting and dancing with her. So caught up in the dance was she that she did not notice the fey as she used the last of her magic for the day to make her performance all the more grand as lavender lights seemed to dance around her, shining onto her body along with the moonlight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUuInD9HLaE)

After what seemed like hours of dancing and her prayers done for the night Irraly knelt over, her small delicate frame ever graceful as it moved to get her belongings. But now being out of prayer, her senses were sharper and she saw the small little creature coming towards her, one of the fey known as a petal. With a smile she stands up straight. I was not aware I had company Irraly said softly, seeing that the fey was a female as it got closer. As she heard its high pitched voice it seems to hurt her ears at first, but not to bad that it was unpleasant to hear. Yes I am new around here, I have only been here for one whole moon cycle now, as for the dance I was performing. It was the dance of the Dark maiden. If you wish I could show it to you tomorrow night. She says kindly to the small little creature looking over her small features. Noting her pale skin as well as her dress that seemed to be made out of grass. What grabbed the most attention though was her hair, looking like petals from some odd flower she had not seen yet before in the areas she had explored near her cave dwelling. My name is Irraly Torghym, may I ask what yours is? She asks, still unclothed seeing nothing wrong with how she was.

Perform Dance [roll0]
Perform Sing [roll1]

Spells being used Level 0 cantrip that last an hour. Along with Dancing lights

Christine Daae
2013-08-04, 02:17 AM
Dance [roll0]
Sing [roll1]

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 10:42 AM
Just for reference, we might want to include Violet's initial introduction:

One moonlit night, Violet was flying around, between the covens, when she saw a strange sight, a dark skinned elf dancing and singing in the light of the moon. Violet, having never seen anything like the strange woman before, stopped and looked on, hiding in a branch of a nearby tree, and waiting, politely, until the elf was done. When she finished, and started gathering her clothing, Violet flew down, flying around head level, and smiles, greeting the strange woman, her high pitched voice, and obvious excitement clearly detectable.
"Hi, I have never seen you before. Are you new? What was that dance..."
The torrent of questions continues on, a cheerfully delivered stream.

I would have Violet comment on your state of attire, but she does not know that this is unusual, so no comment for you.

Violet, looking at the strange woman, smiles as she responds, as some just ignore her, which always makes her sad.
As Irraly reveals that she is new here, Violet smiles, her grin growing even broader, her face filled with joy. She could show this strange woman around, and learn all about her while doing so. It would be a great tale! Violet speaks rapidly, excitement blurring her words somewhat, but they are still understandable... barely.
"Ooh! I could show you around. That would be fun, right? There are so many places to show you, and many people to meet. Who is the Dark Maiden? Can I come by tomorrow night? You song and dance were lovely! Can you teach me?"
Filled with excitement, Violet almost missed Irraly's introduction, but only almost. As Irraly reminds her of her duties as host, though, Violet looks surprised for a moment, before continuing, not quite as quickly as before.
"Nice to meet you, Irraly Torghym. You can call me Violet, everyone else does! Welcome to the fey woods!"

AlanBruce
2013-08-04, 10:52 AM
@Irraly & Violet: As both exchange pleasantries under the moonlit sky, a howl can be heard not too far away.

Unearthly howl.

Then, a small whirlwind of leaves manifest not too far from both and you see a tall man emerge from the forest.

A tall man. Human, by its appearance. Grimy looking and with dreadlocks which hang small animal skulls as grim decor. The man has a scarred face and a dirty breastplate. His musculature is grand as he holds a wicked scythe in his left hand.

The man looks at both, placing emphasis on the obsidian elf.

"I know the little one...Violet, is it? But who are you? What are you doing in my forest?"

Behind him, a large skeletal animal, probably a wolf at one time, makes its way to the clearing.

"I advice you speak, elf. My patience is short and you are intruding."

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 11:05 AM
As Balion appears, spoiling her plans for the night, Violet looks fearful, even terrified, but she still flies to place herself between Balion and her new friend, Irraly.
"Hey! She is my guest. She is welcome in the forest. It's not yours, anyway."
Violet practically seems to be trembling in fear, but she still tries to help.

It is quite possible that her attempt would be ignored by both parties, sadly. She is, after all, rather small.

Christine Daae
2013-08-04, 11:15 AM
Irraly can not help but be amused as the small feys face grew bright, and her grin larger. As she explains that she would like to show Irraly around sometime it only reminds her of how different this world was from the one she had come from, where words like that meant something more. I would like that very much. Irraly says reaching her small delicate hand out slowly as if asking the fey to land on it. As for who the Dark Madien is she is my goddess, it is one of her many titles. It was from her I learned the dance, and I am sure she would be happy if I taught you both. Irraly says addressing one issue at a time. As for tomorrow night, that is fine by me beautiful one. I can't not say I have seen someone your size that holds so much beauty. I am a bit jealous myself. she says gently showing that it was more of a feeling of want then any malice as one would expect of her kind.

Thank you for complementing the Song and Dance of the maidens blade, but it was nothing special. Now that I have a guest though, which reminds me. My goddess wishes for us to be as close to her as possible when we dance and sing and it is customary to wear little to nothing at all, as I am now. I hope that wont bother you. she says confidently to the small fey before hearing her name. Well then Violet I hope this turns into a very good friendship, also thank you for telling me the name of this strange place. Where I come from we do not have these wooden things or even a moon for that matter. She says referring to trees.

Irraly's mood changes though as the man steps into the glade with his skeletal wolf looking creature behind him. How dare you insolent male speak to a female that way, be happy we are not where I come from or right now you would be being lashed for such insolence. I will accept an apology though and forgive you if you do. Irraly says to the new stranger with the scythe. As for this being your forest, a man owns nothing, especially not a forest as you call it. The look on her face is clear as the moonlight still shines down on her body that had not had time to dress yet with all these interruptions. Though she is a bit surprised when Violet comes to her defense.

AlanBruce
2013-08-04, 11:29 AM
@Violet: Balion's shadow covers you as his enormous build towers above you.

Yet you flutter in place,defiant.

"Petal, hear me well. Your actions now have prolonged the elf's life, if only because you are the first after a very long time to stand up to me in this manner. But if I see her again wandering around my domain, she will be cut. And you along with her."

@Irraly: Balion's demeanor changes and you can see his muscles tense as his grip on the scythe whitens his knuckles.

"You pretentious elf! This is MY forest! You dare speak to me this way? I will lay your body now where it stands! Aluserk shall feast from your marrow. I am not one to be trifled with!"

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 11:44 AM
Pre-Balion:
When Irraly accepts her offer, Violet seems quite happy. At the extended hand, Violet carefully, and gracefully, lands, accepting the offer, and not even considering that Irraly could harm her quite easily. Irraly notices that she is quite light, weighing even less than a sword(3 pounds).
As Irraly answers her questions, Violet continues to be happy.
"So she is a goddess? Can I meet her? I have never met a goddess before. Thank you for teaching me. Learning things is always so much fun!"
When Irrally calls her beautiful, Violet dimples prettily.
"Thank you, but you have nothing to be jealous of. You are beautiful too!"
When Irrally claims that Violet is her guest, Violet looks somewhat annoyed, but then seems happy again, as she thinks her way through things. Of course she was Irraly's guest in this glade.
When the request to be naked is made, Violet looks nervous, looking around the clearing.
"There won't be any owls or snakes around, will there?"
At the offer of friendship is made, Violet continues to grin.
"Of course! The wooden things are trees, the little glowing dots above are stars, the wide green things are leaves, and they turn brown and fall in the winter. There is so much to tell. But surely... you had trees, right?"

Balion:
Violet flies back to Irraly's shoulder, landing so that she could whisper, cautiously. She trembles from fear.
"Um... Irraly... that is Balion. He is really scary. And mean! Please, be careful. I don't think I can protect you from him."
She then flies back, to be in between both of them once more, speaking to Balion, her voice trembling.
"But... But I was going to show her around! There is so much to do!"
However, when Balion makes his threat, Violet's nerve breaks, and she lets out a small scream before flying around, and hiding behind Irrally, gently holding on to her hair, absolutely terrified.

AlanBruce
2013-08-04, 11:53 AM
@Irraly & Violet: Aluserk howls as Balion's muscles tense. His eyes reflect madness and rage. You had heard about this before. when the Covens launched an attack against him.

"Woman! Lift your blade. You are about to face a Guardian!"

Initiative:

Violet

Old Balion

Irraly

Aluserk moves towards the entrance of the clearing, so as to not leave anyone leave.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 12:01 PM
Violet's voice seems to drift in from behind you, trying to help.
"Irraly... if you value your life, please, run. The covens could not drive him away, but he might not attack them. Head west. I... I will try and calm him."
Violet's trembling grows, and she flies out from behind Irraly, and produces a harp, trying to play a soothing song, hoping that it would calm him down, and let Irraly get away.
Her voice, intermingled with the soft sounds of her harp, fills the small clearing.

Using Fascinate. Balion needs to make a Will save, vs DC [roll0] or be fascinated. If he fails, he sits quietly, and listens to Violet's lovely music.

AlanBruce
2013-08-04, 12:11 PM
@Violet: You start plucking your strings and a soothing lullaby fills the glade.

Balion's rage begins to subside as he sits down on the grass, scythe ever gripped in his hands.

"Sweet music...just like...just like her´s..."

Christine Daae
2013-08-04, 12:37 PM
Before Balion

As the small fey accepts her hand she is surprised she weighed even less then her sword. Though not one to be rude and comment on such things upon their first meeting she simply admired the small fey in her outstretched hand.The contrast between their skin colors as clear as day and night. Yes she is a goddess Violet, a very kind gentle one who believes in free will and loves to dance and sing. Even play instruments. She says kindly to the fey in her hand as she slowly takes in all of the little feys details, including how here wings seemed to look more like a flower then any kind of wings she had ever seen before. I am sure if the dance was pleasing enough to her she may come and join us. Irraly said not exactly sure on how to respond herself. As for teaching you how to dance, you are showing me this wonderful strange place. It seems only a fair trade. she says softly and gently, never raising her voice at the fey as she gently moves one of her fingers to touch the fabric of the dress. Is that the stuff that we are walking on? she asks her as her finger falls back down to rest with the others, hoping the petal named Violet did not find her odd behavior disrespectful.

Irraly could not help but smile as the Violet seemed to only look more beautiful as her dimples came out when she had told her how beautiful she looked. A Slight blush coming to her face as the small fey called her beautiful as well. Be careful now little one, I may just have to show you my gratitude for such compliments if you keep this up. she says letting one of inky finger gently rub the half feys leg that was smooth to the touch, though not going to high as this was a female and thus deserved respect unlike a male who would be thrown down and would be taken and have to accept it.

When Violet gets nervous Irraly speaks soothingly and calmly as she brushes the petals hair back, a bit surprised by its texture, but not in an unpleasant way. I have not seen one yet, though I will protect you from one if I do. Irraly says with a hint of fondness in her voice. It was good having someone who needed her again, not being alone to fend for herself.

As Violet tells her about the trees, stars, and leaves she smiles at the half fey and shakes her head. We had things similar, though not as beautiful. They were called mushrooms. Perhaps tomorrow I will try and make a picture of one of the glades from where I come from. she says kindly.

Balion

As the old grime covered man threatens her she lifts up her blade taking on the stance of the dark maiden. Your dog shall lie dead by your feet male. She says casting a spell that surrounds her in a glowing blue light making her move faster and seem to know what will happen before it does.

Immediate action casting Neverskitter (+5 to initiative)

She was surprised at first at how much the small fey protected her from the man, but in the end she knew it would fall on her blade. I will not leave you Violet, I have a few tricks for this old man and his dog still. she said softly and gently picking up her belongings, though never takings her eyes off of the man as she dressed. I will show you respect at the fact you allowed me to get dressed Balion, but do not think because of that I will go easy on you. tell me though, who or what are you a guardian of? These woods? If so I have caused no harm to them so why act as you have? Irraly says not lowering her blade.

As Violet once again tries to get her to run west she shakes her head. I will not leave you behind little one. Do not worry about me, I am stronger then this body lets on, and my goddesses has blessed me with many gifts. she says staying where she stood as the petal began to sing.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 01:16 PM
Before Balion
Violet looks Irraly in the eyes as she describes her Dark Maiden.
"She sounds like a nice goddess. Do you really think that we might get to meet her?"
Violet sounds eager, hopeful. Meeting a goddess would be an amazing story to tell, after all, sure to amaze all the other petals.
As Irraly implies that Violet does not know how to dance at all, Violet looks sad for a moment, but then gleeful, as she does a small spin, quite gracefully, enjoying the sensation of the smooth skin beneath her feet.

Perform: Dance: [roll0]

"See? I can dance. I just don't know that one. But it looked lovely, full of energy, beauty."
As Irraly extends her finger to stroke Violet's strange dress, Violet braces herself, but is pleasantly surprised when they barely touch her, simply enjoying the texture. She eagerly explains the dress.
"It is! Some magic is involved, to get it to last longer, but it really is just woven from some types of grass. I could show you, but it would take a really, really long time to make one for you."
Violet does not find her behavior to be odd at all, indeed, seems to enjoy the attention.
When Irraly's face goes even darker, Violet's eyes go wide. She had never see someone with skin like that, and she had no idea that it could get even darker! Of course, she eagerly asks about it.
"Hey, your face changed colors! Does that happen a lot? "
At the smile, Violet smiles back, happy that her new friend was happy.
"Of course! Compliments are always fun. Why, there was this one time..."
At that point, Irraly's fingers brushed Violet's leg, stealing the words from her mouth in surprise, as she squirms slightly.
"Oh! Your fingers are smooth!"
Violet promptly captures a finger, and gently runs a hand down it, stopping at a callous, her fingers rubbing the edge between them
"Well, this isn't, but the contrast only makes the rest smoother!"

On the subject of Owls
As Irrally offers to protect Violet from the fearsome owls, Violet looks relieved.
"Will you? Really? They are big, and hard to hear or see. You are bigger, though. Thank you."

As Irraly compares mushrooms to trees, Violet shakes her head, finding the comparison silly.
"But... Mushrooms are shorter than me, mostly. How could they be like trees? There are so many things I can show you!"

Balion
As Irraly threatens Balion, Violet, steps up her music, trying to soothe away any disruptions that Irraly's threats made to his enjoyment of her music. She gently inserts into her song a message for Irraly.

I, sadly, don't really listen to music, and I am not much of a composer, so, hopefully, you can imagine this as part of a soothing song
"Go, fly away, dear friend, I will be safe, as he will not harm me after all..."
However, she also includes a more subtle message for Balion
"And for safety, please, go home, be calm, and enjoy yourself. There is no threat here, after all."

Suggestion, dc 21. If it is very reasonable, a 1 or 2 point penalty to Balion's save might be appropriate.

AlanBruce
2013-08-04, 01:25 PM
@Irraly & Violet: As the music resounds around the small glade, Balion looks at the ground and passes his hand over the grass.

Then stops, and claws on the dirt as his eyes resume that rage from before. Whatever spell Violet tried on Balion has failed and now, the Guardian is very much upset.

Crackles of golden electricity surge through Balion as Aluserk takes a few steps back, well aware of what is to come.

"TRICKSTERS! YOU COME HERE FOR HER! SHE IS MINE! I AM HER GUARDIAN!!!"

The entire glade begins to ripple, as if a storm were brewing.

Balion's body mass grows as his muscles threaten to rip through his dirty breast plate. His eyes an incandescent gold as his grim dreadlocks fly about.

"No one lives!!

A tremendous surge of power emits forth from Balion as the roots and trees reach out for both as well as the wind itself, charged with a power never before seen.

Reflex saves for both.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 01:32 PM
Balion
Violet has time to whisper a simple statement, one that sums things up quite well: "Uh oh."
Before it becomes clear that Balion has managed, somehow, to ignore the siren call of her beautiful music, a thing of much sadness to her.
"RUN!", she shrieks, even as the glade begins to ripple around Balion, and she tries to do so, but she did not have the time to do more than turn before it happened.
[roll0] reflex

AlanBruce
2013-08-04, 01:43 PM
@Irraly & Violet: The power from this man is too strong. Feral. Chaotic. Something about him that is not...normal, to say the least.

The winds buffet Violet towards a tree which promptly hugs her tight in its branches.

Irraly is also carried away as a mass of water rises behind her and wraps itself around the drow.

When the water subsides, you can see it is a mass of underwater roots that have answered the man's call.

Balion walks up to you and places his scythe inches away from your neck.

"Murderers! All of you! You want to kill HER! I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT. BEFORE YOU KILL HER, I WILL KILL YOUUUU!"

Balion raises his wicked scythe as the moon rays catch on its blade and brings it down as you shut your eyes, expecting a swift end.

Yet no end comes.

Both look at the opposite side of the glade, where a beautiful white stag looks at Balion completely motionless.

"B...but why? They want to kill her. I must kill them first."

The old druid is clearly out of his mind as the stag looks at him, waiting for his next move.

A loud cry of frustration fills the glade as several owls fly off, scared off their wits.

Balion says not a word and climbs on Aluserk.

"She's mine...and none of you can have her. Pray to whatever foul god you serve that we do not cross paths again. Same goes for you, Petal."

Old Balion rides away as the roots slowly release their grip after a few minutes.

As for the stag, it is gone.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 02:10 PM
Caught by the winds, Violet is slammed into a nearby branch, which she promptly grasps, hoping to not get thrown further, but, much to her surprise, the tree decides to be nice, and help her resist the wind. Through the racket caused by the startled birds, the raining acorns and other small debris, as well as the creaking of the trees, her voice can barely be heard as she thanks the tree for holding her.
"Thanks, tree! I didn't want to go flying like that!"
As the noise slowly subsides, Irraly can make out Violet's voice, barely, as she asks, concern in her voice:
"Irraly, are you ok?"
Then, the leaf in front of her face blows away, letting her see once more, and she can see Balion just as he makes his threats, and Violet winces, trying to cover her eyes with her trapped hands, and realizing that the nice tree had not let her go yet.
But just then, the stag came into sight, and what a sight he was, outlined against the moon, looking onwards into the devastated grove. Violet forgot to breathe for a moment as she admired him, before Balion speaks once more.
She goes to respond, but he screams, and several large, scary scared looking owls fly away, forcing her into silence, as she did not want to be their breakfast.
When Balion makes his threats, Violet looks properly terrified. A few moments later
"Um... Tree? Can I go now, please?"
She starts struggling, trying to slip free of the not so nice tree, and, eventually, is able to do so. She immediately flies down to Irraly, and tries to bend the roots to help her get free as well, even as she asks, concern in her voice, her dress rather tattered. The poor thing was never designed for this sort of a beating.
"Are you ok, Irraly? Can you get free?"

[roll0] aid another to use str to break free

Christine Daae
2013-08-04, 10:06 PM
Before Balion

AS Violet tells Irraly that Eilistraee sounds really nice, and sounded excited about meeting her Irraly let out a soft gentle laugh. She is indeed very kind. At least when it comes to her family. Her mother is the exact opposite. Irraly says in a sing song like voice before going on. As for me thinking we may meet her, there is always that chance she come to join our dance and praise. It is why I always do my best to please her. Irraly says a sparkle in her eyes as she looks up towards the moon for a moment wondering if she was up their now watching the scenes unfold. She becomes quite confused though as a sad look comes across her new friends face before seeing it replaced with glee as she did a small twirl on her hand, which she had to admit, was very graceful and fluid. The moon catching and glowing upon her wings as she spun around. I am sorry violet, I never meant you could not dance. Only that you did not know the dances I have been taught. Irraly said in a loving voice as if to cheer the little fey up and let her know she did not have to prove anything to her.

As Violet explains that it was indeed the stuff they, well she was walking on, grass Violet had called in, and told her they could make a dress for her if she wished she shook her head gently no, her hair dancing around tantalizingly behind her as it blew in the warm wind of spring. I fear your time would be waste on such a task, as I only wear clothes outside of my home, and only when I am looking for food or not in prayer. Thank you though for the offer, it was very kind, perhaps another time and age. She said not wanting her new friend to think she did not ever want such a grand gift, but it would not be convenient for them at this time.

It was easy being around Violet, almost natural even as if she was meant to have found the tiny little petal along her life. And as she noticed her blushing face and asked if it happened often a smile worked across her face as it made its way to her lavender eyes that sparkled like gems. . I guess you will have to see Violet. I cannot tell you all my secrets now or you may grow bored with me. Then what ever would I do? ? She said kindly, but inside she knew that a drow would do just that, use you and then toss you to the side when you were no longer a use, would she be the same? Irraly wondered, could she be trusted? After all she did seem nice enough, and very charming, and though her voice was a bit high pitched, it seemed to go well with her overall beauty. Showing that unlike her own race she had imperfections. Things that made her, her and not just like everyone else. And as she listened to the fey talk she could not help but smile at the reaction her finger had received from the fey as she stopped in mid-sentence. And so are you beautiful legs. . Irraly replied as Violet quickly captured her finger and ran one of her small hands down it, stopping at one of the callous she had from using a sword, as large as the one she herself used with its Amethyst gem at the end, the hilt and cross guard forming a spider. The feeling was invigorating and yet strange though she did not stop the little one, but infact encouraged her as she used another of her fingers to slowly bring Violets whole body closer to the one finger she had been paying so much attention to, like a curious baby drow male with a new blade. Slowly to not stop Violet from doing what she was doing she brought her hand up to eye level before lightly kissing the fey, not too long, and a bit awkwardly because of the size difference but none the less showing her apprehension for the fey.

I come from a world of darkness, it will be seen well before any get close enough to snatch you up away from me. Irraly replies warmly to her just enjoying the company. And mushrooms where I come from seem to grow as large as some of your smaller trees that I have seen up here. She says trying to explain it in a way Violet would understand.

Balion

As Violet begins to sing Irraly seems to only grow more attached to the fey, surely she had been blessed by her goddess and made to find her with a voice like that she told herself not moving from where she stood. The song even seemed to have an effect on the old man before them, or so it seemed until he lifted a clawed hand up and golden electricity began to shoot out of him, hurting her eyes greatly. As the man’s body seems to grow Irraly squints her eyes as she steps in front of Violet trying to shield her from the thing before them. . I could not have said it better myself you abomination. You will not harm Violet. Irraly says preparing to smite the creature down before her. Hearing Violet in her ear saying to run though as the ripples began to expand she choose to take the feys advice and got ready to run. Watching in anger as Violet goes flying into a tree she tries to fight off the branches trying to entangle her before they capture her, but it is to no avail as they pin her sword to her side. The man was clearly insane, she thought as he spoke of me wanting to kill some other female, someone he kept calling her, perhaps she was the one he was guarding. Though with his scythe inches away from her neck she dare not try to head but him or bite off his nose, though the thought did come to her mind. Closing her eyes trying to call forth her powers for Darkness to envelop them she is surprised when she opens her eyes to see the man has stopped in mid swing and was now talking to the most beautiful and majestic creature she had ever seen before. She would surely have to ask violet what it was later. And as her mind though of Violet she turned to look at her small friend looking at the stag as well as if she knew it, and wondered what it was.

As Balion leaves his threat in the air Irraly fights her restraints, watching with a smile as Violet came over to her, worry clear on her face as she asked if she was ok. . I am fine Violet, I promise. Can you help me out of these please? She asks the small fey, and in no time the two have removed the last vine from holding her. . Perhaps it would be safer if I brought you home tonight Violet, unless you wish to stay with me? Its not anything grand, but its enough for me. She says softly and gently.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 10:37 PM
Nice post. Very nice, in fact.:smallsmile:
Violet is going to be asking a lot of questions. Do you mind if most of them are answered "off screen" as it were? Otherwise, this conversation will kind of bloom into a nightmare. Alternatively, have Irraly decline to answer some.

Also, getting kind of late for me, so this might not be as good as some of the others.

Exploding with questions, Violet cheerfully asks more, ever curious, her tone bright, and friendly.
"It sounds like she is a wonderful person. Can you tell me about her family? Her evil Mother? Does dancing really well impress her?"
After Violet's little twirl, and Irraly's apology, Violet looks up, smiling.
"Of course! It did look like a very nice dance, all motion, fun! I would love to learn it."

When Irraly shakes her head no, Violet is distracted momentarily by the flying hair. The Dryad's and Nymph's hair never seemed to do that, and it was all quite different from her own. However, as she speaks, she quickly re-attracts Violet's attention.
"Are you sure? It gets very cold in the winter, here. I can get the others to help me too, and it would look lovely on you!"

Violet, watching Irraly's face, notices as the light of joy flows across it, illuminating her eyes in ways that they had not been before. But, as Irraly points out that she might get bored, Violet shakes her head, denying that such a thing could happen.
"But, mortals are so often interesting. Well, not all of them, but you are. Why would I get bored?"
She seems somewhat confused as to how such a thing could happen. After all, she very rarely got bored. And Irraly seemed like so much fun!

Violet beams as Irraly compliments her, hardly noticing the sliding of her feet, as Irraly gently pushed her closer to the finger of interest. Indeed, so absorbed in her study of the strange finger was Violet that she barely noticed the movement of the hand, looking up just as Irraly's lips touched her own. A jolt of worry flowed down Violet's spine as she considered, for the first time, that maybe Irraly was going to eat her, but then she remembered that thing the human did to the nymph, and realized that Irraly was doing the same thing, and she relaxed, enjoying the new sensation.

"Are you sure? They are very dangerous, carrying us off, and then dropping us when they realize that they can't eat us. Getting lost is not fun! Well, usually, anyway."
When Irraly mentions mushrooms as big as trees, Violet's eyes go wide as she tries to imagine such a enormous mushroom, and fails.
"But... that would be a really, really big mushroom! What do they taste like? Mushrooms here are sometimes yummy, sometimes not."

Post Balion
As Irraly reassures her that she is fine, Violet relaxes for a moment, before she tries to remove the vines, working hard(although, not really doing all that much)
However, when Irraly offers to show her her home, Violet smiles.
"That would be great! Can we please go to your home? I have seen my home, but never yours! Besides, I am not supposed to show outsiders where we live, which is sad, really."

Christine Daae
2013-08-04, 11:22 PM
Thank you very much Archmage1, yours have been really great as well.

I like the idea and it feels more mysterious if she choose not to answer many more questions, it makes it appear like a game then to the two of them. After all Violet so far knows more about her then she does about Violet.

Your post was perfectly fine Archmage1 and I understand, waiting for my posts is a bit draining at times.

As Violet seems to become a turret of never ending questions a whimsical laugh can be heard from Irraly as she looks at the fey in her hand. All in time I promise Violet. She says hoping it would appeal to her curiosity and keep her coming back. And I would be happy to teach you Violet. But the ceremony is over for the night. It is not long before the bright light rises up into the sky, and I can not really see that well in it. It hurts my eyes. She says a bit sad. Why don't we talk about you for a little bit? Irraly asks kindly trying to keep her new friend happy as well as know as much about her as Violet knew about her.

As Violet says she could get the others to help her make it and that it got cold during winter Irraly looked at her confused. What is winter? And if it will make you happy I guess I could allow you and your friends to do so. But then I must return the favor somehow. I will not accept something without giving something in return. Irraly says making it clear she did not want to feel like she owed a debt to anyone, even the innocent fey. Do you not find me lovely now the way I am? She asks a teasing in her voice very clear,

As Violet shakes her small head no, her blue hair seeming to shimmer in the moonlight she can not help but find joy in the company of such a creature. I am much longer livid then other mortals, and if I tell you to much to soon, we will soon run out of things to talk about. We have a few centuries I promise. You will know all I do in time.

As Violet gave no resistance to her finger moving her small frame closer until Violets small beautiful body was almost wrapped around the finger she had been running her hand up and down Irraly smiled inwardly. She would indeed have a lot of fun with this one. When their kiss ended Irraly smiled at Violet. I hope you did not mind, it was just what you were doing was so beautiful and I wanted to repay you and was not sure how. she says a bit shy all of a sudden as she did not want to hurt her new friend with the ways she had been taught.

I promise Violet. Irraly says as her other hand moves to play with her hair. I will not let those mean old owls steal you away from me, after all I do not like sharing that which I like and find appealing. You happen to be both. She says with her other hand once more playing with Violets legs, as her other hand plays with her hair. Most of them were deadly to eat, though a few were used for food. Irraly replies continuing to try and make her new friend happy.

As Violet agrees to come home with her that night a smile comes to her face after the encounter of a few moments ago. As I said it is not much Violet, but what I can do for you there will be worth it if you are willing. She says lifting the half fey up to her ample breasts so that she would at least have a very safe and cozy trip back to her cave.

AlanBruce
2013-08-05, 05:27 AM
@Violet & Irraly: After an encounter with Mad Balion and the sight of a mysterious stag, you both establish a good friendship.

After all, elves and fey are not too different. Lore claims one is an offshoot of the other. Distilled in the waters of time, differentiated only by a long lifespan and an eternal one.

Violet is quite content to find Irraly's ample bosom most comforting as the dark maiden makes her way to the cave and cuddles with you beneath the rocks and roots.

Cycles would go by...

The Fey Woods, large as it was, began to expose some of the secrets to both of you.

Violet was most content taking you to see the Old Shepherd, the oldest tree in the woods. Said to be the very first as well, a direct descendant to Emmantiessen, patron god of treants.

Sadly, as with all old trees, this one was asleep. And had been for a few years.

This did not stop Violet from crowning his bough with flowers, to which the old tree just snored and made a sound akin to a chuckle.

Balion was not seen during this time, having perhaps secluded himself further into the woods. And a good thing that happened, since such a beautiful primeval world should not be marred by a madman like him.

The sun never did forgive Irraly's heritage, however. No matter how long she was under the sun. Even with the thick canopy above shedding thin rays of light from above.

As for the the Hunt, it was always a glorious event. Violet ever watchful and trying to catch up as you raced through the shadows, blade in hand and nothing more, chanting to the Dark Maiden and leaping gracefully into the air, before bringing down your pray with a single strike.

A curious fellow began to pop up now and then as well. Bigger than violet, no less curious.

Gigglemug, a pixie as he called himself. The great messenger and liason to the Covens, and a decent performer with the harp himself. Many a night both you and the small fey would sit under a tree and play a song that lasted hours.

On some ocassions the white stag would appear a few feet away, only to disappear again.

"I have seen you hunting, Irraly. And you are good. Maybe even better than..."

Gigglemug looks around and mocks Balion's face, using his hands to stick out of his head like crazy dreadlocks.

"I must ask, however. That you do not hunt that one. She isn't a regular stag. I myself have little information about it. Neither Uwellyn nor Cassyllyn will speak about it."

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 06:45 AM
This is assuming that Alan's post kind of ends that interaction.
I believe that the Stag conversation is meant for Irraly, mostly, but Violet will relate a brief story.
I have very little time, though.
Also... stags are male.

Pre-Balion
When Irraly asks for Violet to tell a bit about herself, Violet, smiles, looking happy, glad that Irraly was interested in her, but, alas, some sense told her that there was not enough time for such things at the moment. However, she, curiously, asks a simple question.
"The sunlight hurts your eyes? But it helps the flowers so much!"

When Irraly agrees to let the Petals make a dress for her, Violet smiles, happy, as she knew exactly what Irraly could give in return.
"I know! You could tell us about where you came from! Or give us rides! That would be fair, right? Of course you are lovely, but if we make the dress correctly, you will be even more lovely. Plus, it would be fun! And I have so many questions to ask."
At the reminder that Irraly would live for centuries, Violet smiles.
"But... I thought that all the mortals only lived for a few dozen years. The others are always warning about not talking to mortals, it only leads to pain, but if you live for that long..."
As the kiss ended, and the sensations came to an end, Violet looks at the giant smile, and into the large, glittering eyes.
"Of course I didn't mind. It was fun, and interesting, and new, and fun!"
As Irraly plays with Violets hair and legs, the poor fey squirms, laughing, her words difficult to understand, due to the giggles flowing from her.
"No owls?"
The rest of her words, alas, were so mangled by the laughter and squirming to be impossible to understand, but, clearly, Violet did not mind too much.

Post Balion
"Visiting other people is always fun! There are always new things."
As Violet finds herself lifted up to the bare breasts, she looks at them, amazed by their size, and the purity of their color.
"Woa! Those are big! And soft, and smooth..."
Violet secures herself in the cleft between the two mounds, carefully using her knees to keep herself from falling out, and her arms across the tops.

A long time later
As Gigglemug asks Irraly to not hunt the stag, Violet, who was passing by, looking for Uwellyn, chimes in.
"Hey, he is a nice stag. He gave me a really, really fun ride once. I have never moved so quickly, and it was lots of fun! Don't hurt him, please?"
She looks up at Irraly, her eyes puppy-dog wide.

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 08:35 AM
Before Balion

Irraly could see that her idea had worked as the small fey grew a smile on her face, but it seemed curiosity won out this battle as Violet asked her about the sun hurting her eyes. As I said Violet I come from a world of darkness, much different then your own. Their are no...flowers, she says picking one up and bringing it to her nose to smell, pricking her finger on it without even realizing it could harm her until it was to late. All we have our mushrooms. And the few that make light attract the predators of my world so we do well to stay away.

I think giving each of you rides would be more appropriate, my home world may have many beauties, but it is not a forgiving or kind place. I would not want to scare you our your friends, and because of that I will not even tell you some of the things to save you from the nightmares. Irraly says hoping Violet would understand and not push the matter, but knowing the small fey she would in time, curiosity would win out in time. Hearing that Violet finds her lovely and that the dress is to only make her more so brings back that shine into Irralys eye, how could creatures be so kind on the surface. No malice in the world, she thought to herself as she responded. While you and your friends are making the dress I will do my best to tell you all stories. she says kindly to Violet so happy she had meet her.

I do not know about any of the races up here besides my surface cousins I have only heard of in horror stories Violet so I can not say for them, but almost all the creatures of my world live long lives, if they are not killed by one another first at least. she says remembering the drow way of life. To move forward you had to kill the person ahead of you, and thus always had to watch your own back.

Happy to hear Violet enjoyed the kiss, and that she found it interesting and fun Irraly smiled warmly to her as she said softly, I could teach you many other things as well if you enjoyed that Violet. Many many more. her fingers like magic began to work on Violet, never undressing her, merely keeping her squirming and not able to talk. No owls, Irraly agrees kissing the small fey, as her fingers continue their dance with her.

After Balion

As Violet looks on in amazement, Irraly can not help but get a grin on her face, she had already corrupted this poor fey, and Violet did not even know it yet. Worst fo all she did not even know why she had done it. As Violet commented on her breast being large and smooth she looked down at the small fey, and the ample chest she had on her. I am sure if we were both the same size you would find yours much larger then my own. Perhaps I could find a spell to help us both, you to get larger for a small amount of time, and me smaller. she says as Violet begins moving around getting comfortable. Oh yes this fey would learn what a drow female could do, she thought as she made her way back home. Her mind already running wild with the things she would try to do to the Violet.

A Long time later

Sure enough Irraly had needed that dress come winter, though it was often found off when violet was over. Sure the fey could do very little for her, but the fact she tried made it all worth it to her.

As Violet tells Irraly that the stag had given her a nice ride one day and she had never moved so fast a soft white eyebrow raised up as if saying would you like me to prove you wrong. Then turning to Glimmermug she says, I promise Iwill not kill it. As for huntig it, I must. It is the greatest and fairest creature I have seen except for Violet herself. And as such I owe it, as well as the Dark madien the right of a good and proper hunt. And if I d catch it, she says looking to Violet. I will consider the debt I owe it complete for all those years earlier. she finishes, knowing at least Violet would understand. Violet had taught her so much over the last 74 years of her life. And she had grown to love Violet in return for all she had done, though made it clear to her that she would not be tied down, and did not expect Violet to feel she had to be as well. But Violet was her number one, always.

So shall we be doing one with the covens as well?

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 09:03 AM
Pre-Balion
When Irraly explained that there were no flowers, Violet looks horrified, as though she can't even comprehend such a thing, and, indeed, she can't.
"No... No flowers? But... How? A world without flowers..."
Her voice trails off as she tries to comprehend such a thing. And fails.

Violet, as is usual, is quite excited, especially at the prospect of getting a ride. So much different than her usual darting form of movement.
"Rides are lots of fun, but all the nymphs and dryads and pixies always complain if we ask for them too much! I don't think you are scary at all, so how could you scare us?"
When Violet agrees to let the petals make a dress, in exchange for stories, Violet dances in joy, as she loves stories.

Once more, Violet seems to be horrified on Irraly's behalf.
"Horror stories only? But... that would be terrible? Where are the fun stories, like the adventures of Mouse, or the kind owl?"

Alas, before Violet can explain more about the kiss, Irraly keeps playing with her, leaving her unable to do much more than writhe under the pleasure of it. She had never experienced anything like this before!

Post Balion
As Irraly points out the possibility of using size changing magics to become more similar, Violet's mind whirls with the possibilities.
She could look under bigger rocks, and no owl would try and steal her! Amazing.
She leans back, and looks up at Irraly, smiling.
"That could be lots of fun! It would let us do so many new things!"

A Long time Later
As Irraly compliments her, Violet smiles, always liking being called great, and fair. She also nods, understanding indeed Irraly's silly concepts of debt and obligation.
"If you catch him, maybe he will let you catch a ride! It's lots of fun! I have never moves so fast before."
Violet, after her brief interjection, continues on her merry way, waving goodbye to the pair as she flies off.

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 09:19 AM
As the look of horror comes across Violets face Irraly shakes her head, gently trying to comfort they fey with her fingers. I told you my home was not a beautiful one like yours Violet. she says gently hoping that she understood her now.

My people are not as kind as I am, I am a very rare exception and they tried to kill me for it. That is why I left and came up here. She says gently before adding. As for rides, I would be happy to, maybe more as well if they are all like you. Irraly says with a seductive smile.

As the look of horror returns Irraly shakes her head. When we wake up I will explain to you more about my people, in time you will understand the only beauty they have is superficial and only on the outside. They are not like our surface cousins if I am to go by the stories and my own personal experience with my own kind. Irraly says gently as to not worry her new friend.

After Balion

As the possibility seem to jump to both of their minds a small impish grin comes to her face as she admits. Indeed it would be lots of fun. Though new things, not to many at least for you. What you could do in return though... she says with a smile, kissing the fey once more.

Years later

I would not want a ride, though I may have to remind you of the meaning of fast. she says knowing she would catch up to the petal later and make her squirm until she admitted who was the best.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 09:32 AM
Pre-Balion
Violet, alas, is still quite confused, having trouble comprehending a world in which flowers, a cornerstone of her life, don't exist.
"How could anyone live like that? I mean... Flowers are life! They show the beauty and love the world holds for us!"
Alas, it is unlikely that Irraly is going to be able to change Violet's mind on this point.

When Irraly explains that her people tried to kill her for being nice, Violet looks outraged, glaring around, almost as though she is thinking that those responsible are in the area still.
"How could they do such a thing? Try and get rid of someone, just because she is nice! They must be quite mean."
As Irraly brings the topic back to the subject of rides, Violet brightens, smiling.
"Thanks! We all love rides. Hanging on while you move around is always fun. All of us, especially the young ones, love it! I can't wait to tell the others!"

As Irrally offers to explain more, Violet is satisfied... for now, nodding in agreement.
"Ok, that sounds like fun. I can tell you about us as well!"

After Balion
As Irraly pulls her out from between her breasts to kiss her, Violet is surprised, but she enjoys the kiss once more, this time, daring to try touching with her tongue, gently licking Irraly's lips, curiously.
"I think I can return the fun, I hope. You are a bit bigger than me, though."

Years later
"But... rides are almost always fun! And his rides, even more so! Everything blurs, he is so fast!"
Violet squirms slightly, as she is reminded of the many nights the two have shared, as she darts out of sight.

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 10:08 AM
As Violet asks how people could be so mean Irraly only shrugs her shoulder. As I told you, I am an oddity of my race. They are filled with malice little one. A malice which I hope you never have to endure. Irraly says gently. Sure it bothered her a bit that her mother and sister had tried to kill her and turn her into one of those disgusting driders, but it was their way, and they could not find a way to see beyond themselves to the beauty of the world. Now how many are their of you exactly? Irraly asks getting a bit worried she would be covered by the small little creatures called petals, though now that she thought about it the sensation of them all on her skin would feel blissful.

After Balion

Irraly is a bit surprised as Violet's little tongue darts out liking her soft full lips. Oh violet as long as you keep doing what you have been since we meet I can see nothing better. Irraly says smiling remembering the feelings of her dancing on her hand, or when her hand began stroking Irraly's finger gently. And lastly the feel of her tongue. Do not worry about me, little one, you have already done so much for me, I only hope I do not cause you any pain. With luck when I am stronger I will have a way to remedy our situation and I will be able to show you everything I know. she says playfully placing the fey back between her breasts to enjoy the rest of the ride to her home, beginning to run, which bounced Violet up and down as her breast rose and fell. The sensation felt wonderful.

It seemed only ten minutes before they made it back to her home where she quickly undressed to be comfortable, letting Violet explore as she did so.

Years later

Irraly can not help but smile at Violets persistence. They had become close friends and good lovers together over the years, growing more accustomed to each other as time passed. Maybe then. She said watching Violet go, keeping a close eye on her making sure no owls came to try and swoop her up. Well Glimmermug, do the covens wish to see me today before I start the great hunt on the next night?

AlanBruce
2013-08-05, 10:22 AM
@Violet & Irraly: One fine afternoon, you find both sitting under a tree. It is Autumn and the forest has acquired a nice reddish tone, although some trees refuse to accept the passage of time and remain verdant as ever.

As you lay with your back against the tree, you regret nothing. Leaving the Underdark and ending in this small batch of paradise was the best idea you could possibly have come up with.

That's when Gigglemug appears out of thin air.

"You two. You need to come to the Eastern Coven, now. Violet, you know the way. Please make haste!"

The pixie looks frightened, even more pale than usual.

Then, he disappears.

Growls can be heard echoing far off in the woods.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 10:29 AM
Violet does the only thing she can, in an effort to re-assure Irraly.
"I'm sorry that they were mean to you."
Still, she soon brightens up, when asked about how many petals there are, she smiles, once more looking happy, and animated
"Lots! There are the Tulips, and the Violets, of course, and the Daffies, and the Orchids, and many more. But the older ones all care for the gardens, at least, until they decide to travel, although we never see them again after that, so they must be having a wonderful time!"
Violet's innocent worldview is almost infectious, as she simply assumes that the petals that leave are all off having a wonderful time, where ever they go.

After Balion
Violet smiles as Irraly reveals that she is having as much fun as Violet is, and she solemnly looks at the far larger drow.
"Of course! But this is fun too, but... why does strength have anything to do with it?"
In between the running Irraly's breasts, Violet laughs, having a truly fine time on the way, occasionally shifting as she slips down slightly as sweat slickens Irraly's breasts.

Once they arrive, Violet excitedly darts around, exploring the small cave, her fey eyes allowing her to see reasonably well in the dimly lit cave.

I don't have access to her sheet right now, and I am not sure if she can cast light, so, this.

Gigglemug Meeting
Enjoying the fine day, sunning, lying on a branch above Irraly, who was still trying to get used to the sun(at Violet's insistence), Violet is quite surprised as Gigglemug suddenly appears, falling out of the tree. However, her wings soon catch her, and she goes to ask Gigglemug more, but, sadly, he vanishes again, as he is wont to do. Hearing the growls, Violet seems confused.
"Ok, but... what are those growls?"
She darts off, momentarily heading in the direction of the growls, before the importance of her mission hit her, and send her careening towards the coven.
"This way, Irraly"(who probably knows the way as well)

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 10:37 AM
As Autumn comes once more to the woods Irraly knows that soon Anzrail's sister would be coming back, though she had not talked to her friend in some time as no one had come to her grove to fed her. And Irraly was to afraid to with her so hungry.

As Irraly turns her head to look over at Violet, and thinks back on the last few decades she can not think of anything better. the fey had brought much joy to her life, and through her she had learned many things about the surface and made even more friends. Though only a few shared the same bound she had with Violet, none were as strong. Just looking at Violet as they laid against the tree awoke her darker side that wanted to twist every inch of pleasure out of her.

but as always Glimmermug had picked up a knack for arriving at some of the worst times, a trait she did not find desirable and thus the reason he did not know where she livid, only the general area to find her in. As his words come out though and his body seems paler then normal I quickly done my armor along with a few spells before picking up violet and letting her get comfortable as I run towards our friends, hoping everything was ok. Though when I heard the growls echoing in the woods I knew something was terribly wrong, no one had come to these woods in a long time, Balion made sure of that she knew. So what were these odd voices. All these thoughts raced through her head as she ran at full speed towards the coven, the Petal safely secured in between her breasts.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 10:39 AM
:smallbiggrin:
Strictly to get our posts to work together

As Violet darts off, Irraly manages, barely, to catch her, securing her in one of her favorite places to ride, especially when Irraly is running.

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 10:52 AM
Seems like we posted at the same time.

Irraly was touched by Violets affection and senserity behind her words. All things she was not used to and did not know how to respond to well. After all the last time she had tried she felt a whip against her back, and snake fangs digging into her, injecting their poison into her blood. Hearing that were lots of other Petals like Violet though brought a smile to her face. I may not be able to take them all at once if there are as many as you say, but I am willing to try for you. Irraly says as she looks up at the moon, thanking the Dark madien for such a friend.

After Balion

This is indeed fun, but if my mind grows stronger, I can make the discomfort go away as we are closer to the same size. she says gently hoping Violet understood. Irraly could not help but giggle every now and then as violet adjusted herself, her small feat and wings tickling her as she made sure she did not fall out.

After Violet is done exploring Irraly goes and lays down on the soft bed she had made out of an old cloak and some grass, it was not the best thing, but it was enough for her at least. Violet I have something else to show you, its over here. Irraly says waiting for the fey to come over, If we are going to dance together naked it seems only fair that since you have seen me I see you. Irally says watching Violet behind half closed lavender eyes.

Don't know where you wanted Violet to land so I left it vague. I think we may have to stop soon though...I don't know your age and don't want to get in trouble.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 11:08 AM
When Irraly confirms that she is willing to give the other petals, Violet grinns, really happy that she would be able to tell the others the good news: A big willing to give them rides! They would love it!
"Oh, Thank you! They will be very, very glad to hear that!"

After Balion
Violet nods in understanding, as she considers the possibilities: Being bigger could be lots of fun, after all.

In the Cave:

I am of age, however, the forum rules are fairly explicit in not going too much further. Basically, just leave it at ... as things get interesting.
So, probably one or two more back and fourths on this subject until it gets too risque for the forums.

In the cave, after Violet has fun flying around, exploring it, Violet sees the old cloak and grass that Irraly is using a bed, and looks sad. Everyone should have somewhere comfortable to sleep, after all.
Reaching into a small pouch, Violet soon produces a pillow, one sized for Irraly, as well as a large woven blanket, which she carries in case she runs into travelers. After all, everyone should have a good night's sleep! She gives them to Irraly.

Afterwards, she flies down, and lands on Irraly's smooth stomach, her feet tickling as she walks towards her head, before she takes a seat on a breast.
As she does so, she deftly slides out of her tattered dress, revealing a stunning form. She carefully slides across the breast, using the handhold available to steady herself, and places the dress off to Irraly's side, before sliding back. Once there, centered, Violet does a short dance, showing off her skills. Sadly, however, she is mislead by the seemingly smooth skin, slipping, and falling, landing on a breast before she starts laughing.
[roll0] dance
"What do you think?"

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 11:21 AM
In the cave

As violet pulls out the blanket and pillow she lies them down in place of her old belongings. Thank you violet, you have been a very good friend. I will treasure these gifts. she says not sure how to react to such a gift as the feys feet land on her smooth stomach and begin tickling her as Violet makes her way to Irralys head. Stopping to sit on her breast to take of her dress revealing a marvelous form, much like a drows, but so much different at the same time. And as she grabbed onto Irraly her eyes open wide, looking like she was in pure ecstasy. Epically when Viollet begins sliding over her to place her dress off to the side.

When Violet performs her little dance and falls, it brings a lot of pleasure to her as she looks at the fey. I think it is my turn to return the favor. Irraly says before all goes dark.

Have to love the darkness spell, it works so well here.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 11:33 AM
In the Cave
When Irraly accepts the gifts of blanket and pillow, Violet smiles, glad that she got to do what her upbringing taught her as the right thing to do.
"Of course! Everyone should be able to enjoy a nice rest!"

And... guessing that works for a stopping point. I think taking it to the point of running hands over things(non-specific things) is ok, but much further... but ok.

I think we are nearing the end of their introduction, so I included some fairly complete events, that I suspect will happen, and can best be left to the imagination.

Violet and Irraly have a fine time, before, eventually, falling asleep, Violet curled up on Irraly's stomach. However, she awakens at first light, and looks upon her sleeping, enjoyable friend, and carefully moves off of her, causing Irraly to stir, slightly, at the tickling sensation. However, the light footed and sneaky petal is able to move away without waking Irraly, and she once more reaches into her bag, pulling out a beautiful garland of flowers, and carefully placing it around Irraly's head, before leaving, to tell the petals her adventures, and of Irraly's offer to give them rides.

She later returns, around noon, with a gaggle of petals, all grinning with glee at the chance of getting a ride on Irraly.

Assuming Irraly is willing to let them hold on as she runs around, they have a fine time, with Violet joining in. They, of course, take turns.

That evening, after the other petals have returned, Violet returns for a dance lesson, dancing beneath the stars, before returning to a certain cave, for another sort of dancing.

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 11:41 AM
Seems fine to me. Now its AlanBruces turn with the Western (or was it Eastern) Coven

AlanBruce
2013-08-05, 09:24 PM
@Irraly & Violet: As the growls echo through teh primeval forest, it becomes evident that these are no natural sounds.

Having both lived here for decades, you have learnt to recognize a wolf howling or a bear growl.

Yet these...these seem out of place.

As both rush through the undergrowth, guided by Violet to teh Eastern Coven, where finally, Irraly will have a chance to be admitted, you both stop at a clearing.

Yet something is wrong here.

The place is dried up. Roots lie withered and covered in sand around you. An extreme heat permeates the air, despite the time of year. No animals can be heard around. Everything is still and quiet.

Then, you see him and his grim retinue.

A tall man, clad in white tattered robes, clearly attire from somewhere else. The man wears a white turban with a black gem and you can swera he weras some sort of armor beneath his grey white cloak.

His face, however. Unlike anything seen. at least in this forest.

It is dessicated and dry. Leathery. Hollow sockets house a pair of burning golden embers for eyes.

By his side, you see a group of about ten creatures. These are dressed in tattered white rags and look humanoid, except for a contorted visage and dried skin, showing extreme musculature. Two of the creatures wear armor and weapons, with black cloaks. Others wear simple peasant clothing, but most carry the white ttared rags, trailing salt in their wake.

The group is 60ft. away from you as the man in white and turban, clearly their leader, fixes his gaze upon the two of you and places points at both as the group of monsters growl.

Know Religion and Planes to ID him and the creatures

"Interesting. It would seem that this forest is indeed a bounty of creatures for me to turn. A dark elf, no less. The gnat...she is inconsequential."

Violet, roll a Will or be shakened for 1 round

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 09:38 PM
[roll0] know religion
[roll1] know: planes
[roll2] will

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 09:51 PM
As soft soft footfalls of Irraly made their way through the forest she began casting a myriad of spells to protect herself as she heard the unnatural growls, praying to Eilistraee for both guidance and protection. Could they be running into the mad druid Balion? Had he gone to far this time and the covens finally needed her help? Irraly's mind was a rush of thoughts as her soft feet made there way through the forest she had come to call a home, and the creatures that livid there her friends. Whatever the threat was she would make sure to do all she could to protect those under her care, even if the self proclaimed Guardian would not.

It was not long until the two of them entered a clearing, one that only hours earlier had not been their. Clearings don't just form like this though and dry up. Anzrail's lake feds the whole entire woods, and why is it so hot? It should be getting cool now. Irraly thinks to herself as her eyes scan around the forest that was as bright as the morning to her and her lavender eyes. It did not take long for her to find the problem as she saw a group of ten hideous creatures, all dried up in different outfits. Though they all seemed to have humanoid like shapes. Then there was the one, taller then the others, and in tattered robes from some place she had never seen or heard of. Atop his head is some odd looking hat, with a black gem. Casting a quick spell she calls out from the darkness that she was hoping would hide her from their view. Halt, you and your creatures are not welcome here. Leave now and no one gets hurt. Your presence is disturbing the natural order of things, and I can not allow it, even if Balion has not stopped you, I will not let you go any farther. She says her spell complete as an invisible field of arcane energy surrounds her granting her some mild protection.

Standard action to cast shield making AC 23
Hide check [roll0]
Move silently check [roll1]
Knowledge Religion Check [roll2]
Knowledge the planes [roll3]

Move action drawing sword

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 09:53 PM
Violet, worried by the growls, looks around nervously as Irraly carries her closer and closer to their destination, eventually reaching it, where Violet lets out a cry of shock and horror.
The former pristine grove, with the nymph bathing pools, the dryad trees, the wildly growing flowers she had scattered years ago... all gone. With only sand, and death there to greet what used to be an example of all that it is to be fey.
Only after seeing the horror that was done on this lovely place does Violet even notice the visitors. But they are not the sorts of visitors to bring groups of merry petals, eager to ensure that any visitors have a good rest, no, they are already dead, and are beyond any such thing.
Violet had never seen undead before, but, such creatures, they could only be the antithesis of life described by Uwellyn and Casyllyn, the undead. But... how could such a thing have gotten here?

Confused, and horrified, Violet hears the speaking, but the voice seems to strum something deep inside her, as though she was a discordant note. All she wanted to do was to hide, and hope the thing does not notice.

[roll0] hide

Flying out from Irraly's bosom, she flies behind her, her harp striking up a defiant, hopeful tune, a small pendant, a reward from Uwellyn for a job well done, seems to sparkle out of place

Moving behind Irraly, casting Inspirational Boost, activating bardic music(+2), hiding, ending turn, and the using the badge of valor as an immediate, bringing it up to a 3.
So, Irraly and Violet both get +3 to attack and damage, and +3 to saves vs charm and fear.
(not that it matters, but...)
[roll1] perform(the harp)
[roll2] perform(singing)

AlanBruce
2013-08-05, 10:38 PM
@Violet & Irraly: You take a look at the leader of these creatures and his udnead entourage.

A perversion of all that was once good and holy. This creature was once an aasimar, a descendant of an angel. It's bloodline thinned through ages and now retaining a sliver of divine ancestry.

Yet that is now only a facadde, for this creature has embraced a most foul ritual of undeath, becoming a dry lich. An undead caster from the Sea of Sands. Able to wither everything with his mere presence and unsettle his foes, something Violet feels immediately.

Death. Unavoidable death and the promise of a horrible fate afterwards.

As for his grim group. Salt Mummies. Creatures transformed through a vile rite known by Dry Liches, such as this one. They shed all humanity and become twisted abominations bent on spreading a Dry Wasting with their touch alone, as well as being able to heal at an amazing rate.

"You would dare challenge a Seneschal, drow? Truly, you are out of your league. As for the Guardian...hahahhahahhahaa. How do you think I wander these wretched woods unopposed? I have been having a jolly good time with the fey here. Too bad they make lousy servants. You, however..."

The monster in white raises his withered hand and a gust of dry air washes where both are hiding, confident in not having been found.

The leaves and flowers dry immediately, giving away your location as the moisture from your own bodies is sucked away, as if you had been thrown into a furnace. Irraly's innate resistance to magic seems to be ineffective against this enemy as the creatures behind him growl in anticipation.

Mass Dessicate 20 Fortitude for half

Once the spell weakens you considerably, the monster signals to one of his lackeys.

"You know where to meet us. I want the elf dead and brought to me."

The mosnter walks away with his group as the single mummy left behind growls and prepares to do his master's bidding.

Initiative:

Violet

Irraly

Salt Mummy

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 11:10 PM
Fortitude save [roll0] Oh please don't make me take 20 damage, that will really hurt. No good Spell resistance, what did I pay +2 level adjustment for if you wont work. (Not blaming you AlanBruce)

As Irraly looks at the creature she remembers the tale the man named the Wandering minstrel had told her about a great place filled with sand and how unlike the male wizards who wished to gain power became undead known as liches, that there were people in the sands who had their own kind, who were even more deadly.

As the dry lich speaks the lavender light that is normally calm and shining bright like a star grows dark as her heritage begins to come out, something that only seemed to happen around men who thought they were above her. To offer a coward like you that would resort to such a cowardly move to escape death would show shame upon myself. And to even let a male think they are stronger then me, be happy I no longer have my whip or you would learn your place, instead I will have to make do with my blade. Irraly says as she takes on a stance from one of her dances, ready to do battle. How could Balion let this creature walk around yet he had tried to kill her. He was openly destroying the guardians world and killing its inhabitants. Would he just stand by.... and thats when her mind though of her other Petal friends, and Anzrail, all those fey she had cared for, and realization struck her as she realized where she was standing. He had destroyed the coven and their grove. Outrage and pain filled Irralys very soul, as a heartfelt plea went out to her goddess to guide them into the afterlife and protect them from the harm that had been caused to them by such a fowl being.

As his dry hand rises and their hiding spot becomes like the rest of the now open space Irraly is surprised the spell got by her magical protection that was inborn into her very blood. Not many could do so, and she knew that he must have traded a lot to wield such power.

AlanBruce
2013-08-05, 11:22 PM
@Violet: You watch the verdant plants shrivel and yu feel your body stiffening as the moisture is drawn out, but you manage to, by sheer luck, shrug off the nastier effects.

half damage for Violet

@Irraly: The Seneschal walks away and turns his golden eyes on you.

"You must certainly be an outcast if you are here. Thank the spider queen that you have crossed paths with me. Your life is about to become a lot more useful from now until the end of time."

The monster lets out a dry croaking laughter as a few birds fly off, panicked.

"And here I thought I would face competition. Killing the Western Coven was a mere practice, like you now. However, my real prize lies deeper in. Make this one suffer for her words."

The Salt Mummy, now alone, growls as his steps leave a parched ground where it stands, dripping sand and salt from its cracked lips.

Christine Daae
2013-08-05, 11:49 PM
Indeed it will for my soul shall not rest until you are nothing more then a memory. I will destroy you and avenge those that you have killed here today, and when I am done with you, I will get the fool who let you do this to those he claimed to protect. Irraly says not caring what he has to say at this moment or any other, at this time the Dance of an avenging Maiden was upon her, and it would lead to the downfall of anything that tried to stop her from avenging her friends.

As The coward flees with the rest leaving one of his minions to face me I shake my head pitting the poor creature as it had no idea what it was in for as I began to sing and dance. My whole body becoming a whirl of movement as my blade danced this way and that, my hair swirling around my body like a shield (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdcjZEl2qyA)

Charge Attack (Smite) [roll0] damage [roll1] PA for -6 to attack +12 to damage all added in

Perform (Dance) [roll2]
Perform (Sing) [roll3]

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 12:00 AM
@Irraly: Betrayal. Balion had betrayed his sacred duty to the Fey Woods and allowed this...thing to come in and despoil the good land that had embraced you.

Looking up at Violet, you see she keeps playing her harp and then you shut your eyes for a brief second, remembering the Dance taught so many moons ago by The Drak maiden herself.

The forest becomes a blur of yellow, green, and brown as you rush the monster and, true to your drow heritage, cut the beast through the chest, a perfect slice, tempered in gold as your hair swirls about, knocking the beast back a few feet and having landing you perfectly with your back turned to him and blade raised high, dripping chuncks of salt. A vicious smile draws on your face as the mummy growls in pain.

Then, you turn and watch from the corner of your eye as most of the damage is healed. True to the tales, these beasts can cure fatal wounds very quickly.

You can only hope you are quicker than him.

The beast pulls back his salt encrusted fist and growls at you as he lunges forth, heading for your perfect obsidian face.

Ducking just in time, in a flurry of white and black, you manage to dodge the monster's attack as his fist leaves a reasonable crack on the ground, inches away from you.

And back to you. Remember the bonuses from Violet

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 12:16 AM
@Irraly: Violet watches the fight from above and winces as the beast's punch cracks through the ground, nearly hitting you.

The tiny fey flies behind you and places her hand on your back.

"Do not resist, please. I have faith in you..."

Then, your body begins to alter its form, slightly,as evidenced by the mummy's reaction and angered frustration.

A mild illusion, but one that should keep you safe for a few minutes.

Blur (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blur)

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 12:19 AM
Irraly watched as the wound slowly healed, never stopping her dance or singing as once more she went into the next phase of the dance, the creature would fall she thought as she remembered all the fey who called this grove home. All the work Violet had told her, that she and the other Petals had put into decorating with flowers of all kinds. No this abomination could not stand, nor would it as my blade lashed out slashing once more at it trying to sever a body part this time.

Not sure if their are rules for actually cutting of body parts, but a girl can try

Attack roll [roll0] PA-4 from attack +8 to damage already applied

Damage [roll1]

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 12:33 AM
@Irraly: Washed with Violet's arcane blessing, You become the Dark Maiden herself as your blade swipes at the creature, dancing around it's salt encrusted body with renewed vigor and confidence.

Sadly, the monster isn't as mindless, as it holds on to your blade with its thick hand and brushes it away.

The creature then retaliates, but once again, your white hair gets in his way as his punch whizzes past you, trailing sure death, should it hit.

Violet flutters a few feet back and and takes a handful of pollen which sprinkles around the beast.

The mummy, covered in glowing pollen growls as his eyes, now shut, shed salt instead of tears. Blind now and unable to hide. However, his wounds are nearly patched up as the foul healing process these mosnters have takes effect once more.

Glitterdust

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 12:41 AM
Seeing the creature brush her blade aside does not stop the maiden in her dance as she swivels around the beast until she was right back where she began slashing at its left leg as she comes down. The song getting louder and louder. She does not stop to see if it hits though as she continues the dance. Knowing that soon one of them would get lucky. And hoping it was her.

Lets try this again now that it is blind thanks to a beautiful Fey keeping me alive.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Please hit........

7 rounds left of shield.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 12:50 AM
@Irraly: You slash at the monster again and this one growls as more salted blood trickles down its dried chest.

The beast calms down and sniffs the air as a smile breaks off his chapped lips and the strike goes through his blindness and your illusion.

A powerful strike. One that drains the moisture from you.

23 damage plus dehydrating strike 14 damage, fortitude DC 19 for half

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 01:05 AM
Fortitude save [roll0]

As the sound of trickling sand comes to Irralys ears a smile plays at her dark eyes only to be replaced with pain as she turns to strike once more and gets hit in the chest, hard to as it seemed to turn her right breast a bit rougher and gave it a leathery appearance. Using the powers of her anklets she teleports 10ft back in a cloud of purple to reappear holding onto her wounds that seem to be closing and healing as she holds on of her hands to it. She knew it would give the creature time to recover, but she had to do it.

Will post HP once I know how much you dealt 28hp total left thanks to lay on hands

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 01:33 AM
@Violet: The tiny petal, ascends 20ft and watches you get seriously hit, but is relieved to watch you alter space time to move ten feet back, leaving a purple haze in your wake.

"You will not harm her!"

The tiny petal squezzes a piece of pork rind in her hands and a puddle of grease bubbles itself under the monster's feet.

The creature, blinded, glittering and now in jeopardy to fall, stamps his foot on the ground and moves away from Irraly, still blinded and walking awakwardly away from the greased area.

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 01:42 AM
Thank you Violet, I am fine really. Irraly says to Violet in between her song as she looks at the mummy, how the hell was it still moving she thought as she moved closer to it taunting it with her song. As another aura surrounds her, this one with a purple light that lights up her skin and makes it gleam.

Moving to withing 10ft of it so it Provokes an AoO when it comes near me, and readying an action to teleport away when it attacks. Also using my standard action to cast protection from evil. +2 to AC and Saves against evil. Including that hurtful mummy who should die.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 01:51 AM
@Irraly: The situation is critical. Through Eilistraees's blessing, you have managed to heal some of your wounds.

And to think this is only one...

The creature moves in blindly and you spin quickly around, slashing its throat, hopeful to stop that amddening growling

24 damage to it from AoO

The mummy couhs chunks of salt as it tries fruitlessly to punch you again.

He is far from luckty this time as you swat its grey crusted arm back.

Yet that healing.

He must be brought down...and quickly, lest he regains his sight.

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 01:59 AM
Once more Irraly begins the dance anew hoping to strike at it hard and fast knowing that soon Violet could not help her much and she needed to end this soon, taking a chance she exposes herself to do maximum damage to the beast, unleashing her drow rage for surface kind and males the most, that coward was making a mockery out of her and she did not like it.

Taking a gamble

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 02:08 AM
@Irraly: You take a chance, striking the abomination with all you have.

Yet the attack misses its mark by less than an inch.

Violet flies down and positions herself between you and the mummy, silently motioning to you to get an advantage.

You then notice, not too far away, perhaps 30 ftft. away, a shallow pool of water. Apparently, the monster did not manage to dessicate the entire glade, and this beast seems quite salty and dry....

The monster growls and lunges at you with all his might, yet fails once more.

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 02:20 AM
As Irraly sees the pool of water an idea comes into her mind. Violet get to safety. she says before activating her ankelts once more and teleporting 10ft towards the water. You stupid creature you are no longer worth my time. she says taunting it as she walks a little bit closer to the water getting ready to dive out of the way if it charged her.

Bluff check [roll0]

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 02:57 AM
@Irraly: The salt encrusted mummy turns towards your direction and growls as it charges as fast as it can towards you.

A sound tactic as you move out the way and the creature ends ankle deep in water, causing the monster to growl in pain.

16 damage

Violet watches from the sky.

"It seems they don't like water..."

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 06:22 AM
Each time Violet plays her harp, all allies within 30 feet get fast healing 3(for 10 rounds) as well, from her harp. Since we have had 7 rounds of combat, that is 21 hp restored. Hopefully, this makes her useful as a healer as well, since she can heal 30 points per use of bard music to all allies.

Since Violet does not seem to have acted this round...

Sorry about vanishing last night, but, alas, I can't stay up all night to play this, however much I would like to.

Violet, flying above Irraly, once more alters her song, trying to encourage the mummy to slip, and fall, becoming covered by the water, as the ground beneath its feet becomes extremely slippery once more, as she tries to get the mummy to fall in the water.

Grease, reflex dc 19

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 09:03 AM
Ohh Archmage1 you just made my day, that means I am at 49hp instead of 28....this is going much better then I though. Now All I need to do is get an 11 in my wisdom score so I can cast bane each day and the real fun begins hehe.

I have 3 rounds left to shield
8 rounds left to Protection from evil

AC25 (immediate to make it 27, Alanbruce you allowed to do this for me if the attack is to hit, just please let me know you used a charge as I can only use it four times a day.

two out of four charges used on Anklets for the day

Archmage 1 Alan has used Glitterdust, Grease, and Blurr from your spell list so far to let you know.

As the mummy charges Irraly is happy it took her bait as she continues to sing her song as she dances doing a twirl that she had learned from Violet and adding it to her song as a leg helps kick the mummy into the water as she comes back around. When her circle stops she places her foot down and sways this way and that as she seems to charge the creature and slashes down with her blade.

Charge PA Attack [roll0] -7 +14 damage [roll1] Please hit Irraly, I am counting on you.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 09:18 AM
OOC:

No worries, I always try to keep my characters somewhat useful. :smallsmile:
Bane has a fairly critical drawback, though, namely: it allows a saving throw, and your dc would be an 11. Which is quite low. Sadly, this is not like some of the earlier editions, where it allowed no save.(that might have been doom, or something, though. Gave -2 to saves, anyway)

I have indeed adjusted my spells left. I no longer have access to my sheet, though, so I believe I have 3 1st level spells left, 2 second level spells left, and 3 0th level spells left. Luckily, there should not be a need for more spells from Violet. Thank you for checking as well, though.

Since you have fast healing 3, you gain another 3 hp each time you do something, at least, for another 2 rounds(so, you gain 3 this round, and then 3 next round, and then the effect ends)(its like the gift that keeps on giving)

Also, a rules comment: PA can be done to a maximum of your BAB, which, in your case, is a 4, so you can take, at most, a -4/+8, unfortunately. So, rather than dealing 31 damage, you would deal 25 damage. Which is still about 25 more damage than Violet has dealt. :smalltongue:

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 11:35 AM
@Violet: You know this creature is on its last legs as the water burns him.

And he should stay in the water, as much as possible.

Taking out another pint sized piece of pork rind, you squeeze it as a coating of grease bubbles beneath the shallow pool, at the mummy's feet.

Yet again, against all dds, it manages to stave of the effects and, worse still, begins moving out of the pool, away from its harmful effects.

@Irraly: You strike down the beast, even if it has avoided Violet's spell and the attack hits. And hits hard.

The mummy growls, but is not down yet.

The monster, still in the water, gets a last taste of burning sensation.

13 damage

It moves out of the water, its blind effect nearly gone, using a simple five foot step and brings its dessicating punch on you with full force, even though blinded.

Again, it seems to heal some of the damage, but it should be done anytime.

29 damage + 12 dehydration impact, DC 19 Fortitude for half

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 11:50 AM
Violet, still singing her song of hope, looks extremely concerned as Irraly is hit again, the mummy dangerous even while blind. Knowing that it had almost recovered its sight from the fading of the coating of pollen, Violet changes her song once more, and, as she does, a fresh coating of pollen flows from her hands, covering the mummy once more, and hoping to herself that the mummy would give up soon, and stop hurting Irraly.

Glitterdust, will dc 20

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 11:57 AM
@Violet: You blow the fey pollen towards the mummy, hopeful to blind it again.

The salt mummy looks up and growls as it sucks in most of it, averting its eyes, yet still covered in glittery pollen.

It can now see her prey, as it focuses its hateful gaze on Irraly.

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 11:58 AM
Was at 48 hp Fortitude save for half damage [roll0]

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 11:59 AM
Violet, seeing this, describes it eloquently, momentarily disrupting her song, although her fingers keep playing her harp.

"Uh Oh."

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 12:04 PM
HP is now 16

As the creature moves out of the water fearing that soon her advantage would be lost, especially after it had landed another blow on her she strikes quick and fast trying to take of the creatures head, knowing she may not get another chance. Twirling left, and then right she swings her majestic blade, one of the last things she had of her past, and swung with all her might hoping to knock the creature back at the least with her blade into the greased area.

Attack roll [roll0] Damage [roll1] And

As the blade hits she immediately vanishes in a puff of purple smoke once more appearing on the opposite side of the water. Hoping the creature would follow her and leave Violet alone who was out of reach.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 12:14 PM
@Irraly: A purple haze is left behind as several duplicate breeze past the shallow pool after having demonstrating years of drow training at Erhelei Cinlu.

The beast roars in pain as it watches you taunt him at the other side, still covered by Violet's illusion.

The monster looks at the water and then at you as it cracks a dry smile and borders around the small pool to get a shot at you.

Healing his wounds once more. the beast reaches you and brings his fist down hard, cracking the ground once more, but missing its mark.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 12:22 PM
Violet, focusing on her music, changes the style of her song, her voice speaking of water, even as the music becomes more subtle. As she changes the music, the pool of water seems to gather itself up, wavering, rotating around the mummy(to the far side of the mummy from the pool), and starts moving towards the creature, slowly, giving it time to back away, into the water and grease that was seemingly elsewhere.

So, the intention is to use silent image to make it seem like Violet picked up the water, and, with difficulty, moved it around(it would be moving erratically), in an effort to get the mummy to 5-foot step back into the water(and the grease) in an effort to avoid the slowly moving mass.

Will dc 19 to disbelieve, if interacted with

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 12:29 PM
Not wanting to be hit by those hands again I quickly use my hair as a distraction as I step back. Blinding the creature momentarily, Irraly can not help but smile as the creature missed, but it seemed to be more intelligent then the undead she was used to. With one last thurst she slashes her blade across its chest, hoping to finally end this fight and avenge at least some of the souls that had been lost here today.

As her blade swings she is already using the last of the magic in her anklets teleporting into the water to make sure she had the upper hand if her blade did not do the trick. Her feet getting a bit chilled as the water washes over them, but it is refreshing against the creatures attacks.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 12:39 PM
@Violet: Lucky with the saves, not lucky with the attacks.

You watch Irraly on her last legs as the beast is pummeling her mercilessly. Sure, he had only hit her twice, compared to how many times Irraly had danced her blade around its ancient body, but it was just so resilient.

Your wings stand motionless in midair as you focus your arcane power to make the water move and rise. A simple quiet illusion, which the salt mummy takes notice.

It looks at you and in a coarse voice cries out.

"Gnat! Stay away from this. Master has no need for you!"

@Irraly: The blade does a clean cut across its chest as the mummy growl in pain. A growl so loud, a flock of birds fly off as you dash towards the water, suing the last of your resources.

The creature looks at his wounds as a torrent o f salt gushes forth and then at you as he is about to follow.

Then, his upper body slides to the left and the body cracks entirely, felling the undead abomination in a pile of salt and dust.

As you breathe heavily, blood splattered, you look up at Violet and smile.

This part of the Fey Woods, at least, is safe.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 01:15 PM
As the mummy ignores her illusion, Violet looks sad, eventually letting the effect go to better focus on her music. Luckily, however, her illusion was able to distract the mummy long enough for Irraly to score a good blow against the creature. Watching the mummy warily, Violet cries out as the salt flows from the creature, thinking this some strange new form of attack, but, luckily, instead, the creature dies, as the true skill behind Irraly's blow becomes evident.

Violet flies back down, near Irraly, looking concerned.
Seeing Irraly's injuries, Violet starts playing a new song, one inspiring growth, and healing, encouraging life to recover where it can, and, slowly, Irraly's injuries starts to close, and the grass, to recover hints of life once more.
"Are... are you ok? I tried to help, but..."
Violet looks sad that the creature resisted all of her magic, and her expression looks helpless.
"Can you walk? We need to warn the Western Coven, before that lich gets there as well!"

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 01:44 PM
As Irraly looks at the creature still standing she can not believe it as it lets out a scream of pain but seems fine besides that. Birds flying off in all directions as the silence was finally broken. Confusion comes across her face as it looks down at its wound and then at her, thats when the body begins to slide to the left, a clean cut it would seem straight threw its body. Irraly let out a sign of relief at this, as her tired body tried to recover from the externison of the dance. It had lasted longer then expected, and had almost taken her life in the process. If not for Violet and Eilistraee she would have surely fallen in battle.

Irraly watches as Violet flies back down towards her Looking concerned and a smile comes across her face at the though of the little fey being worried about her. Even after seventy four years of being away from her people it still seemed odd the bound they shared between each other at times like these. Refreshing but odd, she thought again as Violet began playing a sweet soothing song that mended her flesh and closed her wounds, making her skin once more unmarked, besides the one dry spot on her right breast that did not want to go away. I am fine Violet really, and do not sell yourself short, if it had not been for your music I would have fallen in battle long ago and the creature would have taken me to its master. It is I who owe you the thanks. Irraly says extending her unmarred hand to her once more so that Violet could land on to share a kiss once more. It was the least she could do for her savior, though with the sad look, and hopelessness on Violets face she knew it would be hard for her to forget all the friends she had lost today. Sure they had been her friends as well, but she had not known them nearly as well or as long as Violet. I can walk Violet, really I am fine. Irralys says gently not wanting to upset Violet more as her hand brushed across the small feys face. Now lets go warn the others, we may still not be to late to save at least some of our friends. And warn them of Balions betrayal. Irraly adds, a bitterness in her voice as she says the last part. She would make the old crazed man pay, not out of vengeance for what he had done to her years ago, but for those who he had all but killed himself with his last vile act of treachery.

How much hp does she heal Irraly, or isVilet going to keep playing until she gets back to full health?

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 01:51 PM
@Violet & irraly: You race through the verdant woods as the echoes beyond shudder your senses.

This monster is killing indiscriminately throughout the woods.

And why has Balion allowed this?

You stop a few hundred feet away from what used to be the Western Coven.

No need to go in. The place has been destroyed.

Its beautiful roots and trees- all withered and dead.

Trails of sand and salt leave the coven and no voices can be heard inside.

Violet...

A female's voice is carried through the winds and you see a beautiful elf maiden with long green hair and tanned skin. She carries a scimitar at her side and simple hide armor.

This is Uwellyn, of the Eastern Coven, and a powerful dryad.

"Did you not get Gigglemug's message? Come with me. You and Irraly, to the Eastern Coven...."

Uwellyn looks at the destroyed Western Coven and tries to hold back her tears, standing defiant.

"We are rounding up as many as we can, follow me."

@Irraly: You have heard of Uwellyn, but the fey are cautious and seventy five years is little time for the fey to make a decision, especially Uwellyn, said to be one of the greatest protectors of the forest.

"I was told you held off against one of those things. I am afraid there may be more, but help should be in my Coven now. Violet, you know the way, avoid clearings, stick to the trees."

And with that, Uwellyn of the Eastern Coven walks into a tree herself and vanishes.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 02:02 PM
Seeing Irraly's wounds not finishing healing as her magic runs out, Violet renews her song once more, ensuring the Irraly was fine. Once even the scars are gone, Violet looks up, and stops playing her harp.
"Ok! But... if I hadn't led you here..."
While Violet seemed to be almost her normal cheerful self as she agrees with Irraly, she seems sadder as she considers her actions in this affair. Still, when Irraly extends her hand, Violet is happy to land on it, and accept the offered kiss, smiling brightly at this confirmation that all is well.

As Irraly reminds her of the other coven, the sense of urgency once more fills her, and she darts off, starting to lead Irraly, but soon stops, as Uwellyn arrives.
"Uwellyn! Gigglemug sent us..."
Her voice trails off as Uwellyn continues, her grief leading her to ignore Violet.
After she leaves, Violet looks to Irraly, concerned, before darting off with a determined "This way!".
As Violet flies, unthinking, she reveals that she had let Irraly catch her all these years, as she occasionally pauses, giving her old friend a chance to catch up, as she leads the way to the Coven.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 02:32 PM
@Violet & Irraly: It takes a few hours to reach the Eastern Coven.

Normally, this is an open glade, now, thick walls of thorns have grown around it, for protection.

Gigglemug appears over head and points to a clearing in the wall, which opens and you are lead in.

The glade is brown in color. The tall reeds have withered and the pool has reduced in size considerably.

A few dryads lie on the ground, barely alive, as Uwellyn focuses her magic to make more water for the pool, which seems to evaporate mostly.

Yet, there is someone else here.

She looks like an elf, but clad in shining armor. Her eyes are sparks of pure energy and is dressed as a knight, but unlike any knight you have seen before.

Something about her appearance...

Know. the Planes to ID her

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 02:39 PM
After hours of travel, Violet is glad to see their destination in sight, but the changes... she had never seen such a wall before. They looked... obdurate, giving her hope that perhaps this glade was ok.
As she enters, however, she is horrified that even this coven was attacked, and damaged, presumably by the same evil person.
And then she sees the fallen dryads, and she hurries over to them, and tries to play her harp, once more producing the song of growth and renewal, hoping that it would help the dryads recover, the beautiful music spreading throughout the glade.

I would have her speak, but she is more or less looking around, horrified, and shocked, and then she is playing and singing, hoping to help.
Fast healing 3 to the dryads for 10 rounds.
[roll0] know: planes(trained)

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 02:49 PM
As Violets song ends and she picks up another Irraly looks at her, knowing what she was doing as the next song ended and all her wounds were healed once more, her perfectly smooth flesh once more smooth, even her calluses were gone it would seems as she looked at her hands. It was so odd. You took the fastest way you knew of Violet. Its not your fault. And if you had not brought us here we would not know of the treachery that walked the fields. At least now we can warn everyone and do what we can to help. Irraly says calmly, trying to sooth her friend, it was not until there kiss was done, and the smile returned to Violets face that she took a moment to considered how best to act in her next battle. The creatures seemed to be weak against water, but how to get enough to actually hurt them enough to slow them down. She thought to herself as followed after Violet after drinking her two potions, she would not be seen or heard again by such creatures. She would be the night, unseen and unmerciful if another came across her.

As they reach the western coven the look on Irralys face changes, sadness fills her eyes at all the lives lost. How could anyone do this, how could Balion let them do this. She thought to herself as tears rolled down her obsidian face. As her tears hit the floor she heard a voice call out to Violet and looked up, could there be a survivor, she thought as she looked around.

As Irraly looks up to see the elven features and green hair she can already tell it was one of the fey, but as she sees the scimitar by her side she knew exactly who it was and knew their were no survivors. Uwellyn we did get the message, he said to come here I thought..... she says whipping the tears from her lavender eyes, listening to the elder fey. I did, but if not for Violet here I would have fallen. It was her music and the Dark maidens grace that kept me fighting. I could not let the souls of all those friends go unanswered. Irraly says standing up, if Uwellyn could be strong so could she, she told herself as she tried to fight back the tears. I will do all I can to help Uwellyn, your people have been kind and accepting of me, it is the least I can do. Irraly says before the fey disappears into a tree. Once again alone with Violet they make their way to the Eastern Coven, though it is clear Violet had been purposly going slow to let her keep up after all these years, the small things you learned about those you cared for still amazed her.

Hide [roll0] to go unseen through the woods. Keep in mind she can see 120ft away in pitch black with ease.

Move silently [roll1] To be as silent as a still night where only leaves falling seem to make a noise.

The planes, because Dantie told me to [roll2]

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 03:03 PM
The Ruined Grove
Violet continues to look sad, mournful, knowing that she had, in some sense, failed, and that she would never be able to make up for that.
"I know, but... I still failed them. If we had gotten here a few minutes sooner... It might have been enough."

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 03:18 PM
@Irraly: Uwellyn tries to smile, but the usually cheerful fey has grown grim and sad.

All life stripped out, snuffed in decay by a single monster.

"You are welcome in our Coven, Irraly. We can only hope he does not make it there. And if he does...if he does, I hope I can count on your blade."

@Violet & Irraly: Although you cannot tell what kind of elf this is, the elfin knight walks up to you and bows her head. her eyes glowing blue.

"I am Azakhiel, knight of the Olympian Glades. I was called her by Uwellyn given the slaughter these woods face."

Azakhiel looks at the withered glade and at Uwellyn, who uses most of her natural magic to conjure forth water, with little success.

"The Guardian of these Woods, Old Balion has done what was feared so many years ago. Now, a white shade walks with him. I...I cannot leave this glade or venture further in, by decree of a power Higher than this Forest, but I must ask of you, Irraly and Violet- Do not allow the monster to reach the end of these woods. If he does, then I fear what may happen not only to this forest, but to everyone else."

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 03:30 PM
The ruined grove

No. Irraly says sternly, If we would have gotten hear sooner the little help we could have done would have been in vain as he would have killed both of us along with them. It was hard enough taking on one of those things. Do you really think I could have done any better against ten and him? She says more softly, sorry she had snapped at Violet, but wanting her to know that it would have been worse if they had made it on time. What would I be if I had lost you Violet? she asked kissing the small fey gently, an empty body is what I would be, with no reason to live. Irraly says looking into Violets eyes making sure she knew that she meant it with all her heart.

Easter Coven

Sorry for missing that AlanBruce

Perform check [roll0]

After the first hour the potions wear off of her, making her footfalls more noticeable, and her skills at hiding a bit less, though not horrible in the least still. Soon after they arrive at the eastern coven, a place Irraly had never been inside before, though she had passed by it often to admire its beauty. the beauty was all but gone now though as walls of thorns protected the glade. thankfully Glimmermug came out and allowed them in, opening a passage that quickly closed after them.

Inside the scenes were not much better, Irraly immediately goes over to the dryads on the ground trying to sooth them, wishing she had not used all her powers to heal herself for the day. So instead she joined in with Violets song, trying to uplift their spirits.As she sang she looked to see the pool mostly dry, and a knight unlike any she had seen before in the grove with them. Slowly and respectfully she looks to Uwellyn Has the fighting between you and Anzrail gotten so bad she no longer fills the streams? I know the covens and her were not on good terms but this...she may be in trouble. Irraly says worry in her voice as she thinks of her friend trying to take on all those creatures alone. The thought unnerved her as she thought about another one she had laid with being hurt, and though her feelings were not as strong as the ones for Violet they were still there. And If I may ask why did you call one of my surface cousins here for help? Or was she always in the woods and I never knew?

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 03:38 PM
The Ruined Grove
Violet looks to Irraly, tears in her eyes.
"But... we might have been able to give everyone a chance to run, to escape. We might have..."
As Irraly reminds her of the possibility of death, Violet looks nonplussed, as though it had never even occured to her that she might have been in danger.
"But... I would have been fine, but you..."
As Violet tries to stammer out her thoughts, Irraly kisses her, distracting her, and stealing the thoughts from her small head.
As Irraly says that she would be nothing without Violet, Violet's eyes almost seem to glow with determination.
"No, Irraly. If I... leave, please, live. Both of us gone would be too sad."

Eastern Coven
Stopping her singing momentarily, although she continues to play her harp, her nimble fingers darting over the fine silver strands as she plays, hoping to help the dryads as best she can, as it is all that she can do for them, as little though it is.

"Azakhiel? I have never heard of the Olympian Glades. I thought that there were only the two Covens here? But... that doesn't matter. Can you help them?"
Violet looks at the dryads, helplessly, knowing that her efforts are insufficient.

As Azakhiel describes the threat the forest is under, Violet looks afraid, but determined. It is a tough look, but she manages it. Her voice is low, barely audible over the dulcet tones of her harp.
"But... what can we do? We could barely fight one of those things, and he had a dozen, as well as the lich, that... that... monster!"

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 03:42 PM
@Irraly: Uwellyn curses under her breath as the water fails to materialize and walks up to you.

"Irraly, Anzaril may be your friend, but do not be deceived. She was banished from our Covens many years ago, and for good reason. Even Balion has a degree of respect towards her, so I doubt the monster that travels in the woods now will be stupid enough to enter her domain."

At the mention of Azakhiel being a surface cousin, Uwellyn shakes her head.

"No, not an elf. A messenger and protector from Verenestra herself. An Eladrin Knight. Bound to protect the Covens in case of a dire emergency."

Azakhiel nods to uwellyn.

2And dire indeed, Uwellyn. Although the danger in this lies deeper, I am afraid, that this forest. all we can hope is that your guardian Balion embraces reason."

Uwellyn walks back to the pool.

"Reason was abandoned by that man many years ago, I am afraid. I would know, I had to face him in battle. If only Steiner were here. He would know how to calm him down."

@Violet: As you play the harp and pluck the tunes, you watch some of the dryads get up from their prone positions and muster a smile.

Hope, it has been said, is the last thing to be lost.

Azakhiel addresses you with her glowing eyes.

"I do not hail from an earthly realm, little one. I am an eladrin. We serve that which is fair and free. Hence my presence here, now under the oppression of that monster."

Azakhiel looks at the withered grove.

"i am afraid, however, that I may not be sufficient to end that monster and his army, let alone the mad Guardian. We can only wait here until they decide to come and prepare accordingly. I am sorry."

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 03:53 PM
As the dryads start to slowly recover, Violet looks happy. She had helped! At least one thing had worked this day.

As Uwellyn and Irraly discuss Anzaril, Violet pales.
Surely... surely they weren't talking of the one in the lake? She chased away all the petals, even though all they wanted to do was to play with the bull rushes growing in the edges of the lake, something that they always enjoyed.
"Anzaril... but... she is really scary!"
However, having made this ringing declaration, Violet considers, and, in the silence created by her outburst, Violet's voice seems soft, and small.
"But... if she can help... shouldn't we at least try? Does anyone else have any ideas? Any other ideas, I mean."

Violet tries one last, desperate plea to Azakhiel, hoping that she could do something... anything.
"Azakhiel... is there nothing that you can do?"

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 04:00 PM
The ruined Glade

As Violet tries to make it seem like they could have done something the drow just listens, she had livid in a world ruled by chaos and war, knew how it worked. None of them would have survived if they had been there to get away. What reason would their be without you? The one who befriend me when I first came here alone and confused? Like a child opening her eyes for the first time. It was you who taught me. Irraly says softly trying to sooth her from her pains.

Eastern Coven

the monster was stupid enough to attack your sisters, and he marches with undead. there were ten of them before we destroyed one. And who know show many others are in the woods doing his bidding. She says angry at the thought that just because the three had their differences meant anything. If you wont go to check up on her, I will. I will not take the chance of Anzrail being hurt and attacked by them creatures.

As all this talk comes out Irraly grows angry, men had learned their place down below, why had not the women of the surface taught the men the same lesson long ago. With a bitterness that was not seen often coming from her she addressed all their. So this is why my people made sure the men knew there place. If you knew then what you know now why did you not kill him,all this is because you let one man live, now all of our sisters have died because of it. An entire coven gone. Irraly says her eyes filled with the malice of her ancestry, how foolish could one be to allow there enemy to walk around storing strength until he was ready to strike. And to not do so themselves. My blade is yours, but I will make sure my friend is safe first. Irraly says looking to all those here. If she is I will try to convince her to make the ponds fill once more.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 04:24 PM
@Violet: At the mention of Anzaril, you naturally shudder as the dryads comment in hushed whispers.

Uwellyn nods.

"Anzaril is...different. She follows a Court opposite ours. and although we are not religious or zealous, for that matter, her ways are different than ours. Let her swim in her lake, away from us all. It is better that way, and for your own safety too."

@Irraly: Uwellyn shakes her head.

"You speak with passion, but not wisdom, Irraly. Do you not think we would've killed Balion had we had the chance? So many years ago before you came. Before Violet was born? Do not underestimate the wrath of the fey, dark one. Steel and Spell were used against Balion, years ago, when he turned his back on Nature..."

Uwellyn looks at the grey autumnal sky.

"He cannot be killed. Not by us, at least. Old Balion is blessed by a power that exceeds ours..."

Azakhiel looks at Uwellyn and shakes her head quickly, prompting the fey to stop,

"The only one who knows how to stop him is gone. Steiner, his brother and fellow Guardian, but he has not been seen here for many seasons."

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 04:44 PM
As talk of being blessed comes up Irally without realiving it shifts to the tongue of her ancestors as she speaks. I am also blessed, with the strength of my goddess, as well as the Darkmadiens stamina. Had he not used cheap tricks he would have fell to my blade.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 05:00 PM
@Irraly: Uwellyn shakes his head.

"You have been in these woods for such a small amount of time. You may indeed be blessed by your goddess, the Dark Maiden, but Balion was blessed by a goddess who walked these very woods, in the flesh...but that was a long time ago."

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 05:25 PM
The Ruined Glade
As Irraly continues to insist that her world would end without Violet in it, Violet tries to convince her otherwise, knowing that, someday, Violet would feel the urge to travel, just as the older petals did, and she would likely vanish, never to be seen again. She just hated the thought that doing what she would do would bring pain to Irraly, but that it would end her... Violet's mind strayed away from the thought. She speaks softly, carefully looking at Irraly, her eyes filled with concern for her friend.
"Irraly... If I leave... please, at least try. There is more to life than just me."
Violet's hand gently strokes Irraly's face, gently running along one cheek, hoping to encourage her.

The Eastern Coven
Violet listens to the conversation, still playing her harp, softly, hoping that Anzaril would not need to be visited. However, she had an idea, a brilliant one, at least, maybe. Speaking in a small voice, into the silence created by the argument between Uwellyn and Irraly, Violet voices her idea.
"Irraly? Would your people be able to help?"
After all, Irraly seemed nice enough, and although her mother was mean, surely, not all of them were. Some of them would help, surely

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 07:06 PM
Irraly listens to Uwellyn's words before replying. In this world the gods do not walk along side mortals. To do so it would allow those of a darker intent to do the same. What you probably saw was one like me, maybe closer to their god and thus more powerful but nothing more. Irralys says knowing for a fact gods could not walk besides mortals. It was why they sent their servants to do their bidding. Steiner tried telling me the same thing at Anzrails once, and I told him the same thing. I could call myself a goddess now, and many of my people do call themselves goddess, but that does not make us so. If you cut us, we still bleed. Irraly had not changed her opinion since Steiner had told her wives tales, she would not listen to the fey no matter how long livid they were.

The Ruined Glade

Irraly sighs as she looks at Violet. If you leave me because of natural causes then I will live on in peace. If however someone kills you, then I will strive to bring you back. Fair? Irraly says willing to negotiate with her closet companion.

The eastern coven

As Violet speaks the words she had been trying to avoid for all these years she looks at Violet. They would help. she says with a sad look on her face, They would turn each and everyone of you into their slaves to tend their fields. And those would be the lucky ones. The others would become pawns in their games to destroy each other and either be forced to bred to make new warriors for their armies. The others would be forced to kill each other for the glory of that Bit#@. Irraly says meaning the spider queen Lolth herself, but not dare speaking her name in such a place that was already having its beauty destroyed.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 07:28 PM
The Ruined Glade:
Violet looks puzzled, not quite clear on this whole death concept.
"But... I can't die of natural causes. I AM nature, or at least a small part of it. So long as it exists, I can exist. So long as there is a flower in this world, there will be one of us to go with it. But... Why would anyone kill me?"

The Eastern Coven:
Violet looks up at Irraly, confusion on her face, clearly, not comprehending the evil that the drow are capable of. What it must be like to live in Violet's world...
"But... why? That's just... silly. And who would tend to the flowers, help travelers? Why not just help?"

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 07:38 PM
The Ruined Glade

As Violets expression become confused she looks at her with a smile, her innocence amused her at times. I will explain later, I promise. She says softly, Right now we need to get to the Eastern Coven. Irraly says knowing that if this kept up her and Violet would never get anywhere.

The Eastern Coven

If my people were kind why would I have left Violet and never went back all these years. There is great beauty that my people create, but they praise most the beauty of that creature and her games. To destroy each other and kill, to create things that kill. It is all they know how to do, and if someone has something you want, you kill them for it or take it. Irraly says not liking talking about her people at all. Trying to change the topic she says I want to go check on Anzrail now, she understands. Irraly says knowing that she came from a court of creatures much like her own race, it was probably why Irraly had been taken by her so quickly.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 08:02 PM
The Ruined Glade
Violet, having finished an epic speech, although, no match for some of her stories, smiles as Irraly gives in.
"Ok! This way, follow me!"
And, she flies off, leading the way, darting from tree to tree.

The Eastern Coven

Violet, not understanding how a group could be so evil, thinks about resuming the conversation, but, knowing and trusting Irraly, and not wanting to cause her pain, she declines to do so.
However, as Irraly mentions going to Anzaril, Violet once more feels that fear run through her, that unthinking, unreasoning fear of the one place she was always warned not to go. She had, once, of course, but there were no animals, no birds, not even an owl. And that scared her, more than she was willing to admit to anyone.
"But... Anzaril... she is... Away. It would take weeks to get there, even if I knew the way..."

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 08:17 PM
As her friend shows clear fear at going to Anzrail's Irraly raises an eyebrow. You are afraid of Anzrail but my people seem to be perfectly fine to you. A small smile betrays the amusement on her face. Anzrail is misunderstood is all, and has an acquired taste when it comes to her meals. I promise If you come with me and behave she wont harm you. Try not to ask to many questions until I have calmed her down, I have not been there since before last winter, did not want to take the chance of seeing the winter witch. Irraly says knowing most of them would have an idea of who she was talking about, though at this time she would be a blessing covering the place in snow scaring off all those undead.

With her mind set she looks to the others, I will do what I can to convince Anzrail to work along side you against this threat, though after....I can not say as I do not know what happened as you like to say. One day you will have to open up you know, or will you wait until I take a mate and have a child. As if a male would ever deserve such. Irraly says looking to Violet, the only one in the glade who knew that she had shared her body with. And though in the past 74 years she still had not gained the power to change their sizes, she had not given up trying just yet.

Holding her hand out for Violet to come with her she slowly and calmly leaves the glade, saying good bye and good luck to all before as fastly as she can running towards Anzrails glade, either letting Violet ride inbetween her breasts which brought her much pleasure and a blush to her face, or fly along side her.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 08:34 PM
Violet looks surprised that Irraly does not see the difference.
"But... you are perfectly nice, so why wouldn't your people be nice? There might be some mean ones, like Balion, but mostly, wouldn't they be like you?"
Though Irraly had tried to explain this to her many times, it never really seemed to sink in to her mind, just as nothing seemed to counter her fundamental innocence.
"Anzaril though..."
She falls silent for a time, clearly not wanting to talk about it.
"She... she is the one mentioned in the tales, the wicked witch who takes us in our sleep, doing who knows what. Going to her domain is just... I tried once. But... I got scared, and ran away. It was just..."
She falls silent, and shakes her head.
Another minute or two pass.
"But... if you are going, even to her... I could hardly leave you alone, could I?"
Hardened by resolve, Violet flies along with Irraly, darting to and fro as she usually does, investigating something that she found interesting, but, as the miles pass by, she ventures out less and less, and, eventually, flies in, and lands in Irraly's bosom, crouching down, and trembling slightly. Soon, however, comforted by the presence of her friend, and the gentle rocking motion, she falls asleep, held in place by Irraly's armor, looking almost... peaceful, as she slept.

Just going on the record, saying that this is a really, really bad idea. The chances for survival are... slim to none. What we will find here, on this route... One salt mummy is almost too much for us. How about a dozen?

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 11:06 PM
@Irraly: The idea of gods walking amongst mortals is inconceivable.

True, the most vain matrons below had alluded divinity, but that was, of course vanity.

No gods walk on Oerth. Period.

Azakhiel listens to your comment and turns her gaze away to the dried up lake as she crosses her arms.

@Violet: As Irraly decides to go see Anzaril, you shudder.

Anzaril is rightfully feared amongst fey and men, at least those that were said to walk through these woods before your birth.

The Witch of the Fens, she is alluded to in ballads. And who knows what she can do. Maybe nothing as vile as that white shade and his mummies, but...

The entrance leading out to the woods closes in on itself as Gigglemug flies off.

You both turn around and watch Uwellyn lowering her hand. The command on the thorn wall has been placed.

"You may have lived here for many winters, Irraly, but you are still a guest amongst the fey. You may share some lineage with us, but you do not know what these woods have. Worse now with that monster prowling the forest. If you leave now, I will not be able to protect you. Violet, you know that my words are true. I am giving you one warning, elf. If you leave this Coven, those walls will not open again. I will not risk my sisters further...many have already perished."

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 11:20 PM
Always good to step out of the shower to see a post. Got to love your timing AlanBruce, you know how to keep me happy.

As the wall of thorns closes and Uwellyn makes it clear it will not be opened again, a dark light emits from Irralys eyes as she thinks of all the petals still trapped outside. So you will sacrifice all of your sisters outside who can not make it here to that monster? You are a coward Uwellyn and do not deserve to be a leader if you will leave the petals and those who have not maid it here yet to that monster. You would abandon them, and thus me if I choose to help those that should be taken care of and looked after. Irray is not happy at being forced to stay in an area like a caged rat, especially with those she considered her family on the outside. And to all those who do make it here, will you leave them outside to be killed? Will you not defend your own kind? And Violet and the other petals spoke so highly of you. It is a wounder Anzrail can not stand to be around you if you would turn your back on them. Irraly says fighting back tears as she thinks of all her friends being killed she had made over the years.

AlanBruce
2013-08-06, 11:30 PM
@Irraly: Uwellyn slumps on the ground and covers her hand with her face, sighing deeply.

She then gets up and motions to the wall as this one opens just a tad.

"Don't ever bring family to me, Irraly. You have no idea what I have lost today. As for the Petals, they have someone to watch over them- Queen Petunia. She has likely secreted them away to their gardens above the ground, inaccessible to the growling beasts below, with us. As for whoever is left, you are looking at them, dark elf. The Western Coven is dead now, but not completely, of that I am certain."

Uwellyn points to the door again.

"I will not change my position on this matter. I have to take care of my sisters here and now."

Christine Daae
2013-08-06, 11:39 PM
Can you promise there is not another living fey out there that could be saved, besides the petals that you say are safe? Irraly asks willing to leave if she must to protect those she cared for.

If told yes
As The realization of how many of her friends have been lost today she finally lets her tears free as her knees buckle, no longer able to support her weight at this news. How could they all be dead. What sort of creature was capable of so much hatred that they would kill those poor innocent fey. I am sorry, I will stay here then and defend those that remain. Irraly sys tears stil roaming down her eyes at the loss of all her friends.

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 01:21 AM
@Irraly: Azakhiel turns around and you can see she is also affected by these words as she cleans one of her eyes.

Uwellyn places her hand on your shoulder and levels with you.

"We will find a way, Irraly. I promise we will find a way."

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 01:31 AM
As Uwellyn places her hand on Irralys obsidian shoulder and levels with me I look up into her eyes as my hand instinctual reaches out to hers, just to hold onto something. I will kill him for this Uwellyn, you may not have been, but even if it means using the teachings I learned down below Balion will pay for this. How could he..... Irraly says continuing to cry on her knees no more words coming out, she knew there was something wrong with him, but never suspected this. He had seemed like he generally waned to keep the forest safe, not destroy it.

After hours of just sitting, ignoring the world at the though of all those countless lives lost she finally gets up and looks to the sky to see what time it was.As when dawn approached she would have to sleep, and to do so she would need to find shade. I know you do not speak to her, but is there any way we could try to contact Anzrail from in here? I would really like to make sure she is ok before I rest. She says gently asking any of those inside if they would help her with such a small task.

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 03:37 AM
@Irraly: Uwellyn holds on to your hand.

"He wasn't always like this, Irraly. He, like the men your people look down on, fell for one whom he should not have. A tale of love lost and torn. Balion has sought to rekindle it. In this case, literally. Maybe you can stop Old Balion, but I implore you, Irraly: Do not leave the Coven until I am sure it is safe to venture forth."

At the mention of Anzaril and seeing is she's doing well, Uwellyn sighs.

"I doubt even that white shade would want to mess with her, but she is our sister. Even if estranged."

Uwellyn whistles and a beautiful grey owl lands on her hand.

Both seems to speak in hoots as the big eyed bird takes flight, looking at Violet as he passes above her.

"We must wait now."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 06:13 AM
As Uwellyn, luckily, is able to convince Irraly that going to the lake is a really bad idea, Violet breathes a sigh of relief, as she had really, really not wanted to go there.
She listens as the two discuss the sadness that has occurred today, looks sad, as she tries to play a cheerful tune, trying to help everyone feel a bit better, eve n if it is only for a short while.
As the owl flies overhead, Violet takes one look, and darts for cover, not wanting to attract the attentions of an owl.

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 09:43 AM
As the feeling of Uwellyn's soft hand holding hers comes to her a small amount of comfort can be gleamed as she listens to her words. So he is like this because he wants a mate that does not want him. This is why women rule my race. There is no foolishness like this, at least in this aspect. Irraly says to no one in particular as she hears violets music in the background trying to sooth the glade.

As the owl comes, Irraly keeps a close eye on it making sure it did not try to get her Violet. And when it leaves she once again goes to a relaxed position. Thank you Uwellyn, I must sleep now though. I understand your people do not sleep during the day, but the son hurts my eyes so much that I try to keep away from it most of the time. she says going of into a corner of the glade and taking of her armor to replace it with the grass dress the petals had made for her all those years ago. Lieing down slowly she casts a spell to cover the area around her in magical darkness, it would not last long, with luck though she would be able to fall asleep before it wore off.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 10:05 AM
Seeing Irraly moving over to sleep, Violet sneakily places a pillow under her head as it touches the ground, and carefully provides a nice blanket for her, just as she had done in the past, before she resumes gently playing a lullaby, to help Irraly sleep, as well as, potentially, the poor, exhausted dryads.

After Irraly falls asleep, however, Violet flies back over to Uwellyn, and lands on her shoulder, speaking softly into her ear.
"Is there nothing that we can do? No help that we could find?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 11:33 AM
@Irraly: Uwellyn forces a smile.

"You may be right, Irraly. In Balion's case, however, he did have a woman once... but that was long ago. It was his fixation for another that lead him down this path. A course of actions that would doom the Fey Woods today and that caused a terrible loss for our Covens years ago. Now, please, go get some rest."

You take off your armor and put on the dress made by the petals.

Calling on a sphere of utter darkness, you lay down and feel a soft pillow on your head.

@Violet: Glad the owl did not decide to make you his lunch, you watch Irraly encase herself in darkness and rest as you fly towards Uwellyn's shoulder, who looks at the wall leading out. The growls off in the distance.

"Not all have fallen in the Western Coven, Violet. If that were the case, I would not be alive. Casyllyn has left to seek advice from the one that can end this for good. Do not worry. The Old Shepherd will know what to do. "

Uwellyn does not seem to certain with her words, but she feels she has to say them. For her and her Coven.

"If...if it comes to worse, Violet. Go tell your sisters to flee the woods. To migrate elsewhere. They have the advantage of flight and I know there is a human settlement not too far from here. Fro there, I am sure you can find a new forest.."

Uwellyn's voice cracks as she says this last part.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 11:40 AM
Violet looks reassured, but then, as she thinks about what Uwellyn just said, she looks concerned.
"But... the shepherd... he has not spoken much recently, and he is all alone... What if... what if they found him first? He... he was so nice..."
Her voice trails off as she struggles with the possibility.
As Uwellyn suggests abandoning the forest, their home for generations, Violet feels shocked, horrified.
"But... this is our home! All of the gardens, the flowers, the groves... abandon it all? How could we? It will be ok, I think."
Violet tries to hug Uwellyn's head, trying to re-assure her, and herself, that all would be well, but Uwellyn's words gives her a new idea, a new chance. Violet feels hope once more, as she latches on to the idea.
"A human settlement? They will help us, right? Where are they?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 01:32 PM
@Violet: Uwellyn hears the distant nearthly growls.

"The Shepherd...he's wise and strong. He should be able to give us help, but..."

The elder dryad turns to you, worry in her face.

"Steiner was the only mortal to walk in and out of these woods. He left awhile back, but he did mention the settlement- Justcrown. Violet, this may be difficult to ask, but, can you find him?"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 01:35 PM
Sensing that Uwellyn did not want to talk about such things, and wanting to help, Violet focuses on Steiner.
"What does Steiner look like? Where is this Justcrown? I... I will try."
She smiles momentarily, speaking wistfully.
"It would give me a story to tell the little ones, wouldn't it?"
(says the faerie that is sitting on someone else's shoulder...)

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 02:17 PM
@Irraly: The hours pass and you wake up as Violet is conversing with Uwellyn.

Talk about a human settlement, apparently.

The sky is grey, given the time of year.

But the growls continue.

@Violet: Uwellyn takes out an old parchment. On it you can see three faces, very well drawn in ink, now dried over the years.

One shows a man with a beard and short hair. A hint of blue has been used on his eyes.

"That is Jacob, but he isn't around now."

She then points to the a man with jagged features and long dreadlocks tied in a knot. A stern face on him.

"Balion, before his madness."

"She finally points to a man with a smile on his face and a wide brimmed hat with a feather.

Uwellyn lets out a chuckle.

"Steiner Lacore. The man who mad who taught her the finer aspects of music. Last I heard, he was referring himself as the Wandering Minstrel. Where to find him, though? I do not know."

@Irraly: Uwellyn nods as you wake up.

"I hope you have rested, Irraly. I was discussing some plans with Violet, just in case."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:21 PM
As Uwellyn pulls out the parchment, Violet looks at it carefully, trying to memorize the faces and names, even as questions bounce around her head, eager to get out.
"How did they come to be here? Were they together? Were they friends? Might someone at this Justcrown know where he is?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 02:30 PM
@Violet: Uwellyn sighs.

"Jacob and his people came to our woods many years ago and settled in well with us. Balion was amongst the first settlers as well, a devoted ruid, but now you can see that isn't the case. As for Steiner, I cannot really say more. It is a strange new land for you, Violet. Humans can react strangely to you, since they do not see our kind often. Or never at all."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:35 PM
Violet nods as she learns more, not really thinking too much about possible human reactions. After all, humans were odd.
"If... if they might act oddly, maybe Irraly should come with me? She would be more normal, right?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 03:14 PM
@Violet: Uwellyn looks at Irraly, with her long white hair and obsidian skin.

"Maybe, Violet. She is strange even in this forest, being from below, but perhaps the humans will accept her nonetheless."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:21 PM
Violet looks confused.
"But... she's Irraly. Why would she be strange to them. Surely, they have seen far stranger things, being Outside?"
Violet then looks to Irraly, her voice hopeful
"Irraly, will you come with me, to this Justcrown, to help me to find Steiner?"

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 03:23 PM
As Violet gives her a pillow and blanket, like she had done so many nights throughout the years she thanks the little fey before laying her head down and dropping the globe of darkness over herself. And though she did use it to block out the sun on most days, today it was to hide her tears from Violet, not wanting to upset her more then the little fey already was.

Soon the sounds of Irraly's gentle breathing could be heard to those listening and she slept. Though it was not a peaceful sleep as in her dreams images of all her friends she had come to love and care for were attacked in their grove. The mummies surrounding it and grabbing them one by one, taking all the moisture out of them until they were only dry husks of their former selves. Like statues made of leather. Irraly twisted and turned as she tried to fight off her nightmare, the man in the tattered white robes coming to her and grabbing her by the throat.
You will be such a pretty addition to my army. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wewj89x8YKU) it said, those golden eyes full of corruption as her body became like leather and her sword fell from her hand. Her hair gone now from its beautiful length.

Irraly woke up hours latter covered in sweet as she looks around holding herself. Where am I, this is not my home. Why is it... and thats when everything creaped back up on her, last night was not a dream, some cruel nightmare. It had really happened, the Western coven was gone now, destroyed. Slowly getting up and walking over to where the others were Irraly bowed her head to the elder dryad as she asked if Irraly had rested well. Not that well really.... she said not really wanting to go into what she saw. Sometimes her people were gifted with seeing future events, she hoped this was not one of those occasions where the past and the present lined up once again.

Irraly then listens to the plans before looking from Violet to Uwellyn. Do you think its safe for me to bring Violet into the humans lands? My kind are not known for being friendly in the best of cases. she says worried about their well being. And what if the grove was attacked while we were away, there would be no way for us to get back here in time to help. she says worried about the few fey that were left.

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 03:48 PM
@Irraly: Uwellyn calls Gigglemug.

"He knows a way to the outskirts of the woods. From there, you should see a trail that leads to a large wooden gate. That's the entrance to Justcrown. If you are willing to go, be careful. I do not know if there are more of those creatures running around."

Azakhiel steps up.

"The Eastern Coven will be protected. You have my word. I suspect where the monster is heading and he should not be coming here."

Gigglemug gulps as the walls part way, exposing the forest and the growls in the distance.

"Ladies? are you ready?"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:55 PM
Violet listens to Uwellyn, memorizing the directions. Alas, this is one trip where she can't have fun doing it herself.
As Azakhiel gives her oath, Violet nods solemnly back.
"Azakhiel... Thank you. I... I don't want to lose more friends."

When Gigglemug asks if she is ready, Violet shakes her head, reaching into her bag, and producing a set of armor, sized for her. Where she had acquired it was a subject of debate among the petals, but that she had it, was never in doubt.
She, standing on Uwellyn's shoulder, takes off her grass dress, before carefully putting the fine chain armor on, wincing as it touches her in places, its metal cold. She then puts the dress back on, before taking off from Uwellyn.
"I am now."
She looks to Uwellyn, and speaks, her voice full of determination.
"We will find help, and we will be back."
Once Irraly indicates her readiness, Violet follows them out, grimly determined to follow Gigglemug, not even darting off to see the interesting things she spots.

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 04:10 PM
@Violet & Irraly: You look back at the Coven, dried and withered, with the few remaining dryads and nod to Uwellyn as the thorn walls close behind you.

The path towards civilization is filled with growls and screams from distant fey, who have surely fallen to the sinister Seneschal.

The brirds flee from the woods in droves, terrified at what is happening.

There is a massacre here and you are unable to do anything...for now.

Gigglemug looks deeply saddened as he flies ahead.

"Try not to look back, please. The faster you can find Steiner, the better."

Then, you see something, off a bout 300ft away, amidst the trees.

It's the Myrdian Stag, but he's not alone.

A figure stands beside him. A woman, or so you guess, since the rays of the sun fall on her, covering her face.

Dressed in white robes, the woman and the stag look at you in silence as the growls fill the woods.

Please forgive him...

And then, the woman disappears as the Myrdian Stag runs towards a tree and disappears.

Gigglemug, unaware of this looks at both of you.

"What?"

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 04:32 PM
Confident the grove would be protected Irraly strips out of her grass dress and once again applies her armor, placing the dress inside a small bag. I will find help, and if I can not I will make sure I stop as many of these things as I can before falling. She says now ready for battle and following the others out.

It was not until Irraly saw the Myrdian Stag with a woman in white by its side that she stopped to observe it. I forgive no one who can let this go on and has the power to stop it. Let me kill all you care for and tried to create, then you can try to tell me to forgive someone. Irraly says anger in her eyes as there were very few people the woman could be talking about.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 04:54 PM
Violet, regretful of the need, continues to follow Gigglemug, although she would much rather be trying to help. As she sees the stag, though, her eyes go wide, and she tries to gesture to him, asking him to run, to not let those things catch her, but, then, she sees the woman in the white robes, and wonders...
Who... Who is that? I thought he kept away from everyone? And who does she want me to forgive?

At Gigglemug's question, Violet snaps her attention back to Gigglemug.
"Didn't you see the woman and the white stag?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 05:53 PM
@Irraly: The maiden in white does not respond as she vanishes along with the stag. A mirage, probably.

@Violet: Gigglemug looks at you and raises an eyebrow.

"The Myrdian Stag? I have seen it before, but not now, no. And I would know if there were any women in these woods, Violet."

The skies are star filled by the time you reach the edge of the forest.

You can see a path, just as Uwellyn said, that extends for half a mile and at the end, a large wall and a wooden gate. Light towers can be seen on each side.

"This is as far as a I go. The humans should be beyond. Good luck you two."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 06:09 PM
Violet looks at Gigglemug, confused.
"But... she was right there. Surely, you had to see them, right?"
She looks at him brightly.
"Right?"

Once they reach the border, Violet's eyes go wide, never having seen any structure that large. They just kept going up, and up, and up...
She just hovers there, stunned by the sight.

After a minute, she turns to Irraly, landing on her shoulder, and looking back at Gigglemug.
"Thank you. Good luck returning to the Coven. If you see anyone, please, save them."
As he flies back, Violet looks over at Irraly, as she lands on her shoulder.
"Shall we? It will be fun!"
Violet seems fairly excited to visit the place, although it seems a little... odd, due to the dire circumstances.

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 07:42 PM
@Violet & Irraly: You approach the wooden gates and the guards up in the watchtower look down on the dark elf.

"Uhhh...yes? What business do you have here?"

Some guards can be heard on the towers prepping their bows.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 07:44 PM
Violet, seeing the guards, immediately flies up to them, smiling, speaking in her piping little voice.
"Can we come in? We need help! The undead... Please?"
She hovers at the level of the wall, looking brightly at the poor guards.

AlanBruce
2013-08-07, 08:20 PM
@Violet: "Gah! A devil!"

The guard shakes in his armor as he holds on to his lantern, shoving it in your face.

"That's not a devil, you fool. It's a familiar. I heard Silas talk about them once. Must belong to the wizard down there."

@Irraly: The guard looks down at you from his tower.

"Miss? Those are dangerous woods over there. Did you come from them? I can let you in, if you promise no trouble. The folks are having a good time and we want to keep it that way."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 08:26 PM
As the guard accuses Violet of being a devil, Violet looks offended.
"Hey... I'm not a devil. I'm a petal. Much different. Well, except for the last bit."
As he presents his lantern, Violet flies up to it excitedly.
"Ooh! It's a portable fire! How did you manage to catch the lightning to start it?"
Soon, however, she sees the heavy armor the guard wears, and her eyes go wide as she flies up and knocks on it, shaking her hand afterwards.
"Is that... Is that solid metal plating? Are you a golem?"
Poor Violet... surrounded by so many new things...

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 08:57 PM
As they come to the end of their trip Irraly looks to Glimmermug, he may have been a male, but he had earned he respect over the years and even her friendship. Be safe, and if anything happens get me. she says doing something completely unexpected as she reaches up to him pulling him down lightly and kissing him on the check. May the Dark Maiden guard you Glimmermug. she says after kissing him before looking to Violet, to bad when she found the petal she was already ahead of her. This is not going to end well if she keeps this up. Irraly says to herself as she runs to catch up to the small fey, seeing the guards already with her superior vision.

As we approach the wooden gate I can already hear the draw back of bows aimed at me for the color of my skin. I come here seeking a bard by the name of Steiner Lacrous. Irraly says in perfect common, holding her hands up to show she means no harm. Violet get down here and leave the men alone, they are jumpy as it is seeing my kind and do not need your questions right now. I will explain later. Irraly said, something she had learned to say more and more as the fey had an appetite for knowledge so large an ocean filled with in would not be enough.

As they call Violet a devil Irraly begins to get worried, until the next one says she was a wizards familiar, what did these humans think? Did they not have any common sense? Irraly thought as she called up to them. The young lady before you is named Violet, and she is a petal, not my familiar. I am a priestess of the Dark maiden, daughter of the elven god Corealin and ask for safe passage for the night only. Irraly says not enjoying having all these bows trained on her. I did come from those woods, and have been living there the past 74 years in peace. I come here seeking help against an undead invasion and we need to find Steiner. I promise to not cause trouble as long as no one tries to attack myself or put Violet in a cage, is that agreeable? She asks kindly, her armor showing many of her curves, and more then likely a full view of her breasts to the guards up above.

Violet please come down here, I don't want you getting hurt. Irraly says once again trying to get her friend to leave the guards alone.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 09:02 PM
When Irraly asks her the first time to come down, Violet does not even comprehend that she called, so engrossed she is in all of the amazing new things she had discovered. Golems, controlled fire, and many other things. She was having a hard time deciding what to go and look to next. The second time Irraly called, she managed to get her in between her looking at everything, and Violet calls back down, her trained voice carrying her words to Irraly's ear. Irraly can practically hear her excitement in her voice.
"But... there is so much new stuff! And the golems aren't going to hurt me, after all."

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 09:14 PM
Remember we are trying to save your brothers and sisters? I promise if you listen I will bring you back here after all is safe Violet, right now though we need to find Steiner. Irraly calls up to her softly. Besides wouldn't you rather see what is inside? She asks hoping to peak her interest long enough for Violet to fly down.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 09:32 PM
As Irraly continues to plead with her, Violet, internally, sighs, even as, externally, she continues looking at all the new things that the guards have. Still... Perhaps... Perhaps Irraly is right... but she would need to fly up here to get around this barrier, right?

But, then Irraly mentions seeing what is inside, and she flies back down so quickly that she looks like a small violet streak, deftly landing on Irraly's shoulder, clearly very excited.
"Inside? Really? There's more! Come on then!"
Then she pauses, looking briefly confused
"But... how will you get over this barrier? You can't fly."

Going to sleep now, so giving some idea of what Violet will be doing once we are allowed into the city

Once Inside the city:
While Irraly walks through the city, Violet, as excited as she has ever been, eagerly darts from place to place, looking at all of the amazing things she has never seen before, having only heard of them in some of her tales, and here they were! As they move through the city, however, Violet begins to slow down, as she is getting tired, between the fight with the salt mummy, the trip here, and the sheer excitement of a new place. Eventually, too tired to fly, she retreats back to Irraly's bosom, trembling, her head peeking out, and looking around eagerly still.

Christine Daae
2013-08-07, 10:00 PM
As Violet, true to her name flies down to her shoulder so fast that a streak of the very same color as her name is left in the wake she smiles feeling the familiar weight of her friend. Don't go to far away now, I don't want someone trying to keep you like a pet like you tried doing with that frog once. Irraly says kindly remembering how hard the petal had tried to raise it to be a "Good Froggy" and let her ride it. They will open it of course when they are done getting their view. Irraly says loud enough for all the guards up top to know she knew what was taking them so long to open the gates.

As Irraly and Violet finally enter the city she looks around trying to get her barrings. Having not been in a city or even a town in over seventy four years had its benefits as she looked at all the odd human structures. Why don't we just keep walking, I am sure we will find what I am looking for, a place to get information if you will. she says letting Violet enjoy herself as they looked for an inn or tavern. Anywhere thieves and cutthroats would hide out. Irraly can not help but smile as her lover slowly slows down and eventually rests between her bosom. You should get some sleep little one. Don't worry the alteration you did all those years back should support you in there if I have to run. Irraly said remembering on how the little fey had made it so she no longer slipped down if she did not want to as their was a thin layer of fabric she could lift up to support herself, using Irraly as her pillow.

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 05:59 AM
@Violet: You knock on the guard's helmet and a hollow sound is made.

"Hey! Stop that!"

"Don't anger them, man! They're probably from the woods. And yes, little pixie...errr petal, right? This is a bullseye lantern. See? Fire inside, not lightning."

@Irraly: As the guard above fixes the light from lantern on you, you notice the light stays put for a few seconds on your chest area.

"Uhhh...just turn around real quick, please...weapons check. Really fast."

You sigh at human males and the fate of the surface since it ran by them, apparently.

Turning around real quick you hear a whistle from the darkness above.

"Thank you, madam! Welcome to Justcrown. And the undead things? You might want to check with the churches. Either Mother Mathilda or Father Wilhelm. Just walk down the street and take a left, past the Foaming Wench and you should enter The Temple District. Look for a white chapel with a cherry tree- that's Father Wilhelm's chapel. The tall imposing Fortress belongs to the Cuthbertines, a few blocks down."

With violet tucked between your bosom, you make your way into Justcrown.

So many lights. None of which are natural.

Candles, lanterns hanging on wires wrapped in autumn wreathes stretching from building to building.

People, humans all of them, wearing autumnal wreaths and laughing and drinking in the streets.

Everyone seems to be having a merry time. Unbeknownst of what transpires in their back yard.

A woman, highly intoxicated by wine approaches you and smiles as he places a wreath on your head.

"You can't be walking around without a wreath silly! This is the Autumn festival! Come have a drink and...ohhh! So cuuuute! Is she your pet"

The young girl levels to your chest area as she looks at Violet.

Another of her friends, a slightly taller girl walks up and looks at you as she drinks from a bottle.

"OMG's! I so want one like that. Did you buty her at Silas?"

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 06:11 AM
Traveling the streets with Irraly, Violet is extremely excited, looking at all of the strange new things here. And there are so many people... But... Not trees, not flowers, although there are quite a few wreaths to look at, they are all amateurish.
"Me? A pet? But... that could be fun! I could go places, catch rides, all sorts of things. And frog was very happy, just the nymph less so. You know where we can look? There are so many strange things here. He could be in one of these strange trees, or hiding in one of these clearings... anywhere..."
After she returns to Irraly, still excited, Violet is speaking quickly, more quickly than she usually does.
"Sleep? But there are so many new things! There are these strange containers, filled with things, and so many strange smells... All these tables...!"
As the woman with the funny voice strides up, Violet looks at her, having never seen someone with such a voice, all slurred. Still, she had said hello, although she was a little... confused. Violet stands up, and waves eagerly at her.
"Hi! I'm Violet! Have you ever seen such a place! There are so many new things! You must be very lucky here! But I'm not a pet. And what is Silas?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 06:26 AM
@Violet: The drunken human gasps and smiles, eyes wide.

"It talks. Oh my gods! She is adorable! Silas is some...what is he?"

The other woman gulps down her bottle of wine as she exhales .

"I think he's a wizard. Probably at the palazzo now.Dancing with all the nobles. Pah! I wanted to get an invite, but I guess you need steep pockets and some fancy title to get in. Whatever."

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 06:33 AM
When the drunk human calls her adorable, Violet accepts it as a just due, however, as the woman casually mentions wizards, something she has heard only legends about, Violet's eyes go wide, and she speaks rapidly, excited.
"A wizard! A real wizard? I thought they were only legends! Where is this Palazzo? Could we speak to him? Please?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 06:43 AM
@Violet: The girls laughs.

"Of course he's a real wizard. has a school full of them, too! But it's probably closed for the night. You want to go to the palazzo? Well, head down the street, past the churches and then cross a small bridge and you should see it- big house with a metal gate. Biggest i town. But do you have an invite. They are having some fancy party right now and unless you have an invite, you won't be allowed in."

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 06:46 AM
As the girl describes him as a read wizard, Violet's eyes go even wider, almost as though they are going to fall out of her head.
"Really! "
as she turns to Irraly, her voice high pitched, speaking rapidly, and very excited
"Can we please go and see him? A real Wizard! Please!"

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 09:06 AM
Violet has to stop herself from putting her hand over her face as the drunks come over to her. Go figure the only women she had seen so far of the mortal races also happened to be drunks like the men of her race. Probably from cheaper stuff too. She told herself as she accepted the wreath on her head. I do not have time for idel drinks, I need to find someone. Irraly says ignoring the human thing calling Violet a pet as Violet began to speak up losing focus. Violet we need to find Steiner, they are counting on us. And the guards at the gate said we may be able to get help from the churches. This Mother Matilda sounds like a good person. Irraly says trying to excuse herself from the females and continue on her way to the foaming wench to find this Steiner, and then the Mother Matilda, she only hoped she was not like a Marton Mother.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 09:12 AM
Easily distracted. A good description for Violet. Reason why sending her alone would have been... bad.

When Irraly declines to go see the wizard, Violet looks quite sad, and protests. She would really like to see the wizard. They did all sorts of fun things in the stories.
"But... a wizard... he could help us find Steiner! And... it is in a big house, right? So, lots of people live there, right? Maybe they could help as well? Can we go there after stopping in at these churches? Are they like the ones in the stories, with the giant window flowers, and really, really tall trees at the edge?"

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 11:58 AM
As Violet looks up at her protesting and looking sad about not seeing a wizard Irraly chuckles softly as she runs one of her fingers through the feys hair. Not all wizards are like the ones in the story, and though some would very well be able to help us find Steiner, it is normally easier to find someone who is in hiding by going to a place people go to hide. I don't know about surface churches, but if the stories we were told are true then yes Violet. Irraly says gently before trying to excuses herself from the two drunk women and make her way to the tavern, what was it called A Foaming Bench? Such an odd name.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 12:02 PM
"Aw..."
Violet seems sad, and regretful. Even the tips of her ears seem to droop at the failure to go and see a wizard, let alone the idea that the wizard might not be like the ones in the stories. Of course he would be...
However, when Irraly mentions the churches as being like the ones in the stories, her thoughts on wizards fly, like so many others this night, out of her head.
"Can we go and see them! They would be lovely! And I could collect a glass flower, and the others would love that!"

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 12:29 PM
I told you when our family is safe I will bring you back here Violet, and I meant it. When that comes you can explore as long as you want. Irraly says softly to her trying to make her sadness go away. Seeing her eyes and ears begin to drop though she lets out a sigh before speaking softly to her, in a voice no louder then needed to be. I promise to make it up to you later when we are alone. before winking at her. Yes I guess we can go to the churches first. Irraly decides giving Violet this much.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 01:05 PM
Violet, hearing Irraly's promise, cheers up, but then, as she continues, and lets her go and see the churches first, she brightens up even more, smiling cheerfully.
"Really! Thank you!"
Violet turns around, and hugs Irraly, or, at least, tries to.
After that does not work, she leaps out of Irraly's bosom, and kisses her, before settling on a shoulder.
"thank you, thank you thank you! I can't wait to see them!"

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 02:32 PM
@Irraly & Violet: You head down the crowded streets. The drunken folks whistle and promise sweet nothings to the alabaster elf as she struts her perfect physique through the lantern lit streets.

I think I'm in love!

Come have a drink with me, beautiful

I love some dark meat!

You reach the temple district and in fact, the guard was not lying.

A quaint white chapel with a cherry tree outside marks the temple of Pelor.

But that is not your destination.

You stop at an imposing fortress. Where it not for the symbol of the Cudgel on its banner beside the raised lowered portcullis, it might as well be a military outpost.

A pair of guards in heavy armor approach you and make a military salute.

"A late hour, madam. Do you seek hospice? Father Wilhelm may be able to provide."

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 02:44 PM
Violet looks at the cherry tree, hoping that there are some cherries on it.
If there are:

"Cherries!"
Violet, seeing the cherries, reminding her that she has not eaten in hours, darts from Irraly's shoulder, and flies over to the tree, collecting twenty cherries in short order, carrying them in her bag. She then flies back, and lands back on Irraly's shoulder, extracting one, and offering it to Irraly.
If Irraly declines, she will start eating it, if not, she will pull out another one, carefully carrying the fruit in both hands as she eats it, looking very happy with herself

If there are not:

Violet is disappointed at the lack of cherries on the tree, mentally complaining to an uncaring god, leaving poor, hungry petals around the place... :smalltongue:

After arriving at the Cuthbertine church, Violet eagerly points out the guards.
"Look, Irraly, more of those golems, like the ones on the wall!"
After the guards speak, Violet stands on Irraly's shoulder, and looks at them.
"We are looking for Steiner, a bard. Can you help us? And can I look at the glass flowers?"
The last sentence is hurriedly added.

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 03:11 PM
@Violet: You fly off Irraly's shoulder and snatch a bunch of cherries as you spot a red haired woman in white robes by the window, blowing out a candle before shutting the curtains to a glass surface.

With food in hand, Irraly smiles as she opens her move and you place a cherry in it, which she munches quickly as she winks at you, intentionally biting inches away from your fingers.

The guards look at you with a raised eyebrow.

"The Cuthbertine guard does not hire golems...errr...lady?"

One of the guards stands at attention.

@Irraly: The other guard looks at you as Violet keeps confusing armored men with golems.

"As stated earlier, Mother Mathilda is now resting, but Father wilhelm of the Pelorites may be more than willing to give you a room. The Foaming Wench should also accomodate travelers."

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 03:15 PM
Violet waves cheerfully at the women in the blurred ingress in the building, wondering if she would see her.

Violet looks at the maybe-not-golem curiously.
"But... aren't you a golem? A metal man?"
No one could carry metal plates like that, so they must be a part of him...

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 04:27 PM
As Irraly hears the thank come from Violet she gets ready to say it was no problem only to be stired by the fey trying to hug her and instead foundling a lot more. And was more then willing as she came up to kiss her, cupping the fey between her hands, and slowly using her fingers to excite her. We will definitely be doing that latter. she adds in when the kiss ends and violet goes to sit on her shoulder.

As she walks the streets with Violet on her shoulders she listens to the dunks smiling as she says You men would be done in the first few seconds. Leaving me needing of a real lover. She says taunting them as she continues to strut her stuff and thinking nothing of it.

Eventually they reach the two temples and as Violet flys over to the cherry tree she waits for her to come back, seductively taking a bight of the cherry that is presented to her. Almost tastes like my favorite petal. she says looking down at her before walking over to the fortress. I am not here for a place to sleep, I come to speak to your leader. I was told she could help me against the undead abominations attacking my home in the woods. Irraly says looking at the guards as she waits for them to let her in and lead her to Mother Matilda, for once a female was in charge it seemed. Softly to Violet she adds They are people in less revealing armor then I is all not golems. explaining to the fey the difference before going on. We are also as my friend has said looking for a Steiner Lacrous said to be here by the fey who sent us to ask for help.

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 04:47 PM
@Irraly: The mention of the word undead is enough for the guard to shout to his fellow guard beyond the gate to raise the portcullis and allow you entrance.

A few people inside, as you see a courtyard and a few cuthbertines patrolling the training fields.

The guard stops at a large wooden door and knocks.

Come in!

The guard opens the door for you and you stand in a large circular room with a desk at the end and a few candles for light.

An elderly woman with her hair tied in a bun and thick glasses writes on some documents with a fine quill and you can smell the scent of herbal tea from a tea set beside the papers.

The woman gets up and looks at you and Violet.

"odd guests at an unusual hour. You are drow, are you not? The last thing I need is a drow incursion on Justcrown. I am aware of the undead problem in the city, but we have found nobody to link it to. I was clear to a group asking about this same exact issue a few days ago- The Fey Woods are not a part of Justcrown's Jurisdiction. The city cannot enter the woods in force and leave ourselves open to other means of attack."

Mathilda sits down and sips on her tea.

"Steiner Lacore? You are chasing a myth. He does not exist. The so called wandering Minstrel is but a children's tale. I am sorry you have come all the way here for nothing, but I have problems of my own which endanger the city..."

Mathilda goes in thought.

"You mentioned undead. In the forest. Any one in particular?"

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 04:54 PM
By the time that Irraly finishes the kiss with her, Violet is shuddering, tormented by the skillful, experienced fingers of Irraly. Indeed, she almost falls off when she tries to sit on her shoulder, barely hanging on with a flap of her wings.

When Irraly eats the cherry, Violet smiles, glad that she had enjoyed it, but as Irraly compared the taste to her, Violet knew that Irraly had something else on her mind, but she still accepted the compliment.

However, as Irraly explains that the men are not golems, Violet looks at her in disbelief, astonishment coloring her words.
"But... how can they move in that much metal? I could not even lift one piece, and they just carry it all, easily!"

Inside the Temple
As they enter the temple, Violet looks eagerly around for the glass flowers that the older petals had described, but saw none, which made her sad.
After entering the room, Violet is saddened that there are still no glass flowers. However, when the woman claims that Steiner is not real, she looks at her, horrified. He had to be real. Uwellyn had said so!
"But... Steiner is real! If we can't find him, that evil water hating lich will kill us all!"

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 05:01 PM
I am not one of them, though if I were to guess they had a lot of training and muscles under such suits. Irraly says to the fey as she is led inside.

So you will not help the fey and let them fall? Do you not think that dam man in white robes will not come here when he is done with them. As for who he is he calls himself a Senchal or something like that. And here I thought I would find courage in a woman on the surface. It seems you are all cowards and drunks. Irraly says mad the woman would not help her and even more annoyed she had called the bard a myth. Care to tell me why I know so much about your people then, or that this thing comes from the sea of sands? Steiner Lacrous is real and I was told I could find him in this city along with help. Irraly says getting worked up. Had the fey been wrong? Were the humans going to refuse to come and help them.

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 05:41 PM
@Irraly: Mathilda gets up from her desk and looks at you through her thick glasses.

"Dark elf, do not forget you are not in the Underdark. This is the Duchy of Justcrown and I am the Law here. Coming to my chambers and insulting me warrants arrest..."

Mathilda walks around her desk and stands a few fewt away from you, frowning and raising an eyebrow at your cleavage.

"If you are walking around the city that way during the Autumn Ball, do not complain if you are attacked. However, you are not the first to bring attention to me regarding an undead and one calling himself a Seneschal."

Mathilda walk to her desk and writes a letter. A quick one.

"Father Alexander Anderson, inquisitor. He is looking into this case and it may just be related. He should be at the palazzo for the Autumn Ball. Show this to the guard at the gate, it states you are representing me."

@Violet: Mathilda looks at you and adjudts her thick glasses.

"I have never seen fey such as you. I imagine you must be a capricious sort. Not here. Observe the laws and stick to the drow. I don't want the citizens scared by rampant fey."

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 05:50 PM
As Mathilda threatens Irraly, Violet looks outraged.
"Hey, Irraly is nice, so can you be nice too? Please?"

However, when Mathilda writes the letter, and says that they would need to go to the Palazzo, the same place that the wizard was at, Violet grins, broadly.
"Yay! We get to see the Wizard!"
For some reason, she seems quite pleased with herself, and is very excited about the prospect of visiting a real wizard. Indeed, she is practically dancing with joy.

Violet quails slightly under Mathilda's gaze, but soon rallies, protesting Mathilda's depiction of her as capricious.
"But... I'm not capricious. I just like new things, and maybe a good trick or two, and flowers, and rides, and fruit, and honey, and fun things. Not capricious at all!"

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 06:09 PM
And you are sentencing those outside your walls to death. Not in the Underdark you say, sounds like survival of the fittest to me. Irraly says as the woman gets up from her desk and looks at her through her thick glasses. Irraly then watches as she walks around the desk and stares at her cleavage with a raised eyebrow and a frown. If I am attacked as I told the guards I will defend myself, whether they were drunk or not is for the LAW to deal with. making it a point to stress the word law as she believed in no such thing and hated the whole entire concept.

Irraly then watches as she goes back to her desk and writes a quick letter. And this man, this Inquisitor will help the fey from this abomination and not push his laws down their throat? She says as the women called Violet capricious.

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 06:16 PM
@Irraly: Mathilda hands you the envelope.

"Father Alexander Anderson will not shove the law down their throats, no. He understands, like I do that it is not Justcrown's jurisdiction, but he is also a paladin. And apparently, there may be some history between him and that creature. That is all I know."

@Violet: Mathilda looks at you through her thick glasses.

"A Cuthbertine does not threaten. A Cuthbertine states the Law and warns of consequences should these be broken. We are not Hextorites."

Upon your excitement to see a wizard, Mathilda shakes her head slightly.

"I have heard fey have powers beyond human comprehension, many of an arcane nature. You have never seen a wizard in the woods?"

Upon the mention of tricks, flowers, fruits, and honey, the stern inquisitor goes back to her desk and takes a seat.

"Dismissed."

@Irraly & Violet: Asking for directions to the palazzo outside the Cuthbertine Fortress, you are escorted by a guard until you stop a block away from a very large house.

"Those big gates? That's the entrance. A guard should take let you in. Have fun."

You walk towards the gates, closed, of course. You can see an amazing display of lights and tall trees in a neat row with lanterns on them and far off, what appears to be a multicolored fountain.

But there is nobody at the door. Upon checking it, you notice the gate is unlocked.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 06:22 PM
Violet cheerfully shakes her head, denying Mathilda's claim.
"We don't have any strange powers, not like a wizard. Nothing like what a wizard can do. A wizard can make things float, or fly, or change shape, or many other fun things."

After reaching the doors, Violet looks around, flying over them and back, looking for the aforementioned not-golem, as well as the wizard.

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 06:27 PM
As they are dismissed Irraly storms off in the direction the guards point her in. Unguarded gates. She says shaking her head in disgust as she opens it.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 06:29 PM
Having returned to Irraly, Violet reports back, once more, excited by the possibility of adventure.
"No guards? We can go and find someone to tell, right?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 07:00 PM
@Irraly & Violet: With a loud creaking sound, you open the gate and step in.

This place is very large. A road paved in clear cut cobblestone and flanked by rows of illuminated trees. Nothing like the Fey Woods, of course. These have been tended by man, not Nature, as evidenced by the neat rows and perfect trimmings.

Then, you see something that should not be.

Cages. Eight of them.

And lying on the garden, staining it in blood, eight large panther like creatures with wicked barbed tentacles. Some have been horrendously cut. Others, flash frozen. And still others shocked to death.

Then, your attention goes to a stage- or what used to be a stage, as the head or a stone angel has fallen on it, squashing the construction.

Three pillars surround the stage, now empty. A bunch off chairs lie strewn around the garden. As if people got up in a hurry.

Then, there's the house.

An imposing two story mansion with large windows, many of which are dark.

Yet the most attention comes from the rooftop.

Two people are fighting, or dancing, given their blades clashing with each other.

You can see a tall woman fighting a short man. Difficult to tell what they are, given the distance, but both seem very fast with their blade styles.

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 07:13 PM
As Irraly sees the scene unfolding she cringes at the sight, what kind of festival was this? She asked herself looking at the dead bodies and the two figures fighting on the roof. Perhaps she would get answers inside she thought casting a few spells as she got closer.

Once at the door casting Protection from evil and Shield for a total of +6 to AC, and +2 to saves.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 07:22 PM
Violet, looking at the carefully tended trees, and expertly cut grass feels sad. It is almost beautiful, in a mechanical way, but it is no match for the beauty of her home. She watches the trees from Irraly's shoulder as she walks down the road.

As she sees the cages, her eyes show horror. Nothing should be kept like that! She flies over to the poor cats, barely noticing the tentacles as she looks them over. Dead. All of them. It was sad, to live in a cage, and to be killed upon experiencing freedom.

She looks around the devastated area, and comes to a simple conclusion: The humans know how to throw a party.

And then she hears the fighting, and flies up, hoping to get a better look at them, wondering why they are fighting. There was a party to attend!

AlanBruce
2013-08-08, 07:35 PM
@Irraly: You start making your way to the double doors that lead to the palazzo proper, ignoring the fight above and casting a few spells on yourself.

That's when Violet leaves your shoulder and flies up.

@Violet: You fly up towards the roof and get a better look.

The tall one is a woman. A beautiful woman with red autumn hair.

Wait...you have seen her. Well, not her, but many like her.

This is a nymph. And one of the most beautiful ever, that's for sure.

The other one, look like Gigglemug a little, if just for the size, with a white mohawk and pointy ears. Both nymph and little guy wear cloaks and light armor. Both had beautifully crafted daggers.

The short one defends as the nymph runs deftly over the shingles and does a cross slash with her blades, forcing the little man to bend on one knee.

He then turns his eyes to you.

Deep blue swirling eyes.

"Get out of here! This isn't a place for you!"

The nymph looks at you as well with beautiful amber eyes and smiles devilishly.

"On the contrary, why don't you stay, little petal?"

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 07:42 PM
Violet, arriving at the scene, looks on the fight, wondering why they are fighting. And then it occurs to her: Why not ask? One wants her to stay, one wants her to go, but both seem focused on the other.

She takes the simple solution, trying to shock them.
She pulls out another cherry, holding it out to them.
"Would you like a cherry? And why are you fighting? Isn't this supposed to be a party? Or something?

Christine Daae
2013-08-08, 07:42 PM
As Irraly sees Violet flying up she herself looks up to see the combatants. Violet get down here, we need to find that wizard to save the fey woods from that dry lich and Balion. She calls out to the small fey trying to get her away from a battle she could not reach.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 07:47 PM
And... Moving to IC thread now.