PDA

View Full Version : Subdual Damage Regeneration

Ace Nex
2013-08-04, 11:03 PM
Quick question of which the answer is eluding me thusfar, if you are immune to subdual damage and have regeneration, does that mean you are immune to all damage save what overcomes your regeneration?

NeoPhoenix0
2013-08-04, 11:10 PM
That is one interpretation, another is that you can't convert the damage to subdual. It is a problem that isn't supposed to come up.

Also creatures without con scores can not benefit from regeneration. That covers most cases.

karkus
2013-08-05, 12:08 AM
Yeah, you'd just brush it off. The wording of regenerations makes it sound almost entirely as though it doesn't "convert" to subdual; you take subdual from that particular attack, as though it were with a fist, etc..

CRtwenty
2013-08-05, 12:54 AM
You need to be living or have a con score to gain regeneration in most cases, so the majority of things that are immune to subdual damage aren't elgibile. Otherwise by RAW I'd say that yes, the thing in question is immune to damage that doesn't bypass its regeration.

Kitzo
2013-08-05, 08:23 PM
I'd have to say, yes also, as that is what I am currently running in my group, and I've gotten no end of "You're broken as hell" for it. It's a fantastic way to run a tank, so long as you don't abuse it to hard, but then the challenge rating walks in, and that's where all of the issues come into play with this RAW ruling. By DM standards anyway, because nothing hurts you anymore, but that's a different conversation, Subdual Damage, plus Regen, and you take nothing unless otherwise stated. :smallbiggrin: Just reassuring you =)