PDA

View Full Version : what would you consider interesting drow wizard builds?

CyberThread
2013-08-07, 02:07 AM
Just fiddling around with things tonight, but what would you consider interesting as far as drow wizard possibilities go, versus the regular human wizard?

Crake
2013-08-07, 03:18 AM
I actually toyed around with the idea recently when my character died in the underdark, I figured it was a decent opportunity to try out a drow character with a realistic reason for him to be there.

I found it hard to justify the LA though, unless it was buyoff-able, but even then, unless you're in a VERY diverse group, it can be a bit of a stretch to be adventuring as a drow with non-drow.

Feytalist
2013-08-07, 04:18 AM
Well. What do drow have that makes them different from humans? A bunch of SLAs and some spell resistance. That's not amazing, honestly, for their LA.

That said, Arachnomancer is pretty interesting. Not powerful, perhaps, but certainly interesting.

O.j.s
2013-08-08, 09:54 PM
If you want play as a drow. I do recomend Lesser Drow (PGtF) it's an really interesting race - humanoid, you also can take Elves Racial Subtituition Levels whitout LA and you can take otherworldly that turns you an outsider native... And Polymorph series spells.