PDA

View Full Version : Need more Superweapons

Blackhawk748
2013-08-04, 12:39 PM
As the Orks say, i needs more dakka lol but seriously. I am playing a Druid in a AEG Empire campaign, and we are playing at kingdom scale, now i have already purchased a Soarwhale from the Arms and Equipment Guide as well as recently purchasing the Nautilus and equipping it with 26 heavy catapults. Now on my next turn i plan on buying another Submarine and equipping it the same way, after that i plan on purchasing a couple of ships and giving them Flight Sails. So even having all of this i feel like i need to have a bigger and better superweapon, so where else to turn except to GitP :smallbiggrin: So all of you crazy supervillains i need your biggest scariest weapon/weapon platforms you have, oh and i have a TON of money to play with.

And in advance thanks for the assist

Flickerdart
2013-08-04, 12:42 PM
The Cube is probably the best example of WBLmancy (you don't need the super secret ultimate version, just the regular one will do for most things).

Blackhawk748
2013-08-04, 12:45 PM
The Cube? are you referring to the movie because i havent seen it.

DeathOfAMailman
2013-08-04, 01:10 PM
It involves using some stuff from the AEG to build an impenetrable cube. Some versions have a prismatic field on the outside to make it a weapon. I can't Google it because I'm on mobile, but it's there if you look for it.

unseenmage
2013-08-04, 01:19 PM
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook. Using the rules for special walls you build a one Stronghold Space room and augment the walls with all the cool stuff possible.

As an added bonus you don't give it a door or windows, just Teleport in and out. After you up it's Hardness via Hardening/Augment Objects/Matter Manipulation it's not only impenetrable but since you've also given it the fastest movement speed it makes for one heck of a bulldozer.

Intelligent Animated Objects via the Minor Servitor spell from Savage Species can be useful too, but more for reconnaissance/spying than as death machines. Use it on Shapesand and they can look like whatever or whoever (just mimic a statue of the person) you want.Living Metal from faerun and Livewood from Eberron are also hilarious with this.

Intelligent Magic Items would work the same way, a given character can only command one at a time or else they actively try to interfere with each other but, you could equip your higher level dudes with them.

Intelligent Magic items can also be made nearly autonomous via the Flying weapon enhancement from Magic of Faerun and imbueing the item with at-will Unseen Servant/Telekinesis.

Constructs and Golems can be considered magic items by one interpretation and can have the Custom Magic item rules used on them for Custom Magic Constructs. One-use Golems, Wondrous Architecture Golems, and Golems with #xday spell uses all become possible.

If you're allowed epic stuff the Epic Golems are sort of horrifying, esp if customizable.

Constructs/Undead are fun for another reason, they don't need to breathe and so can be stored in Portable Holes and Enveloping Pits (MIC) by the truckload. Using the Squeezing rules from the PH you can fit in even more (like 2 Huge creatures in a Portable Hole, it's awesome ridiculous.)

There's a Dragon Magazine with intelligent ships adapted from some novel series, they have a living figurehead and special powers but they obey a specific bloodline of person.

Abraham Lincoln is said to have basically won the American Cival War because he threw trains at the problem. You could cleverly do the same by buying yourself some Lightning Rails from Eberron.

Hope some of that helps. Sorry it's not more specific.
Edit: Sorry for the wall-of-text edit. I hit the submit button after only the first paragraph out of habit and on account of having just woken up. My bad.

Blackhawk748
2013-08-04, 01:24 PM
Thats freaking sweet, though i think my DM may hit me as im basically making a borg cube lol

Those all sound like a lot of fun, however sadly my feats are a tad tied up so i cant make any golems or anything like that