PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] What happens when you buff a Shadow's damage ?

tofucake
2013-08-06, 12:06 PM
What happens when a creature that has unusual natural weapons, such as a shadow and its strength damaging melee attack, gets buffed with spells or effects that increase it's damage ?

eg if a shadow with a natural melee attack of 1d6 strength damage gets buffed with a spell or effect that increases weapon damage by 1, does the shadow do 1d6+1 strength damage or is there some rule I've missed ? Thanks !

LimeSkeleton
2013-08-06, 12:48 PM
I'd suggest putting this in the 3.5 discussion thread rather than in the general roleplaying thread, especially as its more of a mechanics question. It will get seen there a lot quicker, plus you're more likely to get people who are well-versed in the system.

erikun
2013-08-06, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285715) thread would be the best place for questions like this.

I'm not sure what happens right off hand. I do know that extra dice of damage, such as from sneak attack, would be negative energy (HP) damage rather than extra Strength damage. I'm not sure how a straight damage buff, such as from Divine Favor, would work out.

tofucake
2013-08-07, 02:21 AM
Ah thank you!