PDA

View Full Version : Getting Perform to everything

123456789blaaa
2013-08-05, 03:50 AM
Exactly what it says on the tin :smallbiggrin:.

Right now I have:

Normal Bardic Music (obviously)

The Stormsinger PRC (Frostburn) gains new uses for Bardic Music. Two of the abilities allow you to deal electricity damage= to your Perform check (with some other effects) and the rest allow you to use some weather spells with your Perform check being the Caster Level (with a maximum of 20-25 sadly).

The Undersong spell which replaces all Concentration checks with Perform checks. This combined with stuff that allows you to substitute Concentration checks (like the Diamond Mind counters) would give even more uses for Perform.

The Versatile Performer feat (CAdv): When making a Perform check, you can subsitute (INT modifier) Perform categories with your highest-ranked Perform category. +2 Perform bonus when using multiple Perform categories.

The Melodic Casting feat (CMag): Perform instead of Concentration, but only for casting. So it would basically a far worse version of Undersong except it also allows you to cast and use command word items while using Bardic Music.

Any others?

Daftendirekt
2013-08-05, 05:28 AM
The Old Salt feat (Stormwrack): You can substitute a Profession (Sailor) check for a Survival check to predict weather. +1 bonus to Balance, Profession (Sailor) & Use Rope.

Having a hard time grasping why this one is on the list.

Feytalist
2013-08-05, 05:33 AM
Exemplar 4 substitutes any skill for Diplomacy. Just choose Perform.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-05, 05:43 AM
Exemplar 4 substitutes any skill for Diplomacy. Just choose Perform.

You don't need Exemplar for that. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#perform)

Don't forget that Perform (weapon drill) lets you add your BAB and any weapon specific bonuses (e.g. Weapon Focus) to your Perform check. Also, Marshal's Inspire Charisma gets you your Charisma to Perform a second time (along with all the other Charisma skills).

Feytalist
2013-08-05, 06:59 AM
You don't need Exemplar for that. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#perform)

...Huh. I missed that my last readthrough.

Still, it's epic, and a 90+ skill check isn't all that easy to come by pre-epic.

Diovid
2013-08-05, 07:34 AM
Using Undersong you can use perform with the Unnerving Calm (Tome of Battle) and Draw From the Land (Unapproachable East) feats.

Using the Favored in Guild (DMG) feat you can use perform checks in place of diplomacy and gather information checks which in turn means you can use feats like Urban Tracking and Master Manipulator using perform.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-05, 07:57 AM
Ok, no I want to make a bardblade with Undersong to apply perform weapon drill using the diamond mind strikes that replace damage with a perform check.

Divine insight - +15
Guidance of the Avatar - +20
BAB - +19
Weapon Focus - +1
Ranks - 23
Item of + bonus - +20 or so
Masterwork tool - +2

You should be able to deal a few hundred damage a hit.

123456789blaaa
2013-08-05, 01:27 PM
Having a hard time grasping why this one is on the list.

Whoops, I somehow misread "Profession: sailor" as "Perform: sailor" :smallredface:. Even the misread version doesn't make sense...I suppose my brain wasn't working properly. It's removed.