PDA

View Full Version : Another infinite money loop?

Irk
2013-08-07, 01:43 PM
Although it requires a significant investment, couldn't you use a splitting bow in conjunction with Raptor arrows, which come back to you after being shot instead of being destroyed, so that you would get an extra arrow every shot, which could be sold for 3003. The best part is you make money even in just normal combat.

Does this work? I checked both descriptions, and there is no reason it shouldn't. The only issue is the very high beginning cost, but after that, you've got infinite cash.

Xelbiuj
2013-08-07, 01:58 PM
Can you find someone with infinite money and an infinite need for arrows?

Rhynn
2013-08-07, 02:13 PM
Other than Xelbiuj's good point, the Dungeon Master ought to stop it in its tracks. "Sorry, only the original returns, the others are magical copies that cease to exist." Bug fix'd.

Irk
2013-08-07, 04:19 PM
Obviously it wouldn't be infinite, no infinite loops are infinite, as the character will eventually die, or, in this case, there will not be sufficient demand. However, it does provide sufficient revenue.

With regard to the magical copies, I don't think it actually says that anywhere in the splitting description.

Beelzebub1111
2013-08-07, 05:20 PM
With regard to the magical copies, I don't think it actually says that anywhere in the splitting description.
Oh it does. It's a subset under Rule Zero. Rules as written until exactly this kind of thing happens.

Barsoom
2013-08-07, 05:34 PM
Don't worry, in this case even going by RAW is fine.

Splitting Bow:

Any missile fired from a splitting weapon breaks into two identical missiles before striking the intended target

Raptor Arrows:

Each arrow returns to the bow once it is fired

Only the original arrow was fired, so both arrows will not return. Only one. In fact, if the DM is feeling particularly mean, he can state that neither of the two split arrows is the original that was fired, and neither returns :smalltongue:

Irk
2013-08-07, 05:38 PM
Oh it does. It's a subset under Rule Zero. Rules as written until exactly this kind of thing happens.

Only the original arrow was fired, so both arrows will not return. Only one. In fact, if the DM is feeling particularly mean, he can state that neither of the two split arrows is the original that was fired, and neither returns :smalltongue:

ohh, okay that clears it up. Thanks guys!

alchmst1259
2013-08-07, 11:21 PM

I mean, if he's feeling really mean, he could read that only half an arrow comes back. Since the one that was fired "splits in two" then I'd read that as getting back either half an arrow, or at least two separate halves.