PDA

View Full Version : Location of kragor's gate (possible spoilers)

DnDgeek13
2013-08-06, 04:03 PM
Could kragor's gate be located in the dwarven homeland? We know that he was a dwarf and that the gates defenses were modeled after him. Plus, since we know that durkons question to the oracle said that he wouldn't return to the homeland until he died,, given durkons recent life changes, could this be the location of the final gate?

Also, if I remember correctly from origin of the pc's durkons return would bring some form of big bad destruction? Could xykon be that destruction?

hamishspence
2013-08-06, 04:05 PM
Those have certainly been popular theories.

I suspect those theories will turn out to be correct.

Sylian
2013-08-06, 04:07 PM
We also know that it's in the North, and that the dwarven homelands are in the North, so yeah, it's quite likely.

Perhaps the destruction comes from the Gate blowing up?

Tock Zipporah
2013-08-06, 07:30 PM
Also, from a narrative point of view, I believe the dwarven lands are one of the only lands we haven't seen. Even the elves have had minor involvement (V's family and the elven strike team aiding the resistance). It makes a lot of sense to take the story there next.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-08-07, 12:21 AM
Wait, wait, wait - I thought this whole thing about the last gate being in the dwarven lands being confirmed in comic somewhere? No? Am I mistaken?

Anarion
2013-08-07, 12:40 AM
Wait, wait, wait - I thought this whole thing about the last gate being in the dwarven lands being confirmed in comic somewhere? No? Am I mistaken?

Not explicitly. It's heavily implied, if nothing else by the fact that they're all the same compass direction.

F.Harr
2013-08-07, 02:18 PM
Well, Xykon and Redcloak bearing down on the scene would constitute death and distruction.

Vinsfeld
2013-08-07, 02:27 PM
Well, Xykon and Redcloak bearing down on the scene would constitute death and distruction.

WHA-? What makes you think that?

Xelbiuj
2013-08-07, 03:24 PM
Makes sense in terms of terrain.

Hill land > forest > swamp > plains > cityscape > oceanic > island > desert . . . forgetting any?

All that's really left is tundra.

Infinite
2013-08-07, 03:46 PM
^ You're forgetting mountains, but the original hobgoblin home valley was in the mountains (I think) so that's covered, too.

Vinsfeld
2013-08-07, 03:49 PM
Makes sense in terms of terrain.

Hill land > forest > swamp > plains > cityscape > oceanic > island > desert . . . forgetting any?

All that's really left is tundra.

The "underworld". It would be nice to see some Duergar or those "half-spider half-humanoid monsters that I don't remember the name right now" or more Drow.

Xelbiuj
2013-08-07, 03:58 PM
Well, V let us know what she thought of the Underdark in SSDT so I don't think they'll be going back there unless they have to.

The astral plane is also on the table, not that they would need* to go to Xykon's fortress but it's an open possibility now.

Rakoa
2013-08-07, 04:35 PM
half-spider half-humanoid monsters that I don't remember the name right now"

Are you referring to the Dryder?

Vinsfeld
2013-08-07, 04:53 PM
Are you referring to the Dryder?

THANK YOU! :smallbiggrin:

Ward.
2013-08-07, 05:24 PM
Could kragor's gate be located in the dwarven homeland? We know that he was a dwarf and that the gates defenses were modeled after him. Plus, since we know that durkons question to the oracle said that he wouldn't return to the homeland until he died,, given durkons recent life changes, could this be the location of the final gate?

Also, if I remember correctly from origin of the pc's durkons return would bring some form of big bad destruction? Could xykon be that destruction?

Sounds like the order might pop another gate, and its probably the dwarven home lands if rich intends to bring back that she dorf before the end of the comic, what are the odds of her being related to krador?

Fayd
2013-08-07, 06:32 PM
You know, Durkon bringing death and destruction with him might just mean his new domains are Death and Destruction.

F.Harr
2013-08-08, 12:42 PM
I prefer trickery to death. But that's just me.

Newwby
2013-08-08, 02:38 PM
Durkon/Durkula isn't exactly bringing Xykon & Redcloak down on his dwarven bretheren however - they are like to arrive many moons ahead of the order. If anything they're bringing him down.

Kish
2013-08-08, 05:42 PM
I prefer trickery to death. But that's just me.
Personally, I prefer cake to death.