PDA

View Full Version : Mechanus Gear

Virdish
2013-08-04, 03:49 PM
Looking st this armor it looks pretty neat and like something I would love to make a character who was able to wear it. My first thought would be to go Divine or Psionics to avoid asf though I'm sure we could get the asf pretty low.

My question is how low can we get the asf/armor penaltly on a Mechanus Gear armour

Edit: also is there any way to get the dwarfs ability to ignore speed penalties on a non dwarf?

Darrin
2013-08-04, 04:49 PM
My question is how low can we get the asf/armor penaltly on a Mechanus Gear armour

-20%, Blended Quartz (A&EG)
-10%, Twilight property (MIC)
-10%, Spellsword 1 (Complete Warrior)
-5%, Githcraft/Feycraft (DMGII)
-5%, Thistledown Suit
-----
-50% ASF Total

As far as ACP goes, probably the best you can do:
-10 to start with
+3, Mithral
+2, Nimbleness property (MIC)
+1, Hellforged (DMGII)
-----
-4 ACP Total

Edit: also is there any way to get the dwarfs ability to ignore speed penalties on a non dwarf?

Tooth of Dahlver-Nar: Savnok (2000 GP, Tome of Magic). The Influence/Impairment penalty can be kinda annoying, though. Dip one level of Binder and you can bind Aym for Dwarven Step.

Andezzar
2013-08-05, 12:44 AM
If you use Mithral for ACP eduction, you can also use it for ASF reduction. So Spellsword 1 or any other -10% are not needed. Knight 4 will let you ignore speed reduction for medium armor (including mithral mechanus gear), Knight 9 does it for genuine heavy armor.

The tooth has another problem. There is only one such tooth - in the universe. Or was it in all the universes? Good luck getting one.

Darrin
2013-08-05, 06:57 AM
If you use Mithral for ACP eduction, you can also use it for ASF reduction. So Spellsword 1 or any other -10% are not needed.

Mithral only drops ASF by -10%. Even if you combine Feycraft/Githcraft/Thistledown suit for -15% and Twilight for another -10%, you can't reduce 50% ASF to 0%. At best, you can try Spellsword 3 for an additional -15%, but you lose a caster level that way.

The tooth has another problem. There is only one such tooth - in the universe. Or was it in all the universes? Good luck getting one.

Another easy way to counter the movement penalty is just increase your speed by +10'. Boots of Striding and Springing (5500 GP, DMG) or Boots of the Unending Journy (4000 GP, MIC) are both quite affordable.