PDA

View Full Version : Chargarian build.

Jesterface
2013-08-04, 06:38 AM
Running a 1st level game, with a mix of new players and more experienced ones, and one of the newbies (admittedly has taken to the game like a duck to water) is playing a barbarian and looking into a charge-based tactic build. Pretty much sorted for how to make a decent charger (possibly looking at two levels of Fighter for bonus feats), but he likes the idea of causing fear and panic when he charges, and has maxed his Intimidate. Now I've told him about the Never Outnumbered skill trick (mass demoralise is very appealing to him) and I wondered if it worked in conjunction with Intimidating Rage.

Any thoughts/clarifications?

Feint's End
2013-08-04, 07:20 AM
Yes it does since it allows you to intimidate as a free action with all the normal effects of intimidating (except for the increased duration). It gets broken with Imperious Command since the enemy would be cowering instead of being shaken and that for the whole duration of your rage.
You should suggest the fearsome armorenchantment too. Intimidating as a move action (for the times he doesn't rage) and a +5 bonus on Intimidate are nothing to sneeze on.

Infundibular
2013-08-04, 07:33 AM
Remember, you need eight ranks in Intimidate to get Never Outnumbered.

For the Charging bit, Power Attack and Leap Attack are always promising. Leap Attack isn't available until level 5, though.

The Dreadful Wrath feat has to be taken at first level, but if you're willing to bend the rules, it gives you a frightful presence when you charge, full attack, or cast a spell.

Imperious Command (DrU) makes demoralized foes cower instead of being shaken, but also requires eight ranks in Intimidate.

Jesterface
2013-08-04, 07:35 AM
Many thanks guys! I know about prerequisites for skill tricks and stuff, we're just looking at future options for the guy.

EDIT: Where is the Fearsome armour trait you're talking about, Feint's End? The one I have listed is a 3/day panic everyone within a certain radius.

Darrin
2013-08-04, 08:05 AM
EDIT: Where is the Fearsome armour trait you're talking about, Feint's End? The one I have listed is a 3/day panic everyone within a certain radius.

Fearsome armor property was updated in Drow of the Underdark. It's now a +5000 GP fixed cost. You get a +5 enhancement bonus on Intimidate checks, and you can demoralize as a move action.

Jesterface
2013-08-04, 08:18 AM
That. Is. Amazing.