Conjuration (Creation) [Water]
Level: Clr 1, Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

As the name implies, this creates alcohol. It creates 2 gallons / level of any kind of alcohol the caster would like, at a proof also specified by the caster. It will not make beverages unless the caster also has access to the other ingredients. (Grapes for wine, wheats for beers, potatoes for vodka, etc.) And of course, they could always drink 190 proof ethyl alcohol.

Also, Dwarves get this as a spell-like ability usable once per day, at least in certain campaign settings where it would be fitting.

Balesirion
2006-12-15, 12:07 AM
Sort of reminds me of the Djinni spell-like ability create wine. Interesting idea for all the drunk adventurers out there.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 12:13 AM
Yeah, but alcohol has other properties besides drinking. Like disinfectant. Or burning stuff! (At >= 100 proof.)

Grey Knight
2006-12-15, 01:09 AM
When in doubt, set something on fire.

The_Ferg
2006-12-15, 02:45 AM
Paladins? Not really in their venue, even if they were to use it for healing, heating. It leads to too much temptation and thus doesn't fit. I like the spell otherwise. We had a cleric of Olidammara once who did something very similar...

Leush
2006-12-15, 07:23 AM
I'd think that this should definately be on the Bard's spell list, and possibly on the other arcane classes'. Likewise, it should not be on the paladin or druid's list. Other than that, it is a good idea.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 08:28 AM
I was actually originally not going to put it on the Paladin's spell list, so since you guys seem to agree, I changed that. And I added it to the bard and sorcerer/wizard spell lists too.

Jarl
2006-12-17, 05:33 AM
I dunno... I don't think there's anything in the Paladin Code that forbids getting ****faced. And, as stated before, it's valuable for things like disinfecting wounds, cleaning swords and armor, lighting torches, etc...

-Druid, not so much. Druids seem more the type to make that sort of thing naturally.

Triaxx
2006-12-17, 08:20 AM
Lighting Foes... This would be great for any character that has the Drunken Master fighting style.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-17, 01:36 PM
Might not some Paladins have alcohol as part of their rituals? Like some religions today, not to get into religious discussion?

AKA_Bait
2006-12-18, 01:02 PM
Seems like it could be on a Paladin's spell list. There's no prohibition against a paladin drinking so long as they don't do anything when drunk that would cause them to need to atone. A Paladin of Moradin or Sharess seems like it would be fine to have this on its spell list.

Lazy_Harry
2006-12-18, 01:07 PM
I actualy had this on my spell list anyways.
Or in the last campaign.
We asumed a cleric of olidamara could create beer, just as easly as he could create water.
Besides, max ranks in profession(brewer) doesnt hurt either.