PDA

View Full Version : Making a Rogue-like Character

ColossusCrusher
2013-08-06, 12:40 PM
I'm using the term Rogue-like because I'm not focusing completely on pumping up my Sneak Attack to the moon (that would be a Sneak Attacker :) ). What I'm trying to figure out is if what I've got so far is solid, if it can be improved and if so where, etc.

So without further ado, class breakdown:

Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Swashbuckler 1/Swordsage 2/Swashbuckler 2/Swordsage 2/Warblade 2/Swordsage 6 (the last ten levels are pretty flexible, depending on when I want the Warblade dip).

This grabs 16 BAB, a good number of skill points and 8th level Swordsage maneuvers - namely Raging Mongoose and Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip, along with Iron Heart Surge/White Raven Tactics. Tack on TWF, Craven, Draconic Heritage (Battle), Dragonfire Strike and Shadow Blade and we're looking at some pretty nice damage. Use Smoking weapons to always be able to Hide and re-proc Sneak Attack and it seems pretty good to go.

What I guess I'm asking the playground is what your opinion on this is and if there's anywhere you would improve it. I know it's a little MAD, but at least in terms of hit points and saves it's a lot tankier than a pure Rogue build.

Rebel7284
2013-08-06, 01:48 PM
I prefer Factotum 8/Swordsage 2/other TOB stuff to create the ultimate ninja.

SincroFashad
2013-08-06, 02:42 PM
Just make sure your figurine is an '@' symbol.

Telonius
2013-08-06, 03:22 PM
What's the ability stat breakdown? I'm not sure I'd stick around in Swashbuckler for three levels. Yeah, Int to damage, but compare that to two more Initiator levels. As you said, the build is fairly MAD as it is; I'm guessing it would give you +2 at most, and that's only to foes who aren't crit-immune.

ColossusCrusher
2013-08-06, 04:10 PM
Good points - I only really wanted Swashbuckler for the BAB, Weapon Finesse and INT to damage, but that would only be +2 or so.

Ability scores should be 32 PB, so 8/18/14/14/(12/10)/(8/10) depending if I want to dump CHA.

I guess I can take more Warblade levels (Swash 1 for Weapon Finesse is fine though, I'd assume). I've also realized that I really need to space out the Fighter levels to grab ITWF/GTWF as bonus feats, since I would like to have Adaptive Style and Shadow Blade by level 9. At least with an earlier Warblade dip that's a lot more possible.

I'm going to go into Excel and try to figure this out a bit. I'd love to hear more suggestions. :)