PDA

View Full Version : help to find a D&D group over skype?

DemonZoZo
2013-08-06, 08:41 PM
This is my first time looking for group to do over Skype, so im wondering how can i find one?:smallsmile:

Dimers
2013-08-06, 10:26 PM
I'd recommend the game recruitment page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51). Each thread on the page is someone's attempt to put together a group -- either a player asking for a DM and some other players, or occasionally a DM saying "Here's my campaign idea! Come join!" You can start a thread there to say that you want to play 4th-ed D&D over Skype, and see who else wants to sign up. Or you can look through the existing threads. I don't think there's anything currently recruiting for both 4e and Skype, but I could be wrong.

Other sites like Mythweavers might have similar pages, but this is the only forum I use, so I'm not totally sure.

DemonZoZo
2013-08-06, 10:29 PM
thanks im new to this

BLoody D
2016-02-04, 03:01 AM
I too wanna find a group for 4 e

ThePurple
2016-02-04, 03:59 AM
I too wanna find a group for 4 e

The site I use for playing D&D on the interwebs is roll20.net, which is a virtual tabletop that lets you do all kinds of stuff. It's free to use and has a reasonably good "looking for group" function that lets you search for open games based on game/edition. There tend to be at least a few 4e groups looking for players at any given time.

While it's nominally got integrated voice chat, I've yet to see anyone actually use it because it's generally agreed to be horrible, unreliable, etc. so pretty much everyone I know uses Skype chat for it.

edit: Holy necropost batman!

ocinweg
2016-11-21, 01:03 PM
It's free to use and has a reasonably good "looking for group" function that lets you search for open games based on game/edition. There tend to be at least a few 4e groups looking for players at any given time.

While it's nominally got integrated voice chat, I've yet to see anyone actually use it because it's generally agreed to be horrible, unreliable, etc. so pretty much everyone I know uses Skype chat for it.

edit: Holy necropost batman![/QUOTE]

Hey man if you are setting up a DnD group Id love to join especially over Skype I'm not familiar with the site you use though I hope that's not necessary. Messege me back if you want me to join /Want a character description.

Whitedragon
2019-03-01, 12:13 PM
I am trying to set up a group on Skype if you are still interested.
Skype link - david.white608.
If you know of anyone else who will be interested the more the merrier.

I am a first timer D.M and learning from my past mistakes as my last group fell apart due to too many experienced D.Ms.

David White skype Dungeon Master

MoutonRustique
2019-03-01, 06:19 PM
I am trying to set up a group on Skype if you are still interested.
Skype link - david.white608.
If you know of anyone else who will be interested the more the merrier.

I am a first timer D.M and learning from my past mistakes as my last group fell apart due to too many experienced D.Ms.

David White skype Dungeon Master
As a heads-up : it's a good idea to look at the date of a post (top left corner of said post) - they could still be looking for a game, but it's been 2+ years... so they might have moved on too. :wink:

In any case, best of luck in forging your new game! :smile: