PDA

View Full Version : Longship - The Dark Viper [beached/at sea]

Admiral One
2006-12-14, 09:12 PM
Whether with pounding oars or a great sail, the Dark Viper cuts through the waves with a sleek hull made far to the North. With a dark hull and sail, it is nearly impossible to see at night, even in a full moon; its hull minimizes the splash of the waves, making it near silent. The ship is sturdy and blessed by the Northern gods, as it carries many of their worshippers into battle. Though not a pirate ship, the Dark Viper strikes with great force at anyone who attacks it and protects those who seek help. For a fee.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/Admiral_One/blackviper.jpg
The ship has a long deck with seats for the rowers, as well as a tent/cabin structure in the centre.

---CURRENTLY UNDERGOING REPAIRS---

Crew:
15 oarsmen
1 cleric
1 wizard
1 helmsman
1 bosun
1 first hand
1 cook
Erdan (owner)
Others
--> [Warriors:
pppl15 fighters
pppl5 archers
pppl1 cleric
pppl1 wizard]

Epix
2006-12-18, 05:28 PM
Jander prowls the deck, shouting orders to the vikings at the oars.
Row!! Row you lazy pigs, Row!!!!!!!!!
The vikings only answer with grunts, but nonetheless the ship picks up some more speed. Soon they are far out into sea, the land only a speck on the horizon. Jander laughs heartily.
Hah!! Way to go lads, mead all around.
Jander turns and yells into the cabin in the aft section of the ship.
Hey Bulzar!! get that mead of yours up here!! And by golly, it better be woth the money i spent on it!

Admiral One
2006-12-18, 06:10 PM
Erdan land on the deck, formerly positioned on the mast. He is in high spirits and is no longer wearing armour, but rather light clothes made of cotton.

Epix
2006-12-18, 07:19 PM
Jander laughs as a large wave crashes amidships.
Ah, me boy, ye're sure to catch a mighty cold wearing naught but that flimsy stuff.

Admiral One
2006-12-18, 09:55 PM
Erdan pulls out a flask and takes a drink from it.

"Alcohol, Elven blood and magic are all I need to keep me warm."

He nevertheless thickens his clothes by invoking their enchantment.

Epix
2006-12-19, 07:25 PM
Jander nods and smiles. He raises a mug of mead to Erdan.
Whatever ye like, little brother, whatever ye llike.

Glint Gemseeker
2006-12-20, 07:09 PM
Bulzar walks on deck, a decidedly green tinge on his cheeks
Ugh. Here is your mead. Now let me be sick in peace.
The Mead appears in front of Jander. Bulzar turns back to the cabin, and retching sounds fill the air.

Admiral One
2006-12-20, 08:45 PM
A shadow comes over Erdan's face and he frowns at Jander.

"Do not call me that."

He follows Bulzar into the cabin.

Epix
2006-12-20, 08:57 PM
Jander shrugs and turns to the vikings. He starts dolling out the mead.
Here ye go me boys. Slack yer thirst with this. We'll be heading for some isles off to the south. Its a long journey, but itll worth the trouble. There's a clan o' blue drakes in there, so we're goignt to ferret them out.
The barrell empty, Jander tosses it over the side. The ship soon gets underway again, the large sail rigged to ease the toil of the viking rowers. Jander scans the sky, looking for his bosun and confirmed dragon killer.
Damn it Epix, I thought ye said ye was goign to be quick.
Jander heads aft, where he stations himself next to the tiller. The sun is shining on the surface of the water.

Admiral One
2006-12-21, 04:43 PM
A speck in the sky suddenly turns into a falcon. It swoops over the ship and perches on top of the cabin, announcing its arrival with a screech.

Erdan hears the bird and walks onto the deck, calling it to his arm. He quickly unravels the letter attached to its leg.

"Men! It would seem that Jarl Lodbrok asks for our presence at a festival he is holding in honour of the gods. What do you say?!"

A huge cheer erupts from all the men.

"Mr. Jander, it would seem we have a new heading."

Epix
2006-12-21, 06:18 PM
Jander shrugs and pulls the tiller, swinging the ship hard to port.
That be fine with me, little brother. Them dragons will still be there when we get back.
Jander turns toward the rowers.
All right men, put yer backs into it. If we're to make the festival, ye'll have to row double time. now ROW!!!!!!
The man all start pulling there oars with gusto. The ship lurches ahead and is putting up a fine bow wave.

Glint Gemseeker
2006-12-26, 03:14 PM
Bulzar wobbles onto the deck. He heads over to the bows, where he calls over to the tiller where Jander is:
Jander, Ive been away from my store for awhile. I'll be back before you reach your destination.
Bulzar vanishes in a burst of light.

Amiria
2006-12-27, 12:15 PM
A magic portal opens on deck and beautiful female drow elf ((see spoiler)) steps through. She looks around and appoaches the next best sailor. "Aye. Well met. Can you tell me where Captain Erdan is ? I have a package for him."

Admiral One
2006-12-28, 05:20 PM
The ship sails into a fog bank as the drow appears. Erdan drops down from the top of the mast - his usual spot - and approaches the elf.

"That would be me. Am I right to assume that you are a friend?"

He is wearing loose black clothing with a fancy leather belt tied loosely around his waist. His customary cloak is still around his shoulders.

Amiria
2006-12-28, 05:39 PM
The drow turns to Erdan. "Yes, a friend of Amiria that is. But I'm don't have any sinister plans concerning you. Well, I have here, in my possession, a contract signed by you and Amiria. I also have the thing that Amiria enchanted for you. So now it is time to conclude this business."

*cough* *cough*

Sorry, I usually don't talk so ... lawful.

Admiral One
2006-12-28, 09:00 PM
"Ah, excellent, thank you. Well, this is our maiden voyage, so it looks like I'll have to pay for it out of my personal coffers."

He turns to a couple of warriors comparing weapons.

"You two there, bring me my sea chest."

He turns back to the drow and smiles.

"I know what you mean, took me a while to get used to not being an enemy of the state. What do you do in town?"

Amiria
2006-12-29, 03:51 AM
"Who, me ? Oh, I'm a musician ... and maybe a bit of a sage ... and sometimes I'm also an ambassador ... or just a lowly messenger. The drow smiles sweetly and produces the contract and someting like a small box wrapped in shiny maroon paper with a golden ribbon.

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-29, 06:35 AM
Two men dressed in grey robes approach carrying a large crate, trailing soil behind it. "We would like to hire you to carry this to the island of M'hor, 200 miles of the coast of this town. We shall pay you... very handsomley" announces one man.

Admiral One
2006-12-29, 01:04 PM
((sorry, die die my darling, we're at sea right now. ill start posting where the ship is at the top of my posts now. You can drop the crate off at Bulzar's at the moment, if you want, he can 'port it over to the ship))
[at sea]

"An interesting combination of professions."

The sailors bring the sea chest over and Erdan opens it, pulling out a large bag of gold and platinum coins.

"How much would be suitable?"

Amiria
2006-12-29, 04:32 PM
"Let's see, this amulet can now produce the effect of Improved Blink any time you like for roughly a minute at a time. Then you must activate it again. So, the express enchantment in the extradimensional lab was the expensive part. Amiria wants 150.000 gp. In coins, trade bars or gems. As you like it."

Epix
2006-12-29, 07:19 PM
Epix appears in a puff of smoke, hovering just above the mast. He flies down to the center of the ship where a long hall/cabin is situated, and calls out:
Oy, Jander, Im back.
Jander walks out from the cabin and spots his friend and bosun.
Hello Epix, How did your jaunt with Daemorous go?
Epix smiles and starts recounting the tale. The story takes a while, but it finally concludes:
And so he ran off. Twas a bummer, seeing as the gem would've either been aboon to us, or at least fetch a pretty penny in the markets.
Jander nods. He and Epix walk back into the cabin.

Admiral One
2006-12-29, 11:06 PM
Erdan purses his lips and strokes his goatee a bit.

"Hmm, she was right when she said it would be expensive. I have the money, I am simply wondering what would be the most effective way to pay for it. I don't think I have 300 pounds of platinum on me right now, and that would be a hassle to carry anyhow."

The ship suddenly lurches to a stop. Erdan looks up and realizes that they have arrived at their destination while in the fog.

"Well, that solves the problem. Do you think you could wait long enough for me to meet with this jarl and then skip on down to my safe?"

Amiria
2006-12-30, 04:50 AM
"Oh, uh, sure. A jarl, isn't that some kind giant chieftain or shaman ? Can I accompany you or if not, where can I wait for you. It is a bit clammy here on deck."

Admiral One
2006-12-30, 09:18 AM
[beached - in the north]

"Yes, I think a jarl is the approximate equivalent to an earl.

Oh absolutely! I'm sorry, where are my manners? I simply did not know if time was an issue. You may even join us for the banquet if you wish, I am sure the jarl will understand."

The sailors are all clambering about, preparing to get absolutely "shmashed".

Amiria
2006-12-30, 09:29 AM
The drow makes a curtsey. "Thank you. It is a pleasure and an honour for me to to attend this banquet."

Epix
2006-12-30, 01:21 PM
Epix and Jander exit the cabin. They turnt their heads, surveying the foggy landscape around them. They both nod at Erdan and the drow, Epix aiming a rather lewd smile to ward the drow. Jander notices this and gives Epix a sharp slap to the back of the head.
Epix, why don't you make yourself useful. Bulzar aint back yet, so why dont you go get huim and leave this fine lady alone.
Epix shrugs his wings and takes off. He disappears in a puff of smoke once he is away from the ship. Jander turns back to the two businesspeople.
My apologies for my friend. He's *cough* different.
Jander strides toward them and extends his hand.
By the by, im Jander, the captain of this here fine ship.

Amiria
2006-12-30, 02:49 PM
The drow blushes bemused. "Oh, so you are the captain ? I thought it was Erdan." She glances after Epix who is fluttering away and flashes a teasing smile at Jander. "Don't fret about it. Everything is fine. I am Mirage Do'Lassar."

Admiral One
2006-12-30, 04:00 PM
[beached - in the north]

"Hey Jander. Hmm? Ah, nope, I'm the owner. Wait, what's Epix doing back? Isn't Salner supposed to be with him?"

He passes his hand over his clothes and they morph into flamboyant red-black robes.

"Oh, right, sorry. Nice to meet you Mirage. This is Jander, the dragon-guy is Epix, Bulzar the gnome is our ship's wizard, and Salner is our first-hand. He should be here soon. I think."

He shakes his head in an attempt to regain his lordly manners, rather than his sailor persona.

Epix
2006-12-30, 06:55 PM
Jander smiles back at Mirage. He turns toward Erdan.
Uh, Epix got back while you were talking with Mirage. Ive sent him to go get Bulzar. As for Salner, i heard that he was getting a psycho-analasys back in the dragons den. I dont know when he'll be back.
Jander turns back toward Mirage.
Well, miss Mirage, since it is my duty as captain, I would like to offer you my cabin. It isnt much, but it is the only place that doesnt boast a dozen sweaty, salty vikings with an optional side of drunkenness.

Amiria
2006-12-31, 05:42 AM
"Mhm. A ship abound with sweaty, drunken vikings. I guess they can't be any worse than grey dwarf miners ... unless they are grey dwarf vikings ..." Mirage strums on her lyre. "Maybe some songs will cause them to behave decently ..."

"Thanks for the cabin, Captain Jander. So when does this banquet start ?"

Epix
2006-12-31, 06:26 PM
Jander thinks for a moment.
Well, now that I think of it, I would put them vikings at about the equivalent of gray dwarves, 'cept they take up more room.

Admiral One
2006-12-31, 10:41 PM
Erdan kicks open his sea chest and pulls out a hat with a very large red plume on it.

"The banquet will comence soon, we must wait for a procession to lead us to it though."

Amiria
2007-01-02, 03:22 PM
"Ok, then I'll change into something more appropriate for such a festive occasion.", says Mirage and disappears in Jander's cabin. A few seconds later she returns, not wearing her elven chain and adventurer's outfit anymore, but something else.

http://ashana.kepeslap.com/images/16039/mory.jpg
Why it took so little time :smallwink:
Earring of Disguise

"So, is this better for a banquet ? I'm glad that my cloak has this Endure Elements enchantment ..." :smallsmile:

... this reminds me of an acquaintance of mine. He has a really funny helmet. Enchanted with Proctection from Bad Weather, so it also never rains, hails or snows where he stands. It can also cast Dimension Door once per day and whenever he wants it he can hear music with it. But only gregorian choir music. Well, he is a Paladin so it is ok for him.

Admiral One
2007-01-02, 09:21 PM
Erdan places his hat on his head and finally regains his lordly manners. He pulls a box out and turns around and looks at Mirage, then blinks.

"Um, yes. Yes it is."

He recovers slightly thanks to over 30 years of dealing with noblemen's wives and hands her the box.

"Here, I have a few items of jewellry you may wear if you wish. You may also keep any of them for yourself afterwards."

((congrats to the artist who drew her, and thanks for tempting my young half-elf on his own ship :smalltongue:))

Amiria
2007-01-03, 01:39 PM
Mirage opens the box and looks at the pieces of jewellery. "Oooooh, thank you. But I think I'll better return them to you after the banquet. Otherwise I would have to answer question when I go home." She picks a golden tiara, a necklace and some bangles.

((Hmm, the site were the image is hosted seems to be down ...

Ssshhh, the image was a commissioned work for somebody else. Anna Rigby is a professional illustrator. Her drow images are among the best that I know on the web. You might want to check out her homepage. She also has some galleries at Elfwood (http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/elfwood.pike)))

Admiral One
2007-01-03, 02:24 PM
"Very well, it is your choice."

A line of vikings melts out of the fog and arrives at the ship. The captain and the leader of the group exchange pleasantries, then the ramp is lowered to allow Erdan, Jander and Mirage to disembark.

What can be taking Bulzar, Epix, and Salner so long?

((lol, ya, i actually looked up her work after posting))

Epix
2007-01-03, 06:08 PM
Jander descends the ramp, shaking his head at Erdan.
Come little brother, we have a bit of politiking to do. You can play with mistress Mirage when we're done. Focus on what we have to do. The jarl does NOT like to be kept waiting.
Jander turns to Mirage.
I wouldn't over dress, if I were you. The jarl is weird when it comes to entertaining guests. He doesnt like being overdressed by people.

Admiral One
2007-01-04, 01:48 PM
Erdan disembarks, offering Mirage his arm.

"Ignore him. He simple prefers wearing sailing clothes at all times rather than change appropriately."

Amiria
2007-01-04, 02:00 PM
Mirage takes the offered arm and walks over the ramp with Erdan. "Huh, I'm certainly not overly dressed ?! I don't think that it be more appropriate if I wear less."

Admiral One
2007-01-04, 02:41 PM
Erdan smiles and continues speaking with Mirage on their way to the palace/fort.

Epix
2007-01-04, 03:03 PM
Jander scowls at Erdan, then turns to the head of the viking procession. They start talking, then gesticulating, then finally shouting. In the end, they all walk up the ramp and disappear into the cabin.

Admiral One
2007-01-04, 04:00 PM
Several viking warriors walk onto the ship carrying crates and chests containing the payment for Amiria (gems, jewels and whatnot). They pile the loot on the deck. Just as they are about to leave, 3 other warriors run onto the ship. The speak quickly to the others and run off, leading all but 1 man back towards the palace hill. The remaining man runs into the cabin and speaks to Jander.

"Captain, come quickly, the palace is under attack! Armed rebels are trying to take the palace!"

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-04, 07:47 PM
Bulzar and Epix appear on the fo'c'sle of the ship. Bulzar calls out.
Oy, captain, we're here.

Admiral One
2007-01-04, 09:39 PM
Salner suddenly lands on the deck, wrapping a leather strip around his hand and hiding it beneath his armour.

"Hi, what did I miss?"

The viking stumbles out of the cabin and looks up at him with frightened eyes.

"The palace is being attacked! The enemy has summoned a demon! All is lost!"

He jumps off the ship and runs down the beach.

"That doesn't sound good."

Epix
2007-01-05, 12:40 PM
Jander immediately takes action.
Right, Epix and Bulzar, brake out the weapons chest. Crew, strap on your armour and get ready to fight. Half of you take bows, the rest of you take swordds and shields. If you have any gods to pray to, then now is the time.
Jandre turns to Erdan and Mirage.
I wouldnt want to go into battle like that. Erdan, i'd get some armour on; I don't want to have to drag back your sorry dead hide. Mirage, I would do the same, unless you plan to stun the rebels with your beauty. No doubt you know how to handle yourself in a fight.

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-05, 12:49 PM
Bulzar summon the weapons chest, which appears in front of the gnome. He waves his hand, and his spear appears in his hand. He calls top the vikings.
Boys, I have an anti-magic potion to cover your arrows. Make sure that you get a bottle from me.

Admiral One
2007-01-05, 02:15 PM
((just specifying where everyone is; Erdan + Mirage are at the palace/fort place; Salner is on the ship; the random doomsday viking guy is running away))

Epix
2007-01-06, 04:07 PM
Jander straps on a different cloak and fethes his falchion. He returns, smiling grimly.
Right, Bulzar i would like it if you could pt a couple of holes into the rebels, then you can go after the demon. Epix, He turns to Epix, I want you to attack the demon from afar them get in once Bulzar and I have engaged it. And Salner, He turns to Salner, Help out wherever you can. You're good at that.
He turns to the rest of the ship and sees that they are all ready.
Right everyone, lets MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The crew charges off after the doomsday viking and Erdan and Mirage.

Admiral One
2007-01-06, 04:30 PM
The falcon which had previously been serving Erdan arrives besides Jander. It has a small letter attached to its leg.

Erdan vs. demon, both vanished. Enemy still advancing, but slowed.
Jarl Lodbrok
----
Salner pulls out a medium-sized package and unwraps it. Inside there is a silenced gun with ammunition. He loads it and places it with the rest of his (less technologically advanced) weapons, then joins the others.

Epix
2007-01-06, 04:39 PM
Jander reads the message then howl to his crew.
Alright boys, new plan. Lets just take out the rebels.
They start running again.

Admiral One
2007-01-06, 04:44 PM
The battle can be heard from the beach. It intensifies as soon as the crew storms the castle, but then drops quickly afterwards. Soon, two berserk warriors come running down towards the ship, their faces displaying fear for the first time in their lives. They spot the ship and try to get on deck, but they are immediately hit by arrows. Two vikings come from the bushes.

Toldya they'd come here. You owe me 10 gp.

Fine, you win. Lets just check in with Jander to see what's going on.

Epix
2007-01-07, 03:02 PM
After much off-post battling, Jander and the crew return to the Dark Viper. They all have scratches, and in some cases bad wounds, but thankfully none of them have died. They seem unhappy, as a careful observer would notice, for they are one person short; Erdan, who disappeared with the demon.

Admiral One
2007-01-07, 04:26 PM
Salner walks onto the ship silently.

Xerillum
2007-01-08, 10:11 PM
A large, battlescarred galleon sils near the Dark Viper. It fires off a round of grapeshot.

Admiral One
2007-01-09, 04:12 PM
Salner takes some of the shot in the back, but his armour and shield hold. He recovers and casts control air (psionic), turning the Dark Viper towards the galleon and putting the wind behind them. He then casts energy cone at the deck of the ship.
---
One of the archers is hit severly and flies off the deck, but the rest only have some minor wounds. They all draw their bows and let fly at the attacker, the arrows magically igniting in mid air.

Xerillum
2007-01-10, 12:40 PM
the figurehead is blown to smithereens, and the ship turns, and fires a barrage of chains at the mast.

Admiral One
2007-01-10, 06:00 PM
The mast takes damage, but the sail is still working. Barely. The ship reverts to oars for the moment, at least until the fighters can board. Salner fires energy missiles at the men firing the cannons and a couple of powder kegs (5 targets). The archers take cover behind the sides of the deck and continue firing at the ship, trying to use the magical fire to hit some gunpowder. (the magic is restricted to the spontaneous combustion, not to the way it burns)

Epix
2007-01-10, 08:22 PM
Jander, who was hit in the first round of pleasantries, starts barking orders.
Bulzar, Epix, magic NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clerics, clean these men up the best you can!!!! Cut to half sail, we dont want to snap our mast under the tention. Everybody, you know what to do. Jander walks toward a cleric to heal a hole that is in his shoulder.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 04:46 PM
The ship sails to the outer limits of its range, and fires a barrage of hot coals.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 05:14 PM
((how about you stop godmodding and take some damage?))

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 05:24 PM
the magic burst from Epix and Bulzar disintegrates two sailors and the front sail.

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-11, 05:28 PM
Bulzar grins at his work. He then casts a magical shield to deal with the coals. he turns to Jander. Captain, what would you like me to do now? Ive got a prototype to test, if its alright with you.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 05:32 PM
((better, but Salner is still casting a lot of psionic attacks, not to mention archers setting stuff on fire))

Salner finally concentrates for a few minutes and fires a burst of psionic energy ahead. A waterspout forms and charges directly for the galleon.

The archers do not relent in their attack.

Epix
2007-01-11, 05:34 PM
Jander winces as the cleric heals him up nicely. Do what you want. Just get that ship away from us!!!!!! Epix, how about some chaos. Epix turns to the captain. Sure thing, capt'n. What would you like? Hell, Bedlam or High school.
Jander pulls out his falchion. I dont friggin care!! Whichever you like best. Epix flies off the longship and toward the galleon.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 05:34 PM
It topples the mainmast, and the ship closes in for a close-range, 60 gun barrage from it's cannon royals. Ballistae fire at Jander and the other ship, sailors set out wet skins, and take cover belowdecks.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 05:40 PM
Salner fires off another blast of wind at the galleon in an attempt to slow it ((fired bow to stern)). He then pulls out a silenced pistol and takes several shots at the cannons and any crew he can see.

Epix
2007-01-11, 05:41 PM
Jander ducks a ballistae bolt that would have taken off his head. Epix, who is now above the galleon, starts calling down lightning on the ship. Shocking isn't it? Bwahahahahahaha.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 05:46 PM
twenty crew members die, and the ship slows to a dead halt. a team of warforged drop the mainmast overboard, and are short to be zapped. Another sixty gun round of fortytwo pound cannonballs fires at close range.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 06:00 PM
Salner sees the ship pull up and runs at it, jumping onto the deck ((he can jump a good 30 ft)) He pulls out his spear and keeps firing his gun at anyone he sees, also rushing anyone nearby.

-----

The rest of the crew ducks at the oncoming cannonbals, but the hull takes quite a beating, the top part shattering and spraying splinters everywhere. Several of the archers take severe wounds, but the rest of the crew was mainly saved from the attack by the dip in the hull for them to sit in while rowing ((forget the name)). They nevertheless take quite a beating but try to hook the galleon with grapping hooks ((those still standing, so about 8 of the normal complement))

((be back in maybe about 30 min))

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 06:04 PM
The hull is hooked, and when Salner jumps on deck, he slips on a soaked skin, landing on his butt. Another round blasts from the ship, now red-hot. His spear sticks through a man's chest, and his bullets take out the last of the ballistae.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 06:06 PM
((edited post above: stated ill be back pretty soon))

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 06:09 PM
Two sailors jump on deck of the Dark Viper, Alchemist's Fire strapped to them.

Epix
2007-01-11, 06:16 PM
The arsonists are taken down quickly. Fire starts to spread all over the deck (what remains of it anyway).

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-11, 06:18 PM
Bulzar, who spots the fire, grabs several large bottles from impossibly deep pockets in his robe, pops the corks, then tosses clear liquid on any alchemists fire. The fires sputter out immediately.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 06:27 PM
A wizard on the ship casts a fireball at the ship, and another barrage of fortytwo pounders rings out.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 06:29 PM
the remaining crew of the longship scrambles up the hooks' lines and storm the ship.

Salner groans as and stands up slowly, drawing his sword. He joins his fellow crewmembers.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 06:31 PM
Kukra pups up from under the deck. he punches a combatant with incredible force with a vampiric gauntlet, as the other twenty-eight fighters shoot shotguns.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 06:45 PM
((Bulzar + Epix take care of the ship, i take care of boarding party - down to 7 + Salner))

The reinforced steel protect most of the vikings from the retalition, but they still take many cuts + scrapes from the shots.

Salner casts Energy ball, creating a 20 ft explosion in the middle of the crew's ranks, but far enough from his own crew. He takes 2 shots at Kukra with his gun, and continues holding his shield in front of himself.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-11, 07:24 PM
Far off, well out of gunshot range, a black 38-gun frigate with yellow trim sails up, conveniently directly astern of Xerillum's galleon. She is neat and trim, and handles fantastically well. Also, her guns are run out. A rich baritone bursts out across the decks of the tangled ships:

"Ahoy there, foreign galleon! I am the Dread Pirate King Jaspero. 'vast attacking that longship or suffer my wrath; you have ten seconds to comply."

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 07:26 PM
The wizard casts Dispel Magic, and Kukra catches the bullets in mid-air. Nice try. He launches himself into an attack with his gauntlet. The ship fires a flare rocket up, and a glint of silver sails appears in the horizon.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 07:28 PM
Erdan in on the prow of the frigate. He draws two of his rapiers.

"that's my bloody ship"

He casts several spells on himself to increase his skill in combat, including mage armour and speed.

----

Salner puts the gun away and resorts to swords for close combat. He ducks under the swing and twists around, slashing and Kukra's calves

2007-01-11, 07:34 PM
[Liza Jane]

The Pirate King shrugs. "So be it." He nods to his magister, who hauls off a massive blast of lighting into the galleon. The frigate springs to a sudden wind, and moves quickly to close.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 07:36 PM
Kukra jumps, the swords missing. He brings a heavy hand down. The bolt hits, blasting a mast. The aid ship sails within gun range.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 07:44 PM
Salner rolls and raises his shield to deflect the fist.

Erdan teleports onto the galleon and slashes at Kukra with both rapiers

((the longship is essentially sinking right now, btw, so the crew is all storming the galleon))

2007-01-11, 07:46 PM
Erdan gets a sudden message to duck! just as Liza fires a broadside into to the galleon before turning to face the second ship with her other guns. She unleashes a furious cannonade into this new boat at the same time that it's struck with three massive fireballs.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 07:55 PM
Erdan casts a wall of force to protect the fight between the 3 men.

The vikings continue storming the ship, most avoiding the Liza's attack.

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 08:04 PM
Kukra jumps overboard and into the sea over the wall. the ship explodes, into a million splinters. the other one burns into the sea. Moments later, a large explosion surges up.

2007-01-11, 08:07 PM
The Pirate King stands on his deck, scratching his chin. He eyes the trio of arcanists on the foc'sle.

"A little lighter on the fireballs next time, it would seem."

The Liza lowers her boats and begins sweeping the waters for survivors, particularly Erdan.

Admiral One
2007-01-11, 08:09 PM
Erdan and Bulzar teleport themselves and some of their crew onto the Liza Jane as the ship is destroyed ((theres only about 10 of them left in total, so its doable)). The Dark Viper's enchantment prevents it from sinking entirely, but it is in poor shape, and certainly not seaworthy.

"Damn, looks like we'll need to work on that."

((sorry about controlling Bulzar, u can yell at me tomorow Glint))

Erdan walks up behind El J.

"A job well done, Captain."

2007-01-11, 08:18 PM
The Pirate King frowns. "Bah...I'd rather have two prizes than none, but at least the rescue was successful, eh? Not bad for two broadsides and a handful of spells."

The Liza glides over to the longship's side to stabilize it and begin repairs; meanwhile her boats continue to scour the waters for survivors from either galleon.

--------------------

It ain't pretty, but at least she'll keep more water out than in now.

Once Chips and his mates have finished their emergency repairs on Dark Viper and the clerics have healed whoever they can, El Jaspero salutes Erdan and reutrns to his own thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17679).

Xerillum
2007-01-11, 10:33 PM
Kukra floats unconcious in the water.

2007-01-12, 08:40 AM
((Xerillum and Admiral: I sent you both a PM regarding Kukra, and any other survivors of Xerillum's crew I suppose.))

Xerillum
2007-01-12, 05:59 PM
no crew survived. 499 dead. one wounded. five tons of cargo sunk, other ships delivering more.

Admiral One
2007-01-12, 06:09 PM
Salner suddenly surfaces. He swims over to the Dark Viper and climbs aboard, landing on what remains of the deck.

Erdan is helping his officers inspect the mast to see if they can sail back, as they are now short on rowers and oars.

5 men are resting in the main cabin recovering

(generic crew total: 11))

----
The ship manages to limp towards the town.
----
((Epix + Bulzar...where are you?))
Land is sighted. The ship makes a last attempt for the beach.

Epix
2007-01-14, 04:29 PM
Jander, who has been lying unconcious since the explosion, wakes up. He is insane from concussion. Dragons!!!!!! get them all!!!!!!! fire all we have!!! Break loose the sail!! Watch out, he's coming around toward us!!!!!!!!!!!! Epix sits on the fo'c'sle, watching the approaching land. He looks lopsided, for one of his wings was blown off in the explosion.

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-14, 04:32 PM
Bulzar walks around the mast, every now and then, he stands behind the sail and conjures a burst of wind. He is careful not to overload the rigged jury-mast.

Admiral One
2007-01-19, 05:03 PM
Salner and several vikings return onto the ship and remove wreckage from the deck. They prepare everything for the repairs.

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-21, 09:01 PM
Bulzar turns to Erdan and reports on the progress of the ship. Er, sir, we have now installed the new mast and nicely fixed up the remaining damage on the ship. Iv'e even had time to add some of my own touches. What would you like us to do know?

Epix
2007-01-21, 09:06 PM
Epix, who has been moping around the ship the whole time, suddenly pipes up. Hey Bulzar, lets go get a drink from the wharehouse. I need something strong and considerably hazardous to my health. Whaddya think. Epix is still missing a wing. He looks like he might keel over anytime.

Glint Gemseeker
2007-01-21, 09:16 PM
Bulzar nods and smiles. Sure. I need to check up on Jander anyway. Turamarth might be a higher being, but i dont trust him to fix the captain. Lets go. They leave for the Town.

Admiral One
2007-01-27, 10:28 PM
The ship nears completion. As the deck is now finished and structurally sound, Salner and the vikings set to work rebuilding the cabin.

((back on wednesday. only 2 exams left!))

Epix
2007-05-03, 06:28 PM
A large construct appears on the horizon and moves toward the nearly finished ship.