PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Spellweave & Friendly chatting.

XnOs
2013-08-04, 03:15 PM
Hey gentlemen! :smallcool:

I am playing the Scenario Aberrations No spoilers please:smallbiggrin:

Me? I am a level 9 Whisper gnome whom channels his strength from Fharlanghn, the god of travel.

I Am playing a Cloistered Cleric 4/Warlock 1/ Eldritch Disciple 4.
I've chosen the Invocations Eldritch Spear, See the unseen and Baleful Utterance.

And I've chosen the Domains Knowledge (Cloistered Cleric perk), Travel Domain and Celerity.

When it comes to Feats I've chosen Travel Devotion, Meta Magic Quicken, Divine Meta Magic Quicken and Extra Turning.

Gift of the Divine Patron: I chose Healing blast and Corrupted blast (Haven't tried the last one yet.)

Important Items: Warlocks Scepter, Gloves of Eldritch Admixture, Ring of Protection +1, Ring of Forc Shield, Cloak of Elven Kind/ Periapt of Wisdom.

I Am looking forward the the next Invocation, where i get to choose a Lesser. I'm struggling in choosing between The 2 hour Fly or the 24 hour Invisible.

Leaning towards the 24 hour invisibility. Since the Travel Domain grant me the spell FLY as a level 3 domain spell. :smallwink:

We've been all over the place, and due to a lack of players (we are currently 3, and started out under-leveled) there has been a few deaths.

We went into the manor, and got a nasty surprise. One guy died and me and the barbarian went "Peace Out."

After that we side-tracked to a small "inbetween scenario" To play in a new character and gain a little xp/treasures.

We climbed atop of the mine, and the wizard flying around invisible, was spottet by my "see the unseen." She was airborne and 60 ft up when i threw my Dispell Magic. Sadly it did not remove her Fly-Spell, but it removed the next best thing. Her invis.

I Had alarmed the Party Skill-Monkey, and as he had a turn before the wizard, he did a ready action to sneak her, as she flew by. After that she threw one fireball and then an eldritch blast took her down.

Anyways.. that's enough Chitter Chatter! :)

I Wanted to ask the Forum "What good is Eldritch Spellweave" ? I Can't seem to find an awesome use for it. :)

Also, i was sad to find out that i can't use 2 swift actions in one turn. Meaning i can't boost the Eldritch Healing Blast. It's a swift action to apply the extra dices, and another to apply the Healing Blast feature.

Have i understood this correctly? :smallfrown::smallbiggrin:

Also very important: How are you guys? Have you been up to any epic adventures lately? :smallcool: (I can relate to 3.5 D&D the easiest, but a good story translates to every system!:smallbiggrin:)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-04, 03:44 PM
I Wanted to ask the Forum "What good is Eldritch Spellweave" ? I Can't seem to find an awesome use for it. :)
Mmm. Well, warlocks can hand out some pretty nasty debuffs, especially at higher levels-- blinding, confusion, nausea, slowing, and negative levels are all solid options. So... that's something?

XnOs
2013-08-04, 03:52 PM
Mmm. Well, warlocks can hand out some pretty nasty debuffs, especially at higher levels-- blinding, confusion, nausea, slowing, and negative levels are all solid options. So... that's something?

That is indeed something, but as i have delayed levels on the Warlock Front, I wont get anything impressive in the near future. :-)

Then again, I can easily have missed something. :smallsmile:

Feralventas
2013-08-04, 05:09 PM
Well, let's take a look at the easiest effect you can attack with on a touch-attack as a Cleric.

Inflict spells.

>Hammer Blast.
Your negative energy now deals full damage to objects; you no longer need the barbarian or fighter to open doors or gates for you when the rogue is busy.

>frightful and Sickening blast.
Extra debuffs to go with your damage, making these simple spells crippling.

Those are from the Least essences I can find. If you can get Lesser, there's also

>Hindering Blast
Save or be Slowed as well as harmed.

>Beshadowed Blast
Save or be blind, unable to retaliate or prevent further harm.

>Brimstone
Not really so great, but sometimes you just need energy type changes....to the most commonly resisted type? Idk.

>Hellrime
Save or take Dex Penalty. Not so great either; if you wanted this to be able to spam via Eldritch Blast, best to keep using it that way.

Essentially it's a feature to add more penalties to anything you hit with your spells, including a few of the touch-attack spells from Spell Compendium as well.