PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Random Treasure Generator!

Amphetryon
2013-08-06, 07:44 PM
Sometimes, using random chance to create treasure lots creates a funny situation. In this case, I got a bunch of potions from a Bard, of all things. Has anyone an idea for how to use a potion of Amplify?

Nettlekid
2013-08-06, 07:47 PM
Well, what are you? I mean, if you were also a Bard, then all those things that affect "everyone who can see and hear you" just got stronger. But I take it you aren't. So, give details.

Amphetryon
2013-08-06, 07:55 PM
Well, what are you? I mean, if you were also a Bard, then all those things that affect "everyone who can see and hear you" just got stronger. But I take it you aren't. So, give details.

I'm the DM. Party is DN, Domain Wizard, Kobold Cleric of Trickery, (Buomman) PsyWar. :smallconfused:

Agincourt
2013-08-06, 08:02 PM
Has anyone an idea for how to use a potion of Amplify?

I would use it to magically create 25 GPs at a willing vendor.

Edit: Make that 50 GPs, because a bard would need caster level 2 to cast Amplify.

Nettlekid
2013-08-06, 08:09 PM
Oh. Have you already given them the potions? If you don't like the treasure generation, why not generate something else?

Alternatively, leave it up to them to decide what to do.

Anyway, since you have a lot of casters, I could imagine something to do with command words might be interesting. Especially for the Kobold Cleric of Trickery, since Kobolds love traps, you might give him an Enveloping Pit which normally will trigger if you say the command word within 60 ft, but perhaps with Amplify you can let it work further than that. Or any kind of trap thing, like Stone Trap.

If any of them somehow get Blindsense via sonar like a bat, you could expand its range because their noises are louder so they can hear farther.

The Dread Necromancer could make use of it if he wants to feel like an army drill sergeant, barking orders at skeletons, though that's not SUPER useful.

The Buomman could annoy everyone with those humming songs at high volume, especially in tandem with any sonic-based powers he might know.

And of course, they can use the spell as intended, to call out to each other if they need to split up in a forest, or command the attention of a crowd.