PDA

View Full Version : Deformity feat selection

ZamielVanWeber
2013-08-06, 08:16 PM
So I am making a character that I decided I wanted to pile of as many deformity feats on as early as possible... partly for the entertainment value... mostly for the entertainment value. I am using a Human Mineral Warrior Dragonfire Adept. No I am not taking entangling breath, so please don't recommend it. I just want advice on what deformity feats I should go forward with. I currently have: Willing Deformity, Deformity (Obese) and Abominable Form (my DM did rule that the Deformity descriptor is retro-active).

CyberThread
2013-08-06, 10:40 PM
that is a really interesting...and crippling counter ideas you have going on .

HAve you thought about getting the deformity that allows you to have 10ft reach?

The Viscount
2013-08-06, 11:06 PM
Deformity (Tongue) isn't bad, assuming you aren't spending an invocation on voidsense, and Deformity (Parasite) is honestly pretty useful. Deformity (Madness) is great if you can afford the hit to wis, which you can as a DFA. Deformity (Tall) is good, bu you likely aren't going to be getting in melee combat anyway.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-08-07, 07:59 AM
My Wis is currently 10 or 11. My DM aould find it hilarious if I ran a low Wis character though. Tongue is cool. I would take it over void sense only because it its the DC of my Avominable Form. Honestly is the -4 really worth the immunity? That is a huge hit.

GreenSerpent
2013-08-07, 09:04 AM
My Wis is currently 10 or 11. My DM aould find it hilarious if I ran a low Wis character though. Tongue is cool. I would take it over void sense only because it its the DC of my Avominable Form. Honestly is the -4 really worth the immunity? That is a huge hit.

It's basically free permanent Mind Blank. That's pretty worth it if you aren't dependant on WIS (and in one or two cases even a WIS dependant character can make use of it - a buff-focused Favoured Soul who dumped WIS perhaps)