PDA

View Full Version : PF Barbarian/Druid Wild Shape Rules and Build Help?

Blind_Prophet
2013-08-06, 05:51 PM
Ok so this build is for one of my players who wants to use his 4e character in our test of Pathfinder (same campaign) so I was trying to find was that he could still be a fighter type but keep his ability to shift into a Bear so I figured a Bear Shaman Druid was the best and worked in Barb for some more warrior goodness but I have a few questions

Note: His race is Thri-kreen in 4e so I'm just going to use race creation to make the race as similar as possible to the 4e version with a little influence from 3.5e

- Can he rage in bear form?
- How does changing your wild shapes size affect your stats (shown below)
- With Barb12/Druid6 whats a good 2 level splash
- Any suggestions on feat and traits?
- How does Natural attacks work it seems...odd in PF
- Anything else would be appreciated as well

Barbarian 12 (Beast Totem/Invulnerable Rager)/Druid 6 (Bear Shaman)/??? 2

Bear Shaman + Shaping Focus feat allows for him to shift into a bear as if he was a Lvl 12 Druid allowing for shifting to a Huge bear as well as applying the Giant and Advanced templates.

Barbarian of course gives him Greater Rage, 6 rage powers and fast movement, Invulnerable Rager gives him DR 6/- instead of DR 2/- in exchange for IUD, Beast Totem gives him access to some abilities to enhance his bear form.

The final 2 levels I'm thinking either 2 fighter for the extra feats, 2 monk for evasion/extra feats/wis to ac/elly monk archetype 1d6 extra damage per strike or pain tester 2 for some more stat boosts and some interesting fluff...assuming it doesn't kill him. The pain tester and fighter ones would be Str/Con builds with enough wisdom to cast the few druid spells he has. The Monk build would b a Str/Wis build with the 3rd highest score in Dex for a decent AC and reflex save and an ok Con (raging,d12 Hit die and wild shape should easily make up for this) outside of Wildshape the Barbarian Monk would be a brawler.

Old Size* New Size Str Dex Con Natural Armor
Fine Diminutive Same –2 Same Same
Diminutive Tiny +2 –2 Same Same
Tiny Small +4 –2 Same Same
Small Medium +4 –2 +2 Same
Medium Large +8 –2 +4 +2
Large Huge +8 –2 +4 +3
Huge Gargantuan +8 Same +4 +4
Gargantuan Colossal +8 Same +4 +5

So using this badly pasted chart...would a Medium bear -> Gargantuan bear = +8 Str, +0 Dex, +4 Con, +4 NA or would it be +24 Str, -4 Dex, +12 Con, + 9 NA...I'm assuming its the former but I though I'd ask.

The charts here for an easier read: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...ate-giant-cr-1

Blind_Prophet
2013-08-07, 10:19 AM
Can no one answer these questions? Is it one of those things where no ones really sure what RAI is?

If that's the case I'll just go with what I think but I still wouldn't mind some input on a good 2 level splash (a couple examples above) or on feat and traits I'll let the player decide what he wants but I'd like to go in with some suggestions on hand.