PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Please ;/

evyldead
2013-08-05, 05:12 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to create a D&D 3.5e character. Well its based off a movie UltraViolet, some people may or may not have seen it. its very good and I want to create Violet Song but I don't know how to do it exactly i was wondering if anyone could help me out and figure out her classes feat and best stats and armor basically everything. I have researched and found nothing on how to build Violet Song. If anyone has any ideas please let me know :smallsmile:.

Thank you.

evyldead
2013-08-05, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone reading this,

I need some help on making a D&D 3.5 character. She is based off of Violet Song from the movie UltraViolet yes I want to re-create Violet Song as a D&D 3.5e character and well I'm not to sure on how to do that. so if anyone could help me please do so :D.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-05, 05:45 PM
For those of us who haven't seen the movie, what are the defining mechanical elements you'd like to capture?

evyldead
2013-08-05, 05:49 PM
All of what she does basically the concept of Violet Song, basically mimic what she does and is.

evyldead
2013-08-05, 05:51 PM
How would she be built though im not to sure on how to do the gestalt aspect.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-05, 05:52 PM
All of what she does basically the concept of Violet Song, basically mimic what she does and is.

What Grod means is that for the people who haven't seen the movie (or read the comic that it's based on), what can she do? Eg. run up walls, dodge bullets, etc...

Ruethgar
2013-08-05, 05:54 PM
MSRD mutations seem like a good bet. You wouldn't get that insane power, LA and alignment of a vampire but thematically could make it work. Blood hunger, ultraviolet allergy, she had some sort of sickness as I recall, poisonous blood could open up some of the more beneficial mutations. Fangs, hypersensitivity, leaper, skeletal reinforcement.

She is human(ish) so that's covered. Class, something with disguise as a class skill and reflex as a primary save. I am thinking Martial Rogue base, go into Thief Acrobat later. If you want to keep her in the typical D&D setting, you need something that produces ammo. Going by what she actually has in the movie, an item with a custom extradimensional space seems appropriate, Gloves of Holding or some such. Guns are a tad bit more tricky, could replace them with repeating hand crossbows, I'm sure you could work something out with your DM on how those would work.

Edit: I don't recall where, but somewhere there is a feat or ability that allows you to redirect arrows(rooftop scene), not quite the equal of bullets but still.

Several levels in monk with the wall walker ACF, she doesn't seem the lawful type though so maybe chaos monk. I think there is also a pcionic feat that let's you run on walls. A simple item of disguise self should suffice fore the hair color change, or maybe just prestidigitation. Oh and tumble skill maxed.

evyldead
2013-08-05, 06:01 PM
How her suit and hair changes color on her mood, the Hemoglophagia, using Gun Kata, acrobatics she has, getting in and out of sticky situations dodging bullets running on walls and everything.

evyldead
2013-08-05, 06:10 PM
thank you, my DM is very understanding on making adjustments to a character he just wanted me to come up with a base and he will help but i had no idea on how to do it so thats why i asked and that seems to have answered most of my questions for now haha the rest i can hopefully answer on my own as i go through making Violet Song
and again thank you.. if there is anymore ideas on how to make her please feel free to share them or show or however you would like to explain how you think she would be made.

The Viscount
2013-08-06, 03:41 PM
Half-Vampire would get you partially towards her abilities, though the LA is still too large for most people.

If ToB is allowed, Swordsage or Warblade focusing on Tiger Claw seems appropriate, as its focused on acrobatics and ferocity; the whole predatory theme meshes well with a vampire. The gun kata is hard to replicate. It's been a while since I've seen Ultraviolet, so I cannot remember if she fights with gun in one hand and sword in the other. If so, Versatile Combatant, using the hand crossbow as a stand-in for guns as mentioned earlier, is situational, but good when it applies.

evyldead
2013-08-07, 04:58 PM
would there be any other ideas on how she would be made ?

what would her main stats be? strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, or charisma?

The Viscount
2013-08-07, 07:43 PM
That depends on what you choose. A Swordsage uses Wis, and with Shadow Blade can disregard Str in place of Dex. Warblade uses Int.

evyldead
2013-08-08, 06:42 PM
hmm, that's interesting i have never really used those classes so its kind of unfamiliar but i can read up on them.

evyldead
2013-08-10, 10:21 PM
Would there be any specific Feats for this type of idea ??? forgot to ask ^_^

Venger
2013-08-11, 12:26 AM
between the two, warblade's easier since they have less maneuvers known (less bookkeeping) and less disciplines available (meaning it's harder to screw yourself with bad maneuver choices)

here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176968) is a handbook for warblade, which is a solid build just taking it to 20 since there is little prc support for martial adepts (and prcing into master of nine or something the first time playing an initiator invites unnecessary complications) they are from "tome of battle" and would allow you to replicate song's jumping ability, her super senses and strength and swordfighting ability (as viscount mentioned, through tiger claw focus)

many feats mentioned there are solid. tiger blooded (and whatever its prereq is) are pretty fun and tiger blooded is tactical so it's like 3 mini feats.

The Viscount
2013-08-11, 12:52 AM
If you're going to be using hand crossbows to stand in for her guns, don't bother taking rapid reload. Get the quick loading property on them. That makes versatile combatant more useful, though it's still a judgement call. It would certainly be fun with raging mongoose.

Crake
2013-08-11, 01:40 AM
You know you can edit posts if you come up with something you want to add, rather than double posting every time you reply?

evyldead
2013-08-11, 06:39 PM
What about gloves of holding ? how would they be made ? and smething to replicate the gravity effects on her she uses

The Viscount
2013-08-11, 09:51 PM
Could you explain a little more? It's been a while since I've seen it.

evyldead
2013-08-12, 12:51 PM
the gloves that she used to store her weapons and ammo i was thinking on just turning a bag of holding into gloves of holding

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-12, 01:03 PM
the gloves that she used to store her weapons and ammo i was thinking on just turning a bag of holding into gloves of holding

There's actually already a glove of holding in... Ghostwalk, I believe. It also gives you true strike 1/day.

evyldead
2013-08-13, 01:15 PM
all i can find are gloves of storing in the DMG nothing on gloves of holding

Kansaschaser
2013-08-13, 04:05 PM
I've seen the movie and she also has a backpack for part of it that is like a Bag of Holding or a Handy Haversack. So you'd probably need to pick up one of those as your equipment.

She also had a motocycle that allowed her to "change gravity" so she could ride along the side of a building without falling. There is a spell called False Gravity in the Planar Handbook. Maybe talk with your DM into allowing you a custom magic item that is a Clockwork Bike with built in False Gravity.

As for the "Gun Kata", you can (in some campaigns) purchase firearms. It all depends on if the gnomes in your DM's universe have created gun powder yet. Once you get a masterwork gun, you can have it enchanted will all kinds of abilities. I don't know if you are playing in 3.5 or Pathfinder, but look into the spells and magical enchantments that deal with guns in the Pathfinder SRD.

Being able to dodge bullets (or arrows in most cases) would be the Protection from Arrows spell. I can't think of any magic items off the top of my head that give you Protection from Arrows, but I know they are out there. You could also pick up the Deflect Arrows feat if you have Improved Unarmed Strike. If you don't want to spend feats to allow you to deflect arrows, you can pick up Shield with the Crystal of Arrow Deflection or a Quarterstaff of Battle.

That's just my ideas for some equipment.

Venger
2013-08-13, 04:15 PM
There's actually already a glove of holding in... Ghostwalk, I believe. It also gives you true strike 1/day.
it's called "glove of the master strategist" and is a glove of storing and also true strike 1/day. plus it's 3600 (and still overpriced) compared to the glove of holding's absolutely ludicrous 10,000

all i can find are gloves of storing in the DMG nothing on gloves of holding

there are no gloves of holding. the item kuulv mentioned is in a different book from the dmg called ghostwalk.

I'd go with a ring of arming. it holds a whole loadout of gear (and then you have a loadout on) so you can swap between 2 sets of stuff (including weapons/armor)

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-13, 06:01 PM
there are no gloves of holding. the item kuulv mentioned is in a different book from the dmg called ghostwalk.

Thanks for confirming that for me - I was going off of memory, there.

evyldead
2013-08-13, 06:15 PM
Well all these equipment making this char more and more better hahaha the ring you are talking about do you know the book?

Morphie
2013-08-13, 06:51 PM
The Ring of Arming is on the Magic Item Compendium.

Question: Are you new to the game?

evyldead
2013-08-13, 10:37 PM
no lol i have been playing D&D for awhile i just only used the core books and some other books never used magic item compendium