PDA

View Full Version : Help with Epic Level Character

underlaud
2013-08-07, 05:46 PM
I am playing in a epic level game that is just getting off the ground (5 or so sessions in, level 21.) I have been through one character already and ended up retiring him as I made him uber crunch range character that output much much more damage than the rest of the party (did Scout/Ranger manyshot skirmish build.)

My second character, I think, is still along the lines of "To Much stuff" for me to effectively play. Druid/Wizard/Arcane Hierophant/Mystic Theruge/Epic Arcane Hierophant. Vermin variants on everything (animal companion and wild shape, and replaced other druid features with their vermin counterparts) for fluff. All in all the character has over 100 spells a day, a animal companion familiar augmented with Natural Bond, and items that bring my effective druid level for wild shape up to my HD. So many options that I am having a hard time picking out a spell list as I am not sure exactly which route do I want to take... Buff, healing, spell slinger, or melee.

In our party we currently have:

Trumpet Archon Paladin
Human Wizard Loremaster
Half Ogre Half Dragon Cleric Ordained Champion Contemplative (I help make this one, was a bit proud of it from a Fluff standpoint.)
Then me.

Also we are about mid range optimized as a party.

I am not sure if I want to keep with the AH (if anyone has any good ideas on spell selections and roles given my current party make up please let me know) or make a new character (again) to get something that does not feel all so overwhelming (played with the idea of just going straight druid.) I put a few other characters on paper (straight human monk, Pixie Rogue Master 5 thrower Invisible Blade 5, and Psion/Thrallherd/Anarchic Initiate.) Dm said we could pull out all the stops (hence the savage species races) but I do not want to make something that will totally overshadow the other party members like I did with the ranger scout, and im not one of those players that truly wants to break the game (i do get a chuckle in cracking it on occasion though.)

Any advice or recommendations anyone can offer is much appreciated.

Sith_Happens
2013-08-07, 06:15 PM
With 100+ spells per day, I'm pretty sure you don't have to choose. Especially when you can turn half of them into dinosaurs.

Melcar
2013-08-07, 06:29 PM
I would very much liek to know how you get to a 100+ spells a day!

underlaud
2013-08-07, 06:38 PM
I would very much liek to know how you get to a 100+ spells a day!

18th lvl Wizard for spells, 17th lvl Druid for Spells
Plus bonus spells from high ability mods. Does not include 0th.

Wizard

From Lvl: 444444332 - 32 spells
From Ability Mod: 333222211 - 19 Spells

51 Wizard Spells

druid

From Lvl: 555544332 - 36 spells
From Ability Mod: 332222111 - 17 spells

53 Druid spells

Total of 104.

Add another 10 if you want to include 0th lvl spells.

Progression was

Druid 3 /Wizard 3 /Mystic Theruge 4 /Arcane Hierophant 10 /Epic Arcane Hierophant 1