PDA

View Full Version : The Cornerstone of Worlds [Plot]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

The Nine
2006-12-15, 12:57 AM
A rift in reality opens over the countryside, tearing at the fabric of space. Something sails out of it, moving at a leasurely pace. The ground rumbles as the gigantic thing passes overhead, heading towards town. It eveuntually reaches the town, casting an ominous shadow over the buildings. It passes the gate, and the guards drop what they're doing to watch. It passes the Arena, and the spectators look up in wonder. It reaches Trog's and hovers above the tavern. Lights spring into being, illuminating spires of dark stone and polished crystal. There are Nine towers and innumerable smaller buildings. Each of the towers is capped with a different gem.

The Cornerstone of Worlds:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/ArtemistheHunter/CornerstoneofWorlds2.png

The Nine
2006-12-16, 09:45 PM
A circular room can be found deep within the network of buildings on top of the Cornerstone. Within it the Nine have gathered. The room contains nine chairs surrounding a pit. A pit where many have stood in the past. This is the Chamber of Judgement, seat of the Nine. Eight seats are filled. An old man with a grey beard is the first to speak.
Where is Evocation? He should be here by now.
Evocation was detained. He will arrive shortly.
We discuss the situation now?
I would not have us start without all of us here.
Indeed. We must wait until all the seats are filled. That is the rule.
Just then a door off to one side of the room opens and Evocation strides in, his robe flashing as he walks.
I have returned from my excursion to the town.
And what did you find?
It is as we guessed. Destro has many friends in town.
It is as I predicted then.
Some of us will have to go down there then.
I do not approve of this venture. We have never acted personally before. Always have we sent others. This is too trivial a matter for us.
Trivial? Alchemy is dead, and his pet constructs with him. And you call it Trivial.
I move that three of us go down again, in order to find where he is now.
Agreed. I will go down again.
And I.
I will be the third.
It is settled then. Go and find Destro. But do not act! We do not want to turn our hand so soon.
The three stand and exit the chamber. The rest follow shortly after.

The Nine
2006-12-17, 02:44 AM
Abjuration, Evocation, and Omni appear in what looks like a lobby. The walls are dark stone and lined with torches that never go out.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 02:46 AM
Magtok and the android step out of the portal.
So where do we go from here?

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 02:46 AM
The Master appears with the three, his eyes glowing a vivid green, as normal now.
((I'm out. Night))

The Nine
2006-12-17, 02:56 AM
From here we can go anywhere. Abjuration points at the various doorways leading from the room. Each of those goes to a different location. If you want sleep I suggest that one. Omni indicates a doorway marked "quarters." This will be HQ. Evocation stands next to one marked "Chamber of Judgement." You need not concern yourselves with any of the others.

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 02:57 AM
((Alright, I'm tired as hell. The Marshals grab their equipment from Trog's, leaving poor Phil with groin trauma down at Inari's. G'night, everyone.))

The Nine
2006-12-17, 02:59 AM
((G'night Kenyon. I'm assuming everyone is going to the quarters then...))
Once everyone else has left, Omni, Abjuration and Evocation step into the Chamber of Judgement. They had a report to make.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 03:00 AM
I shall head to the quarters then. Goodbye, for now.
Magtok heads to the quarters. As he sleeps, the android guards his master's sleeping body.
((Bye)

The Nine
2006-12-18, 12:37 AM
Evocation enters the lobby. He looks around, wondering what everyone has been doing.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:38 AM
Magtok steps out of the quarters as well, glad to see someone else around and awake.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 12:42 AM
The Masters have been sitting in the lobby the entire time.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 12:46 AM
Greetings. A meeting has been called. You are asked to attend. Evocation walks through the door to the Chamber of Judgement. Through here.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 12:57 AM
Magtok follows, and motions for his android to do the same.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:03 AM
The Masters follow them, muttering to himselves.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:08 AM
Magtok wonders whats with that guy? ((Masters, he means.))

The Nine
2006-12-18, 01:09 AM
The room is circular, and overlooks a pit. Eight of the Nine are already in their seats. Evocation sits in his chair, a tall one made of multicoloured crystal. Welcome to the Cornerstone of Worlds. The speaker is a shrouded figure sitting in the center of the semicircle, glowing red eyes staring from under his hood.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:11 AM
If there is an available seat, Lord Magtok takes it.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:12 AM
The Masters confer with himself.
The Warp is strong here.
It darkens the Laws.
Taints and manipulates the energies.
It-
Time-
STOP. We are one. We are DIOS. Dios has long used magic... it follows laws. We must come to recognize how he has fully warped us, to have changed us so drastically. Now let us hear this out.
The Master appears to wait silently.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 01:12 AM
There isn't, yet. If we are to work together we may need to hold frequent gatherings. You will need chairs. A white robed man with black hair nods. How would you like them to appear?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:19 AM
The android asks for a simple steel chair with plugs to recharge his energy during meetings.
Magtok asks for a black chair with a red "M" as the shape of the part of a chair where one's back rests.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:21 AM
The Masters raise a hand and the floor appears to writhe and grow creating a throne-like chair for him, which he sits in.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 01:24 AM
Well, I would have created a seat for you too, but that works. The man waves his hand, and chairs to Magtok's and ESARS specifications appear in an unnoccupied space, next to the other chairs.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:29 AM
Lord Magtok and the android sit down in their respective seats.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:31 AM
The Masters incline their head.
We want you to be fully aware of our powers at all times.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 01:32 AM
Of course.
Excellent. Now, we shall discuss what exactly we can do to remove our problems from the universe.
And, perhaps, the planes as well.
As well as the discussion of the terms of our alliance.
Evocation stands. Will the newcomers state their names for the record?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:33 AM
I am Lord Magtok former emperor of New Stick City.
The android is Evil Secret Agent Robot Stick, version 2.0.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:37 AM
We are the five avatars of Dios, also known as the Masters. We are the masters of Sound, Light, Energy, Matter and Time.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 01:40 AM
Now, to business. We will state our aims first.
We seek the removal of the wizard known as Destro.
He has been under scrutiny for longer than even he expects, and some of the things he has done have drawn our attention.
Recently he aquired a way to prevent us from watching him. A way that took even me a considerable time to bypass.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:42 AM
We seek the restoration of our divine powers, which are currently in the possession of Vael Solus. While we are powerful, as the wielder of our divine power he has more control over us than is desirable. He is untrained in the use of divine powers, however, so he will be little more than a mortal is to us.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:43 AM
I personally hope to have the one known as Secret Agent Stick Omega die, with no possible means to restore him to life.
My predecessor must be terminated.
I will rebuild him if I must, in order to have the opportunity to annihilate him.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 01:51 AM
Then we are clear on our aims. I, personally, wish to be the one who sees to the destruction of Destro.
But, as we have seen, this Town is a place filled with a great deal of power. Power that may ally against us.
This is an undesirable outcome. As powerful as we are the chance of success still decreases with each person fighting against us.
We terminate each individually. Think automata goal easiest.
Exactly. We should get ESARS goal out of the way first, freeing up time to focus more on the higher matters.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:54 AM
I agree, but I'm afraid that to complete the android's goal, we must first locate the android's predecessor.
That might mean going outside and risking ourselves out in the open.
Also if the psycho android that came before him got himself slaughtered, we'll need to collect the pieces and rebuild.

((ESARS 1's pieces are currently in a portable hole owned by Iames. This might get messy.))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:55 AM
The Masters nod.
I would agree with that. I would also like to request that we go after Vael next, since we will substantially increase our available resources once we succeed in obtaining my power from him.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 01:58 AM
That would be most effective.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:00 AM
Divination rises. Locating the remains of the previous android should not prove to be a problem.
Neither should fix.
Agreed, Masters. Once the easiest goal is accomplished, so should we work on obtaining the resources to complete the next.
Now arises the question of how to obtain the android once it has been located. I cannot go, and neither can any of you. The possibility of being recognised by someone is too great.
And if we are recognised the possibility of retreaving the android becomes smaller.
So who should we send?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:02 AM
The Masters consider, then speak.
We can hide our song...
Change our light...
Still our energies...
Even deny our matter...
And should it be required, even remove ourselves from time itself.
Do you still believe that we are not the best option?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 02:05 AM
That sounds impressive, but we still know nothing of the android's location.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:13 AM
And that is where I come in. Locke, the focus?
Of course. Locke (Conjuration) waves his hand and a mirror appears.
Before I start what can you tell me of the android?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:14 AM
The Masters wait silently.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 02:15 AM
The scumbag looks very much like me. He is thinner, and carries the same kind of guns. He is mentally unstable, and prone to fits of rage.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:17 AM
Very well. Divination nods, and concentrates on the mirror.

((Two things could prevent him finding the android: Antimagic, which isn't there, and the power of Plot))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 02:25 AM
((The portable hole was last opened at this point in time. No antimagic, and I'm pretty sure Plot won't interfere.))

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29085&page=20

So where is that meatbag-loving son of a cyborg?!

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:27 AM
Is he retrievable?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:36 AM
He's in a portable hole. At the police station, if I'm not mistaken.
Then he is retrievable?
I believe so, yes.
Good. Then we are one step closer to our aims. Masters, will you be going to find the android?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:37 AM
We will. Is there anyone at the station at this moment that we should be aware of?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:40 AM
Only a couple desk job officers. They should provide no trouble.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 02:41 AM
((Uh, actually, Iames has the hole with him. Sorry))

Destro_Yersul
((That will make this interesting...))

Lord Magtok
((SAS Omega is there. Sleeping in his quarters.))

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:42 AM
((True, but he's still asleep))
Wait.. that's odd...

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:44 AM
The Masters roll their eyes and go over to Divination.
Show me.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 02:45 AM
What?
Did the psychotic bucket of bolts vanish or something?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:47 AM
Divination turns the floating mirror to show the Masters and Magtok. It would appear that the android is not at the station. It is in the posetion of one of the officers. The mirror shows a scene in the station where Iames is holding the portable hole with ESARS in it. The scene rewinds, then plays again.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:48 AM
Is it possible for you to show me the contents of that warped space?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:50 AM
Give me a moment... The display on the mirror shifts, zooming in on the portable hole and rotating. The contents are clearly visible.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:51 AM
Is this a current view, or something in the past?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 02:55 AM
Past. But I can make it current. Time in the mirror speeds up, the view of the mirror staying on the contents of the portable hole. This is current. Time in the mirror slows to normal. If something can be found, even for a second, I can track it. Divination looks proud of himself.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 02:55 AM
It doesn't matter, the officer must be tracked down and must surrender the scum-android!

How would we go about taking the portable hole? The officer in question appears to be divine.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:01 AM
The Masters smirk.
It will serve. No matter.
Rather, Matter and Energy.
His eyes glow green and red as he simply shifts the location of the missing parts to right beside him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-18, 03:03 AM
And so our efforts can now be continued. But first... Necromancy turns to Locke. Bring in the Evil refreshments!
Of course. An elemental appears beside Locke, and heads out of the room.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:04 AM
To Masters:
Remember, the android in question must be brought here. With as little attention brought to the Order as possible.
To Necromancy:
What kinds of refreshments?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:05 AM
The Masters look down at the pile of android parts next to him.
Are you saying I was not subtle?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:07 AM
((Wait...he did it? Without god-modding? Wow. Did he tear it out of its time or something?))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:08 AM
((Pretty much he Dimension Swapped it))

The Nine
2006-12-18, 03:11 AM
Evil ones. Like Diet Coke! The elemental comes back with a tray of glazed doughnuts and Diet Coke. Necromancy takes a Diet Coke off the tray. Ahh, diet coke. How evil you are... *pshht*

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:12 AM
The Masters raises an eyebrow. You get the feeling that they would raise both, but since one of them is metal, it makes this difficult.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:13 AM
Perhaps I could have a Diet Coke? I haven't seen these things since before the Coca-Cola company in my dimension went bankrupt. How'd you get them?
The android is less than patient.
So? When can the pitiful machine be rebuilt?
I must proclaim my superiority.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 03:17 AM
We have our ways... Necromancy drinks his Diet Coke.
Remake android soon. Not take long.
The rest of the Nine also take Diet Cokes. The elemental brings Magtok a Diet Coke as well. Then Omni realises that they all forgot to take glazed doughnuts as well, and floats a quantity of them off the tray and over to himself and the rest of the Nine. The elemental offers the Masters a Diet Coke.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:18 AM
The Masters pick up a Diet Coke with a shudder.
I could rewind its time stream now, should you desire.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:19 AM
Magtok takes his Diet Coke, and the liquid seems to dissappear into his face obscuring hood.
The same happens to a doughnut.
ESARS To Masters:
Is there any way we could choose the locaton of the battle? I'd like a large arena, like the kind the Roman meatbags had in my dimension.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:23 AM
Don't push your luck. My offer to entirely reshape time for your whim should be enough for you.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 03:23 AM
Necromancy points to the pit the seats are surrounding. This is not called the Chamber of Judgement for nothing. He finishes his Diet Coke and grabs another off the tray.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:27 AM
The android asks for his brother to be restored to full working order, and before getting a response, jumps all the way down to the pit. It experiences no damage.
Magtok suddenly pipes in:
The original android has a jetpack. I cut that from the second version so it'd have more room for armor, weapons and such.
Should be an interesting fight.
They're nearly equals.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:30 AM
The Masters sighs, and his eyes suddenly glow maroon. A green glow begins to surround him as well, then the two colors merge as he raises a hand towards the scrapped android.
With an odd howling sound the personal timestream of the android begins to rewind. Nothing happens for a short time, then it suddenly rebuilds, appears to rewind being struck and attacked many times, then stops rewinding once it is in working order.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:34 AM
Where am I? Who are all you filthy meatbags, and...
It spots Magtok.
My lord, what are you doing here? Where is here?

You are to fight the second of ESARS prototype designs. Down there. Go.

The android does as told, but filled with rage towards even its master.
It flies down into the arena with a jetpack.

V.2 is waiting with its handguns out and ready. Time to die again.

((Meanwhile...))
Magtok travels around the table with a money jar pulled out of nowhere.
Anyone want to place a bet?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 03:35 AM
This should be interesting. Necromancy watches intently.
I does. The strange amalgam of creatures that is Transmutation drops several coins into the jar. On second version to win. Locke nods. Very well. I shall bet against the second version. He too places several coins in the jar.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:35 AM
The Masters watch and wait.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 03:40 AM
((V.1 will be red.))
((V.2 will be dark red.))

The android's first move is to holster its guns. We both know you're bulletproof.
And we both know you'll be scrap by the end of this.

V.1 fires its pistols, but they bounce off harmlessly.
"You didn't really think Magtok would take off that from your design, did you?'

V.1 holsters its guns as well. The androids slowly circle each other. V.1 activates its jetpack, and flies toward V.2, but is met by a fist, and a jump kick to the face.

V.1 smashes into a wall, leaving cracks in the impact spot.

V.2 closes in on foot, junps at V.1, (still falling off the wall.) and unleashes a flurry of punches and kicks that dent and tear V.1's metal apart. One red eye is shattered, and V.1's chest is peeled back.

Already, V.1 has exposed circuitry. V.2 yanks on some wires as hard as it can. They snap, just as V.1 hits the ground.

No lesser design could possibly hope to challenge me.

ESARS V.2 is about to leave the arena when V.1's self-repair kicks in.

I'm not dead yet, you cheap imitation!

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:41 AM
The Masters continue waiting.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 04:02 AM
Despite that dramatic moment, V.2 still manages to dash forward, rip off V.1's face, and fill it with lead.

You're dead now.

He shreds whats left just in case, and leaps back to the seats.
Done.
((Was that good enough? Should I have added more detail and described it better?))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 04:03 AM
((Either way is fine))

The Nine
2006-12-18, 04:07 AM
((It was fine))
And that takes care of that. One order of business completed. Transmutation collects his winnings, and tries to grin. He isn't very successful at it though. He doesn't have the proper kind of jaw for that sort of thing. Well, that is taken care of. I move we adjourn the meeting. We can discuss other matters tommorrow.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
And that takes care of that. Our plans for this "Vael Solus" will be laid during the next meeting.
And then one voice that hasn't been heard the entire time speaks out. We should tread carefully. Not all is always as it seems. And with that Illusion rises and leaves the chamber.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 04:09 AM
The Masters nod and sit in their chair, thinking.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 04:14 AM
Magtok and the victorious android head to the quarters.

((Good night everyone! Long live the Order of Evil!))

I have a feeling we've forgotten someone somehow...

((We forgot the Kenyon's guys!))

CabbageTheif
2006-12-18, 06:55 AM
something looks up at the floating building. boosting its physical abilities with mental power, it leaps up.... and lands on the undersid. its powerful arms dig into the dirt, and it starts to climb. it felt the minds of something powerful... many somethings powerful. perhaps they could be of assistance.

it will, however, take time for it to climb up

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 06:43 PM
With nothing to do, ESARS monitors the MindHunter's climb.
He records its physical anatomy, and strength,
scans for its source of power, etc.

Kenyon
2006-12-18, 06:49 PM
Magtok and the victorious android head to the quarters.

((Good night everyone! Long live the Order of Evil!))

I have a feeling we've forgotten someone somehow...

((We forgot the Kenyon's guys!))

The Marshals relax in their quarters, enjoying a decent night's sleep for once.

"You get the feelin' that we forgot somethin'?"

A rip in the Fourth Wall appears, as Phil is unceremoniously dumped into the room.

"Naaaaaah..."

((I have come to the decision that the Marshals are totally the Solomon Grundy of the Order. "MARSHALS WANT PANTS, TOO!"))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 07:35 PM
While watching MindHunter, ESARS notices something in the distance, near a castle. He rushes off to inform Magtok.
10 min. later...
Magtok goes over to wherever the heck Necromancy is.
Necromancy, my android reports that an undead army is right...
He takes out a hologram of the dwarf castle area.
...Here. Thought it might interest you.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 07:40 PM
The Masters get up, finished with their contemplation.

Kenyon
2006-12-18, 07:42 PM
The Marshals continue to lounge in their quarters.

"Boss, shouldn't we go introduce ourselves?"

"Nah, I'm still catchin' up on my beauty sleep. Gimme another 4 hours 'r so..."

((Come on, 10 pm...daddy wants a weeklong vacation!))

The Nine
2006-12-18, 07:43 PM
Necromancy had been in his tower, drinking evil Diet Coke. But this news about undead interested him. Indeed? I shall have to look into this. Necromancy walks over to a large wrought iron fram on the wall. Show me. Swirling energies appear in the frame, showing skeletons in black fighting goblins. The picture is clouded, as though viewed through mist.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 07:47 PM
Being that you are Necromancy, I assumed that we might be able to take this army and use it as a tool to achieve our goals. Also , once we complete our respective objectives, what will be our next course of action? I prefer attempting to take over the Town.
He takes out ESARS's hologram.
This view may be less obscured...

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 07:48 PM
The Masters raise their hands and the air between their hands begins to shimmer and coalesce.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 07:53 PM
There are few enough skeletons, but they are different than others. I will find a way to control them, and our power will be increased. Necromancy turns from the frame and looks at Magtok. An admirable suggestion. Control of a Town filled with as much power as this one would be difficult to accomplish, but the gains would be greater than anyone could possibly imagine.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 07:56 PM
The Masters clap their hands together and then pull them apart in one swift motion. A thunderclap of sound follows this, and suddenly they hold a shimmering green sword in their hand.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 07:57 PM
I've always preferred mass political assassinations. Also, destroying government buildings would aid us. The people would be filled with fear, a fear that would make them weak.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:00 PM
First we would need to find out who controls the politics in this Town. Divination! Divination appears within the fram behind Necromancy, obscured by the mists. Yes?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:03 PM
The Masters put the sword into a rift in time and goes to find the others. He stops, then his eyes glow red as he determines the location of energy users in the tower. He notes the negative energy emanation from Necromancy's tower and heads there.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:07 PM
Find who the political leader of this town is. Inform me when you've finished. Divination nods and vanishes from the frame.

((Are the Masters here yet?))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:09 PM
((Not quite))

Kenyon
2006-12-18, 08:11 PM
((Bah! Plotline moving without me! Urge to post...rising!))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:14 PM
((Think about...looking at guns on wikipedia. For Kenyon.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-18, 08:14 PM
((Bah! Plotline moving without me! Urge to post...rising!))
((Yay for webcomics in general, and 8-bit theater in particular!:smallbiggrin:))

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:22 PM
Divination reappears in the frame. It was not difficult. The town has an emperor as the main political figure. His name is Indurain, and he lives in the floating palace we saw when we came in. Excellent. Dismissed. Divination vanishes once again.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:24 PM
The Masters come into Necromancy's tower.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:25 PM
Greetings Masters.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:28 PM
So should we add assassinating an emperor to our list of objectives?
I believe I personally could handle that.
I would ask for a grand meeting to greet this "other emperor" in an elaborate ceremony. At the last second, we send a mind-controlled minion as our "representative."
The rep unwittingly commits suicide, as we explode a bomb inside his chest to annihilate everyone. Also, there is no solid proof I commited any crimes in this town. I merely watched as we dealt with the wizard. By the time they figure out the proper criminal charge, Indurain will be dead.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:33 PM
The Masters smirk.
What makes you think that killing the emporer will help in any way?

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:40 PM
Because he is the head political figure. But I would rather be there to watch. Using others to kill things may be effective, but it's no fun at all.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:42 PM
Overconfidence led to my downfall. I do not wish for it to occur again. Efficiency must be a priority.
Fun can be reserved for interrogations, and torturing captives.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:44 PM
From what I have seen, slaying any member of this town will earn the ire of the rest. They pay little attention to this 'Indurain' if at all, for I have never heard his name. And I have been here before.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:45 PM
As we have found as well, Master. That is precisely the reason that this will be done after all our other goals are met, when we are at our strongest.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:48 PM
Perhaps we should pretend to be beings of justice and light. We kill a few dark-aligned beings that have the potential of standing in our way, then when we are trusted the most, figuratively stab them in their backs.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:49 PM
Enough of this. What of Vael?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 08:52 PM
What are Vael's strengths and weaknesses? The best weapon against an enemy is knowing how they function.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 08:55 PM
We will see to Vael soon enough. I have discussed it with the Nine, and they agree that one as potentially dangerous as him should be removed.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 08:58 PM
Vael is a psion, now endowed with a number of divine powers. He is near impossible to attack with even enchanted weapons. Magic and psionics are also very hard to affect him with, though they have more success that weapons.

The Nine
2006-12-18, 09:02 PM
I'm sure that with our combined might we will be able to bring him down. But I have things to take care of right now. A particularily powerful wizard has risen in the school, and I need to make sure he is dealt with properly.

((In other words, I've got to go. Later))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-18, 09:05 PM
I shall return to my quarters, and reflect upon this discussion.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 09:07 PM
The Masters looks a little impatient, and vanish.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-18, 09:32 PM
MindHunter pulls himself over the edge. standing on the floating isle, he looks up and observes the towers. not wanting to be rude, he waits for someone to come great him

for those monitoring him, his race is unrecognizeable. its odd, as if he was geneticly experimented on to the point of loosing all orriginal DNA. its power is in its mind, a sharpened weapon both inside of his head and out. psychic, all levels in soulknife. he clearly has high strength, dex, and int, but his con could use a few more points. he often stopped to rest, but when he wasnt resting he was performing incredible reflex saves and strength checks.

he breaths heavy while waiting, but slows and controls it. his multiple ioun stones float around his head in lazy orbit.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 09:36 PM
The Masters reappear in the tower.
There is a disturbance.
Where?
The entrance.
It is some creature.
Let us go there.
The Master simply melts through the door and comes outside.
What is your purpose here?
((brb))

CabbageTheif
2006-12-18, 09:55 PM
the creature weezes as it talks. as it catches its breath, it weezes less.

we are here ::weeze:: to find allies. ::weeze:: i felt strong minds. you are fractured, but strong. how?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:05 PM
We are the masters. The five avatars of the god Dios. If you seek allies, I believe you came to the right place.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-18, 10:12 PM
we seek the destruction of the one kender called Cabbage. we dont care who kills it as long as the brain stays safe.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:15 PM
The Master raises an eyebrow.
I can guarantee that no matter who here is slays this, I can either save or entirely remake the brain in the timestream.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-18, 10:20 PM
then i will ally myself to you, and aide you in your takss as well. i warn you, the kender is a slippy adversary

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:22 PM
I forsee that the others will allow you to join us. Enter.
He waves open the doors and goes inside.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 12:23 AM
Just as the two leave, Secret Agent Stick Omega flies up next to the Cornerstone of Worlds.
Odd looking place. Best to get reinforcements before I try anything.
He leaves quickly, dropping down to ground level.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-19, 10:34 AM
mindhunter pauses, and looks around

was someone... no matter. i shall see what these people have in store, and the kenders mind will be mine.

Renrik
2006-12-19, 02:05 PM
Some goblins stand below the Cornerstone, scratching their heads.

Kenyon
2006-12-19, 03:01 PM
The Marshals finally decide to get up, and mill around the massive building, learning what they can about their new headquarters.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 07:26 PM
Magtok finds the Marshalls, and fills them in on the details of what has happened recently, but leaving out the town-takeover discussion, the zombie army, and the other more evil actions he felt neutral characters shouldn't know about.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-20, 12:53 AM
mindhunter finds a room where he locks himself up to meditate.

Ireth
2006-12-20, 09:21 AM
a drider stands below the floating monstrosity and shouts

oi! i 'eard ye got yerself a fine crew o' nasties up thar. gotcherselves room fer one moor? i want 'uman flesh!

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 03:13 PM
The android is the first to meet the drider.
You actively seek out the filthy meatbags' flesh? Disgusting. My master has made it clear that any who wish to join us must meet with him and the Nine. Unless you have a way to fly, I shall escort you to the Cornerstone.

ESARS flies the guy up, unless he has any objections.

Ireth
2006-12-20, 03:17 PM
the drider rides on the andriod

'ey, dont knock it till you try it. course, you dont look like th' type to eat much anyways.

i was wondering if there is any sort of test that i will be required to go through?

Rumda
2006-12-20, 03:28 PM
Lana watches the drider and the android flying up to the Cornerstone
hmm...interesting
she enters the tavern deep in thought

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 03:32 PM
I know nothing of a test. I am simply the assassin and bodyguard of a member of the Order.
Also, try not to attract attention to the group next time.
I believe we have a witness now.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:22 PM
Other Hawk hovers over the cornerstones before flying down to land lightly on the floating platform. Stupid elusive... sits there muttering, waiting.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 09:23 PM
Magtok goes to the outside of the cornerstone.
Who are you, and why are you tresspassing on these lands?

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:28 PM
Stands My name is not your buisness and I'm here because I want to be.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 09:31 PM
Your name is my business, as is your purpose for coming here.

(While this occurs, a secret silent alarm is going out to all the members of the Order. ESARS sneaked the devices on everyone in their sleep. The ones that don't sleep got it on them when their backs were turned.)

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 09:35 PM
The Marshals are busy getting drunk and stupid when silent alarms go off on all four of them.

"What the hell is this thing?"

"I dunno, never seen it before."

"Shut it off!"

Rex pokes the alarm repeatedly. "Wish I could tell what the heck it's tryin' to tell us to do..."

The Nine
2006-12-20, 09:36 PM
Evocation and Abjuration walk out onto the platform. I was wondering what these were for. I see we have a visitor. Is there any particular reason you are here?

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:39 PM
Shakes his head. Very well, due to the increase of electronic activity in the building I'll assume you hit an alarm. My name is Yotaka. I'm here to seek help.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 09:40 PM
What sort of help? We tend not to offer something to those able to give us nothing in return. However, perhaps you do have something to offer us.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:42 PM
The Masters appear on the platform, watching.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:43 PM
I'll give you my services for as long as you desire them. In excange I'm trying to find and kill someone. Looks like me, only wears blue and is holding a scimitar.

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 09:44 PM
The Marshals walk out.

"Hey, can someone tell us how the hell to turn off these...whoa, what's goin' on out here?:

The Nine
2006-12-20, 09:46 PM
How intruiging. So are we. Abjuration smiles evilly. Evocation looks over at the Marshals. There you are. We were wondering where you were.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 09:47 PM
To Other Hawk:
Where has this being been?
Magtok keeps his statements short, carefully avoiding giving away any bit of
information that could eventually be used against the Order.
To others: I was going to inform you all of the alarm system, but there was no upcoming meeting that I knew of.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:48 PM
Very well then. I'll help you, join your... whatever you have going here, and you help me kill Hawk. At Lord Magtok I don't know, he's resisting my efforts to find him

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:50 PM
The Masters wait in silence.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 09:52 PM
Necromancy appears behind Abjuration and Evocation in a swirl of dark energy. This is the Cornerstone of Worlds, and the Nine agree to your terms.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:53 PM
Nods and smiles Great, when do I start?

The Nine
2006-12-20, 09:56 PM
Right now, if you so wish. The others will inform you. Necromancy steps backward and is obscured by a wall of smoke. When the smoke clears, he is gone.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:57 PM
So who do you need me to kill?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 09:58 PM
Lord Magtok seems to walk away, however, no legs are visible under his cloak. He could be hovering for all anyone knows.
That will be discussed later.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 09:59 PM
So I just sit here? Or is there a place I can go.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:01 PM
There are quarters on this floating piece of land.
You may come and go as you please, but if you get in any trouble with authorities, we may choose to feign ignorance of you ever coming here.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:04 PM
The authorites do not concern us, but it is better we let none know what we are up to.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:04 PM
Nods Very well, I'll try to stay out of trouble.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:05 PM
While we are all here, perhaps it would be best to discuss our next plan of action?

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 10:06 PM
Rex nods. "Sounds like a plan. Kenyon hasn't popped up in days, and the rest of the boys're gettin' a little restless..."

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:08 PM
So what exactly are we doing?

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:11 PM
I believe the current plan was to remove Vael from our way. Once this is accomplished there will be none to stop us.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:11 PM
Magtok's hood curves upwards. It is clear he is watching the clouds for spies.
I think we should move farther from here, where flying beings might not see us.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:13 PM
The Masters walk to the door and opens them.
We will continue inside, then.
He teleports to his chair.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:13 PM
One man holding us back. How powerful can he be? he asks as he follows

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:17 PM
There are more...but I prefer that they believe he is the largest threat.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:18 PM
Indeed. Abjuration walks into the chamber of judgement, closely followed by Evocation. The rest of the Nine are already there. I called a meeting when I heard of the new arrival.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:19 PM
Nods and commits the name to memory. Anyone else who needs to be... removed from the game?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:20 PM
Lord Magtok takes his seat, and so does ESARS.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:20 PM
There are a few others, but Vael is the one we are attempting to focus on at the moment.

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 10:21 PM
The Marshals hop into their respective seats.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:23 PM
I can find him, all I need is something of his and he won't be able to escape

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:24 PM
((Hawk, is that an MTG reference?))

Once Vael is gone the others will fall as well. Destro hides from us. He will be easy to remove.
Though where he hides is an unknown. I have been unable to locate him.
His house has gone as well.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:25 PM
If you refer to magic or psionics, no, you cannot find him that way.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:26 PM
While the others hide, the one known as Secret Agent Stick Omega has made no move to disguise himself.
In fact, his unique bio-energy signal came to the outskirts of the Cornerstone earlier.
Either he is extremely courageous, unintelligent, or he knows something we don't.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:28 PM
((MTG? No))

I can sense auras. Life, magic, psionic, anything. I can find them, I just need a reading.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:29 PM
You will not be able to find him that way. He only had one way which he could be found, and he solved that very quickly.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:31 PM
Very well. So how do we find him.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:34 PM
I highly doubt there is anyone who knows something we don't.
It just doesn't happen.
There is a first for everything. Is this not the first time we have attended to a threat personally?
Find Vael? Perhaps we will have to search manually.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:35 PM
In all likelihood we will. I can, however, trace his location should he ever use the powers he stole from Dios.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:41 PM
May I bring it to everyone's attention now,
that the one called Vael may be with Destro as we speak,
plotting against us?

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 10:41 PM
"Manual searchin'? Finally, something we can get involved with!" Rex stands up, and faces the others. "We've only been here for a bit, but we've got a few NPC links with the town. We'd been usin' 'em to track down Kenyon, but I'm sure we can have them look for this Vael fella..."

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:44 PM
It is quite possible.
He looks at Rex.
I would be most appreciative.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:44 PM
I personally have nothing to fear, and can roam freely, as there appears to be no criminal charges lodged against me.
I also have powers I prefer not to speak of.
I can aid in this search party.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:46 PM
How is it that you know this Magtok?
And why were we not informed earlier?
Very well Marshals. It shall be your task to track Vael.
Walk unseen. Do as the enemy, and the enemy will come to you.

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 10:46 PM
Rex nods. "Technically, we're clean with the police here, too. Though they probably want us for questionin' after Kenyon freaked and ran off. We can let our boys down in Town know who t'look for tonight, and if they as much as whiff a smell of the guy, we'll know about it."

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 10:47 PM
Unfortunaly I'm wanted. But I can go disguised as Hawk to avoid attention.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:49 PM
Is there anything you will need to know of Vael?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 10:50 PM
To Nine:
My android can scan the interiors of buildings from great distances.
I was waiting to share this information at the next meeting.
To Masters:
I believe Vael's physical appearance may be of importance.

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 10:55 PM
"Kinda hard to identify the guy if we don't know what he looks like."

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:57 PM
Appearance?
The Masters stand and raise a hand, and in the center of the circle an exact likeness of Vael appears.
It is not illusion.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 10:59 PM
((Gah, simu-d! *rewrites post*))
That is him. He was in the tavern when we first went down.
What is curious is that that is not an illusion.
We have seen the power of the Masters before. Why should it surprise you than he makes an actual likeness, rather than just an image?

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 11:04 PM
Rex jabs Vinnie, who proceeds to start sketching Vael's likeness.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 11:07 PM
ESARS records the likeness into his internal files.
Magtok:
This is simply a scouting mission, correct? Nothing more?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:07 PM
I do not have power over the mind. I do, however, have power over matter. That is what I used.
He nods to Magtok.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 11:15 PM
Smiles Powers over the mind. My specialty.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:15 PM
Mind. Matter. Is there that much of a difference? Illusion turns his faceless head towards the Master.
In any battle scouting comes first. We have been scouting for some time already.
A thin smile spreads across Abjurations face. Our scouts have a tendency to die on us.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 11:17 PM
I have a tendency to live when others believe I have died.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 11:18 PM
I have a tendency to not die at all.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:18 PM
There is a great deal of difference.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:21 PM
Care to explain?
Necromancy turns to watch Magtok and Hawk. I have a tendency to be neither.
We should move against Vael soon. The longer we wait the stronger he has the potential to be.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:25 PM
If I were to manipulate someone's mind, it would decieve them into believing something that was not there was real. I make something that is real, whether you believe it or not.

Lord Magtok
((I didn't say what I meant, and have edited.))

TheHawk
So once we find Vael, what are we going to do? Maybe by determining each other's skills we can compose a strategy.

Kenyon
2006-12-20, 11:26 PM
The Marshals glare at the rest of the Order.

"We don't plan on dyin' anytime soon, ain't that right, Rex?"

Rex nods. "This's why we're gettin' NPCs to look for 'im, not us directly. The people 'round here don't seem to mind 'em as much as they mind people like us nosin' around."

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:30 PM
The explanation seems to satisfy illusion, though he is a bit dissapointed at losing a chance to be cryptic.
Our skills should be obvious.
We have many, but all specific.
I did not mean you would die, Marshals. I meant that the past three scouts we sent here have been killed, despite their abilities.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:32 PM
Most of you scouts, you might be interested to know, met Vael, and he helped defeat them. We know. We are his avatars, after all.
The Masters seem angered at the thought.

TheHawk
2006-12-20, 11:33 PM
Mine focus on the minds and blood of enemys. I can domenate minds easily and bend them to my will. I can summon elderich powers and can manipulate the blood.

((warlock/blood magus/mind bender, if that means anything

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:34 PM
((Crappit, I can't remember. Did Mr. Generic assassin guy meet Vael? I don't think he was there at the time...))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:34 PM
((He met the twins and alchemy. That makes three))

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:36 PM
((I counted the twins as one. They technically were))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:36 PM
((Ah. I don't remember Mr. Generic, so I don't think Vael met him))

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:40 PM
((Ok))
In that case we will take great pleasure in removing Vael. We do not take the destruction of assets lightly.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:41 PM
He is not to be underestimated. Understand that.

The Nine
2006-12-20, 11:47 PM
Underestimation is not something we do regularily.
There is, in fact, only one person to date whom we have underestimated, and it will not happen again.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:04 AM
We will allow you to go about your tasks. We have other matters to attend to...
The Masters vanish.

TheHawk
2006-12-21, 12:06 AM
Something's coming.

The Nine
2006-12-21, 12:07 AM
What is it? We will have to be ready.

Kenyon
2006-12-21, 12:08 AM
Rex waves it off, as he signals for the other Marshals to leave.

"I'm sure you boys can take care of it. We're gonna see if we can find Vael."

With that, the Marshals leave the room.

TheHawk
2006-12-21, 12:08 AM
Not sure. Shapeshifter.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 12:19 AM
Bel'Gaer flies up to the monolith, looking around curiously. At the entrance, he cries, Hello? It echoes around the towers, and is lost into the air.

TheHawk
2006-12-21, 12:22 AM
Hawk lands next to him. Quiet. They'll hear you

The Nine
2006-12-21, 12:23 AM
Evocation, send the order to man the turrets. Conjuration, stand by to provide backup. Abjuration and Illusion, you go see who it is. Abjuration and Illusion nod, then leave the room. Conjuration leaves as well, though through a different door. Evocation speaks into a mirror, and his voice sounds throughout the corridors. Man the turrets! I repeat, man the turrets!

[hr]
Abjuration and Illusion stride out from the main entrance to meet Bel'Gaer and Hawk. Greetings. What brings you here?

((Both are in the sig. Illusion is the one with no face, and Abjuration is the one with transparent armour and shield))

TheHawk
2006-12-21, 12:26 AM
Yotaka grins and looks out a window Fun, Hawks here, and he brought a friend

Hawk looks around nervously

The Nine
2006-12-21, 12:37 AM
Men in robes scurry along the corridors, climbing ladders to individual rooms with large displays and a single chair in them. Each of them sits in the chair and puts on a headset. Turrets on the towers outside swivel to get a good veiw of Hawk and Bel'Gaer. Necromancy walks over to stand beside Yotaka. So that is the one you want dead? What do you know, Illusion was right. He laughs and continues watching. Send the order to the gunners. Evocation nods and speaks into the mirror. Stand by to fire.

[hr]
Well? Abjuration continues to stand there, not smiling.

TheHawk
2006-12-21, 12:44 AM
Yotaka nods Indeed

Hawk sences the increase in activity and the fact that his back up probably isn't going to be much use and teleports away.

Yotaka swears and teleports after him. He returns muttering. I need to rest where are the rooms.

((Just lead him to them))

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 12:47 AM
Bel'Gaer looks up at the turrets. He sees the flurry of activity in them. He smiles, and his eyes flash. This'll be fun!

The Nine
2006-12-21, 12:48 AM
FIRE! Necromancy watches. You've seen our defences Hawk. You of all now know what you face. And apparently you don't like it. He throws back his head and laughs. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Omni stands, and directs Yotaka to the quarters. Abjuration and Illusion walk back into the chamber.

[hr]
Fire lances from the turrets as Abjuration and Illusion vanish. It explodes upon impact, though it doesn't damage the Cornerstone.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 12:59 AM
Bel'Gaer watches as the fire lances out of the turrets. He shifts his skin, creating red scales. The fire explodes around him, giving him a burst of warmth and a thrill. He looks at the turrets, and yells, Is that the best you've got? I haven't even sweated yet!

The Nine
2006-12-21, 01:07 AM
He's unnafected! Switch ammo. Evocation exts the chamber of judgement and heads to the command room. Now send him straight to hell. The turrets click, and fire again. This time it is not fire. This time it is pure force.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 01:11 AM
Bel'Gaer frowns as the lines of force come at him. He thinks for a moment, and then suddenly grins. He quickly shifts shape into a large, pearly dragon. He opens his jaws, and with a roar, punches out with a line of force, deflecting the shots.

The Nine
2006-12-21, 01:15 AM
Ok, fine. He wants to play like that? Load metal ammunition, direct link to Conjuration's tower. Conjuration, you hear me? Give me a steady stream of steel, iron, adamantine, whatever you've got. Abjuration, flood the main entrance with antimagic. The Nine spring to their tasks efficiently, executing them as fast as possible. Magic a magic negating field fills the area where Bel'Gaer is standing and the turrets begin firing metal slugs instead of energy.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 01:22 AM
Bel'Gaer grins as he feels the antimagic field spring around him. He yells, Oh, you wanna play rough? He then flies into the air, whirling aroud the bullets. After dodging a few thousand slugs, one clips a wing, and with a grimace, his eyes flash again. He begins to twirl through the air like a top, holding his staff horizontally. It begins to glow, and creates a whirlwind around him. He catches the bullets in the wind, and launches them back towards the turrets, their force increased by the speed of the wind.

The Nine
2006-12-21, 01:29 AM
The turrets cease firing for a second, and the bullets simply ping off a shimmering energy field that popped up to block them. Continue firing. Conjuration, let me know when you're burned out. Abjuration, extend the antimagic field to envelop the entirety of the outside of the fortress. Leave a bubble open around each turret. Omni, roll back the curtain and bring out the big guns. Necromancy walks into the room behind Evocation. I'm assuming command. You'll do better out in front. Of course. Evocation stands and passes control to Necromancy. Then he leaves the room. The turrets resume firing, and the antimagic expands around the whole fortress. Let's see what you can do with no magic...

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 01:34 AM
Bel'Gaer glares. He thinks to himself, I haven't tested myself against a good ol' antimagic field in a long time. Now, if you look at it, antimagic is magic turned against magic. So, if I turn it against itself, it will consume itself in moments. He quickly turns his thought toward the magic. In his mind's eye, he sees a structure of light, forming many dimensions. He pulls at it using his mind, until the antimagic field is substantially changed. It begins to flicker, and then disappears.

(Gnight all. I have to go to bed now.)

The Nine
2006-12-21, 01:38 AM
((G'night. Twas fun, but I'm sad I didn't get to use the big guns))
When Bel'Gaer dissapears after collapsing the field Necromancy frowns. Abjuration, he's found a weakness. Remove it from subsequent castings. Omni, drop the curtain. Conjuration, he's gone. Get rid of that excess material. Evocation, you're recalled. Everyone else, check the Cornerston's operations. A failure would be disastrous at this time. Necromancy stands and stares at the outside moniters. So you too, know how we do things. Perhaps now you will be less likely to challenge us in the future. He turns and leaves the room.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 01:02 PM
Bel'Gaer flies back up to the turrets, it being a bright new day. He calls out, Do you wanna talk for a bit, or shall we test eachother for a while? I must say, I can go either way, and the testing would be more fun.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:11 PM
A few motes of dust whirl, then a small storm picks up and anything loose and unimportant in the area around Bel'Gaer (which may or may not include items on his person, at your choice) are picked up and swirled into a single mass, which transforms into the Masters.
What is your purpose here, mortal warper?

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 01:22 PM
Purpose? Oh, nothing unusual. I was just wondering about this set-up here, and your purpose with this town. I don't really care, so long as you don't destroy anything. All chaos in this town must pass through me, as its advocator, and a citadel appearing that launches bullets seems fairly chaotic. Lets have a talk. Bel'Gaer grabs at a pouch of marbles, and then at his hat, and then at a feather he was saving. His staff floats in the air beside him. He glares at the Masters, and collects his items. What is your purpose?

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:32 PM
I am here to reclaim my divine power.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 02:08 PM
Reclaim? Last I checked, it was fairly hard for a diety to lose his power. You need a lot of gods, a couple powerful items or mortals, or a sanction from very high up. He scratched his head. They didn't look like god material. Gods, who needs them? Everyone seems to get their power from a god these days. What happened to good ol' self suffficiency?

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 02:10 PM
The Masters clenches his fist.
Are you questioning me?

churchofbanjo
2006-12-21, 02:15 PM
I am merely saying that there are very few ways to lose one's divine power, and many specific to the sort of diety. What sort of diety were you? You might have gotten angry at me once. Quite a few have. I should tell you about the antimatter incident. Bel'Gaer bobs up and down in mid air. He scouts out the tower, shifting his eyes to zoom in and out. They flash and he suddenly can see magic and psionic effects on and around the citadel.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 02:18 PM
The Masters have no current psionic or magical effects on him, though assuming that Bel'Gaer can see magical/psionic proficiency (like the Arcane Sight spells) he can tell that he is somehow proficient... five times... in both magic and psionics, and that he is capable of casting and manifesting Epic spells and powers.
I was the god of no one here. I can tell you that with certainty. My realm was utterly destroyed.