PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Templates

Infundibular
2013-08-04, 07:43 AM
Is it possible to add the same template more than once? I'm playing in a high-cheese game, and I was wondering if I could apply templates that boost CHA more than once. For example, my current best is a Magic-Blooded Unseelie Half-Fiend (Succubus Variant) Primordial Giant Incarnate Warforged. If I have LA to spare, could I apply the Half-Fiend template again?

Mithril Leaf
2013-08-04, 07:48 AM
Not unless it's a variant of the template itself. You could apply standard half-fiend for example (unless I'm forgetting type conflicts). At least so the logic goes for half-dragons.

ShurikVch
2013-08-04, 07:58 AM
Is it OK to add "Half-Fiend" on outsider? :smallconfused:
There are other variants of half-fiend.
You can apply them just like multiple "half-dragon" templates.
Also, lemorian. (DU143 p55)(DU146 p66)
Alu-Demon template (DR355 p010) is very close to "Half-Fiend (Succubus Variant)" so you probably shouldn't add it.

Zanos
2013-08-04, 02:20 PM
Check out Evolved Undead in Libris Mortis. Page 99. It explicitly allows you to apply it multiple times, gives +2 Str/Cha, 1 AC, some spell like abillities, and 3 Fast Healing. +1 LA for each application.

SolioFebalas
2013-08-05, 01:29 AM
I think no, unless the context clearly otherwise noted. For example, there are several +0 LA templates, and if it were possible to add them a few times it would lead to dire consequences. Imagine Barb who took 10x Arctic template and 10x Wild template and begin at first level with +20 Str and +20 Con and same +0 LA.

Mithril Leaf
2013-08-05, 01:59 AM
I think no, unless the context clearly otherwise noted. For example, there are several +0 LA templates, and if it were possible to add them a few times it would lead to dire consequences. Imagine Barb who took 10x Arctic template and 10x Wild template and begin at first level with +20 Str and +20 Con and same +0 LA.

On the other hand, one Ego whip would put him down, no matter what.

NOTE: Still no same template a bunch of times support from me.

VariSami
2013-08-05, 03:35 AM
Multiples of Evolved Undead stacked on a Necropolitan are indeed nice.

Correct me if I am wrong but does Incarnate Construct not make the Warforged a humanoid since he is medium or smaller? I remember it making giants only if they are Large to begin with.

Also, I think you might be missing the difference between acquired and inherited templates. Because your Warforged would need to have the inherited templates before acquiring Incarnate construct, and I am quite sure that many of them cannot be tacked on a construct.

ShurikVch
2013-08-05, 04:44 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but does Incarnate Construct not make the Warforged a humanoid since he is medium or smaller? I remember it making giants only if they are Large to begin with.
You are correct. OP better to take Half-Fiend(Glabrezu) - large size and +4 Cha.

Also, I think you might be missing the difference between acquired and inherited templates. Because your Warforged would need to have the inherited templates before acquiring Incarnate construct, and I am quite sure that many of them cannot be tacked on a construct.
You can wish for inherited templates just like you can wish for inherited ability bonus.

Spuddles
2013-08-05, 04:48 AM
You are correct. OP better to take Half-Fiend(Glabrezu) - large size and +4 Cha.

It's Incarnate Construct, though, not Incarnate Outsider.

Brains
2013-08-06, 01:48 PM

You can wish for inherited templates just like you can wish for inherited ability bonus.

You can wish for inherent ability score boosts. What is your source saying wish can grant inherited template?