PDA

View Full Version : How to give a familiar Mounted Combat

Cybris75
2013-08-05, 04:23 AM
When I told my DM that my hawk familiar rides on my character's shoulder, he jokingly asked if it could make a ride check in order to negate attacks against my character.

Is it actually possible to give a familiar the Mounted Combat feat somehow? Not that I would actually use this, but it sounds funny...

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-05, 05:02 AM
MIC has the Battle Bridle that grants Mounted Combat when worn in the mounts face slot. You'll look silly but it works.

Cybris75
2013-08-05, 05:16 AM
MIC has the Battle Bridle that grants Mounted Combat when worn in the mounts face slot. You'll look silly but it works.

:-D great idea,and it enhances the silliness! Might interfere with speaking and spellcasting, though ;-)

Darrin
2013-08-05, 07:09 AM
Is it actually possible to give a familiar the Mounted Combat feat somehow? Not that I would actually use this, but it sounds funny...

Heroics (Spell Compendium).

Dark chaos shuffle (Fiendish Codex I) would let you swap your hawk's existing feats for something else, such as Mounted Combat.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-05, 07:45 AM
Also give it an itty bitty riding shield so you can benefit from the shield AC without the ASF and armor check penalty. You can get a +5 shield for +7 AC that way.

Segev
2013-08-05, 08:41 AM
Now I'm picturing a Centaur PC with Leadership who has a mount-focused cohort that rides on his back. ...maybe that deserves its own thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15759601#post15759601).