PDA

View Full Version : Ways to make a Warmage add more spells

ArqArturo
2013-08-07, 07:16 PM
Now, I've already covered several basics in the guidebook (of sorts) I'm still making, but I think Warmage is one of those classes that, with good knowhow, you can pretty much turn it into a monster. Obviously Arcane Disciple can make him add a lot of spells in his list (my favorite was adding Healing, and since I could touch attack undead, I dealt some nice damage to undead).

I consider Rainbow Servant a mixed bag, because, unlike other PrCs like Sandshaper or Exalted Arcanist, Rainbow Servant doesn't say that it adds cleric spells to the list. But, be that as if may, a DM can interpret it as if it could, in that case that's the #1 approach.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-07, 07:49 PM
Prestige Bard? It's easier for a Beguiler, but it's possible-- True Strike is a divination, and Phantasmal Killer is an illusion, so you only need to drop one Eclectic Learning on an Enchantment. The rules make a pretty good case for adding any unique bard spells to their list of spells known.

ArqArturo
2013-08-07, 08:21 PM
And then the warmage can kill you softly with his song (http://youtu.be/oKOtzIo-uYw)? :smalltongue:.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-07, 08:23 PM
Can you get into Dracolexi as a Warmage?

ArqArturo
2013-08-07, 08:33 PM
Can you get into Dracolexi as a Warmage?

Yes it can, and while some power-words are interesting to add, the bonus spells seem to limit to his list, or at least that's how I'm reading it.

As a sidenote, this PrC gives me a vibe for a 'Dovakihn' kind of character :smallsmile:.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-07, 08:45 PM
Yes it can, and while some power-words are interesting to add, the bonus spells seem to limit to his list, or at least that's how I'm reading it.
Not sure what you mean by "limit to his list." The text says "select any single power word spell and add it to the spell list of any one spontaneous arcane spellcasting class that you have." The warmage casts spontaneously from his entire list. Seems pretty straightforwards to me.

Also, almost forgot: Runestaffs, from the MIC.

ArqArturo
2013-08-07, 08:55 PM
Yes, he does add Power Words, but he also adds Bonus spells known, those are the ones I'm referring to.

I completely forgot about the runestaffs, though.

The Viscount
2013-08-08, 11:17 AM
There's always the Eclectic learning ACF for better advanced learning spells. Any of the heritage feats from dragon compendium also work. There's Fiend-blooded, too, though it certainly doesn't add as many spells as others.