PDA

View Full Version : Wand Question

Eonas
2013-08-05, 05:49 PM
Do feats you have apply to spells you cast via wand and/or scroll? For instance, if my character has Augment Summoning, does that the products of my Summon Monster I wand (or scroll) better stats?

Also, what is the caster level on a level 1 (or 2, or 3, or whatever) wand or scroll? So if I cast Summon Monster I via a wand or scroll, how many rounds will the conjuration last?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grayson01
2013-08-05, 05:57 PM
If you bought the scroll or wand it is the minimum Caster level required to cast the spell. So a summon monster one would most likely be at caster level 1. A Wand of Fireball would be at caster level 5.

Deophaun
2013-08-05, 05:58 PM
Do feats you have apply to spells you cast via wand and/or scroll? For instance, if my character has Augment Summoning, does that the products of my Summon Monster I wand (or scroll) better stats?

Also, what is the caster level on a level 1 (or 2, or 3, or whatever) wand or scroll? So if I cast Summon Monster I via a wand or scroll, how many rounds will the conjuration last?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last question first: Caster level is determined by the level of the caster who created the item. Typically, this is the lowest caster level required to cast the spell. Your average wand of Summon Monster I is going to last 1 round, unless you buy a custom (and more expensive) version with a higher caster level.

For feats, it depends. If you have something like ray specialization, and you're casting scorching ray from a scroll, I believe that would work. The main question is, does the feat specify that it only works with spells you cast, because unfortunately, you do not cast the spell from a scroll or wand, you activate it.

Now, Augment Summoning will work just fine, because it isn't dependent on you casting the spell, but rather conjuring the creature.