PDA

View Full Version : Warblade stat distribution

cbaidchris
2013-08-04, 01:49 PM
Rollin up what will eventually be a Warblade 10/Eternal Blade 10. Elf obviously. Stat rolls are 18, 16, 16, 14, 11, 8 (before racial adjusting). How would you distribute them? Also on a side note, any feat advice is appreciated, going THF non tripper. Most likely charge oriented.

ericp65
2013-08-04, 02:00 PM
Rollin up what will eventually be a Warblade 10/Eternal Blade 10. Elf obviously. Stat rolls are 18, 16, 16, 14, 11, 8 (before racial adjusting). How would you distribute them? Also on a side note, any feat advice is appreciated, going THF non tripper. Most likely charge oriented.

STR 18, DEX 14 CON 16 INT 16 WIS 14 CHA 8 is how I'd do it.

tyckspoon
2013-08-04, 02:04 PM
Str 18, Con 16, Int 16, Dex 14, Wis 11, Cha 8. Unless you plan to use the Concentration-based strikes as your primary attacks, in which case switch Con and Str. You're a melee combatant, which means you need Str and Con as primary stats, and the secondary class features of Warblade as well as most of the features of Eternal Blade key on Intelligence. If you want one of your mental aspects to be more relevant the 14 could go to Wis or Cha, and then your racial adjustment would move Dex up to something more useful.

Manly Man
2013-08-04, 02:04 PM
STR 18, DEX 14 CON 16 INT 16 WIS 11 CHA 8 is how I'd do it.

Fix'd; you got one of the numbers wrong.

But apart from that, this. Switch around Strength and Dexterity if for some reason you decide to do TWF instead, but yeah, Eric nailed it on the head for you.

cbaidchris
2013-08-04, 02:36 PM
and these numbers are before adjusting? basically my question boils down to is it more important for me to have +1 to my AC or +1 to my health per level? I havent really delved into the mathematics side of the game

tyckspoon
2013-08-04, 02:50 PM
and these numbers are before adjusting? basically my question boils down to is it more important for me to have +1 to my AC or +1 to my health per level? I havent really delved into the mathematics side of the game

Con is generally more useful than Dex; their are plenty of ways to get AC if you want it, you get Int to Reflex saves as a Warblade, and you're probably going to get Improved Initiative as one of your bonus feats, so most of what Dex does is not really all that important. On the other hand, Con covers HP and Fortitude, which means it's a defence against two things that will generally just kill you. And as a Warblade, if you want to choose them you have maneuvers that will allow you to apply your Con to your attacks, damage, and saves (via the Diamond Mind maneuvers that substitute a Concentration check for those things.) I'd just about always pick higher Con over higher Dex.

Manly Man
2013-08-04, 03:08 PM
You're already getting d12 hit points, so just one more per level isn't going to make a big difference. The Dexterity will help out with Touch AC, even if only by one point, which can save your skin a lot more than just having an extra hit point or two; enervation comes to mind, as just one example. Sure, you have stuff like Wall of Blades, but that's only usable once every other round without some serious cheese.

paddyfool
2013-08-04, 03:13 PM

Yes, those numbers are before adjusting. Otherwise, where is the 18 in Str coming from? After racial adjustment, they come out as follows:

Str 18, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 8

You would have been better off without the racial adjustment, but only by a little, so don't worry about it too much. Con 14 is still v decent.