PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy - Phoenix Rising

Pages : [1] 2

Shular
2013-08-05, 04:51 AM
The year is 1901, and the great powers of Europe are eyeing each other warily. Conflict is coming, but none know how things will fall out!

Welcome to the game! Since there are some newer players to the game, the first year I will contact players to clarify any possibly miswritten or ambiguous orders. Starting in 1902, you will be responsible for ensuring your orders are written correctly.

As mentioned in the recruitment thread, I will be giving 3 days for orders, and 1 day for retreats/builds. If anyone needs an extension, please ask. As long as it's reasonable I don't think anyone will object. Waiting to hear back from another player is NOT sufficient reason.

I will adjudicate the last set of orders sent in, so I recommend sending in one set of orders fairly quickly, then sending in another (if necessary) when you get closer to the deadline. This will ensure that you at least have SOME orders. Anyone who NMRs (no moves received) twice in a row or 3 times total will be out, and an alternate will take their place.

I'm not trying to be mean, but as I mentioned, player involvement is crucial towards keeping things moving. Most of the reason the last bunch of Dip games died was player apathy.

For the newer players, Diplomacy can't be won on your own. You must work with other players and, should you want to go for a solo win, choose the right moment to "stab", or betray, your ally. The rules for Diplomacy are fairly straightforward. The strategy and tactics, however, are always changing. Be ready!

As this is the "IC" forum, please try to do a little role-playing as your power. A fun thing to do is post headlines (aka "Press") safter each season.

Remember to subscribe to this thread!

So, without further ado:

Spring 1901

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1901-1.jpg

The Powers:

Murska - Germany
Maugan Ra - Russia
GnomeGninjas - France
AmidusDrexel - Turkey
Zjoot - Austria
Exthalion Splynn - England
HedgehogRanger Eldan - Italy

Alternates:
Yugi24862
4is111
Vexen

Order Submission: In the subject line please include the game name (you can use DPR for short), your power, and the season.
E.g. DPR - France, Spring 1901
This will help me filter out the other stuff when adjudicating.

Please confirm you are present and ready to play. You have 24 hours.
Deadline for confirmation: 6 am (est), August 6th

Welcome and have fun!

Maugan Ra
2013-08-05, 05:10 AM
In Moscow, Tzar Maugan greets his assembled Generals and leads them into the War Room, where the large and detailed map of Europe awaits. He idly picks up one of the small markers representing his armies, and smiles.

"So. This is how it begins."

GnomeGninjas
2013-08-05, 07:13 AM
In Paris everyone is going about their daily lives. France is doing well economically and is enjoying a period of peace. In the war room it is a different story. President, Prime Minister and other high ranking generals meet to discuss the impending war.

Murska
2013-08-05, 09:00 AM
"Bwahahahaha!"

A booming laughter echoes through the bustling forest.

"So you expect to challenge me? The Kaiser?

I like your spirit, boy. We'll hunt in two packs, see who catches the old grunt. Ja!"

His great vitality and massive stature clearly recognisable from his retinue, Kaiser Murska leads yet another hunt.

Later in the evening, the catch being prepared by an army of cooks, he sits behind a large, solid wooden table. His advisors have been pestering him for hours about the troubling movement of European Great Powers, whispering even of the possibility of war.

"Mmm... Fine. If there is a fight brewing, Germany will be ready. A contest of men, where states exert their utmost strength to prevail. Honour and glory, boys - we'll show them how Teutons fight."

yugi24862
2013-08-05, 09:22 AM
In his Swiss office, Chairman yugi24862 of the International Monetary Fun reads news reports of the rising tensions, and smiles. War is expensive, and surely the combatants would have to come for loans. And, if they lapsed on their repayments, the IMF would have to do some ... restructuring of that countries leadership. A opportunity for some lucrative bonuses for him, aswell. With that thought, the Chairman writes some more letters and smiles.

(Not sure if you wanted a confirmation from me, but here it is)

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-05, 09:31 AM
The man walked into the room. "Sir, I've been ordered to bring you to the war room. The king has requested your presence."

"It must be pretty bad if he wants me back," the other man replied.

"Oh, it is sir."

"Very well. Just give me a moment." The ex-general turned plumber sighed. He supposed he could do this one last job, and then retire for good. He put on his red hat and walked out the door.

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-05, 10:01 AM
In Istanbul, Sultan Drexel and his generals settle in the war room, and couriers are sent off to other parts of Europe with letters and gifts for the continents leaders.

"Are we all ready?" He looks at each commander in turn, then says, "Then let us begin."

Zjoot
2013-08-05, 04:50 PM
In Istanbul....

Not Constantinople? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0X77OBJUg)

Anyways, having arrived from the funeral of government official and dear friend Hans Herdinand, the Austrian emporer pens a letter to the other world leaders reading, "It's ok, I don't blame you at all" Then goes to inspect his shiny new tanks.

(Austria's ready to go)

Exthalion
2013-08-05, 06:06 PM
The United War Room of Great Britain and Ireland was an almost ethereal lattice of steel and glass. Exthalion the Emperor and his imperial ministers sat on throne like chairs around its perimeter, looking down at the great world island of a dymaxion map. The empires of the great powers was identified in vibrant colors, with Exthalion's own picked out in vibrant lapis.

"...the periphery is Ours by the grace of God and gun. Now We must concentrate Our attentions. Europe is the center of all, and before Us that center cannot hold.

Already the sun never sets on Our glorious empire. As We rise to Our zenith it is imperative that We ensure that the light of Our noontide illuminates forever eternal day of Our reign."

Shular
2013-08-05, 07:03 PM
With all the leaders having convened their war councils...err "Future Planning Commitees", the table is set. Let negotiations begin!

SPRING 1901 orders due Sunday, August 11th, 8pm EST.

Please PM me if you have any general rules or order submission questions.

Edit: Moved back the due date for first turn to make sure people had sufficient time. I will adjudicate orders if they're all in before that and everyone confirms they're good to go.

Splynn
2013-08-08, 02:46 AM
Wow.

Wish I had checked my PMs earlier. Subscribed; look forward to watching. Feel free to tap me again should you run out of alts (though hopefully that won't happen!)

Shular
2013-08-08, 06:26 AM
Hey Splynn. Welcome to the audience. :smallbiggrin:

Hopefully we won't need you (I like to think I was pretty clear on participation expectations), but happy to add you to the alt list.

The only downside to running a game is you have no idea how much activity is going on. I'm hoping everyone is sending lots of messages and having fun.
Remember, if any of you have any rules questions, you can ask me. :smallsmile:

Murska
2013-08-08, 07:27 AM
The minor nations near Germany - Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark and Switzerland - had all recently received a formal invitation to a regional conference hosted in Münich, to discuss 'the current political climate and mutual cooperation for the continuation of beneficial diplomatic agreements'.

At the conference itself, the diplomatic elite of the nations in question meet the Kaiser himself, dwarfing his own foreign ministry with both his physical stature and his sheer presence.

"I am known not to be a diplomat, and I will leave the actual work here to you after today. But before that, to give you the right assumptions going forward, I wish to state my own expectations and reasons for this meeting.

Europe has been relatively at peace for years now. But it has been a peace of preparation, of worsening tensions, military build-up. This bubble is about to burst on us, and being in the middle of everything, our nations are likely to be dragged in this conflict against our will.

Now, my opinion is that if a fight is needed to resolve the new pecking order in Europe after the German and Italian unifications, so be it. Let the strongest win, as long as everyone follows the rules of war and acts with honour and spirit. What more noble pursuit is there for a ruler than to strive for the ascendancy of his realm and the influence and standing that comes with being recognized the greatest?

Yet, the tides of war do not always spare the bystanders. I am willing to take you under the wing of the German eagle, our ascendant and industrious nation that rules by right and by strength over the lands of the Reich. We are new, both willing and able to challenge the old, dusty status quo that has left your nations as little more than satellites or buffers for the Great Powers. If you follow my star, I will lead us all to greatness!

Well, this was a somewhat novel way of doing diplomacy. Surprisingly, also rather effective - of the nations present, both Denmark and the Netherlands accepted the offer and only Switzerland refused outright. Whether this was because of the political realities at play, those leaders having no-one to back them up, or because of the charisma of the Kaiser...

Shular
2013-08-09, 08:55 AM
"OOC":

Order Submission: In the subject line please include the game name (you can use DPR for short), your power, and the season.
E.g. DPR - France, Spring 1901
This will help me filter out the other stuff when adjudicating.

I've also included this in the first post.

Murska
2013-08-09, 09:20 AM
Hmm. So...

DPR - Over 9000 - Spring 1901

Shular
2013-08-09, 02:27 PM
Hmm. So...

DPR - Over 9000 - Spring 1901

Only when optimized.

Shular
2013-08-10, 09:07 AM
This is your

38 hour notice!

For those who submitted preliminary orders, don't forget to send in updates if you want them changed.

Maugan Ra
2013-08-10, 09:10 AM
The Russian Empire is content with it's submitted orders. And just to make sure I'm getting this right, after this the turn length will be reduced to 3 days?

Murska
2013-08-10, 09:15 AM
As I mentioned when you asked, my orders were quite adequate for any but the most baffling diplomatic situations. As such a crisis has not arisen, they'll suffice in their unmodified state.

Shular
2013-08-10, 09:16 AM
The Russian Empire is content with it's submitted orders. And just to make sure I'm getting this right, after this the turn length will be reduced to 3 days?

Correct. Before the first turn there tends to be a lot more negotiations and "feeling out" of each other, so we'll usually give a fair amount of time.

After that, things get a bit more rushed. :smallwink:

Shular
2013-08-11, 06:29 AM
Okay, I've got orders in for everyone. For those who haven't yet, please confirm you're good with me processing them ahead of time, otherwise, they'll go at 8pm. So far, only Russia and Germany have confirmed.

GnomeGninjas
2013-08-11, 07:48 AM
It is fine if you process ahead of time.

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-11, 09:24 AM
I'm fine with it

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-11, 10:28 AM
It's fine with me.

Zjoot
2013-08-11, 11:46 AM
I'm good to go.

Shular
2013-08-11, 12:30 PM
Spring 1901 - Headlines

*** Europe Mobilizes for WAR! ***
*** Independent Nations Invaded! ***
*** Alliances Remain Mystery! ***

Spring 1901 Moves
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1901moves.jpg

Spring 1901 Results
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1901results.jpg

Results for Spring, 1901

Austria:
A BUD - SER
F TRI - ALB
A VIE - GAL

England:
F EDI - NWG
A LVP - EDI
F LON - NTH

France:
F BRE - ENG
A MAR - SPA
A PAR - GAS

Germany:
A BER - KIE
F KIE - DEN
A MUN - RUH

Italy:
F NAP - ION
A ROM - APU
A VEN Holds

Russia:
A MOS - STP
F SEV - RUM
F STP/sc - BOT
A WAR Holds

Turkey:
F ANK - CON
A CON - BUL
A SMY Hold

Looks like we're off to an interesting start!

Fall 1901 orders due Wednesday, August 14th, 8pm!

Maugan Ra
2013-08-11, 03:04 PM
Tensions Mount in the South-West

Nerves began to fray earlier this week as an Austrian army was sited moving into Galicia, putting it perilously close to Russian borders. The Tzar's office has released no official statement, but an inside source has confirmed that numerous diplomatic and military packages were sent out shortly after news was first received.

Meanwhile, elements of the Russian Navy moved into ports all along the Rumanian coastline, formalizing the agreed-upon alliance between the two nations. Official word is that this is currently only a temporary measure, designed to offer security for the smaller nation in the face of increasingly unstable times.

Murska
2013-08-11, 03:10 PM
German-led Greater Reich Alliance expands to include Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg and Denmark!

The Kaiser has expressed his relief in the triumphant conclusion of the Middle-European Conference, as only Switzerland has decided to remain neutral. The Imperial Army is due to link up with the national forces in the Lowlands for several parades and general jubilation, while the Danish navy is being bolstered by the Hochseeflotte.

"Germany wishes to emphasize that there is no intention to change the taxes of the Sound let alone close the straits for merchant traffic..."

Rumours of a high-level conference between the Emperors of Austria and Germany abound...

Sweden fears for their national integrity in the face of military maneuvers by the...

British naval exercises in the North Sea cut short by news of La Royale deployment in the Channel...

GnomeGninjas
2013-08-12, 07:52 AM
Spain and Portugal Shall Fall Before 1902

Vive la France! Vive la République!

The French invasion of Iberia is a major success! On May 23 the French Tricolor was raised over Madrid after nine days of fighting. Portugal is expected to surrender with minimal violence and the remaining Spanish resistance can only last a few more months.

Shular
2013-08-13, 09:00 PM
Sorry for the slight delay, but this is your

22 hour warning!

Please ensure you get them in on time, and remember to format the subject so I know the game, power, and season.

Shular
2013-08-14, 11:19 AM
Less than 8 hours to go. Just wainting on two sets of orders. You know who you are. :smallbiggrin:

Maugan Ra
2013-08-14, 11:36 AM
*worridly checks own 'sent items' box, breathes a sigh of relief*

Amidus Drexel
2013-08-14, 11:47 AM
*opens PMs* Mine are sent.

Shular
2013-08-14, 12:49 PM
Lol, maybe you don't know. England, Austria, you've got 6 hours. :smallwink:

Maugan Ra
2013-08-14, 12:58 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that if a no orders are received, then the side's units just hold for that turn?

Shular
2013-08-14, 01:19 PM
Correct. It's called an NMR (no moves received). And I will do what I can to avoid them, as they have a tendancy to spoil the game.

Zjoot
2013-08-14, 05:19 PM
School guys. School. It's got a schedule and stuff. Orders forthcoming.

EDIT: Done. This is the first move that I may end up really regretting later on. We'll see. :smallwink:

Shular
2013-08-14, 10:14 PM
(Sorry for delay. Last night in Canada before going back to UK and went out for couple beers with some old buddies.)

Headlines:
*** Conflict! Alliances Revealed ***
*** Turks Support Russians! Power Rising in the East? ***
*** French Support English! Who'dve Thunk It? ***

(Note: Because it was first year, and a number of you are new to the game, I gave some significant benefit of the doubt. Going forward, orders will be processed as written, so make sure there are no mistakes. Ask me if you are uncertain.)

Fall 1901 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1901moves.jpg?t=1376535613

Fall 1901 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1901results.jpg?t=1376535620

Results for Fall, 1901
General Notices:
No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.

Order Results:
Austria:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.

F ALB Supports A APU - GRE
A GAL - RUM
Bounced with RUM (2 against 2).
A SER Supports A GAL - RUM

England:

A EDI - BEL
Convoy path taken: EDI→NTH→BEL.
F NTH Convoys A EDI - BEL
F NWG - NWY
Bounced with STP (1 against 1).

France:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 2.

F ENG Supports A EDI - BEL
A GAS - SPA
A SPA - POR

Germany:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 2.

F DEN - SWE
Bounced with BOT (1 against 1).
A KIE - HOL
A RUH - BEL
Failed.

Italy:

A APU - GRE
Convoy path taken: APU→ION→GRE.
F ION Convoys A APU - GRE
A VEN - PIE

Russia:

F BOT - SWE
Bounced with DEN (1 against 1).
F RUM Holds
A STP - NWY
Bounced with NWG (1 against 1).
A WAR - GAL
Failed because Austria: A GAL - RUM failed.

Turkey:

A BUL Supports F RUM
F CON - AEG
A SMY - CON

Builds/Total SCs:
Austria 1 / 4
England 1 / 4
France 2 / 5
Germany 2 / 5
Italy 1 / 4
Russia 1 / 5
Turkey 1 / 4

Build orders due Friday 6pm

PM Subject: "DPS - <power>, Adjustments 1901"
Orders due Friday as I'lll be flying home tomorrow.

Murska
2013-08-15, 03:19 AM
Breaking News - Parade in Belgium cancelled due to unforeseen invasion of the Royal Marines!

As the German units were marching in columns towards their designated temporary camping sites within the territory of their newest ally, Belgium, a sudden naval bombardment by La Royale's guns heralded the brutal surprise invasion of the British Expeditionary Force. Slaughtering innocent women and children, the reactionary forces of the chief Old Power in Europe, the perfidious Albion itself, pillaged and murdered their way into the outdated and, in peacetime, undermanned forts and harbours of unsuspecting Belgium.

Taken by surprise, the German troops had to retreat back over the border to reorganize. But already they have linked up with their fellow units in the Netherlands, ready to avenge the loss of so many innocent lives.

Shular
2013-08-16, 12:45 PM
9 hour warning for builds 1901!

Shular
2013-08-16, 04:58 PM
Still waiting on one player.

Yugi, start warming up. You're first relief if Exthalion can't/doesn't submit. Other alts, keep your eyes open.

Exthalion
2013-08-16, 05:28 PM
Sorry everyone, DMV appointment went longer than it was supposed to.

Shular
2013-08-17, 12:24 AM
Sorry for the delay. Was still jet-lagged last night, and it finally caught up to me.

Results for Fall, 1901 (Adjustment)

Austria: Builds A VIE

England: Builds F LON

France: Builds F MAR, A PAR

Germany: Builds F KIE, A MUN

Italy: Builds F NAP

Russia: Builds A MOS

Turkey: Builds F SMY

New Map:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1902.jpg?t=1376716755

Spring 1902 Orders due Tuesday, Aug 20th, 3 AM!

(That's 8am my time, so by the time you're awake the orders should be adjudicated. Don't wait until the last minute though. :smallbiggrin:)

Shular
2013-08-18, 11:02 AM
I understand theat some people are not very active on these boards on weekends. Please let me know if you want/need an extension.

Exthalion
2013-08-18, 11:16 AM
Did you mean Tuesday the 20th? Because your post says the 13th even though it was posted on the 16th.

Shular
2013-08-18, 11:20 AM
Did you mean Tuesday the 20th? Because your post says the 13th even though it was posted on the 16th.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :smallbiggrin:

Zjoot
2013-08-19, 08:15 AM
I understand theat some people are not very active on these boards on weekends. Please let me know if you want/need an extension.

Just one more day or so would be very helpful, if that's ok.

Shular
2013-08-19, 09:27 AM
I can go with that.

Spring 1902 Orders due Wednesday, Aug 21st, 3 AM eastern!

Going forward, I'm going to treat Saturday and Sunday as a single day for submission purposes. Now get negotiating! :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2013-08-20, 01:33 AM
24 hours to order deadline!

I don't recommend waiting until the last minute unless you're a serious night-owl. :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2013-08-20, 10:58 AM
So far only two sets of orders in.

Murska
2013-08-20, 11:12 AM
Mine have been in for some days.

Maugan Ra
2013-08-20, 11:13 AM
Likewise. I sent mine in... yesterday, I believe.

Shular
2013-08-20, 12:16 PM
And those would be the two. :smallsmile:

Edit: Err, technically I also have Exthalion's orders, but don't know if he'll want the updated.

Shular
2013-08-20, 05:23 PM
Okay, going to bed. When I get up, I hope to see the orders from Italy, Austria, and Turkey. G'night.

Splynn
2013-08-20, 06:44 PM
For some reason I sense a mass of revolutions shaking Europe in the near future.

Shular
2013-08-21, 02:56 AM
*** Anarchy in Turkey ***
*** Tyrolia at Centre of Botched Orders ***
*** Tunisians Remain Free of European Control ***

Moves Spring 1902

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1902moves.jpg?t=1377071254

Results Spring 1902

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1902results.jpg

Order Results:

Austria - Zjoot:
F ALB Supports A GRE
A GAL - RUM
A SER Supports A GAL - RUM
A VIE - BUD

England - Exthalion:
A BEL - HOL
Bounced with NTH (1 against 1).
F LON - ENG
F NTH - HOL
Bounced with HOL (1 against 1).
F NWG - NAO

France - GnomeGninjas:
F MAR S PIE - TYR
Illegal
F ENG - PIC
F MAR Holds
A PAR - BUR
Bounced with MUN (1 against 1).
A POR - SPA
A SPA - GAS

Germany - Murska:
F DEN - SKA
A HOL Supports A RUH - BEL
Support cut by Move from North Sea.
F KIE - DEN
A MUN - BUR
Bounced with PAR (1 against 1).
A RUH - BEL
Failed because England: A BEL - HOL failed.

Italy - HedgehogRanger:
F NAP - TYR
Illegal
A GRE Holds
F ION - EAS
F NAP Holds
A PIE - MAR
Bounced with MAR (1 against 1).

Russia - Maugan Ra:
F BOT - SWE
A MOS - UKR
F RUM Holds
Dislodged from GAL (2 against 1).
A STP - FIN
A WAR - GAL

Turkey - AmidusDrexel:
NMR

Retreats:
Russian fleet RUM can retreat to BLA or SEV

Retreat Order Due Thurs, Aug 22nd, 3AM

Fall 1902 Orders Due Sun, Aug 25th, Noon

Note: If no orders received for Turkey, a new player will be assigned and time given for that player to negotiate.

Edit: Note new due date for fall orders.

Shular
2013-08-21, 08:12 AM
Fleet Rum retreats to Sev.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1902retreats.jpg?t=1377093115

Shular
2013-08-21, 10:30 AM
With the early submission of retreat order, change in due date and time for fall orders.

Fall 1902 Orders Due Sun, Aug 25th, Noon

Shular
2013-08-24, 10:13 AM
Just over 24 hour notice.

Only a couple sets of orders so far. Has anyone heard anything from Exthalion?

Exthalion
2013-08-24, 05:18 PM
Just over 24 hour notice.

Only a couple sets of orders so far. Has anyone heard anything from Exthalion?

I yet live, though I am possessed of an embarrassment of allies.

Shular
2013-08-25, 08:27 AM
2.5 hours

Still waiting for England (Exthalion), Austra (Zjoot), and Italy (Hedgehogranger).

Murska
2013-08-25, 08:35 AM
Austria and Italy?

I guess we know who's winning this one. :smalltongue:

Maugan Ra
2013-08-25, 08:36 AM
*debates altering orders in light of current absence of other players*

*decides such meta-knowledge would be too unsporting*

Shular
2013-08-25, 08:42 AM
That's why I'm hesitant to say who hasn't submitted. However, I think it's important for people to be aware of what's going on. Remember, 2 NMRs ad you're out, and Exthalion, you're running out of time.

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-25, 10:34 AM
Sorry, I sent in the orders yesterday, but forgot to put a title on the PM, so it didn't send :smallredface:

Zjoot
2013-08-25, 10:50 AM
Mine are in.

Shular
2013-08-25, 11:33 AM
Okay, so the deadline has come, and Exthalion has DMR'd. I'm afraid he's out.

I've invited Yugi24862 to take over England. Once he confirms, I will give the new order deadline in order to allow him to negotiate. I'm very sorry for the delay.

Edit: Yugi has confirmed.

New deadline for Fall 1902: Tuesday, August 27th, 1 pm eastern (or when everybody confirms they're good to go, whichever comes first).

Murska
2013-08-25, 11:36 AM
Hm. When did Exth NMR the second time?

Shular
2013-08-25, 11:37 AM
He NMR'd for this turn. So instead of processing the NMR, I'm switching him out.

Murska
2013-08-25, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that's one.

Maugan Ra
2013-08-25, 11:49 AM
I am somewhat confused as well. I thought you had to miss two sets of orders before you were switched out? Amidus Drexel/Turkey missed last turn, and if Exthalion/England didn't get any in this turn, well, that's still his first miss...

yugi24862
2013-08-25, 11:58 AM
So, am I taking over England or not? I have already started diplomacy.

Maugan Ra
2013-08-25, 12:03 PM
I don't mind Yugi taking over if that keeps the game going, I was just somewhat surprised by it.

Shular
2013-08-25, 12:30 PM
Aw crap. I'm SO sorry guys. For some reason I thought it had been Ex who NMR'd. Sigh. I'll process the orders now. Yugi, sorry, you're back on stand-by.

Murska
2013-08-25, 12:35 PM
Sorry, Yugi. You'll get your chance yet.

Shular
2013-08-25, 12:59 PM
*** Anarchy in the UK! ***
*** Austrians Annihilate Turks in Bulgaria, but Lose Rumania to Russians! ***
*** French Win Battle of Burgundy! ***

Fall 1902 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/F1902moves.jpg

Fall 1902 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/F1902results.jpg

Results for Fall, 1902

Austria:
F ALB - ION
A BUD - VIE
Bounced with GAL (1 against 1).
A RUM - BUD
Failed because Austria: A BUD - VIE failed.
Dislodged from UKR (2 against 1).
A SER - BUL

England:
NMR

France:
A GAS - BUR
F MAR - LYO
A PAR Supports A GAS - BUR
F PIC - BRE
A SPA - MAR
Bounced with PIE (1 against 1).

Germany:
F DEN - NTH
A HOL Supports A RUH
A MUN - BUR
Bounced with GAS (1 against 1).
A RUH Supports A HOL
F SKA - NWY
Bounced with FIN (1 against 1).

Italy:
F EAS - AEG
Bounced with AEG (1 against 1).
A GRE Supports A SER - BUL
F NAP - TYS
A PIE - MAR
Bounced with SPA (1 against 1).

Russia:
A FIN - NWY
Bounced with SKA (1 against 1).
A GAL - VIE
Bounced with BUD (1 against 1).
F SEV Supports A UKR - RUM
F SWE Supports F NTH - NWY
Support failed. Supported unit's order does not match support given.
A UKR - RUM

Turkey:
The Army in Bulgaria cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

F AEG Supports A BUL - GRE
Support cut by Move from Eastern Mediterranean.
A BUL - GRE
Bounced with GRE (1 against 1).
Dislodged from SER (2 against 1).
A CON - BUL
Bounced with SER (1 against 1).
F SMY - EAS
Failed because Italy: F EAS - AEG failed.

Retreats:
Austrian A Rum may retreat to Serbia. Please confirm.

Builds:
Austria builds 1 (assumes Austria takes retreats)
Russia builds 1

Build orders due Monday, August 26th, 2pm eastern

Spring 1903 orders due Thurs, August 29th 2pm eastern

Shular
2013-08-25, 01:38 PM
Slight correction. Russian F Swe supported Nth to Den. Since it doesn't change outcome due to England's NMR, I won't update the moves map, but it should still be known.

Zjoot
2013-08-25, 02:10 PM
Retreating to Serbia indeed.

Shular
2013-08-26, 01:41 AM
Got it Zjoot. If you want to let me know your build (I've already got Russia's, so you can post it in-thread if you want), I'll get the updated map up.

Shular
2013-08-26, 01:12 PM
Adjustments:

Austria builds A Tri
Russia build F StP(nc)

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1903.jpg?t=1377540618

Maugan Ra
2013-08-28, 08:36 PM
So... 14 hour warning or something, right? I've sent my orders in already, but it probably deserves note.

Shular
2013-08-28, 08:57 PM
Yup, sorry...

This is your 14 hour warning!

Shular
2013-08-29, 06:26 AM
All orders are in. If it's unanimous, I'll process orders ahead of schedule.

Maugan Ra
2013-08-29, 06:34 AM
I certainly have no objection to that.

Murska
2013-08-29, 07:07 AM
Let the good times roll.

Zjoot
2013-08-29, 07:54 AM
Fine with me

Exthalion
2013-08-29, 10:15 AM
Kyrie Elysion! (Go ahead)

HedgehogRanger
2013-08-29, 12:29 PM
I'm fine with it

Shular
2013-08-29, 01:46 PM
*** Brits Drive Germany Out of Holland! ***
*** Antacid Sales Skyrocket in Berlin ***
*** Italy Attack France! ***
*** Russia Progessing While Turks Stand-Off Austro-Italian Alliance! ***

Spring 1903 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1903moves.jpg?t=1377800963

Spring 1903 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1903results.jpg

Orders:

Austria:
A BUD Holds
A BUL Holds
F ION - AEG
Failed because Turkey: F AEG - BUL/sc failed.
A SER Supports A BUD
A TRI Holds

England:
A BEL Supports F NTH - HOL
F ENG Supports F NTH
Support failed. Move orders must be supported explicitly.
F NAO - NWG
F NTH - HOL

France:
No order for unit at Burgundy. Hold order assigned.
F BRE - PIC
A BUR Holds
F LYO - WES
A PAR Supports A BUR
A SPA - MAR

Germany:
F DEN - SWE
Bounced with SWE (1 against 1).
A HOL Holds
Dislodged from NTH (2 against 1).
A MUN Supports A RUH - BUR
A RUH - BUR
Bounced with BUR (2 against 2).
F SKA Supports F NTH - NWY

Italy:
F EAS Supports F ION - AEG
Support cut by Move from Smyrna.
A GRE Supports A BUL
A PIE - MAR
F TYS Holds

Russia:
A FIN Supports F STP/nc - NWY
A GAL Supports A RUM
A RUM Holds
F SEV - BLA
F STP/nc - NWY
F SWE Supports F STP/nc - NWY
Support cut by Move from Denmark.

Turkey:
F AEG - BUL/sc
Bounced with BUL (2 against 2).
A CON Supports F AEG - BUL/sc
F SMY - EAS
Bounced with EAS (1 against 1)

Retreats:
German army Holland may retreat to Kiel

Fall Order due-date to be determined.

Murska
2013-08-29, 01:50 PM
Meh. This is not a good game for me. My diplomats must be horrible at their jobs - NOBODY is willing to negotiate about anything. For instance, England who cannot ever possibly win if he attacks me is attacking me, and I've tried to convince him otherwise every damn turn of the game. It's worthless playing when people aren't even trying to do anything but hand the game to others. :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Retreat to Kiel.

Shular
2013-08-29, 01:57 PM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/S1903retreats.jpg

Fall 1903 orders due Monday, Sept. 2nd, 3pm eastern

Murska, I know it can be frustrating, but don't give up! Diplomacy is anything but predictable. :smallbiggrin:

Exthalion
2013-08-29, 01:58 PM
Here is the problem mine Kaiser: Trust is something hard won and not to be quickly thrown away. When someone doesn't stab you in your vulnerable belly then the ethics imprinted on us by society suggest that you should not stab them in the vulnerable belly.

Put another way:

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.

But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.

Murska
2013-08-29, 02:05 PM
You know the one reason France has not attacked you? Because he can't defeat me without you, but he can easily defeat you without me. Just look at the damn map, it's painted on it for god's sake - imagine German centers, half of them French and half of them Russian. Look at England. What's going to happen there?

Besides, France may not have betrayed you, but neither have I, so by that reasoning you should have no reason to attack me either.

But whatever.

Shular
2013-09-01, 02:47 PM
23 hour warning!

Shular
2013-09-02, 10:15 AM
3.75 hour warning!

Just waiting on Italy

Shular
2013-09-02, 02:56 PM
*** Treachery!! ***

Fall 1903 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1903moves.jpg

Fall 1903 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1903results.jpg?t=1378151116

Results for Fall, 1903

Austria:
The Army in Bulgaria cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
A BUD Holds
A BUL - CON
Bounced with CON (1 against 1).
Dislodged from AEG (3 against 1).
F ION Supports F TYS - TUN
A SER - BUL
A TRI Supports A BUD

England:
A BEL Supports A RUH - BUR
F ENG - BRE
F HOL - NTH
F NWG - NWY
Bounced with NWY (1 against 1).

France:
A BUR Supports A SPA - MAR
Support cut by Move from Ruhr.
Dislodged from RUH (3 against 2).
A PAR Supports A BUR
F PIC Supports A BEL
A SPA - MAR
F WES - LYO

Germany:
F DEN - SWE
A KIE - HOL
A MUN Supports A RUH - BUR
A RUH - BUR
F SKA Supports F DEN - SWE

Italy:
F EAS - AEG
A GRE - BUL
A PIE Holds
F TYS - TUN

Russia:
F BLA - ANK
A FIN - SWE
A GAL - VIE
F NWY Holds
A RUM Supports F AEG - BUL/sc
F SWE - BAL

Turkey:
F AEG - BUL/sc
A CON Supports F AEG - BUL/sc
F SMY - EAS

French army Bur can retreat to Gas

Retreat order due ASAP

Austria disbands 1
England builds 1
France disbands 1 (assuming retreat taken)
Germany builds 1
Italy builds 1
Russia builds 2
Turkey no builds

Build orders due Tuesday, Sept 3rd, 4pm eastern

Spring 1904 orders due Friday, Sept 6th, 4pm eastern

Maugan Ra
2013-09-02, 03:13 PM
Aha. Ahahaha. Stabbings everywhere.

Murska. I doff my hat to you, you magnificent bastard. :smallbiggrin:

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-02, 04:44 PM
Stabbed! (And after a sentimental poem about the value of friendship as well)

I retreat to Gas.

Murska
2013-09-03, 09:11 AM
At times I feel like Frederick, at others like Bismarck.

And sometimes, like Wilhelm.

Exthalion
2013-09-03, 10:10 AM
And that "poem" was Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Shular
2013-09-03, 12:17 PM
Everyone seems pretty confident in their adjustments, so I'lll just process them now.

Winter 1903 Adjustments:

Austria: Removes F ION
England: Builds F LON
France: Removes A MAR
Germany: Builds A BER
Italy: Builds F NAP
Russia: Builds F SEVRussia: Builds A WAR

New Map:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1904.jpg?t=1378228537

Spring 1904 orders due Friday, Sept 6th, 4pm eastern

Shular
2013-09-05, 01:41 PM
24 hour (and 19 minute) warning!

Shular
2013-09-06, 03:40 PM
*** Forces Driven Out of Brest, Sweden, Norway! ***
*** Syria Invaded! Surprised Syrian leaders were expecting Americans. ***
*** Turkey, Italy and Austria? Can they really work together? ***

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1904moves.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1904results-1.jpg?t=1378508318

Results for Spring, 1904 (Movement)

Order Results:
Austria:
A BUD - VIE
Bounced with VIE (2 against 1).
A SER - BUD
Bounced with VIE (1 against 1).
A TRI Supports A BUD - VIE

England:
A BEL - PIC
F BRE Supports F LON - ENG
Support cut by Move from Picardy.
Dislodged from PIC (2 against 1).
F LON - ENG
F NTH Supports F NWG - NWY
F NWG - NWY

France:
A GAS - SPA
F LYO - MAR
Bounced with BUR (1 against 1).
A PAR Supports F PIC - BRE
F PIC - BRE

Germany:
A BER - PRU
A BUR - MAR
Bounced with LYO (1 against 1).
A HOL - KIE
A MUN - TYR
F SKA Supports F NWG - NWY
F SWE Supports F NWG - NWY
Support cut by Move from Finland.
Dislodged from FIN (2 against 1).

Italy:
F AEG Convoys A GRE - SYR
A GRE - SYR
Convoy path taken: GRE→AEG→EAS→SYR.
F NAP - TYS
A PIE - TYR
F TUN - WES

Russia:
F ANK - CON
Bounced with BUL (1 against 1).
F BAL Supports A FIN - SWE
A FIN - SWE
F NWY - SKA
Dislodged from NWG (3 against 1).
A RUM Supports A VIE - BUD
F SEV - BLA
A VIE - BUD
Bounced with BUD (2 against 1).
A WAR - GAL

Turkey:
F BUL/sc - CON
Bounced with ANK (1 against 1).
A CON - ANK
F EAS Convoys A GRE - SYR

English F Bre may retreat to MAO or Gas
German F Swe may retreat to Den or Bot
Russian F Nor may retreat to StP or Bar

Retreats due ASAP (email them if you don't want other retreaters to know what you're doing.

Fall 1904 orders due Tuesday, Sept 10th, 5pm eastern

Maugan Ra
2013-09-06, 03:58 PM
*looks at map*

*plots likely future moves*

*is suddenly feeling far less smart about basically stabbing everyone in the back at once*

Edit: Also, retreat to St Petersberg.

Murska
2013-09-06, 04:09 PM
Retreat to Gulf of Bothnia.

Shular
2013-09-06, 04:43 PM
Made one error in order processing. Won't affect retreats.

Should have been Bur - Mar, not Bur - Mun
Thus, Germany's army will still be in Bur, and France's fleet will still be in Lyo.

Working on correcting the map.

On a related note, anyone know how to alter orders in jdip once they have been resolved? They're all greyed out and uneditable. :smallfrown:

Murska
2013-09-06, 04:51 PM
Hmm. It's been a while since I used it, but there was a way to basically load an earlier game state from somewhere.

Murska
2013-09-06, 05:06 PM
Okay, I downloaded it again and checked. You have to go to the most recent thing and then undo until you're at the right spot.

Shular
2013-09-06, 05:44 PM
Wierd, it wouldn't let me undo before (everything under edit was greyed out), but now it will. Thanks.

Also, Exthalion, need to know where your fleet's retreating to.

Exthalion
2013-09-06, 06:25 PM
Retreat to mao.

Shular
2013-09-06, 06:42 PM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1904retreats-1.jpg

Shular
2013-09-09, 02:36 PM
In case I forget later:

This is your 25 (and a bit) hour notice for Fall 1904 orders!

Shular
2013-09-10, 03:44 PM
Oops! 15 minutes and just waiting for Turkey's orders.

Note, this would be Turkey's second NMR, so AmidusDrexel, please get your orders in. Don't want to boot anyone. Meanwhile, first alt start warming up in the bull-pen.

Amidus Drexel
2013-09-10, 03:52 PM
Sorry - I'll be right on that.

Shular
2013-09-10, 04:41 PM
*** France, Russia Lose the North as English/German Alliance Advances! ***
*** Stalemate in the South! ***
*** Austria Abandons Budepest to Regain Vulnerable Vienna! ***

Fall 1904 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1904moves.jpg?t=1378847945

Fall 1904 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1904results.jpg?t=1378848007

Results for Fall, 1904 (Movement)

Austria:
A BUD - VIE
A SER - RUM
Bounced with RUM (1 against 1).
A TRI Supports A BUD - VIE

England:
F ENG - BRE
F MAO Supports F ENG - BRE
F NTH Supports F NWY
F NWY Supports F BOT - STP/sc
A PIC - PAR

France:
F BRE Supports A BUR - PIC
Dislodged from ENG (2 against 1).
F LYO - MAR
A PAR Supports F BRE
Support cut by Move from Picardy.
Dislodged from PIC (2 against 1).
A SPA Supports F LYO - MAR
Support cut by Move from Western Mediterranean.

Germany:
A BUR Supports A PIC - PAR
F BOT - STP/sc
A KIE - BER
A MUN - BER
Bounced with KIE (1 against 1).
A PRU - WAR
F SKA - DEN

Italy:
F AEG Supports A CON
A PIE - MAR
Bounced with LYO (1 against 1).
A SYR - ARM
F TYS - LYO
Failed because France: F LYO - MAR failed.
F WES - SPA/sc

Russia:
F ANK - CON
Bounced with CON (2 against 3).
F BAL Convoys A SWE - LVN
F BLA Supports F ANK - CON
A GAL - BUD
A RUM Supports A GAL - BUD
Support cut by Move from Serbia.
F STP/nc Holds
Dislodged from BOT (2 against 1).
A SWE - LVN
Convoy path taken: SWE→BAL→LVN.
A VIE Supports A GAL - BUD
Dislodged from BUD (2 against 1).

Turkey:
F BUL/sc Supports A CON
A CON Supports F BUL/sc
Support cut by Move from Ankara.
F EAS Holds

Retreats:
French F Bre may retreat to Gas or Pic
French A Par may retreat to Gas
Russian F StP(nc) may retreat to Bar
Russian A Vie may retreat to Tyr, Boh, or Gal

Retreats due ASAP

Adjustments (assuming all retreats taken):
Austria: No builds
England: Build 2
France: Disband 1
Germany: Build 2
Italy: No builds
Russia: Disband 3
Turkey: No builds

Build orders due Wednesday, Sept 11, 6pm.

Maugan Ra
2013-09-10, 05:11 PM
...wow. OK, that stung. Sheesh.

Alright, disband the fleet in Stp, the fleet in Bal and (for lack of a better option) the army in Budapest. Then retreat from Vienna into Galacia.

Talk about a bloody reversal of fortune, though.

Shular
2013-09-10, 05:29 PM
Should really do the retreats first, then builds/disbands by PM. If other players know what units you're getting rid of, it may give them an edge in deciding what to build.

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-10, 05:59 PM
Retreat Par - Gas and Bre - Pic.

Shular
2013-09-11, 01:47 PM
Russia: Disbands A Bud, F Bal
France: Disbands F Pic
England: Builds A Edi, F Lon
Germany: Builds A Ber

New map:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1905.jpg?t=1378924928

Spring 1905 orders due Sunday, Sept 15th, 3pm eastern.

Shular
2013-09-14, 04:38 PM
21 hour warning!

Shular
2013-09-15, 11:05 AM
Less than 3 hours to deadline. Still waiting on Italy and Turkey.

Shular
2013-09-15, 03:13 PM
*** Turks in Trouble! ***
*** French Floundering! ***
*** Germans Growing! ***
*** English Expanding! ***
*** Italians Infiltrating! ***
*** Austrians Advancing! ***
*** Russians Resisting! ***
*** Alliterations Aggravating! ***

Spring 1905 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1905moves.jpg?t=1379274254

Spring 1905 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1905results.jpg?t=1379274356

Order Results:

Austria:
A SER - RUM
A TRI - SER
Failed because Austria: A SER - RUM failed.
A VIE - BUD

England:
F BRE Supports A PAR - GAS
A EDI - BEL
Convoy path taken: EDI→NTH→BEL.
F LON - ENG
F MAO - POR
F NTH Convoys A EDI - BEL
F NWY Holds
A PAR - GAS

France:
A GAS - MAR
F LYO Supports A SPA
Support cut by Move from Tyrrhenian Sea.
Dislodged from TYS (2 against 1).
A SPA Supports A GAS - MAR

Germany:
A BER - PRU
A BUR - MAR
F DEN Holds
A KIE - HOL
A MUN - SIL
F STP/sc Holds
A WAR - MOS
Bounced with LVN (1 against 1).

Italy:
F AEG Supports A ARM - SMY
A ARM - SMY
A PIE - MAR
F TYS - LYO
F WES Supports F TYS - LYO

Russia:
F ANK - CON
F BLA Supports F ANK - CON
A GAL - UKR
A LVN - MOS
Bounced with WAR (1 against 1).
A RUM Supports A SER - BUL

Turkey:
F BUL/sc Holds
A CON - ANK
Dislodged from ANK (2 against 1).
The Army in Constantinople cannot retreat; unit destroyed
F EAS - SMY
Bounced with ARM (1 against 1).

Retreats:
French F Lyo may retreat to Tus

Retreat order due ASAP.

Fall 1905 orders due Wednesday, Sept. 18th, 5pm eastern

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-15, 03:58 PM
I retreat to Tus.

Zjoot
2013-09-15, 04:08 PM
Shular, are you sure I said to move to Rumania? I thought the order I sent was a ser-bul...

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-15, 04:12 PM
Maybe I can outlive Turkey?

Shular
2013-09-15, 04:15 PM
Shular, are you sure I said to move to Rumania? I thought the order I sent was a ser-bul...

Nope, just double checked, definitely "a ser - rum"

Zjoot
2013-09-15, 04:29 PM
Damn it...ok I guess I'll just have to make it work. :smallannoyed:

Amidus Drexel
2013-09-15, 05:54 PM
...Well, then.

Shular
2013-09-16, 06:49 AM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1905retreats.jpg

Shular
2013-09-17, 05:57 PM
22 hour warning!

Shular
2013-09-18, 05:40 PM
*** Editorial: This is confusing! ***

Fall 1905 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/F1905moves.jpg?t=1379542776

Fall 1905 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/F1905results.jpg?t=1379542817

Results for Fall, 1905

Austria:
A BUD Supports A RUM - GAL
A SER - GRE
A TRI - VEN

England:
A BEL - HOL
F BRE - GAS
Failed because England: A GAS - PAR failed.
F ENG - MAO
A GAS - PAR
F NTH Supports A BEL - HOL
F NWY - SWE
F POR Holds

France:
A MAR Supports A SPA
Support cut by Move from Piedmont.
A SPA Supports A MAR
F TUS - ROM

Germany:
A BUR - PAR
F DEN - SWE
A HOL Holds
Dislodged from BEL (2 against 1).
A PRU - LVN
A SIL - GAL
Bounced with RUM (2 against 1).
F STP/sc Supports A PRU - LVN
A WAR Supports A SIL - GAL

Italy:
F AEG - BUL/sc
Bounced with BLA (1 against 1).
F LYO Supports A PIE - MAR
A PIE - MAR
Bounced with MAR (2 against 2).
A SMY Holds
F WES Supports A SPA

Russia:
F BLA - BUL/ec
F CON Supports F BLA - BUL/ec
A LVN - MOS
A RUM - GAL
Bounced with SIL (2 against 1).
A UKR Supports A LVN - MOS

Turkey:
The Fleet in Bulgaria cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
F BUL/sc Supports F AEG - GRE
Dislodged from BLA (2 against 1).
F EAS - AEG
Failed because Italy: F AEG - BUL/sc failed.

Retreats: Due ASAP
German A Hol may retreat to Ruhr, Kie

Adjustments:

Turkey: 0/0 - Eliminated. Thanks for playing Amidus. Hope you'll continue to follow to the end and give an end of game statement!
Austria: 3/6 - May build 3 units (though only two build centres available)
England: 7/9 - May built 2 units
France: 3/3 - No adjustments
Germany: 7/7 - No adjustments, assuming retreat taken
Italy: 5/3 - Must disband 2 units
Russia: 5/6 - May build 1 unit

Build orders due Thursday Sept 19th, 6pm eastern!

HedgehogRanger
2013-09-18, 05:43 PM
I should have listened to Turkey:smalleek:

Maugan Ra
2013-09-18, 05:48 PM
What do you know, it worked.

Anyway, I only have one real option here, so I'll declare the build of an army in Sev.

Edit: Also, I count seven German units already on the field. So no build there, unless I'm missing something.

Shular
2013-09-18, 06:03 PM
Thanks. Fixed

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-18, 06:53 PM
I'm not the first to die!

Murska
2013-09-18, 10:23 PM
Disband A Hol.

Amidus Drexel
2013-09-18, 10:43 PM
Turkey: 0/0 - Eliminated. Thanks for playing Amidus. Hope you'll continue to follow to the end and give an end of game statement!

I shall - thanks for running the game! It's been fun. :smallcool:

I should have listened to Turkey:smalleek:

Heheheh :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Shular
2013-09-19, 12:09 PM
5 hours. Just waiting on Italy and Russia's adjustments.

Edit: Just noticed Russia's build in-thread.

Maugan Ra
2013-09-19, 12:11 PM
My adjustment is mentioned a few posts back. I would like to build an Army in Sevestapol (Sev).

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-19, 01:02 PM
I'm sick and have nothing to do. Out of boredom I made a map of Europe in 1905.
http://i44.tinypic.com/25gewq1.png

Disclaimer: I have never made a map before, some (most) of the borders are wrong. Also the program I used (gimp) has no spellcheck and I am a terrible speller.

Murska
2013-09-19, 01:14 PM
That's pretty cool. But I'd argue that Rome is Occupied Italy, rather than a French Puppet. Your occupation doesn't feel very permanent. :smalltongue:

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-19, 01:16 PM
True. I declared it a French Puppet because it makes me feel better about my current position in the game.:smalltongue:

Murska
2013-09-19, 01:20 PM
You should call the Free France area 'Vichy France'. :P

Shular
2013-09-19, 01:45 PM
Except Vichy France wasn't really free. It was pretty much the definition of a puppet government.

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-19, 01:49 PM
Except Vichy France wasn't really free. It was pretty much the definition of a puppet government.

He was taunting me. He wasn't saying Vichy France had freedom.

Murska
2013-09-19, 01:55 PM
I fought a two-front war against France and Russia, with a side of fighting the British at the same time. At least I got one before I died. I feel like a very historical Germany here. :P

We should post more IC, at some point. A meeting between the French King and the German Kaiser?

Exthalion
2013-09-19, 01:57 PM
I fought a two-front war against France and Russia, with a side of fighting the British at the same time. At least I got one before I died. I feel like a very historical Germany here. :P

We should post more IC, at some point. A meeting between the French King and the German Kaiser?

Do you mean the English King or the French Prime Minister?

Murska
2013-09-19, 02:07 PM
Oh, right. That's why I was fighting the French. They've got a puny non-sovereign in charge. You should pick Emperor Napoleon the Xth.

I don't know if there's much to say between the English King and the Kaiser. But you can feel free to prove me wrong.

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-19, 02:24 PM

King?!? The French do not need a king. We chopped of his head a hundred years ago!

HedgehogRanger
2013-09-19, 02:27 PM
Also, disband F Aeg and A Smy.

Shular
2013-09-19, 03:38 PM
Results for Fall, 1905 (Adjustment)

Austria:
Builds A TRI
Builds A VIE

England:
Builds F EDI
Builds A LON

Germany:
Builds F KIE

Italy:
Removes F AEG
Removes A SMY

Russia:
Builds A SEV

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1906.jpg

Spring 1906 orders due Monday 23rd, 5pm eastern

Exthalion
2013-09-19, 05:05 PM
Just as a rules question, but you are allowed to disband if dislodged even if you have a path of legal retreat?

Shular
2013-09-19, 05:12 PM
Absolutely!

Shular
2013-09-22, 05:17 PM
Just under 23 hour warning!

Zjoot
2013-09-22, 07:52 PM
Can I have a one day extension? I haven't been on that much this weekend and I'd have to send orders tonight to hit the deadline.

Shular
2013-09-23, 12:31 AM
Can I have a one day extension? I haven't been on that much this weekend and I'd have to send orders tonight to hit the deadline.

Any objections?

Shular
2013-09-23, 10:48 AM
Since there are no objections (or, apparently, feelings at all), the deadline is officially extended.

Spring 1906 orders now due Tuesday 24th, 4pm eastern (set to 4 pm because 5 pm is getting late my time.)

Shular
2013-09-24, 11:43 AM
Italy is the only unsubmitted set of orders. However, a couple people sent in early orders to make sure they had something submitted. If you want to change them, you've got just over 3 hours to do so.

Maugan Ra
2013-09-24, 12:21 PM
I'm fine with the orders I sent in for this turn.

Shular
2013-09-24, 02:40 PM
*** Who is Allied With Whom? ***
*** Italians Lose Smyrna, but Work With French! ***
Spring 1906 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1906moves.jpg?t=1380050930

Spring 1906 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1906results.jpg?t=1380051091

Results for Spring, 1906
General Notices:
No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.

Austria:
A BUD - RUM
Bounced with SEV (1 against 1).
A GRE - BUL
A TRI - SER
A VEN Holds
A VIE - BUD
Failed because Austria: A BUD - RUM failed.

England:
F BRE - ENG
F EDI - NWG
A GAS - PAR
A HOL Holds
A LON - BEL
Convoy path taken: LON→NTH→BEL.
F MAO Supports F POR - SPA/sc
Support cut by Move from Western Mediterranean.
F NTH Convoys A LON - BEL
F NWY - SKA
F POR - SPA/sc
Bounced with SPA (1 against 2).

France:
A MAR - GAS
F ROM Supports A PIE - TUS
A SPA Supports A MAR - GAS
Support cut by Move from Portugal.

Germany:
A BUR - BEL
Bounced with LON (1 against 1).
F DEN - NTH
F KIE - HOL
A LVN - STP
A SIL - MUN
F STP/sc - BOT
A WAR Holds

Italy:
F LYO Supports A SPA
A PIE - TUS
F WES - MAO
Bounced with MAO (1 against 1).

Russia:
F BUL/ec - CON
F CON - SMY
A MOS Supports A LVN - STP
A RUM - BUL
Bounced with GRE (1 against 1).
A SEV - RUM
Bounced with BUD (1 against 1).
A UKR - WAR

No retreats!

Fall 1906 orders due Friday, September 27th, 4pm eastern!

Maugan Ra
2013-09-24, 02:45 PM
*glances over at Austria*

Curse your sudden, yet inevitable betrayal!

GnomeGninjas
2013-09-24, 03:09 PM
Wow, thanks Italy. I took your capitol and you saved my Spain. I did not expect that.

HedgehogRanger
2013-09-24, 03:11 PM
Wow, thanks Italy. I took your capitol and you saved my Spain. I did not expect that.

No problem. I've always preferred Venice to Rome anyway:smalltongue:

EDIT: Well I just looked at the map, and Naples is fine as well.

Shular
2013-09-26, 05:33 PM
21.5 hour warning!

Exthalion
2013-09-26, 06:00 PM
I would like to request an extension. I am have a 10 page midterm I am writing that is taking longer than expected.

One day would be sufficient.

Shular
2013-09-27, 12:59 AM
If there are no objections, and since I've only received 1 set of orders, I'm willing to give the extension. But please, folks, don't wait till the last minute. :smallsmile:

Murska
2013-09-27, 05:16 AM
Extension would be good. I still haven't gotten any replies to some pretty critical communiques.

Shular
2013-09-27, 05:15 PM
We'll try this again:

21.5 hour warning!

Maugan Ra
2013-09-27, 05:32 PM
I've sent my orders in now. Apologies for the delay - I'm currently on a training course halfway across the country, so my internet access and free time has been somewhat spotty.

Shular
2013-09-28, 03:50 PM
Crap, got caught up in other stuff and forgot the deadline. I'm missing orders for England, and since I didn't mention it earlier, Exthalion, I'll give you 10 minutes to get your orders in.

Edit: Note I will not take any other changed orders as the deadline has passed and it wouldn't be fair to allow orders given under the knowledge that one country might NMR.

Also, England HAS already NMR'd once, and this would make the second, so please get them in!

Shular
2013-09-28, 05:05 PM
*** Anarchy in the UK!! ***
*** British Revolt as Leadership Abandons Them! ***
*** Russia, Austria Mess Up Orders! ***

Fall 1906 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1906moves.jpg

Fall 1906 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1906results.jpg

Results for Fall, 1906

Austria:
No order for unit at Budapest. Hold order assigned.
A BUD Holds
A GRE - BUL
A SER - RUM
Bounced with RUM (1 against 2).
A VEN - TRI
A VIE - GAL
A BUL supports A SER - RUM
Order failed, no unit in BUL

England: NMR
F ENG Holds
A HOL Holds
A LON Holds
F MAO Holds
F NTH Holds
F NWG Holds
A PAR Holds
Dislodged from GAS (2 against 1).
F POR Holds
F SKA Holds

France:
A GAS - PAR
F ROM - TYS
A SPA Holds

Germany:
A BUR Supports A GAS - PAR
F DEN Supports F BOT - SWE
F BOT - SWE
F KIE Supports F DEN
A MUN - RUH
A STP - NWY
A WAR Holds
Dislodged from MOS (2 against 1).

Italy:
F LYO Supports A SPA
A TUS - VEN
F WES - NAF

Russia:
F CON - BUL
Order failed, coast not specified
A MOS - WAR
A RUM Supports F CON - BUL
A SEV Supports A RUM
F SMY Holds
A UKR Supports A MOS - WAR

England A PAR can retreat to BRE or PIC
German A WAR can retreat to LVN, PRU, or SIL

Adjustments (Assuming Retreats Taken):

Austria (5/6) May build 1 unit
England (9/7) Must disband 2 units
France (3/4) May build 1 unit
Germany (7/7) No adjustments
Italy (3/3) No adjustments
Russia (6/7) May build 1 unit
Turkey (eliminated)

Unfortunately, with two NMR's, Exthalion is no longer running England. I have sent a message to Yugi asking if he would like to take over (he's first on the alt list).

Due date for adjustments is suspended until control of England is resolved. :smallsigh:

Maugan Ra
2013-09-28, 05:26 PM
Ah, nuts, forgot to specify the coastline. Somewhat annoying, but not a game-ender. I'll just have to remember in the future.

Anyway, building an army in Moscow.

Murska
2013-09-29, 01:02 AM
Retreating to Livonia.

Shular
2013-09-29, 11:43 AM
Yugi doesn't believe he'll have the time to properly dedicate to the game, so contacting 4is111, who's next on the alt list.

Edit: 4is111 is out. Asking Vexen. Splynn, if you're still following this game, you may be on deck if Vexen's not interested.

Splynn
2013-09-29, 06:27 PM
Still following. Just let me know if Vexen can't do it, and I can start reaching out to other players.

Shular
2013-09-29, 06:33 PM
I'll give Vexen till tomorrow evening (afternoon your time) to respond. Everyone else, please submit your build orders in the meanwhile. :smallsmile:

Vexen
2013-09-30, 09:07 AM
Splynn, will probably be more responsive than me. Go ahead and let him take over for England.

Shular
2013-09-30, 09:17 AM
Thanks, Vex. Okay Splynn, you're up!

First, let me know where you'd like to retreat Par to (if at all), and then disband orders.

However, since Splynn is just joining us, I'll give him a couple days to negotiate with the other players. Therefore:

Adjustment orders due Wednesday, October 2nd, 9pm eastern.

I'll have to adjudicate in the morning, as I'll be in bed by then.

Splynn
2013-09-30, 12:28 PM
Retreat to Pic.

Leaders of the world, feel free to begin negotations with me. I will do my best to respond to all inquiries about then new directions that Great Britain will be taking.

Shular
2013-10-01, 01:48 PM
Just waiting on Austria's build, which is self-evident.

Once I get it, I'll process adjustments ahead of schedule. May not be able to do it until tomorrow after work, though, unless it comes in the next hour or so. :smallsmile:

Zjoot
2013-10-01, 09:09 PM
build a vie

Shular
2013-10-02, 11:16 AM
Winter 1906 Adjustments

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1907.jpg

Results for Fall, 1906 (Adjustment)

Austria:
Builds A VIE

England:
Removes A LON
Removes F MAO

France:
Builds A MAR

Russia:
Builds A MOS

Spring 1907 orders due Sunday, October 6th, 5pm eastern!

PLEASE correspond with Splynn, even if it's just to say hi or to trick him. He's got a lot of work ahead of him and correspondance will make a big difference.

Shular
2013-10-05, 03:50 PM
This is your 24 hour warning!

So far orders received from Germany, Italy, and Russia.

Shular
2013-10-06, 03:15 PM
*** Anarchy in UK Ends, but Can New Leaders Forge an Alliance? ***
*** Germans Driven out of Norway! ***
*** Deadlock in Bulgaria! ***

Spring 1907 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1907results.jpg?t=1381087825

Spring 1907 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1907moves.jpg?t=1381087727

Results for Spring, 1907

Austria:
A BUD - RUM
Bounced with RUM (1 against 3).
A BUL Supports A BUD - RUM
Support cut by Move from Constantinople.
A GAL Supports A BUD - RUM
Support cut by Move from Warsaw.
A SER Supports A BUL
A TRI - ALB
A VIE Supports A GAL

England:
F ENG - MAO
Bounced with NAF (1 against 1).
A HOL - BEL
Dislodged from KIE (2 against 1).
Cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
F NTH - ENG
Failed because England: F ENG - MAO failed.
F NWG Supports F SKA - NWY
A PIC - BRE
F POR Holds
F SKA - NWY

France:
A MAR - GAS
A PAR - BRE
Bounced with PIC (1 against 1).
A SPA - POR
Bounced with POR (1 against 1).
F TYS - ION

Germany:
A BUR - BEL
F DEN - SKA
F KIE - HOL
A LVN - WAR
Failed because Russia: A WAR - GAL failed.
A NWY - STP
Bounced with MOS (1 against 1).
Dislodged from SKA (2 against 1).
A RUH Supports F KIE - HOL
F SWE Supports F DEN - SKA

Italy:
F LYO - WES
F NAF - MAO
Bounced with ENG (1 against 1).
A VEN Holds

Russia:
F CON - BUL/sc
Bounced with BUL (1 against 2).
A MOS - STP
A RUM Supports F CON - BUL/sc
Support cut by Move from Budapest.
A SEV Supports A RUM
F SMY - AEG
A UKR Supports A RUM
A WAR - GAL
Bounced with GAL (1 against 2).

Retreats: due ASAP
A NWY may retreat to Finland

Fall 1907 Orders Due Wed. Oct 9th, 5pm eastern

Murska
2013-10-06, 03:29 PM
Retreat to Finland.

Shular
2013-10-06, 04:51 PM
Everyone please play as if the German army's in Finland. It's too much trouble to upload the map for that one move. :smallbiggrin:

GnomeGninjas
2013-10-06, 06:03 PM
I moved Germany's army to Finland and added some boxing.
http://i43.tinypic.com/v5yc1v.png

Shular
2013-10-08, 04:27 PM
23.5 hour warning!

Shular
2013-10-09, 02:04 PM
Only need Germany's orders. :smallsmile:

Shular
2013-10-09, 06:02 PM
Guys, REALLY sorry. Got caught up in something else and completly forgot about proccessing orders. I have to get up early tomorrow (it's now midnight my time), so won't have time to process them today. :smallfrown:

I'll make sure to have them done by the time most of you get home from work. :smallbiggrin:

Maugan Ra
2013-10-10, 04:28 AM
Fair enough.

I approve of the boxing, by the way :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2013-10-10, 11:52 AM
*** European Powers go to Whole New Level of Treachery! ***

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1907moves.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1907results.jpg

Results for Fall, 1907 (Movement)

Austria:
A ALB - GRE
A BUD Supports A BUL - RUM
A BUL - RUM
A GAL - UKR
Bounced with UKR (1 against 1).
A SER Supports A BUL - RUM
A VIE - GAL

England:
F ENG - BRE
F NTH Supports F NWY
F NWY Supports A FIN - STP
F NWG Supports F NWY
A PIC - PAR
Bounced with PAR (2 against 2).
F POR Supports F WES - SPA/sc

France:
A GAS Supports A PAR
F ION - AEG
A PAR Supports A BUR - PIC
A SPA - POR
Bounced with POR (1 against 1).
Dislodged from WES (2 against 1).

Germany:
A BUR Supports A PIC - PAR
A FIN - STP
F HOL Supports A RUH - BEL
A LVN - WAR
Failed because Russia: A WAR - GAL failed.
A RUH - BEL
F SKA - DEN
Bounced with SWE (1 against 1).
F SWE - DEN

Italy:
F NAF - WES
A VEN - ROM
F WES - SPA/sc

Russia:
The Army in Rumania cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

F AEG Supports F ION - GRE
F CON Supports A RUM - BUL
A MOS - LVN
Failed because Germany: A LVN - WAR failed.
A RUM - BUL
Dislodged from BUL (3 against 1).
A SEV - RUM
Failed.
A UKR Supports A SEV - RUM
Support cut by Move from Galicia.
A WAR - GAL
Bounced with VIE (1 against 1).

Retreats (due ASAP)
French A Spain may retreat to Mar

Winter 1907 Adjustments:

Austria (6/7) May build 1 unit
England (6/6) No adjustments
France (4/2) Disband 2 units (assuming retreat taken)
Germany (7/8) May build 1 unit
Italy (3/5) May build 2 units
Russia (6/6) No adjustments
Turkey (0/0) - Eliminated

Build orders due Friday, Oct. 11th, 3pm Eastern

GnomeGninjas
2013-10-11, 05:25 AM
Don't retreat, disband F Ion.

Shular
2013-10-11, 02:16 PM
Winter, 1907 (Adjustment)
Austria: Builds F TRI
France: Removes F ION
Germany: Builds A KIE
Italy: Builds F NAP, A VEN

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1908.jpg?t=1381518867

Spring 1908 Orders due Tues, October 15th 4pm eastern!

Zjoot
2013-10-11, 06:19 PM
I'll be able to do this round, but I'm leaving on Monday for a trip to Europe and I'll be gone until Wednesday the 23rd, with likely no time to pay much attention to this game.

Ideally I'd like to rejoin the game when I get back, so if there's an alternate that can play for Austria for the one or two turns that period spans, I'll make sure that you're included in all of the diplomacy for this round so you have somewhere to start.

If not...I'm not sure...I can probably send moves for the next turn...

Shular
2013-10-12, 01:47 AM
Guess we'll see who's following this.

You may also want to post something here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208845) if you want to arrange your temp fill-in yourself, otherwise I can do it.

Shular
2013-10-14, 02:45 PM
23 hour warning!

Shular
2013-10-15, 04:03 PM
*** Russian Army Destroyed in Ukraine! ***
*** English Army Destroyed in Picardy! ***
*** Germans Work With French: All else seems uncertain! ***

Spring 1908 Moves

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1908moves.jpg

Spring 1908 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1908results.jpg?t=1381870145

Results for Spring, 1908

Austria:
A BUD Supports A RUM
A GAL - UKR
A RUM Supports A GAL - UKR
A SER - BUL
Bounced with CON (2 against 1).
F TRI - ADR
A VIE - GAL

England:
The Army in Picardy cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
F BRE - GAS
F NTH - ENG
F NWY Supports F NWG - NTH
Support cut by Move from Sweden.
Dislodged from SWE (2 against 1).
F NWG - NTH
A PIC - PAR
Dislodged from PAR (3 against 1).
F POR Holds

France:
A GAS - BRE
Bounced with BRE (1 against 1).
A PAR - PIC

Germany:
A BEL Supports A PAR - PIC
A BUR Supports A PAR - PIC
F HOL Supports F SKA - NTH
A KIE - DEN
A LVN - MOS
Bounced with MOS (1 against 2).
F SKA - NTH
A STP Supports F SWE - NWY
F SWE - NWY

Italy:
F NAP - TYS
A ROM - VEN
F SPA/sc Supports F WES - MAO
A VEN - PIE
F WES - MAO

Russia:
The Army in Ukraine cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
F AEG Supports F CON - BUL/sc
F CON - BUL/sc
Bounced with SER (2 against 1).
A MOS Supports A WAR
Support cut by Move from Livonia.
A SEV Supports A UKR - RUM
A UKR - RUM
Bounced with RUM (2 against 2).
Dislodged from GAL (2 against 1).
A WAR Supports A MOS

Retreats (due ASAP)
English F Nwy may retreat to Ska or Bar

Fall 1908 Orders:
Zjoot (Austria) has indicated he will be away until the 23rd. Is there anyone willing to cover for him until then, or would players be willing to pause the game. (I always worry that pauses can kill a game, but if you guys choose to do this, I guarantee I will resume again, as long as you will as well).

HedgehogRanger
2013-10-15, 05:57 PM
I have no real preference for either postponing or continuing the game; I'm fine with whatever is most convenient for other people.

Splynn
2013-10-15, 07:04 PM
Retreat to Ska

Shular
2013-10-16, 06:10 PM
Okay, as there don't seem to be any objections, and no volunteers to cover for Zjoot, I'm going to set the deadline for Fall 1908 as Oct 25th, 5pm eastern.

I'll send out a typical "warning" a couple days in advance as a reminder. Please ensure, of you haven't yet, that this game is in your "Subscription" list, and you check that list regularly.

Murska
2013-10-17, 01:02 PM
Ugh... no Austria would really screw this game.

Maugan Ra
2013-10-17, 01:04 PM
This wouldn't have been a problem if he'd just let me ruthlessly bulldoze him like I was trying to do a few turns ago. :smalltongue:

*goes back to squinting at advancing legions of scarlet doom, in search of options*

Murska
2013-10-17, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately it wasn't in my interests to let you do that. :smallsmile:

Splynn
2013-10-17, 01:36 PM
Yea I'd really like to hold out a bit longer for a replacement Austria player. I'd even be okay with seeing if the old Turkey player wants to take over.

Beyond that, though, I would rather not put a hold on the game indefinitely. So instead of just having Austria hold every turn, how about the DM (Shular) issues defensive orders to Austria each turn? They would be purely defensive from the perspective of Austria holding what it has now and preventing further attacks. I think this is more fair than just hold orders issues across the board.

I realize it breaks the DM/player rule a bit, so I'm a bit hesitant as well. But it still sounds much better than just holds issued. But since nobody would be negotiating with Austria, it may not be that problematic.

HedgehogRanger
2013-10-17, 01:40 PM
Yea I'd really like to hold out a bit longer for a replacement Austria player. I'd even be okay with seeing if the old Turkey player wants to take over.

Beyond that, though, I would rather not put a hold on the game indefinitely. So instead of just having Austria hold every turn, how about the DM (Shular) issues defensive orders to Austria each turn? They would be purely defensive from the perspective of Austria holding what it has now and preventing further attacks. I think this is more fair than just hold orders issues across the board.

I realize it breaks the DM/player rule a bit, so I'm a bit hesitant as well. But it still sounds much better than just holds issued. But since nobody would be negotiating with Austria, it may not be that problematic.

Well I mean Austria is only going to be gone for like a week, so it's not that big a deal. I also disagree with the concept of just issuing defensive orders, because those could be fairly predictable and it would be fairly easy to exploit Austria knowing that he won't attack anyone for the next two turns.

Shular
2013-10-17, 01:47 PM
If you want, I can just decide what orders to give Austrian units after I see everyone elses. :smallwink:

No, to be fair, I gave everyone a chance to speak up and nobody said anything against it, so I'll give Zjoot the week he asked for. If he doesn't return by the deadline, I'll find a replacement player, but I'm not anticipating that happening.

Murska
2013-10-17, 02:27 PM
Kapitän zur See Fincke was standing on the command deck of his destroyer Ensdorf, part of the Zweite Zerstörergeschwader. They were fresh off from the battle on the Nordsee, that the newspapers back home had already tentatively nicknamed the "Kaiserschlacht", and his ship was listing lightly. Holes in the armour belts of the other nearby ships, burnt superstructure and, most of all, missing vessels - they all told a tale of a battle hard fought. But the expressions of the men, looking back towards the dispersing clouds of smoke even as they took the course back to Wilhelmshaven for some much-needed repairs, told a different story. A story of an unprecedented victory, a victory that some were already calling the end of the British dominance at sea.

The effective control of the Nordsee had, if temporarily, passed to the Hochseeflotte. Admiral von Tirpitz was already drawing up the plots and courses that would allow for the use of this control to contest the British shipyards in Scapa Flow or to roll up the Thames in a strike that would cripple their morale.

Just a few hours ago, the van of the German fleet had spotted the fast battleships in the First Scouting Group of the English. With the use of a smokescreen ostensibly to 'cover their retreat', the Germans had taken advantage of a critical flaw in English naval thought. After Trafalgar, each of the British admirals and captains had grown up on stories of élan, of taking up the banner and defeating the enemy on the seas in a decisive naval battle, in fleet-on-fleet action where Ships of the Line meet and smash each other volley after volley. The impetuous commander of the FSG had taken the bait, struck out for the small German detachment and found a torpedo attack from the smoke, followed by the main battle line of the entire Hochseeflotte. Not a man had survived.

The initial advantage had been turned into a decisive victory as the Royal Fleet was forced to turn around and outmaneuvered, striking for the straits of Denmark in a bid to escape annihilation. This was the time for the Navy to shine, to justify the millions spent in creating a fleet to rival the Great Powers of the age. It was time to take the war to the enemy.

Amidus Drexel
2013-10-17, 08:53 PM

I'd love to, but with the exception of tomorrow (I've got quite literally nothing to do tomorrow), I haven't got the time for it at all. Sorry, gents.

Zjoot
2013-10-19, 12:07 PM
I have wi-fi at my hotel, and I can probably figure out my moves pretty quick if I can just go over a couple of things with Germany.

I'll send the necessary PMs and try to get orders in tomorrow.

Shular
2013-10-19, 12:17 PM
Well, in THAT case:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1908.jpg?t=1382202912

Fall 1908 orders due Tuesday, 22nd October, 5pm eastern!

Shular
2013-10-19, 12:19 PM
Meanwhile, whereabouts are you in Europe, Zjoot? Did you go to Vienna or Budapest to do some research on the country you're running? :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2013-10-20, 04:03 AM
I'd be curious to know what this game's FB statuses would look like. :smallbiggrin:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6650094/facebook-news-feed-history-of-the-world-world-war-i-to-world-war-ii

Zjoot
2013-10-20, 02:02 PM
I'm just outside of Lucerne now. I'm on a trip with my school. We spent two days in London, two days in Paris, and two days in Switzerland. The only bit of Austria I'll be getting is a visit to Neuschwanstein tomorrow (which, I fancy, is where the ruler of Austria is hatching his plans to conquer the rest of the globe in this game), then off to Munich.

GnomeGninjas
2013-10-21, 03:20 PM
I had some more time so I made another map.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w2k3gy.png

Shular
2013-10-21, 03:43 PM
Very cool Gnome!

Also, 24 hour notice!

Haven't received orders from Italy and England.

Shular
2013-10-22, 11:04 AM
Couple hours left. Just waiting on Italy.

Shular
2013-10-22, 03:50 PM
*** Report from Geneva: Certain European Leaders are Bastards! ***
*** France Defeated! ***
*** Italy Invades Austria! ***
*** German Troops Land in England! ***
*** Livonia Confused by Order Typo: Wat? ***

Moves Fall 1908

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1908moves.jpg

Results Fall 1908

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1908results.jpg?t=1382473742

Results for Fall, 1908

Austria:
No order for unit at Budapest. Hold order assigned.
F ADR - ION
Bounced with TYS (1 against 1).
A BUD Holds
A GAL - WAR
A RUM - SEV
A SER - BUL
A UKR Supports A RUM - SEV

England:
F BRE Supports A PIC
Support failed. Move orders must be supported explicitly.
F ENG - LON
F NWG - EDI
F POR Holds
F SKA - NTH

France:
A GAS Supports A PIC - BRE
A PIC - BRE
Bounced with BRE (2 against 2).

Germany:
A BEL - YOR
Convoy path taken: BEL→NTH→YOR.
A BUR - PAR
A DEN - SWE
F HOL - BEL
A Lvn Supports A Gal - Wat
Illegal order, could not be processed.
F NTH Convoys A BEL - YOR
F NWY - SWE
A STP - MOS
Bounced with MOS (1 against 1).

Italy:
F MAO Supports F BRE
A PIE - MAR
F SPA/sc Supports A PIE - MAR
F TYS - ION
Bounced with ADR (1 against 1).
A VEN - TRI

Russia:
F AEG - CON
F CON - BLA
A MOS Supports A WAR
Support cut by Move from St. Petersburg.
A SEV Supports A MOS
Support cut by Move from Rumania.
Dislodged from RUM (2 against 1).
A WAR Supports A MOS
Support cut by Move from Galicia.

Retreats: due ASAP
Russian Army Sev may retreat to Arm

Adjustments (assumint retreats taken):
Austria (7/7): no adjustments
England (5/5): no adjustments
France: Eliminated (2 units disbanded)
Germany (8/10): may build 2 units
Italy (5/7): may build 2 units
Russia (5/5): no adjustments
Turkey: Eliminated

Adjustment orders due Wednesday, October 23rd, 5pm eastern

Shular
2013-10-23, 12:27 AM
Maugen Ra, will need you to explicitly state the retreat.

Maugan Ra
2013-10-23, 02:16 AM
Yeah, retreat to Arm.

Zjoot
2013-10-23, 02:40 AM
Seriously? We all know what that order meant...you don't think that's a bit harsh?

Maugan Ra
2013-10-23, 06:18 AM
Seriously? We all know what that order meant...you don't think that's a bit harsh?

Hey, I got caught out earlier for failing to specify which coast of Bulgaria I was trying to move to. And Italy has had at least one invalid move due to a mistype. It happens.

(The fact that I benefit from this particular typo in no way influences my response :smalltongue:)

Murska
2013-10-23, 08:52 AM

You seem to have typoed your own orders a bit, friend. As I recall, you were meant to support me into Moscow.

Shular
2013-10-23, 03:16 PM
Winter 1908 Adjustments

Italy: Builds A Ven, F Nap
Germany: Builds A Ber, A Mun

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1909.jpg?t=1382559154

Spring 1909 orders due Sunday, Ocotober 27th, 5pm eastern!

Zjoot
2013-10-23, 11:31 PM
To Russia: I realized that just after I posted. :smallredface: Really just venting mild frustration at my suddenly worsened situation.

To Germany: Oh that makes much more sense. I was really confused before. Sorry for the misunderstanding, though things seem to have worked out just fine for you anyways...

Splynn
2013-10-24, 02:53 PM
Really sorry to do this. But between mid terms and finally getting a break this weekend (hooray!) to celebrate my birthday which was this last week, I don't think I'll have the time to properly negotiate and get my moves in if the deadline is Sunday.

Can we push back to Thursday? I know it's a long delay, but it would be very helpful.

Shular
2013-10-24, 05:30 PM
That IS a hefty delay, but I'll put it up to the other players. Are people okay with delaying until Thursday?

Zjoot
2013-10-24, 10:22 PM
Fine with me.

Maugan Ra
2013-10-25, 01:56 AM
No objections here.

HedgehogRanger
2013-10-25, 01:13 PM
I'm fine with it.

Murska
2013-10-25, 02:24 PM
I don't mind, and I figure if anyone wants England to miss a turn it's me. But feels better to prevail under your own power.

Shular
2013-10-25, 03:32 PM
Right then:

Spring 1909 orders due Thursday, Ocotober 31st, 5pm eastern!

Get them in BEFORE you go trick-or-treating. :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2013-10-30, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the PM reminders.

This is your 22 hour warning!

Shular
2013-10-31, 06:12 AM
Going out tonight, so will process orders when I get home. (Remember, 5pm eastern is 10pm my time, though clock adjustments may have a factor in that.)

Meanwhile, I have orders from everyone but Austria.

Shular
2013-10-31, 09:23 PM
Zjoot, I don't have you're orders for Austria. As it's late (almost 2:30 am) and I can't really keep my eyes open, I'll be processing orders in the morning. If nothing's in, then it will be NMR.
(I won't be taking adjusted orders from anyone else hoping to capitalize on the possible NMR.:smallamused:)

Shular
2013-11-01, 05:15 AM
*** Anarchy in Austria! Russia takes advantage! ***
*** Germans Continue Inexorable Advance! ***
*** Italian Sailors Party in Dublin. Wine stocks now at all time low! ***

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1909moves.jpg?t=1383299961

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1909results.jpg

Results for Spring, 1909

Austria:
A BUL Dislodged from CON (2 against 1).
A SEV Dislodged from MOS (2 against 1).

England:
F BRE - ENG
Bounced with BEL (1 against 1).
F EDI Supports F LON - NTH
F LON - NTH
F POR - MAO
F SKA - NWY
Failed because Germany: F NWY - SWE failed.

Germany:
F BEL - ENG
Bounced with BRE (1 against 1).
A BER - SIL
A DEN - SWE
A LVN Supports A STP - MOS
A MUN - TYR
F NTH - LON
Bounced with LON (1 against 1).
Dislodged from LON (2 against 1).
F NWY - SWE
A PAR - BUR
Bounced with MAR (1 against 1).
A STP - MOS
A YOR - LVP

Italy:
A MAR - BUR
F MAO - IRI
F NAP Supports F TYS - ION
F SPA/sc Holds
A TRI Supports A VEN
F TYS - ION
A VEN Supports A TRI

Russia:
A ARM Supports A MOS - SEV
F BLA Supports F CON - BUL/ec
F CON - BUL/ec
A MOS - SEV
A WAR - UKR

Austria: A Sev may retreat to Rum
Austria: A Bul may retreat to Rum or Ser
Germany: F Nth may retreat to Yor, Nwg, or Hel

Fall 1909 orders due Tuesday, November 5th, noon eastern!

Shular
2013-11-01, 03:06 PM
Still nothing from Zjoot. I'll give him 12 hours from now to state his retreats, or the units disband.

Murska
2013-11-01, 03:44 PM
That's pretty harsh given his situation. Shouldn't we look for a replacement?

Shular
2013-11-01, 06:10 PM
Okay, if I have nothing by morning I'll advertise for replacement.

Zjoot
2013-11-02, 01:49 AM
Ok, a sev to rum, a bul to ser.

Really sorry. It's been a tough week. Not much time for anything. I'm thinking about just asking for a replacement, but that would be unfair to them and to the current players. I'll see the game through.

Shular
2013-11-02, 02:47 AM
Thanks Zjoot. Real life comes before this, so everybody understands if important things causes absences. If you can, though, please let us know when you are unable to post, and we'll see what we can do to accomodate you.

Along with Austria's retreats, the German fleet retreats to Nwg. I'll have a map up later today.

Shular
2013-11-02, 08:42 PM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/S1909retreats.jpg?t=1383442881

Shular
2013-11-04, 06:10 PM
So far I only have Germany's orders, so will give slight extension:

23 hour warning! Orders due 5pm eastern, Tuesday 5th.

Shular
2013-11-05, 01:04 PM
Folks, time's running out. Where are orders? I only have Germany and Austria in.

Maugan Ra
2013-11-05, 01:07 PM
Just sent mine in. Sorry for the delay - work has been pretty tiring lately.

Shular
2013-11-05, 04:24 PM
K. Just waiting on England.

Splynn
2013-11-05, 05:27 PM
Sorry. Thought I'd sent them in already.

I'm sending now. Just need a couple minutes; images aren't loading atm x.x. Should have them in within the next five minutes.

Shular
2013-11-05, 06:09 PM
*** German Forces Continue to Surge! ***
*** Other European Powers Continue to Squabble! ***

Fall 1909 Moves:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1909moves.jpg?t=1383757757

Fall 1909 Results

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/Shular67/Phoenix%20Rising/F1909results.jpg

Order Results:

Austria:
F ADR - VEN
A BUD - TRI
A GAL - VIE
A GRE - BUL
Bounced with BUL (1 against 2).
A RUM Supports A UKR - SEV
A SER Supports A BUD - TRI
A UKR - SEV

England:
F BRE Supports F MAO - ENG
F EDI Holds
F MAO - ENG
F NTH - NWG
Bounced with NWG (1 against 1).
F SKA - DEN

Germany:
F BEL - NTH
Failed because England: F NTH - NWG failed.
A DEN Holds
A LVP - EDI
Bounced with EDI (1 against 1).
A LVN - WAR
A MOS Supports A LVN - WAR
F NWY - SKA
Failed because England: F SKA - DEN failed.
F NWG Supports A LVP - EDI
Support cut by Move from North Sea.
A PAR - BUR
A SIL Supports A LVN - WAR
A TYR Supports F ADR - VEN

Italy:
F ION - ADR
F IRI - LVP
Failed because Germany: A LVP - EDI failed.
A MAR Holds
F NAP - ION
F SPA/sc Holds
A TRI Supports A VEN
Support cut by Move from Budapest.
Dislodged from BUD (2 against 1).
A VEN Supports A TRI
Support cut by Move from Adriatic Sea.
Dislodged from ADR (2 against 1).

Russia:
The Army in Sevastopol cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
A ARM - SEV
F BLA Supports F BUL/ec
F BUL/ec Supports A SEV - RUM
Support cut by Move from Greece.
A SEV - RUM
Dislodged from UKR (2 against 1).
A WAR - UKR

Retreats:
Italian army Tri may retreat to Bud or Alb
Italian army Ven may retreat to Pie, Tus, Rom, or Apu

Retreats due ASAP
Build order due date to be determined.

Adjustments (assuming retreats taken):
Austria (7/8): May build 1 unit
Englad (5/4): Must disband 1 unit
Germany (10/13): May build 3 units
Italy (7/5): Must disband 2 units
Russia (4/4): No changes

Still waiting on retreat orders.
Winter 1909 adjustments due Thursdsay, November 6th, 5pm eastern.

Splynn
2013-11-06, 02:24 PM
Since the army came from Bud, I think there's a mistake in that Italy can retreat there. Maybe I'm missing something?

HedgehogRanger
2013-11-06, 02:31 PM
Retreat to Alb and Rom