PDA

View Full Version : [Prestige Class] Improvised Master (or Jackie Chan Incarnate)

Viscount Einstrauss
2006-12-15, 12:40 AM
Have you ever looked at your sword, spear or bow and thought "Man, I wish I could fight with a desk instead!"? Turn everything you put your hands on into a lethal weapon with the prestige class Improvised Master (also known as the Jackie Chan Incarnate)!

Prerequisites
BAB: +6
Feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (any 2), Improved Unarmed Strike

Class Features
Full BAB
HP: d10
Skillpoints: 2
Skills: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Ride, Swim
Levels:
1- Improvised Weapon Proficiency, Quick Grab
2- Intelligent Choice
3- Medium Weapon
4- Multi-Toss
5- Large Weapon
6- Magical Hands +1
7- Huge Weapon
8- Magical Hands +2
9- Gargantuan Weapon
10- Magical Hands +3
Improvised Weapon Proficiency: Any and all objects wielded by the Improvised Master not considered a simple, martial, or exotic weapon is considered a proficient weapon.
Quick Grab: An Improvised Master may grab any unattended object he can lift freely (or attended, reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 Improvised Master levels + Dexterity Modifier) and immediately wield it as a weapon. He may only attempt to grab an attended object once per round.
Intelligent Choice: An Improvised Master knows the best way to use an improvised weapon. He may add his intelligence modifier to any attack rolls made with an improvised weapon, in addition to any strength modifiers.
Medium Weapon: Any object approximately the size of a medium or smaller weapon wielded by an Improvised Master doesn't count against his encumberance so long as it's wielded.
At level 5, he may wield objects the size of a large weapon without penalty as well. At level 7, huge. At level 9, gargantuan.
Multi-Toss: An Improvised Master may continue to pick up and throw unattended objects until he runs out of BAB or nearby items to do so.
Magical Hands: All improvised weapons wielded by an Improvised Master gain a magic enhancement bonus (+1, +2, or +3). The object loses it's magic enhancement the moment it leaves the Improvised Master's hands, or immediately after being used in a throw attack.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 12:59 AM
A most excellent class! I love it.

The question though, is how much damage each improvised item does.

Myatar_Panwar
2006-12-15, 01:08 AM
Hmmmmm, The whole being able to pick up huge and Gargantuan things bothers me. And it doesnt count against his ecumberance? So he could basically kill a Ancient Red Dragon, pick up its body with ease, and then crush everything else in the room in one swing(in fact you would probally use the dragons crush ability) because its body is Gargantuan.

Viscount Einstrauss
2006-12-15, 01:09 AM
Basically, an improvised weapon deals damage equal to what it's roughly the size and shape of. So, an ordinary wagon would deal damage like it was a mace made for someone huge.

Size is up for interpretation much of the time here, since you have to figure what size of being would use such a large weapon. And the possible improvised weapons are limitless.

You have a point, Myatar. I'll nerf it.

Continuation: There we go. I made it so it's instead based on a weapon of it's size. So he couldn't wield a gargantuan dragon. But he COULD wield any object about the size of any weapon made for a gargantuan dragon.