PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help creating an aberration hunting druid.

Galvin
2013-08-07, 01:11 PM
Hi GITP

As the title states, I am wanting to make a druid character that focuses on hunting aberrations.

The character is 15th level. I am looking for any material that helps make this character an aberration's bane.

The campaign is mind flayers, along with duergar and drow elves, have taken over the surface world and enslaved everyone. Thus, we start with no equipment.:smallfrown:

Note: I am trying to lose as few druid casting levels as possible.

Please give me a source listing when you give me some material.

Thanks in Advance!

-Galvin

Diovid
2013-08-07, 01:34 PM
The Abolisher prc from Lords of Madness is exactly what you want.

The Gatekeeper Mystagogue from Player's Guide to Eberron and the Keeper of the Cerulean Sign from Lords of Madness do something similar but are a bit weaker.

The Eberron books have multiple feats (and possibly spells?) for dealing with Aberrations, at least those related to the Gatekeepers.

If you don't care about Wild Shape (or are content with the Wild Shape you get from Abolisher) you can use the Druid's Swift and Deadly Hunter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid) variant to get Favored Enemy (Aberration).

You can also look at the Druid's Root Walker acf from Dungeonscape.

Darrin
2013-08-07, 01:45 PM
The character is 15th level. I am looking for any material that helps make this character an aberration's bane.

Simple Druid (SRD/Unearthed Arcana): Give up armor proficiency and wildshape for Monk's AC Bonus, Favored Enemy, and Track as a Ranger.

Abolisher PrC (Lords of Madness): 8/10 divine casting, Favored Enemy: Aberrations, easy entry. It also gives you back Wildshape if you traded it for something else. Actually, pretty much all the PrCs in Lords of Madness are anti-aberrationish.

Gatekeeper Initiate feat (Eberron Campaign Setting). +2 vs saves from aberrations, Knowledge: the Planes as a class skill, bonus spells.

Repel Aberration feat (Eberron Campaign Setting). Aberration version of "turn undead".

Gatekeeper spells (Eberron Campaign Setting): detect aberration, zone of natural purity, nature's wrath, and return to nature.

Gatekeeper Mystagogue PrC (Player's Guide to Eberron). 9/10 divine casting, essentially an "I want to kill aberrations" wish list.

Enemy Spirit Pouch (2100 GP, Magic Item Compendium). Increase Favored Enemy bonus by +2.

Githborn Talisman (1800 GP, Magic Item Compendium). 3/day, +2 insight bonus on attack/damage and Will saves vs. aberrations.

Galvin
2013-08-07, 02:28 PM
The Abolisher prc from Lords of Madness is exactly what you want.

You sir, are awesome. Thanks! I'll go Druid 6/Abolisher 9 with the swift and deadly hunter variant. Do you think it's worth it to go Druid 5/Gatekeeper 1/Abolisher 9? I would lose an additional caster level.