PDA

View Full Version : Spending a truckload of money

Hyena
2013-08-05, 04:29 PM
Despite being known as a DnD-nerd amongst most of my friends, I've never been playing it for a long time. While I know something - like the fact that cleric becomes a god using nightsticks and monk sucks, I have no idea about late-game or magic items.
This is why I ask for your help. My DM declared that his campaign will be "for the real heroes, not yesterday peasants", and therefore has given to us:
1) Flaws from dandwiki, as imbalanced as they are
2) Improbably high pointbuy
3) Whooping 37 thousand (37 000) gold pieces On the level five. Yes, gold pieces.
I created a couple of possible builds, but man - I can't imagine what should I do with all those money. I mean, I can buy +5 armor and still dive in money like Scrooge McDuck.

The builds are - crusader 5, warblade 5 and dread necromancer 5. I decided to make my crusader a tiefling and give him a feathered wings graft to a) outline his heritage b) gain permaflight.
Warblade, that should be focusing on quarterstaffs, bought himself gloves of shillelagh, that for 2k gold boost his weapon damage up to 1d10.
But what with everything else? I don't know what weapon enchants to buy, which items are the best, what armor enchants are the best or even what dread necromancer would want to have.

Rebel7284
2013-08-05, 04:43 PM
bought himself gloves of shillelagh, that for 2k gold boost his weapon damage up to 1d10.

If custom items are allowed, may I suggest continuous item of Wraithstrike. :P

Asrrin
2013-08-05, 05:34 PM
Can't go wrong with staples like belt of battle, healing belt, anklets of translocation, handy haversack, ect.

ArqArturo
2013-08-05, 06:37 PM
Potions, man. Spend it all on Cure light wound potions.

Ok, enough joking around. It's always useful to get the best defensive gear. Since you're using Tome of Broken... Er, Tome of Battle, my best guess is that items that up your Saves, and maybe some other quarterstaffs vs different enemies (silver, cold iron, etc.) could be useful.

Hyena
2013-08-06, 04:41 AM
What about armor of blurring? Is it worth the price?

Darrin
2013-08-06, 05:27 AM
What about armor of blurring? Is it worth the price?

No. Get armor spikes + Smoking (+1 enhancement, Lords of Darkness) instead for 8350 GP.

Hyena
2013-08-06, 06:19 AM
Oh. Thanks. And weapon? I'm thinking about using maul.

Mithril Leaf
2013-08-06, 06:52 AM
Since you're already outfitted with the latest in fiendish grafts, there's no reason not to also pick up a strong leg for +2 constitution at only 8,000 GP.