PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Casting Prc with high skill points

Yogibear41
2013-08-07, 01:11 AM
Are their any Prestige classes that have a high amount of skill points, lax entry requirements, and don't lose you any levels of arcane casting progression(if only for a level or 2 dip) (sorcerer entry)

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-07, 02:31 AM
Unseen Seer gets 6+int skill points and a few nifty class abilities. Entry can be a little hard without Able Learner or a Skillmonkey dip though.

Urban Savant gets 6+int sp too. It needs a few knowledge ranks and a feat along with some fluff requirements and DM permission to allow entry with knowledge(history) instead of bardic knowledge.

Crake
2013-08-07, 02:47 AM
Ruathar has incredibly easy mechanical entry requirements, but a more taxing roleplay entry. It gets 4+int skillpoints and opens up some nice skills like spot, listen, search and diplomacy.

It's only 3 levels though

Yogibear41
2013-08-07, 02:51 AM
I guess if I take Unseen Seer and don't have sneak attack, etc. then I get no benefit out of the "damage bonus" ability.

Ruathar is nice aswell, although the RP requirements could prove difficult.

Randomguy
2013-08-07, 08:22 AM
Keeper of the Cerulean Sign also has 6+int skill points per level. It takes some skill points and two feats to enter, though, and doesn't offer much when you aren't fighting aberrations.

Urpriest
2013-08-07, 10:21 AM
I guess if I take Unseen Seer and don't have sneak attack, etc. then I get no benefit out of the "damage bonus" ability.

Yeah, though there are ways to pick them up later, like getting the Hunter's Eye spell.

O.j.s
2013-08-08, 09:58 PM
Paragnostc Apostle is a piece of cake to entry, CL full, 4 skill/ level and some nice abilities ( check errata).

Andion Isurand
2013-08-08, 10:02 PM
If you decide to adopt the pathfinder version of Bardic Knowledge / Lore ability... to make the feature more useful... you get a bonus on all knowledge checks equal to half your level in classes that grant the feature.

That's the equivalent of 5 more skill points per level.

avr
2013-08-08, 10:10 PM
If you're a halfling, this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20061121a) conversion of a 2nd ed bard kit gets you 6 + INT skill points.

Jack_Simth
2013-08-08, 10:20 PM
Ruathar has incredibly easy mechanical entry requirements, but a more taxing roleplay entry. It gets 4+int skillpoints and opens up some nice skills like spot, listen, search and diplomacy.

It's only 3 levels though
It does, however, feed into Unseen Seer pretty well...