PDA

View Full Version : Snowbluff looking for build Ideas.

Snowbluff
2013-08-06, 06:17 PM
I've been accruing interests in several build ideas for the next time my attention span is long enough to build a character.

So what I've got so far:

1) Setting Sun Swordsage Trip Master. Defensive Throw, Knockdown, Curling Wave Strike lots of other similiar stuff. Maybe like Jack B Quick, but throws characters qround like ragdolls. Off the edges of tall buildings. Into Lava.

2) Goliath Dungeon Crasher Stone Dragon Warblade. Knock Back, makes cruchy mincemeat of people who make contact with walls.

3) Telekinetic Githyanki Master of the Unseen Hand. I didn't want to introduce PC Ghosts to the group. Feel free to present other ways to have telekinesis.

4) Crusader5/SoldierofLight2/DivineCrusader1/RKV. I've always wanted to do a Divine Crusader.

Do you guys have other things you'd like to see? Or advice for these?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-06, 06:51 PM
For Number 2, you should take a look at Old Lob (in the Stonelord ICOC). He used something similar, and he created his own walls with the Stonelord's class abilities.

Snowbluff
2013-08-06, 07:58 PM
For Number 2, you should take a look at Old Lob (in the Stonelord ICOC). He used something similar, and he created his own walls with the Stonelord's class abilities.

Hm... Much too interesting. That's a might find pick, the Stone Lord. You're a cool guy, Kuul. :smallamused:

Here it is for future reference. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8441606&postcount=106)

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-06, 08:14 PM
Hm... Much too interesting. That's a might find pick, the Stone Lord. You're a cool guy, Kuul. :smallamused:

Here it is for future reference. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8441606&postcount=106)

Hey, I warned you - I always check out your threads (provided I see them, of course).

For the TK master, do any Ardent mantles provide TK? If not, maybe Expanded Knowledge. Ardents can afford to take a hit to their ML

Snowbluff
2013-08-06, 09:03 PM
I'll check, but I want to try a caster-free version. I am literally running 3 wizards right now.

CyberThread
2013-08-06, 09:06 PM
you should build a namesake.

I want so say ....Sneaky fairy bard, that uses stormsinger for the snow part.

Gadora
2013-08-06, 09:30 PM
I'd be curious to see a Swift Ambusher build, especially since the only handbook I can find for this was put together by someone who admits he hasn't actually played a scout/rogue and is running purely on general D&D knowledge.

Averis Vol
2013-08-06, 10:04 PM
You could try more of an olympiad for your swordsage. I'm currently running a Goliath Swordsage 5 who makes good use of the throw line of maneuvers. I always loved the image of kicking a giants legs out from under it and hammer tossing it into his allies, and it turns out its a lot of fun (Especially since they're probably within charging range again next round. aside from the tripping aspect he's also a monster of a grappler, easily able to drop huge creatures with his +19 to grapple at level 5.

It's also the only time i've ever used stone foot stance, And i'm liking it.

Snowbluff
2013-08-07, 12:04 AM
you should build a namesake.

I want so say ....Sneaky fairy bard, that uses stormsinger for the snow part.This avatar actually has a character sheet. :smalltongue:

I should do this sometime. Perhaps me and my Ubermount, Brothelbane, refurbished with a fresh coat of ice.

I'd be curious to see a Swift Ambusher build, especially since the only handbook I can find for this was put together by someone who admits he hasn't actually played a scout/rogue and is running purely on general D&D knowledge.Hm...I know a guy who does rogues, and I did win that Zinc Saucier for a rogue type build...

Future Note: Dipping for Swift Hunter to avoid immunities. Procure favored Enemy bonuses. ACFS?

You could try more of an olympiad for your swordsage. I'm currently running a Goliath Swordsage 5 who makes good use of the throw line of maneuvers. I always loved the image of kicking a giants legs out from under it and hammer tossing it into his allies, and it turns out its a lot of fun (Especially since they're probably within charging range again next round. aside from the tripping aspect he's also a monster of a grappler, easily able to drop huge creatures with his +19 to grapple at level 5.

It's also the only time i've ever used stone foot stance, And i'm liking it.I've also been contemplating using Jotenbrud, like the Old Lob build. Getting the size consideration is really handy, especially for qualification.

Half Giant should also be considered.

Waker
2013-08-07, 12:58 AM
So are you just looking for build advice for those particular ideas in your first post?

Snowbluff
2013-08-07, 10:05 AM
So are you just looking for build advice for those particular ideas in your first post?

Nope. Tip would be helpful, but I am also after other builds to build/work with.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-08-07, 10:59 AM
Warlock/Cleric Mystic Disciple Glaivelock with Willing Deformity and Deformity (Tall). I actually keep meaning to do one but never find the perfect time.

Snowbluff
2013-08-07, 11:42 AM
Warlock/Cleric Mystic Disciple Glaivelock with Willing Deformity and Deformity (Tall). I actually keep meaning to do one but never find the perfect time.

Seeing as this commonly requested, I should do this and it in a newly minted build section of the handbook.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-08-07, 11:50 AM
Given how awesome the Warlock handbook is, I would. The damage is obscene thanks to Divine Power, and Divine Favor as well makes your to hit massive. I have done the math and it is really hungry for human (without it DMM: Persist is not an option until 12...). I have failed to find a way to get that Eldritch Glaive to use anything but Str for to hit, so strongheart halfling is a lot more iffy sadly. I have versions of it ready; I just lack a place to place them. Note, with flaws you can get their level 1 range (with Enlarge Person up) from 10 to 30. Honestly, that is ultimately overkill, the 10-25 works fine. Just make sure you have a high Dex and combat reflexes, because with optimal positioning you will be spamming AoOs even without Enlarge person.